6025 Peachtree Parkway #9
Norcross, GA 30092Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.thorntreerestaurant.com/index.html
- Phone: 7708178733x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:00am - 2:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm CLOSED Sunday
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Edward Schue
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Area, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Firenze Ristorante
When You’re in the mood for Great Italian Food come to Firenze! We have the most authenic and freshest Italian Cuisine where the Menu Will hold its own against the most popular Establishments in the Country. Our homemade Pastas, Breads, Sauces and Desserts are what sets us apart from the rest! Gluten Free options are availableContinued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerSpecial Occasion
Firenze Ristorante - Best Restaurants in Norcross ›
Firenze Ristorante reviews from OpenTable diners
18 reviews since May 21, 2014
- Ambiance3.6Noise LevelQuiet
special occasion (7)neighborhood gem (7)romantic (5)fit for foodies (4)late-night find (2)notable wine list (2)great for outdoor dining (2)good for groups (2)great for brunch (1)great for lunch (1)kid-friendly (1)Show More
- CJOBDined on 8/16/2014The food and service were extraordinary. Lobster was fresh and steak melted in my mouth.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Better than expectedLuvnewspotsVIPDined on 8/9/2014My family and I visited this restaurant on Saturday. We have driven by it for years. We had a groupon and decided to try it out. The food was exceptional. I kept it simple with spaghetti and meatballs to share with my 3 year old. She loved it too. It was a good as the spaghetti I have had in Venice. My son and older daughter each had the lamb lasagna. They ate every bite. They also raved about the bread with the olive oil and balsamic.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Going downhill fastFoodieWoodieDined on 8/2/2014Hubby & I visited Firenze a few years ago & had a pleasant experience, liked the food, so we wanted to return. This time was certainly different. Granted we did not order any pastas or pizza. Lamb chops and a fish dish were ordered. Meals took too long coming out of the kitchen. We had to remind waiter of our ordered appetizer, as I think it was forgotten. They tried to deliver someone else's mussels to our table. Waiters were unfriendly, food barely passable, waiter added tip in & he wasn't worth it. Best part of our meal was the wine. Will not return.
- Great seafoodBozoDined on 8/2/2014We had the Cappellini Scampi e Lobster. It could not have been more delicious.Special Features:
- Delicious Lunch MenuElleDined on 7/31/2014Three of us met for lunch and none of us were disappointed. From the vichyssoise soup (we shared), the lasagna, the scallopine, and the pasta with homemade sausage, to the limoncelli cheesecake, all were superb.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- good food, could improvedecaturitesDined on 7/30/2014Mi wife and I enjoyed our meals, although the potatoes with my lamb chops were a little salty. Service was polite. They play nice music inside, too bad they don't pump it outside where we ate. The outdoor area is pleasant, but could be spruced up a little.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful food Too bad they run outsazuckerDined on 7/26/2014Everything we tried was wonderful! However whoever does the ordering needs to be fired. They were out of the appetizer we chose, out of the entree my friend chose (as well as several others)....AND...out of coffee. Who runs out of coffee on a Saturday evening? And if for some reason you do - run down the street to Kroger or Publix so you have some on hand. Anyway, like I said the food was terrific and fairly priced - and normally I would have said we're coming back...but the "running out of things" was just a bit much. Ps. The waitress was new, but tried very hard and was really sweet - despite everything she definitely made us feel cared for...Special Features:
- Absolutely fabulous findTwinmom143Dined on 7/26/2014This place is a hidden gem! The food was outstanding! The waitress was attentive and gave helpful suggestions. We live 5 hours away but will make a point to return. I wish this restaurant was local toy home because I would eat there regularly!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not a great experienceCJS60VIPDined on 6/20/2014We've been there numerous times before and the experience was consistently good. However, this time the food was very salty, and no attempt was made to rectify it. With so many other good restaurants in the area, we likely won't be returning.
- The following 116 reviews are from the Firenze Ristorante reviews archive.
