105 N Market St
Frederick, MD 21701Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.firestonesrestaurant.com/
- Phone: 301-663-0330
- Hours of Operation:
Brunch: Saturday: 11:00am - 3:00pm, Sunday: 10:00am - 3:00pm
Lunch: Tuesday - Friday: 11:00am - 4:00pm
Dinner: Tuesday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Sunday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm
All reservations made on Open Table are for our second level dining area. If you need lower level reservations, please call the restaurant directly.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Gastro Pub
- Executive Chef: Jack Walker
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Smoking Area, Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wine
A word from Firestone's
Firestone's Culinary Tavern, opened in 1999, is located in downtown Frederick's picturesque Historic District. It is housed in a 1921 building that was initially the home of Shipley's Department Store. The restaurant combines outstanding cuisine with the casual atmosphere of a neighborhood tavern. The Washington Post says, "the atmosphere is prime...the food is, too!".Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
- Diners' Choice WinnerVibrant Bar Scene
- Diners' Choice WinnerAmerican
Firestone's - Best Restaurants in Frederick ›
Firestone's reviews from OpenTable diners
77 reviews since May 21, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (40)neighborhood gem (34)special occasion (34)great for lunch (29)vibrant bar scene (24)romantic (23)scenic view (22)great for brunch (21)notable wine list (18)hot spot (11)good for groups (9)late-night find (3)kid-friendly (2)Show More
- Better food than I expected!BrentFDined on 2/15/2014Amazing food at Firestones. Great service . The only thing I had a problem with was the vent pumping cold air towards our table. Asked to have vent closed and was told it already was.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experiencemichaels0819Dined on 2/14/2014Excellent restaurant, with terrific food and service. Wait time between courses longer than expected. Noise level a little high, mostly coming from the bar. Definitely one of the best restaurants in Frederick.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One, if not the best in Frederick!JordanDined on 2/14/2014My wife and I went for our second time this Valentine's day and it was amazing! Get the Hanger steak!!!! Also there French Onion soup was one of the best I've had...it has a sweeter taste than the usual french onion soup you'll find other places. I also thoroughly enjoyed the Oyster Shooter drink...it was small but full of flavor. Go here!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Valentines DinnermrbmistVIPDined on 2/14/2014My wife and I has planned a special evening, we could not have anticipated how well it would have The Hangar steak was perfectly prepared and the Desert Sampler was to die for...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Rustic Atmosphere with Great FoodLove2dineDined on 2/14/2014Firestone's has a historic feel, with its large and rustic first floor bar area, original wood floors, and open second floor area looking over the bar and offering several tables that also have a view out the window of historic Frederick. The menu offers a nice variety of elegantly prepared food choices. The beer and wine list is extensive. The service was very good, although our waiter was a little unusual in some of his manorisms, however for a very busy evening, the courses were delivered at good intervals. Firestone's is definitely on my top 5 list of restaurant choices in Frederick.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistency is number 1lindaDined on 2/8/2014I have been to this restaurant 4 times, and each time the service, food and ambience has been the same, perfect! It is reassuring to know you can expect the same level of service and quality of food when you dine at Firestone's.Special Features:
- Corn beef sandwich!VicPicksDined on 2/6/2014My husband and I were told by our waiter that the corn beef sandwich is good at Firestone. He was right! Well worth trying. We were there for a late lunch and it was quiet. We had a second floor window table that we were told we were assigned for making our reservation with Open Table. Thank you Open Table!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- It was a dreary mid-week evening,tomfVIPDined on 2/4/2014It was a dreary mid-week evening, with more bad weather forecast. The reception was warm, our waitress smiled at my request to "keep the storm away for a couple of hours" (and succeeded). and was very understanding about our desire to conclude business reasonably rapidly. Our meals (hanger steak and "pork and beans") were good if not memorable and the wine was fine. It's a good spot.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Night OutMDPMPDined on 2/1/2014Was First Saturday in Frederick so things were very busy -- had a nice view of Market Street so great opportunity to people watch. Michael provided great service and the food was just outstanding. You really need to try the Pork and Beans before the leave the menu.Special Features:
- Good alternative to VOLT?HistoricHVIPDined on 2/1/2014We waited to long to seek reservations for VOLT and were delighted to get into Firestone's. We found good parking on the street, had great upstairs table with view of action on Market street. Service was wonderful as were recommendations on food and local beer. everything was A-1.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not badFoodiesDined on 2/1/2014We went during first Saturday which is a crowded night, but we were seated on time. Our waitress Heather was awesome and great! The food menu was ok though. We are foodies, but were disappointed by the choices. Needs more variety for people--seafood, chicken, meat, etc.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Had lunch on both 1 & 2 FebALLEYDined on 2/1/2014Had lunch on both 1 & 2 Feb 14. Server was right on top of everything. Food was super delicious and really enjoyed the jazz being played on 2 Feb. The wine list was very good and prices within reason. Simply enjoyed. One in our party could not manage the stairs, so the staff set up tables to accommodate us downstairs. That's service!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- When I want a "pick-me-up",OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 1/26/2014When I want a "pick-me-up", this place is at the top of my list! What better way to enjoy fine food then with a glass of wine and listen to good jazz!!! If I were a local, I'd be there every Sunday for brunch! Doesn't get much better!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Two thumbs up!WineanddinerDined on 1/24/2014From beginning to end, our dining experience was perfection. The food was phenomenal, the service was impeccable and we cannot wait to go back. I highly recommend this spot for a date night or just somewhere to have a really great dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Confused restaurantKimbyVIPDined on 1/19/2014The dining experience here was great except that the restaurant seemed a bit confused regarding its place. After we ordered, everyone received an amuse-bouche. There was also a palette cleanser between the first and second courses. In my dining experiences, I have only ever received an amuse-bouche or palette cleanser at the most upscale restaurants. This restaurant may have been trying to give that experience, however, that ambience was muddled by the sports bar on the first floor, which the second floor is open to and looks out on. We found this a little odd.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I'm definitely coming back!dia11577Dined on 1/18/2014I went to Firestone's a couple of days ago to celebrate a friend's birthday. It was a great experience and the food was nothing short of fantastic. I live in Baltimore, so Frederick isn't exactly close. However, the ambiance, quality of food and service, and robust beer list were enough for me to text my wife from the table and tell her that I couldn't wait to take her to Firestone's sometime soon.Special Features:
- Excellent FoodAPRILRN49Dined on 1/17/2014The food and service was great. I had the seared scallops and they were delicious. We were upstairs in the corner with a great view of the downstairs bar. It was cold where we sitting. Cold air blowing from the vent, that no one was able to fix. I would recommend going back, just need to dress in layers.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- brunch bunchsoireeguyDined on 1/12/2014Found Firestone when looking for a place to take my girl for a nice Sunday brunch. Used the on line reservation to make a reservation which made it sound like there would be limited seating. We arrived a half hour early but were seated right away. Water was friendly and attentive but not overly so. Food was excellent and so was the jazz music playing just below were we were seated. Our time at Firestone was as close to perfect as it could have been. I will recommend to friends living in the area. We were traveling, just spending a few days in the Frederick area so it is unlikely that we will be returning any time soon.....our loss.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GREAT SERVICEFANTASTICDined on 1/11/2014We made a reservation for a 12:30 lunch on a Saturday, requesting a window table if possible. We got a lovely window table and didn't leave until almost 4. The lunch crowd came and went and we talked on. Our server was attentive, keeping our coffee filled, and never acted as though we had to hurry up. Obviously, she got a big tip. Lovely afternoon!Special Features:
- Went for Brunch - Opted for LunchNRGLawyerDined on 1/11/2014Firestone's has a wonderful brunch/lunch menu, but the homemade pastrami and burgers were too tempting so we opted for lunch on this cold and rainy Saturday. Stay with the fries, skip the onion rings (which are just ok). Try the crab dip appetizer---beyond sumptuous and nicely presented! We tried the apple cobbler for dessert and if you are an apple cobbler fan, this recipe is excellent. Apple cider will be a main ingredient in the future. Same is true for the onion soup, which has apple cider in its base. Overall: Great food; great location; reasonable; great wait staff. Frederick has many good lunch places, but we'll definitely visit Firestone's again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Date Night GemmrbmistVIPDined on 1/10/2014The Chef never fails to amaze me. What he does with the hanger steak is simply delicious. The special Gem are the amazing desert preparations. WoW!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great foodcarolDined on 1/10/2014Everything was delicious from the appetizers to the desserts . My daughter suggested this restaurant we are from outer state and took her out for her birthday!!!!!!I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great celebration dinner!luv2eatDined on 1/3/2014We were celebrating my husband's 25th year of working for the company. The food was amazing. The service was outstanding. The noise level was a bit loud. However, we will definitely be back. We will go a little earlier. My husband dines in Washington DC frequently for work, and he said Firestone's is now at the top of his list of favorites. What a great find in Frederick.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great New Year's EveMattDined on 12/31/2013New Year's Eve dinner was excellent. The Clam Chowder is still the best around. My wife had the Andan Bass was superb. I had the hanger steak and though it was very good after sampling the bass I would have gladly taken it instead. Desert of Firestone's coffee and apple cobbler finished off an excellent New Year's Eve.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- New Year Eve 2013TikiDined on 12/31/2013We have been dining at Firestone's for the past 5 years and the food always taste great accompanied by great service. I always request a window table that overlooks Market Street. My wife had the filet mignon with lobster tail and I had the seared scallops. Great wine and cocktail selection. We shared desert of bread pudding with espresso ice cream. Most importantly we never feel like they are rushing us out to seat new customers.Special Features:
