1594 2nd Avenue
New York, NY 10028Neighborhood:
Upper East Side
ItalianPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.firenzeny.com/
- Phone: 2128619368
- Hours of Operation:
Hours: Sunday - Wednesday: 12:00pm - 11:15pm, Thursday - Saturday: 12:00pm - 12:00am.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Caesar Mandelli
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Beer, Cafe, Delivery, Full Bar, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Contact Emanuele
- Private Party Contact: Manuel or Alfredo 2128619368
A word from Firenze
A romantic, warm, inviting candlelit setting with an elaborate wine list and outdoor seating.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerRomantic
Firenze - Best Restaurants in Upper East Side ›
Firenze reviews from OpenTable diners
28 reviews since June 25, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
romantic (14)neighborhood gem (14)fit for foodies (5)notable wine list (3)special occasion (3)great for lunch (1)Show More
- Quaint and romanticMargrfedDined on 10/11/2014Very romantic. Attentive service, and great food. Highly recommend!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- excellentjabba3852Dined on 7/27/2014Food was amazing, service was exceptional and the prices are very cheap considering the quality.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 7/20/2014Portions were small, broccoli rabe almost inedible. They were nice enough to offer Limoncello after our meal but it tasted nothing like any limoncello I had ever had. Pretty spot but the food so so.
- Always a pleasurendkristinDined on 7/3/2014We used to live around the corner and Firenze was our usual date spot. It's cozy, romantic, tasty and moderately priced. We moved in 2012 and decided to return on our last trip to NYC. The focaccia was still delicious, the atmosphere still cozy (I'm still shocked the place wasn't filled), we had a wonderful wine and my special (dover sole) was cooked to perfection and filleted table side by the maitre d. The servers speak Italian pleasantries (enjoy, etc.) - an nice touch. The gratis homemade limoncello was, as always, delicious & appreciated. Finally, when it started pouring, the host grabbed an umbrella and walked an older couple (celebrating their anniversary) home in the rain. The little extra touches make this place so special.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 6/27/2014Romantic place, great service but disappointing food.Special Features:
- The following 285 reviews are from the Firenze reviews archive.
- Attention to DetailsOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 6/21/2014Good Service but small portions for the price. Better details on presenting the food. Missing item and a wet soggy bread is not ideal.I would recommend this to a friend.
- HerbwymVIPDined on 6/12/2014Glad to renew old acquaintance with the superb Firenze, which remains a garden spot even amidst the subway constructionSpecial Features:
- Really nice placeNYCFoodie603Dined on 5/28/2014Really beautiful place. My fiancée and I went here for a special date and we loved the atmosphere, the service and the food. Plus, the prices were reasonable. I recommend the ribolitta and also the flaming berry dessert is outstanding. We'll definitely be returning.Special Features:
- Quaint ResturantBuddym123Dined on 5/23/2014Food and service were more than just good. Bathroom on same floor which is alway good for the ladies. An after dinner drink was offered and excepted. Nice touch.Special Features:
- FirenzeNewYorkerDined on 5/11/2014Quiet, intimate, cozy atmosphere; great specials; great service; good value for price.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PleasureHenriDined on 5/6/2014Just a pleasure to dine here in every way: food, atmosphere, service.Special Features:
- DB2468VIPDined on 4/29/2014Makes you feel like you are in Italy. Place is very intimate rustic and romantic. Service was great from everyone. Lighting is dim and they have light up menus which was a great idea. Pasta was also on point!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- True to its nameKateVIPDined on 4/20/2014Wonderful Tuscan food in a small candle lit restaurant. We had carpaccio and the eggplant flan. Both delicious. Then we shared the risotto. Perfect. The couple next to us had huge portions of salmon that looked terrific. Service was friendly. A great feast to end our week in NY.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- As usual, they outdid themselvesOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 4/12/2014As usual, they outdid themselves at Firenze! Even when we had to postpone the reservation for a half hour (til 8:30), they were fine and save our table. They feature personal attention, great choices, excellent specials and tasty food all around. It's just a great place to go and with Divino closing, it's one of the 2 best.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OMG SO ROMANTICTheHunterWifeDined on 4/5/2014This place will not disappoint. The food, ambiance, EVERYTHING was amazing. GO GO GO to this place. My hsband and I had a wonderful date night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- old worldItalianloverVIPDined on 4/5/2014These guys get it right. The place is small but they work hard to keep it so intimate. The food is very good and the specials change and are well worth it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice weeknight dinnerskeuosDined on 3/27/2014Dined here after picking up a deal on another website. Food was decent; my veal was a little dry but had good flavor. My wife's pasta was very good but fell a bit short of outstanding. Service was attentive and the atmosphere was very nice. Hard to believe we were so close to the 2nd Ave subway construction. We'd consider going back, but probably only with another deal.Special Features:
- Good local diningJessVIPDined on 3/25/2014A warm and welcoming place, with good tasting food. Service very good. Pretty and reasonably pricedSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MediocreJoanVIPDined on 3/7/2014Strange environment, so dark that the menus have electronic back lighting. Small tables crowded closely each with a tall candle wilting the table flowers. Pleasant minestrone, Shrimp with gooey cheese covering with a few vegetables.
- Exceptional!EJH1VIPDined on 2/18/2014Firenze is an Italian gem on the Upper East Side. The service is amazing, the owner is extremely personable, the food is fantastic and if they don't have on the menu what you're looking for, you can order whatever you want. Truly an Exceptional dining experience.Special Features:
- Definitely would come back for morePLHinMadisonDined on 2/15/2014We got there for reservations at 6:30 and the place was empty, which worried me, but it turned out we were just ahead of the dinner crowd. By the time we left it was relatively full - although it's a very small restaurant, and can start to get a little cramped. Wait staff was very polite and did a nice job. The atmosphere was dark - in a good way, lots of candlelight and definitely a good place for a quiet romantic dinner. They had auto-lit menus which were a FANTASTIC feature - I always hate not being able to read a menu in a dark place, although I'm sure my date thought I looked menacing with the light shining up under my chin. The bread was average, but the pasta was very tasty. Plenty of options on the menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice, very nicewocaplelVIPDined on 2/2/2014We like to eat here. The food and service are very good. We had no problem ordering off the menu, which was the case on our last visit. Prices are fair for the area. We will continue to eat here.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- JUST OK!ROBERTVIPDined on 1/28/2014WHILE HE AMBIANCE WAS LOVELY AND TH SERVICE WAS WARM AND WELCOMING, THE QUALITY OF THE FOOD WAS MODEST. FLAVORS WERE DULL AND MONOCHROMATIC. I WOULD NOT GO THERE AGAIN.
- Great findkchefDined on 1/26/2014What a wonderful,charming surprise on the upper East Side! We felt like we were in Italy. The food was delicious and enjoyed by all 3 of us. Outstanding special was the filet wrapped in bacon in a wine-reduction sauce. We can't wait to return and try more dishes.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- True Authentic Italian ExperienceShushkaVIPDined on 1/25/2014This is a small little restaurant that offers an amazing true authentic Italian experience down to the service and food. We had a reservation at 7pm and the place was not full. However, by the time we left there was a huge weight outside, and we could tell the staff wanted our table. I will definitely be back, but I will make an earlier reservation so we are not rushed out.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- This is our go to restaurantAngelVIPDined on 1/25/2014This is our go to restaurant in the neighborhood. The food is consistently good and the service is great.Special Features:
- cozy, delicious, friendlylkshDined on 1/16/2014v good food and friendly atmosphere makes this restaurant a neighborhood gemSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Place with a PersonalityOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 1/11/2014This is a very different kind of place. European, quiet, attentive, appealing to all age groups. Really pleasant, well paced evening.Special Features:
- Nice dinner until the endLauraVIPDined on 1/11/2014My husband and I ate here this past Saturday night. Despite having to tune out the very loud patron next to us, we were enjoying a very nice evening until it was time for dessert. The waiter recited the desserts, we said we would like dessert and coffee but please give us a minute to decide. He replied that they needed our table and we had to decide now. His response was something we have never experienced before in dining out, which we do 2 times a week. We had arrived on time for our 7pm reservation and now it was 8:20. Not actually hours taking up a table! I can understand when it is a holiday and they have scheduled seating you are aware of before hand, but this was inexcusable. Needless to say, we will not return.
- Still Perfect!willyvDined on 12/27/2013We first visited this restaurant years ago on a recommendation, went a couple of times over a couple of years. Hadn't been there in several years, but our experience this week was as good as we remembered it to be! Food is done perfect, service impeccable! With a relative living in the city now we look forward to more trips to this fine restaurant!Special Features:
- A pleasant surprise!LoriDined on 12/24/2013My fiancé and I booked this restaurant for our Christmas Eve dinner while we we're visiting NYC. We loved the small, cozy and quiet atmosphere that Firenze offered. Our waiter was attentive to whatever we needed but wasn't overbearing. The menu had so many great options and the portion sizes were perfect for each of us. I would absolutely recommend dining here any time for any occasion!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- quietmanacapuruVIPDined on 12/21/2013A lovely little italian place stuck in the corner behind all the construction. Certainly worth looking for though.Special Features:
- Wonderful, dependable neighborhoodYanceyVIPDined on 11/19/2013Wonderful, dependable neighborhood Italian with a great deal of charmSpecial Features:
- Tables are too crowded. Noisy.P2P2VIPDined on 11/16/2013Tables are too crowded. Noisy. Table and chairs constantly being bumped into by wait staff and other diners. Food is good. Uncomfortable, noisy place to eat.
- CozySrg1VIPDined on 11/15/2013The place is smaller than it looks from the street but that makes it very 'cozy'. The service was great. The waitstaff actually makes you feel like they are enjoying their jobs and are happy to be there and help you. What a pleasure! The mozzarella appetizer is good but the Caesar salad was just ok. The pasta with 4 cheeses was great but the Chilean Sea Bass was just okay. But the service and ambiance made up for the food that was decent. I would definitely go back because the experience was so enjoyable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Favorite Italian Spot on the UESLwhrittyVIPDined on 10/12/2013Hands down, my favorite Italian spot on the UES. Firenze is quaint and cozy, with delicious food and impeccable service!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We were looking for a restaurantcentsibledinnerVIPDined on 10/11/2013We were looking for a restaurant that had ambiance, good food and affordable, and we were NOT disappointed at all. You could easily have thought you were dining in Florence just like the name of the restaurant says. We were a party of 6 and the staff was amazing asking us if we preferred a round or long table. Clearly they care about your dining experience from food and lighted menus to atmosphere and everything in between. We came home and immediately told friends. We look forward to returning next time we dine on the UES.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- An Enchanting Italian ExperienceLindaVVIPDined on 9/30/2013I love taking friends to this restaurant as it always pleases; whether it's the romantic interior, the menus that light up in the dark, the wine list on the iPad, the extremely pleasant staff or the enticing food choices and specials, everyone is delighted. A true feeling of being in Florence itself.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious dinner presentedSherryVIPDined on 9/10/2013Delicious dinner presented nicely in a very romantic setting.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FOOD WAS GREAT AMBIENCE WASOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/4/2013FOOD WAS GREAT AMBIENCE WAS GOOD(CANDLE LITE WITH LOW LIGHTS SERVICE WAS GOOD AND ITS A PLACE THAT I WOULD REVISIT I THE PINZIMONIO DI GAMBERI IT WAS DELICIOUS MY WIFE HAD THE PAPPARDELLE BOSCAIOLA I HAPPENED TO TASTE HER DINNER AND IT WAS ALSO GOOD ITS A NICE PLACE .Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.