105 N Market St
Frederick, MD 21701Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.firestonesrestaurant.com/
- Phone: 301-663-0330
- Hours of Operation:
Brunch: Saturday: 11:00am - 3:00pm, Sunday: 10:00am - 3:00pm
Lunch: Tuesday - Friday: 11:00am - 4:00pm
Dinner: Tuesday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Sunday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm
All reservations made on Open Table are for our second level dining area. If you need lower level reservations, please call the restaurant directly.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Gastro Pub
- Executive Chef: Jack Walker
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Smoking Area, Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wine
A word from Firestone's
Firestone's Culinary Tavern, opened in 1999, is located in downtown Frederick's picturesque Historic District. It is housed in a 1921 building that was initially the home of Shipley's Department Store. The restaurant combines outstanding cuisine with the casual atmosphere of a neighborhood tavern. The Washington Post says, "the atmosphere is prime...the food is, too!".Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
- Diners' Choice WinnerAmerican
- Diners' Choice WinnerVibrant Bar Scene
Firestone's - Best Restaurants in Frederick ›
Firestone's reviews from OpenTable diners
84 reviews since May 1, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (42)special occasion (39)neighborhood gem (39)vibrant bar scene (32)great for lunch (29)romantic (25)scenic view (25)great for brunch (24)notable wine list (21)hot spot (13)good for groups (7)late-night find (4)kid-friendly (2)Show More
- excellent for lunchTomInMDDined on 8/27/2014Good food, good service. The hot pastrami sandwich is fabulous.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great as AlwaysFANTASTICDined on 8/24/2014Our first time for brunch. Asked for a table by the window and were pleasantly surprised to get a great table. We ordered the Summer Corn Chowder which had to be sent back to the kitchen twice to be heated to an acceptable temperature. It arrived the third time reasonably hot. They did not charge us. Good customer service!! We ordered the Three Deviled Egg appetizer that was OUTSTANDING. Two of our party ordered the Monte Cristo, one ordered the Oyster Sandwich, and I had the BLTA. All of were extremely happy with our choices.Special Features:
- Farm to Fork WeekNonnaDined on 8/23/2014My husband and I had dinner here recently on a Saturday night. I was a little apprehensive at first when booking this reservation; thinking that its the busiest night of the week and it is Farm to Fork week. I thought that the food and the service would not be up to par, however, I was pleasantly surprised to find that the food was outstanding as always, the Rockfish I had was super fresh and my husbands homemade Kielbasi was tender and seasoned to perfection. Suffice to say, the service by Karen was excellent, even though it was a very busy evening.Special Features:
- Second Visit...Still ImpressedMelissaUDined on 8/23/2014This was the second visit to Firestones and I was just impressed with the food and service as the first time. We were there again for the Farm to Table week appetizers, meals, and dessert were all inclusive of ingredients from local producers. Service was friendly and knowledgeable about the food- we had reservations and were seated directly.Special Features:
- Great Birthday celebrationPrimsmomDined on 8/23/2014Went for a friend's birthday celebration. Had a great time. Wonderful food, wonderful service from Alice who was knowledgeable and just great.Special Features:
- lmcdevittlmcdevittDined on 8/21/2014I was visiting Frederick and Firestones was an amazing find. The food was incredible! The service excellent....friendly, smiles everywhere. If I lived in Frederick I would be at Firestones at least once a week.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never disappointed...bradkingsrDined on 8/16/2014We've been to Firestone's several times and this place always meets and exceeds expectations. It is a safe bet to impress visiting friends or business associates at a reasonable price. I just wish I lived a bit closer because it is a true "neighborhood gem"! The staff is friendly and ebullient - which always helps the experience.Special Features:
- Charming setting and great foodSeattleFoodieDined on 8/16/2014I recently lunched at Firestone's with three family members while I was vacationing in the area. It was my first visit to Firestone's, although it has long been a favorite meeting place for my sisters, who live in the region. It was a wonderful experience, from the historic ambience to the delicious food to the friendly and attentive service. I thoroughly enjoyed the experience and hope to return to Firestone's on my next East Coast trip.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very loudOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/2/2014Open restaurant with bar downstairs and dining up...very loud.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ExperienceMikeyx32Dined on 8/2/2014Food was excellent, atmosphere was superb, the service from Alice (our member of the wait staff) was truly outstanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Terrible RestaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/27/2014We will not be going back to Firestones. It was terrible food and terrible service. We waited an hour after putting our order in to get our food.