- Great place to celebratemrbmistVIPDined on 12/28/2013We were out with friends celebrating a very special occasion and our experience at Firestones topped off this very special evening. Our friends were in from Mississippi and expressed their warm thank you for such an nereid bel dining experience. They tried a variety of menu items indiscriminately but more especially the truffle fries blew them away. Along with the special touches by the Chef. Special thanks for a special night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of the best restaurantsmoockceDined on 12/27/2013One of the best restaurants in Frederick. The food was cooked perfectly and the presentation was very appealing. The wait staff was very helpful in explaining the dishes. The restaurant is imtimate, but you don't feel that others can overhear your conversation. It is perfect for any occasion from a business lunch to a group of firends to a romantic dinner for two.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful yet again.HappyFoodieDined on 12/22/2013We have been enjoying holiday meals (and others) at Firestone's for years. We have never had a bad meal and have always been impressed with the service. Already looking forward to next time.Special Features:
- We Love this PlaceLRDKWDDined on 12/21/2013The food and service is always great. It does get a little loud once the bar starts filling up.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great as alwaysChrisileneDined on 12/21/2013We went to Firestone's on 12/21/2013. We arrived a few minutes early but the table was ready to go. We requested a window seat on the second level when booking the reservation. They were able to accommodate this request. My wife and I only enjoy the restaurant a few times a year. Firestone's service is always impeccable. Having seen many of the same faces over the years, I know they take great care of their staff, and it reflects in the service they provide. The food is consistently excellent. There never seems to be an 'off' night in the kitchen. The place is expensive, but you get what you pay for with Firestone's.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful experienceFrederickArtist22Dined on 12/21/2013I had been at this restaurant before but only at the bar area. I always enjoy the bar, the service and great appetizers. I had never ate for dinner. I had made reservations for 4. We had a window seat overlooking the downtown street. Great atmosphere. Great service. Great food. Everything was great! Highly recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love Firestone's for business lunchDianeDined on 12/20/2013Firestone's has outstanding food and service and is the perfect setting for a business lunch!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful place to meet friendsElizabethDined on 12/18/2013This is the half way point to our friends' house and thus provides a great place for us to meet for dinner or brunch from time to time. It is a wonderful place for that sort of meeting--no one rushed us, the atmosphere was energetic but relaxed. The food is good, not great, but the experience is definitely top notch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Brunch Every SundayCarolDined on 12/15/2013For almost three years, we have eaten Sunday brunch at Firestone's. I think that says it all!Special Features:
- Special night out with MomnewbiefoodieDined on 12/12/2013We took my mother in law out for a show in Baltimore and had an early dinner at Firestone's for an early Christmas present. The food was fantastic, service excellent and because we were there early (5pm) it was pretty quiet. I have been there before at the 7pm dining hour and it can be quite loud. The restaurant was beautifully decorated for the season and I had requested a front window table in my reservation and it was honored. We love this restaurant and will continue to frequent it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food in the Heart of FredericFredfoodieDined on 12/7/2013This was my first visit to Firestone's. Like other successful restaurants, Firestone's has a certain energy that you can feel when you walk in. The staff are all very pleasant and efficient, and keep things moving at a steady pace. The menu is diverse without being overwhelmingly large. The meal was outstanding. I had the New England clam chowder, scallops, and the creme brulee. The fresh clams were a treat, and the scallops were cooked to perfection. The brulee was smooth, not overly sweet, and the glaze was delicate. I will definitely go back, perhaps for lunch next time, and recommend Firestone's to anyone.Special Features:
- Best view in Frederick for dinnerClemson101Dined on 12/6/2013Upstairs table by the window gives you a perfect view of downtown Frederick. Food and service were great.Special Features:
- Burnt burgergentedieDined on 12/6/2013Generally, the food at Firestone's, especially the burgers, has been quite good. However, on our most recent experience two days ago (Friday, 12/6) that was not the case: I asked for a "medium well-done burger" with mushrooms, bacon, sauteed onions. What I got was a totally charred, crusty and completely dry inedible burger, which I should have sent back! Unfortunately, I did not and it was like eating an old boot. My husband's so-called Caesar salad was abysmal: whoever made it used all the outside leaves of a very limp head of Romaine, exactly the opposite of what they should have used. It was a limp, chewy, tasteless mess, equally inedible.Special Features:
- holiday kickoffMaggieDined on 11/29/2013We traditionally go to Firestones to start our holiday celebrations. We were seated on the second floor, tucked away in the back where there was a significant draft, so we were chilly all night. The server was excellent as were her 'helpers'. Two of us ordered gnocchi and sadly it was underdone.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Worth another tryoscar1Dined on 11/29/2013Restaurant was very cold near the windows. Steak was so bad they took it off the bill. Lobster dish was awesome. Server was very efficient and casual friendly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.