- This place has completely changedTlb023VIPDined on 5/20/2014Seems to be going out of business. They are always out of something .. Sage arugula Etc. They brought out one tiny slice of bread for each person. When we asked for more they has to bake it and it took forever. We were one of two tables there. Its a shame. We used to really like this place.Special Features:
- Where's the sage???Tlb023VIPDined on 5/10/2014Ordered the butternut squash ravioli- this is normally served with scallops- I had them make it with chicken instead so they were already lucking out on the deal. The sauce is a simple butter sage sauce, but I could NOT taste the sage. It looked like dried, not even fresh parsley was sprinkled all over the plate. I asked the server, he went & checked w/chef, the response was "we're having trouble getting sage" Perhaps they should have mentioned that, since my chicken, ravioli with just butter wasnt very flavorful. I was very dissapointed since that was the main herb of the dish. The chef didnt come out to apologize for trying to "pull one over on me" with sprinkling parsley all over my plate. No discount or dessert or anything :(Special Features:
- RonShookVIPDined on 5/8/2014Excellent variety of foods. Great attention by wait staff, Michael knew how to keep the wine glass then the ice tea glass filled. Great attention by everyone.Special Features:
- Wow what a find!!!honeymoonDined on 5/8/2014Excellent - food and service- top notch chef- very creative good choices and service was absolutely fab!!!!Special Features:
- A new find!Lexus2VIPDined on 5/3/2014Had a delicious Italian meal! Portions are very generous and was able to "box" and have the left overs the next night. Very pleased and will definitely go there again.Special Features:
- Great food and serviceleeshorDined on 4/19/2014The food here has always been consistent and the prices fair, Drinks are not the best but way above average and a lot better than some.Special Features:
- Great lunch!FoodfanDined on 4/18/2014Delicious and great service! I'm pretty sure everything was made from scratch, although I didn't ask. Bread that came to the table was so fresh and delicious. I had the veg lasagna and husband had the steak sandwich. Both were great and well priced for lunch! Good portion sizes. We'll be back. We were worried it'd be too fancy for lunch ( we weren't dressed up) but wait staff was very down to earth. It's a place that can go either way: casual or more formalSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very good foodGregDined on 4/12/2014The Firenze Ristorante was very quite and the back room for large parties, we had 13 in our group, was great. The food, we had at the table, ranged from pizza to pasta to seafood stew. Everyone enjoyed and raved about the food. Drinks were iced tea and lemonade to beer, wine and scotch. They stock a very good wine list and service was very good as well. The dinner were all delivered at once no one complained about wrong orders, checks or any mix ups. Anyone of us would return to this restaurant and recommend it to others, I'm sure. Go and enjoy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- So so.........RudyDined on 4/9/2014Let's star with service: we were 2 adults and a baby, we got our table and waiter did not ask if we needed a booster or high chair(well we asked), he replied "I look if we have one"we got the fritto misto and meat ad cheese for appts they were good, for my main I got the NY steak I ordered medium and got it medium well to well, my wife got the lamb chops medium, they were good but I had to switch with my wife because steak was over cook for me and she said she would't mind to eat the steak, the server ever asked how was everything, nice presentations for the dishes and very tasty, when I made the reservation it was stated that it was my wife's birthday but nothing.....sorry for the chef because we liked the food but all in all we won' back.
- Great food!SharonDined on 3/28/2014This is a neighborhood gem. Great date night with the hubby. The Scampi with Shrimp and Lobster and Scallop & Shrimp Risotto were tasty. Will definitely dine here again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The food was great and theOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/19/2014The food was great and the servers were very helpful and polite.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious!OpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 2/15/2014The restaurant we originally were planning on going to was packed so we decided to give this place a try....and I am so glad we did!!! The caprese salad was very different than a traditional caprese salad, but it was so good. I had the lamb lasagna and it was amazing. My father-in-law (who never finishes his plate) had the chicken parmesan and the whole thing was gone in no time. We all very much enjoyed our food and I would recommend it to anyone.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Didn't DisappointGeorgeDined on 2/15/2014I have eaten at Firenze several times for business luncheons or dinners and have mainly been satisfied. On this occasion my wife joined me and ordered the duck risotto, while I ordered the lamb chops. Both entrees were good, not great. This restaurant location has been several operators and themes over the past 10 years and this is as good or better than the other attempts. Michael was a wonderful waiter.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very slow service, limited menuCyndrixDined on 2/14/2014This restaurant was listed as "Under $30 per person" on OpenTable. Maybe the regular menu fits this description, I wouldn't know, it wasn't available. They had a limited Valentines Day menu with very few entree options, 3 to be exact. One featured very rare beef, which I don't eat, another featured foie gras, which I'm morally against, and the other was salmon. With such a limited menu, you would think the service would be quick. Not so. We waited 45 minutes to even receive the appetizer. What should have been an hour long dining experience was 2.5 hours. The food was good, but it wasn't what I wanted to eat and they wouldn't allow ordering off the regular menu. It was a forced $50 per person spend.Special Features:
- $$$ for realYummy2012Dined on 2/14/2014The restaurant ran a mandatory Valentine special which made it expensive, but the food was good. My bill was over $100 and I would not have chosen any of the available dishes, like I said the food was good but I should have been told about the special before I went.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- No complaints one of the fewDennis17Dined on 2/14/2014No complaints one of the few times I would give this an almost perfect rating.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Undiscovered TreasureDoctorDined on 12/31/2013Tucked behind a busy street at a quiet intersection, at the end of a strip mall and virtually invisible, I was lucky enough to have found this exquisite restaurant. Certainly the Italian motif interested me (I was stationed in Italy for three years in the Navy), but the tastes, the aromas, the friendliness of the wait staff reminded me of romantic evenings out with my wife and friends years ago. What blew me away was the New Year's Eve menu. I had to go back this year after such a surprise last December 31. The fixed price menu had selections of only the best and it was probably half the price of most other New Year's spots I had tried in Atlanta. Why the whole city doesn't line up at the door for festivities is beyond me.Special Features:
- Very beauriful restaurant.OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 11/23/2013Very beauriful restaurant. Confusing sign near entrance says parking in rear and it's dark in back. Waiter was helpful in answering our questions and happy to pronounce Italian words correctly wieh we mispronounced them. Seafood dishes were excellent. My chicken marsala was a little too salty but chicken was prepared perfecrly. Would definitely go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ConfusednorthDined on 9/16/2013Good food, but a bit pricey. Location not the greatest. Has potential, but noticeably never busy, not sure how they stay in business. Uncomfortably empty restaurant the three times i have been there. Wine list ok, but not having house brands adds to the expense and does not make me order a second glass. Patio is nice, but deck needs repair to the rotted wood and holes, plus got bit up from bugs. With little business, it made us wonder how fresh the food was. No meal salads offered, just side salads that were very expensive.
