1448 N. Wells St.
Chicago, IL 60610Neighborhood:
BarbecuePrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.fireplaceinn.com/
- Phone: 3126645264x
- Hours of Operation:
Mon - Wed: 11:30am - 12:00am
Thurs: 11:30am - 2:00am
Fri:11:30am - 2:00am
Sat:11:30am - 3:00am
Sun:11:30am - 12:00am
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, American, Barbecue
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Delivery, Full Bar, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, Wine
- Catering: Contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org to receive information for Catering
- Private Party Facilities: The Fireplace Inn has a semi-private balcony area which overlooks the main dining room that can accommodate groups of 35 people.
- Private Party Contact: Dani Feigenberg 3126645264x
- Special Events: Contact us at: Dani@fireplaceinn.com to receive information for Private Parties and Special Events
A word from Fireplace Inn
Located in Chicago's historic Old Town neighborhood, The Fireplace Inn has been known for serving the best barbecue in the city since 1969. Steaks, Seafood, Ribs, and Gourmet Burgers dishes line our new menu bringing a remarkable array of flavors to one of Chicago's favorite restaurants. With over 40 flat panel HD televisions, The Fireplace Inn provides an incredible atmosphere to see all of your favorite sporting events. Conveniently situated in the heart of the world famous Chicago comedy district, The Fireplace Inn is also the perfect place to dine before or after a show. Special pricing on private party packages is also available. For more information please inquire within."Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Fireplace Inn reviews from OpenTable diners
24 reviews since May 25, 2014
- Ambiance3.2Noise LevelModerate
great for outdoor dining (13)neighborhood gem (12)good for groups (8)vibrant bar scene (7)great for lunch (4)kid-friendly (2)great for brunch (2)late-night find (1)hot spot (1)Show More
- still good!BillDined on 8/23/2014ribs are still as good as ever. great place to enjoy an outdoor mealSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- a tad disappointeditswindytodayDined on 8/15/2014I have been to the fireplace a couple of times in the past and have always been really really pleased. This time however, the service was slow, and my wifes meal was uncooked. It was busy but not ridiculous, and there was really no excuse for the mistake. the manager made a bit of attempt at fixing things but he came up short.I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Travel DestinationTOLReviewerDined on 8/1/2014When we visit Chicago, we generally make The Fireplace Inn our Friday evening dinner destination. The food is good, but it's all about the atmosphere and the flavor of Old Town and the neighborhood. Known for their ribs, it's probably the best place in this area for tasty bar-b-que. This time we tried the steak. The flavor was wonderful, but it was really thin - a surprise. Still - a good place to try.Special Features:
- Hangry.OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 7/24/2014Our experience at Fireplace Inn was one of the worst I've had at a bar/restaurant. It took over an hour for our food to come out. Ridiculous. When it came time to get the check, our server was MIA. When we finally were able to grab his attention he was very apologetic and said he'd 'hook us up' on the bill. It turns out that 'hook us up' only meant free shots which we had no interest in because we just wanted to get out of there. When I asked to speak to a manager, it took another 15-20 minutes for him to come to our table and when he finally showed, he just presented a bill that was discounted 20% off FOOD ONLY. This saved us a whopping $2 per person. Will not be going back.Special Features:
- wellsstreetfanDined on 7/16/2014The Fireplace Inn is to be avoided. We were so disappointed that we left after one drink. The patio was physically awful: literally a large warped wooden platform. One of us sat way up hill and the other down. The wine was not good quality. The waitress was a mistress of disappearance. Fireplace is for drunken kids who don't know any better. One-half star rating.
- Was not what we expectedOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/10/2014We reserved a table for a friends birthday before heading over to 2nd City. The location was perfect but I was more than disappointed that I was told our reservations didn't work for outside seating even though I soecified that in the reservation. We then went to find a table outside only to find a sign on one that indicated "reserved". The food was good but our service was sub-par.
- Fireplace Inn before Second CityOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/30/2014My wife and I had dinner with another couple before we went to Second City for their evening show. The restaurant was extremely friendly and the service was great. Menu is traditional with ribs, burgers and nice entrees as well as some nice healthy options. Nice wine list and a particularly good listing of beers, both draft and bottles. We ate outside and simply had a pleasant dinner. The servers were great about making sure we were finished in plenty of time to get to the Second City show just a few minute walk away.Special Features:
- Love Fireplace!JewelsDined on 6/1/2014Great service even during a Hawks playoff game when the place was crazy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- service was good. food was so-soEmilyDined on 5/31/2014We went based on a recommendation from a friend and were disappointed by the ribs. Sauce was overly sweet. Service was good though and it would be a great place for drinks and snacks.
- The following 289 reviews are from the Fireplace Inn reviews archive.
- EhOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 5/23/2014My husband and I really love BBQ and were intrigued by the Fireplace Inn's "famous BBQ sauce". Sadly it turned out to be some sort of ketchup, which was a huge dissapointment. The place is adorable and the drinks weren't bad, but the food was a huge waste. Also friend chicken takes 40 minutes to make! It would be helpful if they said that on the menu. We weren't in a huge hurry but were hungry and definitely had to change our order when we were told it would take that long to get food.Special Features:
- Great for LunchmelraesantaDined on 5/18/2014Great for watching the Hawks game because there were so many TV's. Been here before, and it's always a good experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good BBQOpenTable Diner Since 2002Dined on 5/10/2014We were seated right away but waited about 10 minutes for our server and then another 15 minutes for our drinks. The slow service was not the server's fault. The restaurant was completely understaffed. The weather was beautiful and the patio was open and our server had tables inside and outside and it was just too much for one person to handle. The food took a really long time to arrive and then my dinner was wrong. Luckily, the server fixed the mistake and the correct entrée was out within 5-10 minutes. I thought it was very nice that the server bought my husband and I a round of drinks to make up for the mistake. The ribs and chicken were great, but I thought the cottage fries were only fair.
- A good Burger spot2tasty2passupDined on 4/30/2014Service was awesome but food was nothing to talk aboutSpecial Features:
- Great spotOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 4/26/2014Great food, good service. Took family there for dinner had friendly service and outstanding BBQ.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ribsmothersdayDined on 4/26/2014Hadn't been here in years and pleased to find that the ribs are as outstanding as ever.Special Features:
- Great FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/21/2014Food was outstanding, great bbq !!! Lots of TV's great for watching Cubs, Blackhawks games.Special Features:
- Great place to eatThedom41Dined on 4/16/2014My wife and I often meet friends who live in Old Town there. The atmosphere is fun and the food good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Close to Old Town and theOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 4/3/2014Close to Old Town and the Comedy Clubs. Bad Parking better to cab it. ~PatSpecial Features:
- Depends on what you're looking for.foodieDined on 3/23/2014I wouldn't classify the upstairs as a restaurant, as the website led us to believe. it's an extension of the bar. This is pretty critical depending on the kind of dining experience you're seeking. Our servers were very attentive and friendly. The small loft area had at least 5 televisions blaring plus music on top of that. We couldn't hear each other speak. The chicken, steak and baked potato were over-cooked but very flavorful. This would be a very fun place to hang with old friends, but I wouldn't recommended it for family or anyone looking for real conversation.Special Features:
- Used to be a very good restaurantCattlemanDined on 3/22/2014Used to be a very good restaurant when we lived in the neighborhood 35 year. It was a favorite. Now it's a sports bar that's designed for drinking. Food is secondary. If your over 30 you will find it too loud and crowded to enjoy dinner. We were there on a Friday for an early dinner. Maybe weekdays are better?Special Features:
- Good go to spotBellatrixxVIPDined on 3/1/2014Been here on 2 different occasions. The food is good service is great!!! Just a great neighborhood bar w better than average bar food!!! Never have had a bad meal!!!I would recommend this to a friend.
- Had a great time here withkristenDined on 3/1/2014Had a great time here with friends for a birthday outing! The menu is very large and the food was good. They even took requests about where we wanted to sit and came out with cheesecake for our birthday boy!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- good but crowdedcheezynonkVIPDined on 2/28/2014Food was good, table sucked, bumped every time someone needed the bathroom. Popularity is a burden because clearly more space is neededSpecial Features:
- Great Old Town Sports BarVickiVIPDined on 2/22/2014Fun neighborhood sports bar, good food, great atmosphere, and reasonably priced. Second floor has private space perfect for groups, birthday celebrationsSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Second best day9yrsdeepDined on 2/14/2014The first time I came to the Fireside Inn it was to ask my wife to marry me. This time w came to celebrate that anniversary. The staff there are fantastic, the food is really good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just a good place to watchBellatrixxVIPDined on 2/8/2014Just a good place to watch a game and have good bar food. Not the typical greasy menu. A variety of dishes !! Definetly will be back!I would recommend this to a friend.
- YukSumfunVIPDined on 2/8/2014After reading the reviews we thought we would give this place a try. I am not sure where everyone else is eating, but the food was really bad. Even the onion rings tasted like nothing but grease. We had a variety of food and nothing was good. Server was nice and the place was fine- food was horrible!
- Great food, but very loud.OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 1/11/2014Food was wonderful, but it was so loud you could hardly hear the person you came to dinner with. Not good for a date night, but seemed good for groups of people or for a night out with friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great neighborhood bar withOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 12/29/2013Great neighborhood bar with a super energetic atmosphere, very affordable overall & very good food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FiresideMicheleDined on 12/27/2013Good food, good service, convenient location for comedy clubs!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- When All Else Fails - FireplaceDomReviewVIPDined on 12/5/2013I have been to Fireplace probably 20 times and will continue to go back. Great environment, great food, and amazing in the summer to sit outside and be in the middle of all of the action. MUST GO on Thursdays and get the 1/2 off Vodka lemonades, probably one of the best deals in Chicago and definitely their claim to fame.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Place was too cold. Sat usOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 11/23/2013Place was too cold. Sat us by a door and was very drafty. Waitress made minimal visits to our table. Not overly excited about the food. Will not go back and will not recommend. Will tell people not to eat there.
- Way too noisy for me...CarrieDined on 11/16/2013I lived in old town from 2004-2006 and USED TO love dining at Fireplace Inn. I was extremely disappointed upon my visit there in November (2013). There is no longer a restaurant/dining room area since their recent renovation. It seems as though they moved what used to be the heated outdoor bar area inside, replacing pretty much every aspect of what used to be a cozy, quiet dining room. It was almost impossible to carry on a conversation during this particular visit to Fireplace Inn. Had I known the above-mentioned, I would have made a special request for upstairs seating upon having made a reservation for 2.Special Features:
- This is a bar, not a restaurantShouldbetakenoffopentableDined on 10/5/2013I can't believe you can actually make reservations on open table to eat at a bar. There are maybe 4 low tables that get served and you are sitting right in the bar section. People are bumping into you and the servers can't get through. It was actually a decent bar scene but not for dining. I feel mis-led on what we were getting that night. And on top of it, the food was not that good.
- We made a reservation afterssfritzDined on 9/28/2013We made a reservation after a show and showed up early. They were very accomodating and we were able to obtain service prior to our reservation. The service was good and the food and serving sizes excellent. Overall a very good experienceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 9/13/2013DanoverVIPDined on 9/13/2013Had not been to the Fireplace in years. It was not bad but was definitely not what I remember. The crowd was too young and it was way too noisy for me.Special Features:
- Did Not Honor ReservationOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/1/2013I made a reservation through Open Table but when I arrived, I was told that they were full and I would have to wait 20 minutes. I asked to speak to the Manager and it took him 10 minutes to show up. I asked him what the point was of taking reservations if they weren't going to honor them. He had no response! Finally got a seat outdoors. Food was good so it was unfortunate that management was lacking.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The ribs used to be memorable,HibachoVIPDined on 8/22/2013The ribs used to be memorable, but this last visit did not impress.
- Thumbs upOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/17/2013Very busy place. They were very timely on reservation time. Had outdoor bar and dinning that was hopping. Food very good, ribs amazing. Service excellent. Noisy, hard to have good conversation. If this is an issue for you it is not the place for you.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We recently celebrated ourpkandjerDined on 8/3/2013We recently celebrated our 45th wedding anniversary at the Fireplace Inn. We got engaged in 1967 before the new owners. Everyone was really friendly, and thank you Megan for the tip on the walk back and to General Manager for the special drink. We'll hopefully be back for our 50th....Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.