105 N Market St
Frederick, MD 21701Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.firestonesrestaurant.com/
- Phone: 301-663-0330
- Hours of Operation:
Brunch: Saturday: 11:00am - 3:00pm, Sunday: 10:00am - 3:00pm
Lunch: Tuesday - Friday: 11:00am - 4:00pm
Dinner: Tuesday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Sunday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm
All reservations made on Open Table are for our second level dining area. If you need lower level reservations, please call the restaurant directly.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Gastro Pub
- Executive Chef: Jack Walker
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Smoking Area, Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wine
A word from Firestone's
Firestone's Culinary Tavern, opened in 1999, is located in downtown Frederick's picturesque Historic District. It is housed in a 1921 building that was initially the home of Shipley's Department Store. The restaurant combines outstanding cuisine with the casual atmosphere of a neighborhood tavern. The Washington Post says, "the atmosphere is prime...the food is, too!".Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
Firestone's - Best Restaurants in Frederick ›
Firestone's reviews from OpenTable diners
74 reviews since July 2, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (40)neighborhood gem (32)special occasion (29)great for lunch (26)great for brunch (24)vibrant bar scene (24)scenic view (22)romantic (20)notable wine list (15)hot spot (10)good for groups (10)late-night find (2)kid-friendly (2)Show More
- LOVE the Stoney TavernOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/28/2014Firestones is great for daytime lunches and drinks, romantic dinners, and great nights out. Make a reservation for a window seat upstairs!Special Features:
- BrunchbarbeDined on 10/26/2014We reserved a table for 4. 3 had eggs benedict: good, but some egg white cut off, too thin on bacon (Canadian?), and not enough Hollandaise sauce. Last few times it was better, so perhaps it was a different or new cook. Excellent fried potatoes and coffee. We all cleared our plates! Asked for a table at window and was accommodated.Special Features:
- Great RestaurantkayceeintulsaVIPDined on 10/25/2014First time at Firestones. Beautiful setting in old building. Dined on second floor overlooking street. Great for people watching! Thought menu was a bit limited but food selections we made were very good. Staff was friendly and efficient. Made you feel welcome.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loved every aspectgrace9476Dined on 10/24/2014Our table was ready ahead of schedule in my requested section at the window. Our server was entertaining, knowledgeable, and had excellent timing of our meals and following up. He was a refreshing improvement to service we've received in other restaurants, really great. The food was exceptional - crab dip, onion soup, burger, and scallops were all above par with some unique flavor combos (I.e., apple cider in the onion soup was incredible). Dessert was yummy and presented beautifully and drinks were mixed to our liking. From start to finish, it was a fantastic evening and meal. We felt special and very full leaving. We will most definitely return.Special Features:
- Sunday brunchTomInMDDined on 10/19/2014We love Firestone'so for Sunday brunch. Good food, fair prices.Special Features:
- Great mealJfred11Dined on 10/18/2014This is a cute place to go. The service is wonder and the food is excellent. Your glass is always full. Good operation overall.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wednesday night birthdayBirthdayBlastDined on 10/15/2014We went to firestone's for my birthday. It was wonderful. The dining room is upstairs, and the floor is open to the bar below. It's both a good and a bad thing. The bar noise shoots straight up to the dining room. Food is delicious, waitstaff is attentive, overall a great experience!Special Features:
- Wonderful dining experiencelovetoeatDined on 10/7/2014We chose Firestone's to celebrate our friend's birthday, and we were very happy with our dining experience. Our server, Leslie was wonderful and the food was absolutely delicious. The Short Ribs were outstanding. It's one of my favorite restaurants in Frederick. Always enjoy our times there!!Special Features:
- Still a treatCarolDined on 10/5/2014I started going to Firestones when it first opened and have never been disappointed. The menu is much more ambitious now, but it is always a real treat to dine here. It can be relaxed and casual or a very formal celebration - the food, service and atmosphere never disappoint! I always take my out of town guests here and their reactions are always the same "When can I come back?"Special Features:
- Worst Birthday EverNMFDDined on 10/4/2014Terrible Table and limited menu began my experience at Firestones. This escalated into a horrible experience when my steak salad was served to me full of grizzle. When I sent the salad back I was told I had to pick something else on the menu which made me think that the waiter just didn't believe me. I sat for one hour waiting for my meal, while my husband ate his dinner all to be presented with a bill at he end that charged me for the meal they had switched me to....complimentary desert and an ever growing boisterous bar scene did nothing to save the spirit of my birthday. The should be serving pub food in this kind of atmosphere, not charging extremely high prices for low quality food they are attempting to call fine dining.Special Features:
- Great Food; Only Good ServiceRMalachowDined on 10/2/2014Food was excellent - interesting combinations and flavors - subtle twists on classics. Server was initially attentive, but after ordering food was not seen again until the check - e.g. Did not refill soft drinks or check on us.Special Features:
- nananaDined on 9/27/2014disappointed in the meal and noise level - heard dishes crashing several timesSpecial Features:
- Great for first dateDateDined on 9/25/2014The menu is laking a large variety . Staff was amazing and very attentive had a amazing timeSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Enjoyed the lunch.helenDined on 9/25/2014Would love it if wine flights were offered. Also, mini desserts would be desirable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent lunchPinkShirtGuyVIPDined on 9/20/2014I had their 'famous' pastrami sandwich and my wife had the quiche. Both were amazing. Food being delivered to other tables looked great too.Special Features:
- Perfect eveningHappydiningDined on 9/10/2014This was our first time at the restaurant....our experience was perfect. The place is lovely....a fun bar downstairs, a quiet restaurant upstairs. We ordered a deviled egg appetizer that was so delicious (and large) it could have been a meal. Our entrees were beautifully prepared and delicious. The service was first-rate. Our waiter delivered a birthday cake with candle without my husband noticing it coming.Special Features:
- Great saturday dinnerChelswVIPDined on 9/6/2014I made a last minute reservation at Firestones and it was no problem to fit my group of 4 in. The service was wonderful and the food was delicious as always. The upstairs has a beautiful window that I recommend sitting by!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great neighborhood findmrbmistVIPDined on 8/28/2014The Hangar Steak is incredible. With a Coffee Crème Brûlée to top off the evening...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- excellent for lunchTomInMDDined on 8/27/2014Good food, good service. The hot pastrami sandwich is fabulous.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great as AlwaysFANTASTICDined on 8/24/2014Our first time for brunch. Asked for a table by the window and were pleasantly surprised to get a great table. We ordered the Summer Corn Chowder which had to be sent back to the kitchen twice to be heated to an acceptable temperature. It arrived the third time reasonably hot. They did not charge us. Good customer service!! We ordered the Three Deviled Egg appetizer that was OUTSTANDING. Two of our party ordered the Monte Cristo, one ordered the Oyster Sandwich, and I had the BLTA. All of were extremely happy with our choices.Special Features:
- Farm to Fork WeekNonnaDined on 8/23/2014My husband and I had dinner here recently on a Saturday night. I was a little apprehensive at first when booking this reservation; thinking that its the busiest night of the week and it is Farm to Fork week. I thought that the food and the service would not be up to par, however, I was pleasantly surprised to find that the food was outstanding as always, the Rockfish I had was super fresh and my husbands homemade Kielbasi was tender and seasoned to perfection. Suffice to say, the service by Karen was excellent, even though it was a very busy evening.Special Features:
- Second Visit...Still ImpressedMelissaUDined on 8/23/2014This was the second visit to Firestones and I was just impressed with the food and service as the first time. We were there again for the Farm to Table week appetizers, meals, and dessert were all inclusive of ingredients from local producers. Service was friendly and knowledgeable about the food- we had reservations and were seated directly.Special Features:
- Great Birthday celebrationPrimsmomDined on 8/23/2014Went for a friend's birthday celebration. Had a great time. Wonderful food, wonderful service from Alice who was knowledgeable and just great.Special Features:
- lmcdevittlmcdevittDined on 8/21/2014I was visiting Frederick and Firestones was an amazing find. The food was incredible! The service excellent....friendly, smiles everywhere. If I lived in Frederick I would be at Firestones at least once a week.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never disappointed...bradkingsrDined on 8/16/2014We've been to Firestone's several times and this place always meets and exceeds expectations. It is a safe bet to impress visiting friends or business associates at a reasonable price. I just wish I lived a bit closer because it is a true "neighborhood gem"! The staff is friendly and ebullient - which always helps the experience.Special Features:
- Charming setting and great foodSeattleFoodieDined on 8/16/2014I recently lunched at Firestone's with three family members while I was vacationing in the area. It was my first visit to Firestone's, although it has long been a favorite meeting place for my sisters, who live in the region. It was a wonderful experience, from the historic ambience to the delicious food to the friendly and attentive service. I thoroughly enjoyed the experience and hope to return to Firestone's on my next East Coast trip.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very loudOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/2/2014Open restaurant with bar downstairs and dining up...very loud.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ExperienceMikeyx32Dined on 8/2/2014Food was excellent, atmosphere was superb, the service from Alice (our member of the wait staff) was truly outstanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Terrible RestaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/27/2014We will not be going back to Firestones. It was terrible food and terrible service. We waited an hour after putting our order in to get our food.
- Lunch at Firestone'sPianoladyDined on 7/27/2014It was a Sunday afternoon and there was a jazz combo playing/singing live music, which was nice. However my friend and I requested a table on the opposite side of the restaurant, upstairs, where it was quieter. The noise level was very high, mostly from talking. Our waiter, Mike, was wonderful! Very attentive and helpful in our choice of entrees. We both ordered the Flank Steak Salad. The flavors of arugula, blueberry were a nice addition. The flank steak was tender, tasty and done to a "medium" perfection. Our desserts, Cookies and Cream Cheesecake and Coffee Crème Brulee, were over the top! Though the cheesecake was yummy, it was very filling and I could only eat 1/2. I would go with the Coffee Crème Brulee next time!Special Features:
- Great for brunchOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 7/27/2014Good food, great service, live music. A real treat for Sunday AM brunch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice spotOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/25/2014Great food, great service, thnx Karen, little on the noisy side.Special Features:
- Great ambience and foodMyinputDined on 7/22/2014Service was a little slow for lunch but if you have the time, it's ok.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Firestone's Frederick MDPhoebe57Dined on 7/20/2014We have been to Firestone's many times for brunch and dinner. The service has always been attentive and the waiters (and kitchen) have been accommodating to food allergies. The menu, while not extremely large, is varied and unique. My husband (who was a maitre'd in New York and critiques everything) thinks the pastrami sandwich is one of the best he's ever had. The wine selection is decent and it is nice that you can choose between 3 sizes of wine servings. Portion sizes are large enough that we've never had room for dessert. Try to get a table in the window upstairs for a view of Market Street.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LOVE THIS RESTAURANT!!BroccoliVIPDined on 7/19/2014Pure deliciousness! Everything is always so well-prepared, and the servers are delightful! My husband and I love this place! He ALWAYS orders the Pastrami Sandwich, and it never misses. Try this place, you will love it too.Special Features:
- Great lunchsteveDined on 7/19/2014Went here while exploring Frederick and loved the restaurant. Great food, wait staff was knowledgeable, and the ambiance was special--very old, renovated space that is beautiful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday DinnerJerryDDined on 7/17/2014My wife and I went to Firestones for her birthday...it was a completely wonderful experience! The food and beverage was wonderful and we had a second story view of the street and it was just a completely wonderful experience. I would def go back again.Special Features:
- Great place for dining, relaxing...jujonesDined on 7/17/2014I've been to Firestone's several times now, finding the food, service, and atmosphere to be consistently excellent and, even though it can get very crowded (the bar, as well, seems to be a favorite hangout for locals and visitors alike), we've been able to hold a conversation through a meal very nicely, i.e. without yelling or, as in some places, "could you repeat that?" The staff are unfailingly helpful, courteous and friendly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sunday brunchFrederickfindsDined on 7/13/2014Great service, delicious food,and on Sundays jazz to complete the mood...what a find in quaint Frederick Maryland.Special Features:
- Fun atmosphere/good foodLuvWineVIPDined on 7/6/2014This was our first time at Firestones & it was a great find .. Great service/great ice tea/ live music... Great brunch place.. It was a little loud for talking but we would definitely returnSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.