- AVOID LIKE THE PLAGUE!!!terrapinstationDined on 7/20/2013Thought Firenze would deliver but it was bad (almost comical just how bad) from start to finish. They are packaging the restaurant as "authentic", fine dining, ..... and the prices are as if they were actually delivering what the authentic fine dining experience. Arrived for our reservation (certainly wasn't necessary as we were the only people in the place on Saturday evening. The bartender was leaning on the bar watching the Braves game and greeted us with a resounding redneck greeting of "what's up boss?". Should have known but we were hungry and decided to stay. Down hill from there. NEVER AGAIN!
- The food is still outstandingOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 6/21/2013The food is still outstanding after several visits. We have dined at Firenze for lunch only. Not crowded at all. Hope they stay open for lunch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The Fire has been extinguishedOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 5/12/2013This place has taken a turn for the worse. Went there for Mothers day. Special mother's day menu was all in Italian and the waiter had no idea what it said, much less what the dishes were. Because we're of Italian descent and know some of the language we were able to make out some things but why have a menu that noone can read? Waiter truly had no clue and kept refering to a cheat sheet in his back pocket that was of little help. Food was absolutely awful!! Veal was stringy with a dull brown sauce and the others had a steak dish with cheese and bland gravy that was terrible. We didn't order desert because we were so ready to get out of there. Bill was almost $200 which is maddening to think about looking back. We will not be back.
- Paper on table lowered expectationjtcdiamondDined on 4/27/2013Foodd and service were very good. Didn't like the paper on the tabled.Special Features:
- The food and service is excellent.OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 4/26/2013The food and service is excellent. We hope more people discover this great Italian restaurant in the Peachtree Corners area. The Wild Salmon Picatta is the best! I never liked salmon until I tasted this dish.Special Features:
- Excellent food and service.OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 3/7/2013Excellent food and service. Each dish we ordered was fantastic. I recommend trying the calamari appetizer - they add artichoke, shrimp, and the fresh catch of the day. Superb entres including Penne with prosciutto, pasta primavera with plenty of fresh vegetables, and spaghetti with meatballs. Great desserts and beautiful restaurant.Special Features:
- I needed to get in and outOpenTable Diner Since 2003Dined on 3/6/2013I needed to get in and out pretty quick and the staff was very accomodating and the food was very good. Try the burger, it is a great.Special Features:
- We did not come on the bestOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 3/2/2013We did not come on the best night. There was a large party with a buffet-style dinner in the main diningroom, so we were seated in the back room which was not very cozy (kind of bare, tables without chairs, next to a window with view to the main room but closed off with a curtain). If we were seated in the main dining room I am sure our experience would have been better, so make sure you get seated there when making a reservation. Also, nice big bar area.
- This was my first time diningOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 2/15/2013This was my first time dining at Firenze. It was really great to sit in a restaurant that was moderatly full and carry on a discussion with my husband. Our waiter was attentive and provided just the right amount of interaction. As for the food, it was the best American Italian I have had since leaving the North East 23 years ago. The Lamb Lasagna was amazing and my husband cleaned his plate of seafood and pasta. Everything appeared to be homemade and the Italian cheescake was extremely good.Special Features:
- Our waiter was AWESOME andElleDined on 2/14/2013Our waiter was AWESOME and funny!~ We went on Valentine's Day and everything was great!~ The food was good but the crab cakes for an appetizer could have been bigger. They were super small. Overall it's a GREAT restaurant.Special Features:
- Excellent menu, beautifullyhappytoreportDined on 2/14/2013Excellent menu, beautifully executed. Unfortunately, somewhat understaffed, probably owing to these difficult economic times (we were there on Valentine's Day, so one would think there might be a little augmentation for the occasion), but our waiter was valiant in his efforts to stay on top of the situation.Special Features:
- I absolutely love this place.Tlb023VIPDined on 2/8/2013I absolutely love this place. First tried it because of a Groupon but have since been back twice. My favorite is their Prosciutto and Arugula Pizza. All the entrees we have tried have been delicious as well.Special Features: