8708 J W Clay Blvd
Charlotte, NC 28262Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://firewatercharlotte.com/
- Phone: 7045490050
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Sunday: 11:00am - 2:00am
- Payment Options: MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Beer, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Takeout, Wine
A word from FireWater Restaurant
Friendly service with a smile and the best food you’ve ever had. That’s the Firewater promise. We offer unique and cutting-edge menu items for lunch, dinner, and catering.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
FireWater Restaurant reviews from OpenTable diners
4 reviews since June 2, 2014
- Ambiance2.8Noise LevelModerate
good for groups (3)great for outdoor dining (2)great for lunch (1)scenic view (1)kid-friendly (1)special occasion (1)vibrant bar scene (1)Show More
- go elsewherekyoshuuseiVIPDined on 6/26/2014In contrast to other nearby places, it was nearly empty, and with good reason. The high prices, cheap decor (butcher paper on tables, really?), dreary appearance, and bad service combined convinced us to leave before ordering anything besides beer - which they didn't get right either. We won't be going back again, and I suggest you avoid it.
- For a fun datenight w/great foodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/15/2014The food was great and our service was good. My only complaint was that the night we were there for a family, special occasion; the bar had booked a DJ. Normally that would not be a probem for me, but it was really loud and not the right ambience for a Father's Day Dinner. Not sure who the lucky people were who can rock out at the bar on a early Sunday evening, but it seemed more like a Friday or Saturday night atmosphere. So if you are looking to "get your groove on" on a Sunday night, Firewater is happenin! Would love to go back for a Date night with the hubby!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- UnimpressedVIPDined on 6/14/2014Overall good restaurant for a pre-concert dinner in the University area. We just felt a bit rushed when our group had an early reservation and had plenty of time.Special Features:
- The following 8 reviews are from the FireWater Restaurant reviews archive.
- Sunday Brunch1tallchickDined on 4/20/2014We stopped by as a less expensive alternative to the pricey Easter brunches advertised all over Charlotte. At less the $15 per person, there was a great spread of food, including lots of shrimp cocktail and a fabulous sweet potato casserole. There was also ham and prime rib at the carving station. They do not offer the bottomless mimosas as advertised on their website (something about alcohol laws), but our waiter was kind enough to offer a bottle of champagne and orange juice for free to mix with. We will definitely be returning again for Sunday brunch!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hit or miss...SherylfayDined on 4/11/2014There's not much to choose from in the University area but the menu looked promising and it was a nice night... Upon checking in, the waiter couldn't find our reservation (not a good sign) and the interior of the place looked dim and un-inviting. We asked to be seated outside and ordered a bottle of wine. 20 minutes later my husband went to look for the waiter to find out what happened! The manager finally brought us a different bottle saying the other wasn't cold. When our food arrived (45 minutes later), it was fairly good but not consistent. Lamb was cooked and seasoned well. Vegetables were over-salted and drowning in butter. Our waiter needed to be told we had no silverware. Decent meal but not worth the spotty service.Special Features:
- "Very Romantic" ...SinngoddessDined on 3/30/2014I have been to this restaurant more than a handful of times. The customer service/staff is extremely friendly. The food is absolutely "AMAZINGLY DELICIOUS" ... I also Love the Wine List !!..Special Features:
- Good FoodNightout1Dined on 3/29/2014My wife and I went here to check it out through Groupon. The service was good not great. The food was very good. The layout is unusual. Best seats and view are reserved for large Groups. No views of the Lake that it sets on. My wife liked the Beef Stroganoff was great. My stake was very good a little fatty. We may try it again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not That Good, Not All BadcrampDined on 3/28/2014The appetizers were really good (Fried pickles and Chicken Wings) but thats when it went downhill. The drinks were basically juice, the entree (lamb chops) were bland and very small. The potatoes were okay and they forgot to bring us our spinach. I had to actually go and hunt down a server (he hardly came back to our table) to ask for our spinach. When we got the spinach, not only was it horrible but it was soaked in beer (it taste like). Finished off with a strawberry cheesecake in which was pretty delicious. So Id say the highlight of the night was the appetizers and desert. Every thing else was a waste of money. My wife and I would not be going back.Special Features:
- Good but other options betterOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/8/2014Overall it was very nice. Fairly large wine list by the bottle but somewhat limited by the glass. Our server was very very nice. The hostess on the other hand was basically unwelcoming. We saw her show several parties to their tables but she would walk so fast and uninterested in the customers, more than once she was on her way back to the hostess stand before the people had even reached the table. It's a great location but the interior seems a bit ragged, with multiple small chunks of drywall missing from corners on the walls and tiles missing in areas of the floor, for example. Based on the food and our server Lissa, we would go back or recommend. Based on the rest of the staff, we wouldn't.
- Great locationjRossDined on 2/20/2014We were staying at the hilton and this restaurant was a great pick for ease of getting there and the food was great. I especially recommend the scallops and risotto!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OverpricedimnotstraightDined on 2/14/2014Do not eat here on Valentines day unless you are willing to pay 45 dollars for a 15 dollar entree. There was a set menu of pricy items that did not taste as well as they were priced. Yes this included a small appetizer and a desert, but not everyone wants those. The waiter was not helpful with explaining the menu.Special Features: