Fireside at Omni Berkshire
21 E. 52nd Street
New York, NY 10022Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Fireside at Omni Berkshire
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.omnihotels.com/FindAHotel/NewYorkOmniBerkshire/Dining.aspx
- Phone: (212) 754-5011
- Hours of Operation:
Mon-Fri: 6:30am – 10:30am
Sat-Sun: 7:00am – 11:00am
Mon-Sat: 11:30am – 2:30pm
Mon-Sat: 5:00pm – 10:00pm
**There is no dinner menu served on Sundays - only our bar menu.**
Mon-Fri: 2:30pm – 5:00pm
Sat: 11:00am – 5:00pm
Sun: 11:00am – 10:00pm
LATE NIGHT MENU
11:00 am-1:00am Daily
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Comfort Food, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Ron Ulczak
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Late Night, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Weekend Brunch, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Please contact Anna-Marta Visky for Fireside Special Events. We look forward to hosting your event.
- Private Party Contact: Anna-Marta Visky 2127545011
- Special Events: We would love to host your event. For more information, please call or email us at email@example.com.
A word from Fireside at Omni Berkshire
A restaurant and bar that puts a contemporary spin on comfort. Where the cuisine ignites a sense of adventure and the cocktails stir you.Continued
TRAVEL THE WORLD IN JUST ONE BITE! Stop in today to try our promotional "Simply Street Food" menu and explore the flavors throughout the world!
TRAVEL THE WORLD IN JUST ONE BITE! Stop in today to try our promotional "Simply Street Food" menu and explore the flavors throughout the world!
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Fireside at Omni Berkshire reviews from OpenTable diners
9 reviews since August 1, 2014
- Ambiance3.8Noise LevelModerate
good for groups (4)special occasion (3)fit for foodies (3)vibrant bar scene (3)hot spot (2)notable wine list (2)great for lunch (2)kid-friendly (1)late-night find (1)romantic (1)neighborhood gem (1)great for brunch (1)Show More
- JudeDined on 11/7/2014The food was good, not too busy the night we went. The only thing, was they were short on staff and our waiter took a long time to take our order.Special Features:
- Classic DependableNotsofastVIPDined on 10/21/2014Since I stay at the Omni regularly, I dine at Fireside fairly frequently. Food is always interesting and good - this is a great place for business meetings.Special Features:
- Before theater small bitesLivesinWaikikiDined on 10/3/2014My husband and I met my friend at the Fireside in the Omni Berkshire for just a few hours before we had to leave for the theater. We were treated so well and the small plates we ordered were delicious - it is up there in price but well worth it. We will go back again when we are in town next year.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- hotel dinnerDrRobinVIPDined on 8/7/2014Staying at the Omni Berkshire and just wanted to grab dinner without having to go to far. The menu is limited but covered the major food categories. The portion sizes were large. Especially enjoyed the caesar's salad.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 195 reviews are from the Fireside at Omni Berkshire reviews archive.
- Good food, nice selection.Pgh1117Dined on 7/27/2014Tasty, moderately priced food for NYC. The service could use a little work. I asked for a hotter cup of coffee and they returned with a coffee cup that had clearly been microwaved because the ceramic cup was very very hot. If you're going to have breakfast definitely get the buffet it has lots of selection and is high-quality. Generally the food as well prepared and tasty, overall good hotel restaurant.I would recommend this to a friend.
- SolidSteveVIPDined on 7/22/2014Expensive, but good food. Service was excellent and it was easy to chat because it is not too loud.Special Features:
- food is just so-soOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 7/16/2014The location is convenient and inside the restaurant is very nice. Unfortunately, I found the food to be so-so and overpriced for what it is. The BLT sandwich was mostly bread and really was subpar. The dessert sampling was just ok. There were small samples of red velvet cake, cheese cake and several other items. All were forgettable and were nothing special at all.
- Business lunchjadedDined on 7/8/2014This place has long served as my midtown "lunch club"Special Features:
- Smores are the highlightKristieVIPDined on 5/25/2014Be careful if you come here on a Sunday, they have a very very limited menu. The burger sliders are actually one burger cut into 4 and put on store bought potato rolls. The only thing really noteworthy here is the table smores, which you roast over a little fire pot at your table, very cute, but wouldn't come back just for that.
- A nice quiet mealTravel2EatVIPDined on 5/7/2014When we sat down and started talking the waiter just barged in to ask if we were ready to order.. Then when we needed him to take the order and at the end to pay, he was no where in sight... Good food but very very poor service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food, Great RestaurantNataliad01Dined on 4/17/2014The Fireside is a great restaurant for any occasion. I have been here a couple of times, and each time the service and the food has been incredible. The staff is very friendly and dedicated to giving the guest the best dining experience possible. The food was very good and arrived soon after it was ordered. The atmosphere was warm, inviting, and elegant. I will be returning to dine here very soon!Special Features:
- Excellent food, nice presentationOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 4/11/2014Excellent food, nice presentation and great service.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place for a nice lunch.RacingaroundtownDined on 4/4/2014Great place for a nice lunch. You can actually have a conversation with the people at the table and hear them! Food was delicious; the reviews I read about their fish tacos were right on point. Salads and sandwiches were also enjoyed by all. A cozy, intimate restaurant which I would highly recommend for lunch or dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Could be betterOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 3/23/2014I've dined at other Omni properties and was looking forward to having a good dining experience at the Omni Berkshire. At the Berkshire I experienced an unhappy server, dirty dishes and staff arguing on the dining floor. I ordered soup that tasted as if it had been microwaved. (the center of the dish was warm and the exterior cool) I requested a cocktail for brunch and when I noticed the server's perplexed look I began to tell him the cocktail's ingredients He cut me off and told me that the bartender would know. Five minutes later the server returned stating the bartender had never heard of the drink and wanted to know the ingredients.
- Fabulous Food and ServiceCherylVIPDined on 3/18/2014I try to visit Fireside on every trip to New York for drinks and appetizers. It's a great place to meet friends and the surf tacos are a must. The service is always amazing and I will continue to come back!
- Love this placeTTD5371VIPDined on 3/11/2014I have been coming to Fireside for over two years now and I look forward to every visit. The menu is so fantastic, not really sure where to begin, but I'll start with apps. Many times I have gone with friends for drinks and appetizers, the surf tacos are the BEST fish tacos I have ever had and I've plenty. Pizzas are incredible with whole wheat dough available. Salads are delicious and the two handed BLTA is awesome! You really cant go wrong at this place - but rumor has it that they are taking away Fireside (where there is no fire) and putting in another steak house - just what the neighborhood needs :( So get yourself over there ASAP and enjoy!Special Features:
- Low key and fantasticStellarBexDined on 2/28/2014Fireside is a great low key place. It feels hidden although it's connected to a hotel. The food was fantastic. Get the burger - it was the best I've ever had. Our waiter was delightful and brought us complimentary dessert.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Beware the BuffetCLB6VIPDined on 2/22/2014While the hotel attached to the restaurant was amazing (Omni Berkshire), the restaurant left something to be desired. If you do go for breakfast, be sure to order from the menu. My fiance and I paid for the $32 breakfast buffet (which comes to $40 after they include tax and tip), but it definitely left something to be desired. We arrived for our 10am seating to what looked like a great buffet. Once I investigated, the eggs were runny and the few pancakes that were left were hard and crunchy on the edges. The reason I say order from the menu is because when her omelet came out, it looked and tasted great! So word to the wise, avoid the buffet and order from the menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MediocreOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/14/2014Service wasn't the best, waiter didn't know the menu and wasn't very attentive. Food was mediocre at best. Over priced.
- Great last minute find!GregDined on 12/31/2013Excellent food and the waiter Thomas was great. Everyone loved what they ordered and the drinks were enjoyable. I would come here again in a heartbeat.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place for a special occasionFish4nlDined on 12/26/2013Went to dine for X-mas. Nice and friendly staff, the food was delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good breakfast buffet BUTChillEDogDined on 12/25/2013We went on Christmas day 2013 for breakfast buffet. Not out-of-this-world but the food was definitely better than the average buffet. Waiters took forever to bring water/coffee/juice. What was really astonishing is the automatic 18% gratuity that was added. There were 4 of us... And it was a buffet...
- Nice spur of the moment spot!DaleBVIPDined on 12/20/2013The menu is very healthy, creative, delicious, and the portions are just right. The waitstaff is always friendly. If you need a place that is midtown, quiet (you might not notice it because the entrance is on the street not off the avenue) and much more than a "cafe" table atmosphere then this is the place. The only thing that would make it (or keeps it from becoming a) a perfect business or a sophisticated dining experience is if they could successfully separate it from the lobby for more privacy. That's not a negative. It's just to let diners know what to expect from the physical spot. You're not immediately off the lobby but depending on where you sit you could be slightly aware of hotel guest traffic. It's not bad, just saying.
- kid's menuaNYCgalVIPDined on 12/19/2013Went to Radio City with the grandkids. Walked a few blocks east and happily was out of the tourist scene. Our table for 7 was being set. The room was filled with noisy holiday celebrants but we were able to talk and enjoy our meals. The room was really hopping. The prices are fair for mid town and the Childrens menu was a real plus. We ordered dessert and after a very long wait were told they had run out of chocolate and kindly offered to comp our new dessert orders. The staff was hardworking and very professional. The kitchen was a bit slow. My family was pleased with my choice. I will definitely go back.Special Features:
- A great find! Casual, cozyOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/15/2013A great find! Casual, cozy and so accommodating. We took our children here before the Radio City Christmas Show. Walkable from Grand Central, close to Rockefeller Center. Food was very good. Kid friendly menu. Yummy desserts. Wait staff was so attentive and kind.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Total packageLongislandgirlDined on 12/14/2013The food was delicious & priced within reason for NYC. Despite the restaurant offering a kids menu, it still had a mature, adult like atmosphere with romantic lighting and it made us all feel comfortable. Our kids are 11yrs old, (so they behave well). They were happy with the food - as were my hubby and I. The rice bowl and calamari were terrific. Only negative, the bar server seemed to be alone, (approx 7-8 tables at once) and he definately gave us decent service. We would've had another round of drinks, had he had the time to stop by more than 4 times in our visit, (take drink order ; Take dinner order; give us more water; & drop check). He was quite busy. OVERALL: We'd go there again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, Great AtmosphereSoonerFanDined on 12/4/2013We were looking for a place to go with our team of seven people. We are international, so wanted something that would appeal to a variety of tastes. We were able to reserve a room at the Fireside Grill quickly. They placed us in a semi-private room which was perfect. Excellent staff. Took our order with no notes and did not make a mistake. All the food was very good. I do recommend the Smores served over an actual 'fireside grill' (hot charcoals).Special Features:
- Great experienceClaireBDined on 11/23/2013We went as a group and took platters to share, everything was delicious for a reasonable price. The inside of the restaurant was very nice, and service was great. Central location.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect setting for business lunchDCvisitorDined on 11/6/2013Enjoyed a reasonably priced lunch (by New York City standards) in between business meetings in midtown. I would highly recommend -- all aspects were very good from food to setting to ability to conduct discussions with business colleagues.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great spotLSANYCDined on 9/9/2013The service at Fireside was very accommodating and they worked with us to make a group event successful. The food was delightful so make sure to order enough platters to satisfy your guests. Note: The platters are smaller than expected so you probably need at least 10 platters for about 25-30 guests.Special Features:
- Lunch palsTravellingmaxVIPDined on 8/12/2013We meet at the Fireside once a month for lunch. The food is always good. This past visit was feeling like the salmon salad and it had been removed from the menu. Had the Ceasar with chicken and it was an enjoyable meal.Special Features:
- decent food, formal atmosphereOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/8/2013I came here with a friend during restaurant week. The food wasn't all too impressive, and the seating was in the middle of a hotel lobby. It didn't feel like a restaurant, and its classy sophisticated nature had a calm atmosphere to it. No privacy, however, it being in the middle of a lobby and all. Waiters were mild-friendly because they knew we were college students.Special Features:
- Not a bad option for thoseJockWuVIPDined on 7/23/2013Not a bad option for those staying at the Omni and don't want to go far to find a bite. Of course, just beyond the hotel is Midtown Manhattan, with its plethora of choices. Food is odd mix of Mediterranean/Asian,but quite tasty if a little pricey. Ambience is typical modern hotel eatery style.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- was my first time here anddiningproVIPDined on 7/23/2013was my first time here and will DEFINITELY RETURN.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great setting, casual but elegantTrevDined on 7/11/2013Brought a customer there and we had a great early lunch (sat us at 11:45). Good atmosphere, casual. Molding décor a little odd, but very nice. Food was excellent. Definitely a bit pricey at $130 for four so be ready for that.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Breakfast meetingKateDined on 6/12/2013Ambience was great and food was very good, attentive service. Have had several client meetings here as well as social gatherings for breakfast and lunch.Special Features:
- Service let me down this time!OpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 6/4/2013I have been to Fireside many times (my company has a special deal). While the service is generally slow, this is something I am prepared to work around given the convenience, nice space and good food. This time the service was not only slow but rude and abrupt. One of my colleagues was offered "chicken soup" verbally by the waiter. When a server brought "tortilla soup" she said it was not for her, because she asked for "chicken soup". This led to a conflict between the server and the waiter in earshot of the whole table. A minute later, the waiter explained that the tortilla soup was in fact chicken soup. He left and then the server rudely dumped the soup back in front of my colleague announcing "tortilla soup".Special Features:
- Not so hotbeenthereVIPDined on 6/1/2013Be careful as reservations are subject to being cancelled without warning.
- Great Find!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/21/2013This place was absolutely outstanding. Food was tasty and service was on-point. Will definitely be back to visit Fireside again. The Surf Tacos were delicious!Special Features:
- less than ideal seating forJmmNycVIPDined on 4/5/2013less than ideal seating for a group of 5. bench seating with worn out cushioning was not appropriate for a business breakfast setting