1594 2nd Avenue
New York, NY 10028Neighborhood:
Upper East Side
ItalianPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.firenzeny.com/
- Phone: (212) 861-9368
- Hours of Operation:
Hours: Sunday - Wednesday: 12:00pm - 11:15pm, Thursday - Saturday: 12:00pm - 12:00am.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Caesar Mandelli
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Beer, Cafe, Delivery, Full Bar, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Contact Emanuele
- Private Party Contact: Manuel or Alfredo 2128619368
A word from Firenze
A romantic, warm, inviting candlelit setting with an elaborate wine list and outdoor seating.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Firenze reviews from OpenTable diners
- Veal ValdostanoJuv3001VIPDined on 11/9/2014The best in the city! It is hard to go there and not order this delicious gooey veal dish that blows away any other in NYC. Service is very attentive! Food is always delicious and the candlelight adds another dimension to this cozy restaurant.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 11/5/2014Excellent neighborhood Italian with reasonable prices. Varied menu and all dishes uniformaly tasty and well-prepared. Service very good without being intrusive.Special Features:
- Reviews better that realitymt9livesVIPDined on 11/1/2014Very nice atmosphere Service very so so took way too long for our order Food was ok not greatSpecial Features:
- Very disappointingOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 11/1/2014I phoned to request a 7:30 reservation for 4 and was told nothing available until 8:00. Then I checked Open Table and booked for 7:30. When I called to cancel the 8:00 reservation the same person said he saw my 7:30 OT booking, now problem. The maitre d' took us to a too small table, in the aisle, squeezed too close to the adjacent one. I asked for a table in the back and he said none were available. Five minutes later a foursome arrived and was given a table in the rear. Our dinners ranged from mediocre to inedible, including the specials. A basket with one stale slice of bread arrived that had obviously been taken from another table. When I pointed this out the waiter just shrugged. The restaurant is pretty but unpleasant.
- Coolmom629Coolmom629Dined on 10/25/2014Firenzi has become a special occasion restaurant for us as my husband and I celebrated our engagement there last year and felt it was so wonderful that we vowed to come back every year around the same time of year. We were just there this past Saturday night and it was an overall fantastic experience. However, both last year and this year we had to be asked for our table to be moved which they accommodated both times. The restaurant is cozy and romantic and we were rather surprised that we were seated next to a large group with three very loud young children. I don't know why the family with the young children opted for this restaurant but this was a potential "spoiler". After we were moved it was a beautiful evening!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Quaint and romanticMargrfedDined on 10/11/2014Very romantic. Attentive service, and great food. Highly recommend!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- excellentjabba3852Dined on 7/27/2014Food was amazing, service was exceptional and the prices are very cheap considering the quality.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 7/20/2014Portions were small, broccoli rabe almost inedible. They were nice enough to offer Limoncello after our meal but it tasted nothing like any limoncello I had ever had. Pretty spot but the food so so.
- Always a pleasurendkristinDined on 7/3/2014We used to live around the corner and Firenze was our usual date spot. It's cozy, romantic, tasty and moderately priced. We moved in 2012 and decided to return on our last trip to NYC. The focaccia was still delicious, the atmosphere still cozy (I'm still shocked the place wasn't filled), we had a wonderful wine and my special (dover sole) was cooked to perfection and filleted table side by the maitre d. The servers speak Italian pleasantries (enjoy, etc.) - an nice touch. The gratis homemade limoncello was, as always, delicious & appreciated. Finally, when it started pouring, the host grabbed an umbrella and walked an older couple (celebrating their anniversary) home in the rain. The little extra touches make this place so special.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 6/27/2014Romantic place, great service but disappointing food.Special Features:
- Attention to DetailsOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 6/21/2014Good Service but small portions for the price. Better details on presenting the food. Missing item and a wet soggy bread is not ideal.I would recommend this to a friend.
- HerbwymVIPDined on 6/12/2014Glad to renew old acquaintance with the superb Firenze, which remains a garden spot even amidst the subway constructionSpecial Features:
- Really nice placeNYCFoodie603Dined on 5/28/2014Really beautiful place. My fiancée and I went here for a special date and we loved the atmosphere, the service and the food. Plus, the prices were reasonable. I recommend the ribolitta and also the flaming berry dessert is outstanding. We'll definitely be returning.Special Features:
- Quaint ResturantBuddym123Dined on 5/23/2014Food and service were more than just good. Bathroom on same floor which is alway good for the ladies. An after dinner drink was offered and excepted. Nice touch.Special Features:
- Nice hidden gemDanthedinerVIPDined on 5/17/2014Don't let the small, quaint size fool you, this restaurant is surely a gem. A nice, adorable decor/atmosphere, with equally great food, well prepared, fresh and of course delicious! Service is also great. A nice find in the upper east side restaurant scene. It is easy to pass it by on the street, however word of mouth seems to be spreading, so reservation might be recommend, or you will wait for a table! Overall, a must-do Italian restaurant with world-class Florentine cuisine! Don't miss this one!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FirenzeNewYorkerDined on 5/11/2014Quiet, intimate, cozy atmosphere; great specials; great service; good value for price.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PleasureHenriDined on 5/6/2014Just a pleasure to dine here in every way: food, atmosphere, service.Special Features:
- DB2468VIPDined on 4/29/2014Makes you feel like you are in Italy. Place is very intimate rustic and romantic. Service was great from everyone. Lighting is dim and they have light up menus which was a great idea. Pasta was also on point!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- True to its nameKateVIPDined on 4/20/2014Wonderful Tuscan food in a small candle lit restaurant. We had carpaccio and the eggplant flan. Both delicious. Then we shared the risotto. Perfect. The couple next to us had huge portions of salmon that looked terrific. Service was friendly. A great feast to end our week in NY.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- As usual, they outdid themselvesOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 4/12/2014As usual, they outdid themselves at Firenze! Even when we had to postpone the reservation for a half hour (til 8:30), they were fine and save our table. They feature personal attention, great choices, excellent specials and tasty food all around. It's just a great place to go and with Divino closing, it's one of the 2 best.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OMG SO ROMANTICTheHunterWifeDined on 4/5/2014This place will not disappoint. The food, ambiance, EVERYTHING was amazing. GO GO GO to this place. My hsband and I had a wonderful date night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- old worldItalianloverVIPDined on 4/5/2014These guys get it right. The place is small but they work hard to keep it so intimate. The food is very good and the specials change and are well worth it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice weeknight dinnerskeuosDined on 3/27/2014Dined here after picking up a deal on another website. Food was decent; my veal was a little dry but had good flavor. My wife's pasta was very good but fell a bit short of outstanding. Service was attentive and the atmosphere was very nice. Hard to believe we were so close to the 2nd Ave subway construction. We'd consider going back, but probably only with another deal.Special Features:
- Good local diningJessVIPDined on 3/25/2014A warm and welcoming place, with good tasting food. Service very good. Pretty and reasonably pricedSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MediocreJoanVIPDined on 3/7/2014Strange environment, so dark that the menus have electronic back lighting. Small tables crowded closely each with a tall candle wilting the table flowers. Pleasant minestrone, Shrimp with gooey cheese covering with a few vegetables.
- Exceptional!EJH1VIPDined on 2/18/2014Firenze is an Italian gem on the Upper East Side. The service is amazing, the owner is extremely personable, the food is fantastic and if they don't have on the menu what you're looking for, you can order whatever you want. Truly an Exceptional dining experience.Special Features:
- Definitely would come back for morePLHinMadisonDined on 2/15/2014We got there for reservations at 6:30 and the place was empty, which worried me, but it turned out we were just ahead of the dinner crowd. By the time we left it was relatively full - although it's a very small restaurant, and can start to get a little cramped. Wait staff was very polite and did a nice job. The atmosphere was dark - in a good way, lots of candlelight and definitely a good place for a quiet romantic dinner. They had auto-lit menus which were a FANTASTIC feature - I always hate not being able to read a menu in a dark place, although I'm sure my date thought I looked menacing with the light shining up under my chin. The bread was average, but the pasta was very tasty. Plenty of options on the menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice, very nicewocaplelVIPDined on 2/2/2014We like to eat here. The food and service are very good. We had no problem ordering off the menu, which was the case on our last visit. Prices are fair for the area. We will continue to eat here.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- JUST OK!ROBERTVIPDined on 1/28/2014WHILE HE AMBIANCE WAS LOVELY AND TH SERVICE WAS WARM AND WELCOMING, THE QUALITY OF THE FOOD WAS MODEST. FLAVORS WERE DULL AND MONOCHROMATIC. I WOULD NOT GO THERE AGAIN.
- Great findkchefDined on 1/26/2014What a wonderful,charming surprise on the upper East Side! We felt like we were in Italy. The food was delicious and enjoyed by all 3 of us. Outstanding special was the filet wrapped in bacon in a wine-reduction sauce. We can't wait to return and try more dishes.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- True Authentic Italian ExperienceShushkaVIPDined on 1/25/2014This is a small little restaurant that offers an amazing true authentic Italian experience down to the service and food. We had a reservation at 7pm and the place was not full. However, by the time we left there was a huge weight outside, and we could tell the staff wanted our table. I will definitely be back, but I will make an earlier reservation so we are not rushed out.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- This is our go to restaurantAngelVIPDined on 1/25/2014This is our go to restaurant in the neighborhood. The food is consistently good and the service is great.Special Features:
- cozy, delicious, friendlylkshDined on 1/16/2014v good food and friendly atmosphere makes this restaurant a neighborhood gemSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Place with a PersonalityOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 1/11/2014This is a very different kind of place. European, quiet, attentive, appealing to all age groups. Really pleasant, well paced evening.Special Features:
- Nice dinner until the endLauraVIPDined on 1/11/2014My husband and I ate here this past Saturday night. Despite having to tune out the very loud patron next to us, we were enjoying a very nice evening until it was time for dessert. The waiter recited the desserts, we said we would like dessert and coffee but please give us a minute to decide. He replied that they needed our table and we had to decide now. His response was something we have never experienced before in dining out, which we do 2 times a week. We had arrived on time for our 7pm reservation and now it was 8:20. Not actually hours taking up a table! I can understand when it is a holiday and they have scheduled seating you are aware of before hand, but this was inexcusable. Needless to say, we will not return.
- Still Perfect!willyvDined on 12/27/2013We first visited this restaurant years ago on a recommendation, went a couple of times over a couple of years. Hadn't been there in several years, but our experience this week was as good as we remembered it to be! Food is done perfect, service impeccable! With a relative living in the city now we look forward to more trips to this fine restaurant!Special Features:
- A pleasant surprise!LoriDined on 12/24/2013My fiancé and I booked this restaurant for our Christmas Eve dinner while we we're visiting NYC. We loved the small, cozy and quiet atmosphere that Firenze offered. Our waiter was attentive to whatever we needed but wasn't overbearing. The menu had so many great options and the portion sizes were perfect for each of us. I would absolutely recommend dining here any time for any occasion!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- quietmanacapuruVIPDined on 12/21/2013A lovely little italian place stuck in the corner behind all the construction. Certainly worth looking for though.Special Features:
- Wonderful, dependable neighborhoodYanceyVIPDined on 11/19/2013Wonderful, dependable neighborhood Italian with a great deal of charmSpecial Features:
- Tables are too crowded. Noisy.P2P2VIPDined on 11/16/2013Tables are too crowded. Noisy. Table and chairs constantly being bumped into by wait staff and other diners. Food is good. Uncomfortable, noisy place to eat.