- Lunch at Firestone'sPianoladyDined on 7/27/2014It was a Sunday afternoon and there was a jazz combo playing/singing live music, which was nice. However my friend and I requested a table on the opposite side of the restaurant, upstairs, where it was quieter. The noise level was very high, mostly from talking. Our waiter, Mike, was wonderful! Very attentive and helpful in our choice of entrees. We both ordered the Flank Steak Salad. The flavors of arugula, blueberry were a nice addition. The flank steak was tender, tasty and done to a "medium" perfection. Our desserts, Cookies and Cream Cheesecake and Coffee Crème Brulee, were over the top! Though the cheesecake was yummy, it was very filling and I could only eat 1/2. I would go with the Coffee Crème Brulee next time!Special Features:
- Great for brunchOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 7/27/2014Good food, great service, live music. A real treat for Sunday AM brunch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice spotOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/25/2014Great food, great service, thnx Karen, little on the noisy side.Special Features:
- Great ambience and foodMyinputDined on 7/22/2014Service was a little slow for lunch but if you have the time, it's ok.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Firestone's Frederick MDPhoebe57Dined on 7/20/2014We have been to Firestone's many times for brunch and dinner. The service has always been attentive and the waiters (and kitchen) have been accommodating to food allergies. The menu, while not extremely large, is varied and unique. My husband (who was a maitre'd in New York and critiques everything) thinks the pastrami sandwich is one of the best he's ever had. The wine selection is decent and it is nice that you can choose between 3 sizes of wine servings. Portion sizes are large enough that we've never had room for dessert. Try to get a table in the window upstairs for a view of Market Street.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LOVE THIS RESTAURANT!!BroccoliVIPDined on 7/19/2014Pure deliciousness! Everything is always so well-prepared, and the servers are delightful! My husband and I love this place! He ALWAYS orders the Pastrami Sandwich, and it never misses. Try this place, you will love it too.Special Features:
- Great lunchsteveDined on 7/19/2014Went here while exploring Frederick and loved the restaurant. Great food, wait staff was knowledgeable, and the ambiance was special--very old, renovated space that is beautiful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday DinnerJerryDDined on 7/17/2014My wife and I went to Firestones for her birthday...it was a completely wonderful experience! The food and beverage was wonderful and we had a second story view of the street and it was just a completely wonderful experience. I would def go back again.Special Features:
- Great place for dining, relaxing...jujonesDined on 7/17/2014I've been to Firestone's several times now, finding the food, service, and atmosphere to be consistently excellent and, even though it can get very crowded (the bar, as well, seems to be a favorite hangout for locals and visitors alike), we've been able to hold a conversation through a meal very nicely, i.e. without yelling or, as in some places, "could you repeat that?" The staff are unfailingly helpful, courteous and friendly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sunday brunchFrederickfindsDined on 7/13/2014Great service, delicious food,and on Sundays jazz to complete the mood...what a find in quaint Frederick Maryland.Special Features:
- Fun atmosphere/good foodLuvWineVIPDined on 7/6/2014This was our first time at Firestones & it was a great find .. Great service/great ice tea/ live music... Great brunch place.. It was a little loud for talking but we would definitely returnSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our favorite place in Frederick!Giddyup7Dined on 7/5/2014Always enjoy our visit to Firestone's...we discovered it first back in 2005 on an impromptu day trip, and have made it a must stop ever since. The food never disappoints, nor does the service. One of my favorite meals was a fried green tomato concoction that was absolutely delicious...I still hope each time I return to catch it back on the menu. The restaurant itself is very interesting, housed in an old department store called Shipley's with stamped tin ceiling tiles. Our favorite table is upstairs next to the window overlooking the street. We've never been for dinner but I imagine it could be quite romantic in the evening. If you haven't been to Firestone's, make it a point to give it a try...you'll be glad you did!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WonderfulMy3dogsDined on 7/2/2014I was walking up the street looking for a place that looked inviting and comfortable. It was about 4:30 so it was nearly empty. It was happy hour and drinks most food was 1/2 off. Our waitress, Karen, was fantastic. Service was great. Food was deliscious. The crab dip was yummy. flank steak salad was perfect.Special Features:
- Great ExperienceOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 7/1/2014We had a great time at Firestone's! Our server was charming and the food was incredible! Can't wait to return!Special Features:
- Sorry, not worth it.DaveNBettyVIPDined on 6/26/2014The chef is obviously more impressed with his menu than we were. There was nothing notable about any of the food except that it was overpriced and underdone.
- Good LunchOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 6/24/2014Went for lunch. Just had a Chicken Spinach Salad, which was very good, so hard to judge the overall restaurant. My friend had the Pastrami sandwich, which looked awesome. Menu is very interesting; however, not very extensive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lunch all afternoon--not!CASSVIPDined on 6/20/2014Lunch was listed all through the afternoon so reservations were made for 3:30. Place empty,no hostess, sat at bar and had "pub grub". Why offer reservations all afternoon if you are offering such a limited menu and not the full lunch menu. This is a super restaurant with a good lunch and dinner menu but certainly not what I signed up for when making the reservations.Special Features:
- Foodies delightSophieSnowbirdDined on 6/15/2014The flavors and textures were amazing. The service was great. It was an all around exceptional.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- pleasurable!rusticeleganceDined on 6/15/2014very much enjoyed the pastrami sandwich, liked the layout and décor of the establishment, and the service was great. rustic elegance!Special Features:
- Welcoming and DeliciousOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/14/2014Our group of 6 was visiting from Missouri, Arkansas and Rhode Island and we were all impressed with the ambiance, the food and our delightful waitperson. While it's not inexpensive the quality of the food makes a visit to Firestone's well worthwhile.Special Features:
- Enjoyable Dining ExperiencePaulVIPDined on 6/7/2014We had dinner at Firestone's on a busy Saturday night in June. Our server was quick to greet us and did a wonderful job throughout our stay. We started with salads, including the field greens (good) and the Caesar (just okay). Our entrees were amazing. My dining companion ordered the duck, medium rare, which was flavorful and tender and far better than the same dish we tried a few weeks ago at Petit Louis in Columbia, MD. I had the seared scallops served with grits. Again, Firestone's kitchen outdid themselves, as both the scallops and grits were seasoned and cooked perfectly. The restaurant was extremely loud, but we'd been there before and knew that going in. Firestone's has remained consistently good for many years and we will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BlueiguanaDined on 5/31/2014We've been to Fireatone several times and loved it. However, this time the service was exceedingly slow and the food way over-salted almost to the point of being uneatable. Probably will go back and give them one more chance.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and serviceFrederickdinerDined on 5/31/2014Firestones is good for any occasion. Bring the family or just your best friend. Go for happy hour or an anniversary dinner. Order anything on the menu it is all good. The service is outstanding as the staff is proud of their work.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/24/2014The staff was very welcoming. They gave us a great table (I had asked for a special table for our anniversary). The waiter was very friendly and attentive. The sample tastings were nice. However our meals were underwhelming. My husband's chicken was dry and the potatoes were greasy. My fish was fine but didn't have much flavor. The overall experience was a "good."Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Probably would look elsewhereWhitemule70VIPDined on 5/23/2014The food was OK but not great. The place is loud. I'm guessing that there are better options in the area unless you are looking solely for a Friday afternoon happy hour scene.Special Features:
- Great EveningOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 5/17/2014Great food and great service. Our server, Alice was excellent. Always a great place to dine.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Elevating experience!buzzDined on 5/16/2014Quickly returned to this Frederick favorite for a second dinner while vacationing in Frederick last week. Fresh ingredients creatively prepared. Tuna tempura roll, big enough to share, but kept it for myself as an entree. Oysters! yes!Special Features:
- Jazz Brunch on Mother's DayRobertDined on 5/11/2014My girlfriend, her son and I had a great brunch on Mother's Day. The food and service were outstanding and the Jazz Band provided a great vibe (without being too loud). Would highly recommend Firestone's!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice Mother's Day BrunchThatsPhunnyDined on 5/11/2014A few years ago, I treated my mother to Mother's Day Dinner at Firestone's, so this time, I figured I would try the brunch option, since so many of my friends have raved about it. The food was absolutely delicious, and I do wish I could remember our server's name, as she was a delight. We booked our reservation for Sunday at 11 a.m., and although we do not drink, it is important to note, that it must be after 11 a.m. on a Sunday in order to purchase alcoholic beverages.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.