Firenze a Tavola
4401 Tennyson St.
Denver, CO 80212Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
Firenze a Tavola
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.firenzeatavoladenver.com/
- Phone: 3035610234x2
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Wednesday - Saturday: 5:30pm - close, Select Wednesdays: Community Table Night
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Simone Parisi
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Takeout, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Firenze a Tavola has hosted many types of private parties from weddings to corporate events. Menu is customized to your event. Private dining room fits 26. Main dining room fits 30+. Book the entire downstairs for 55+ people.
Parisi also prepares for off-site catering. PARISI CATERING REQUIRES CUSTOMER PICK-UP. WE DO NOT OFFER DELIVERY, SET-UP OR WAIT STAFF FOR YOUR EVENT. We will loan or provide chafing dishes for hot foods, trays,disposable flatware, napkins, condiments and serving utensils if needed, upon request. To order, call Parisi at 303-561-0234.
- Private Party Facilities: The lower level "Firenze a Tavola" is available for private functions. The private dining room on the lower level seats up to 26 people and can be personalized to your event. The entire dining space is also available for buy outs and private functions for 55+ people.
- Private Party Contact: Matteo Nardin 3035610234x
- Special Events: "Community Table" on select Wednesday nights. Multi-course, family-style, prix-fixe dining focusing every time on a specific theme. Fun evening for big groups or those dining solo.
Special Wine events also take place throughout the year, showcasing fabulous Italian wines and many times with a representative from the producer to speak about their wines. Wines are paired with specially crafted menus.
- Cross Street: 44th & Tennyson
- Public Transit: RTD stops at the corner of 44th and Tennyson on the south side of the building. Please check with RTD for schedule (route 44)
- Parking: Private Lot
- Parking Details: We offer a private parking lot on the north side of the building. Free street parking is also available.
A word from Firenze a Tavola
Tucked in the lower level of Parisi’s in North Denver, is “Firenze a Tavola”, meaning “Florence at your table”. In Firenze a Tavola, we recreate hearty, authentic Tuscan and Florentine dishes with a seasonal menu. Firenze a Tavola offers a specially selected wine list from our cellar featuring some of Italy’s finest. On select Wednesday evenings we feature our signature event, the “Community Table”, where neighbors come to dine together family-style. Community table diners will enjoy a multi-course, prix-fixe menu and "divertimento" (fun). Reservations are available Wednesday through Saturday evenings for traditional dining beginning at 5:30. The lower level is also available for private functions. The private dining room on the lower level seats up to 26 people and can be personalized to your event. The entire dining space is also available for 55+ people. We hope you can join us soon for North Denver’s most authentic Tuscan experience! Ci vediamo presto. … Arrivederci!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerNotable Wine List
- Diners' Choice WinnerRomantic
Firenze a Tavola - Best Restaurants in Highlands ›
Firenze a Tavola reviews from OpenTable diners
44 reviews since May 2, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (24)fit for foodies (23)special occasion (23)romantic (22)notable wine list (18)good for groups (13)late-night find (4)great for lunch (3)great for outdoor dining (2)kid-friendly (2)hot spot (2)vibrant bar scene (1)Show More
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/27/2014I went to the restaurant with a friend for restaurant week, and it was a disappointment. With that said, I wouldn't doubt that their normal menu would be better. The wine selection was great either way.Special Features:
- Great food, sub-par serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/26/2014The food was absolutely fantastic! All three courses were plated beautifully, and tasted as good as they looked. However, the service was less than expected. It took our waiter 25 minutes to take our drink order, let alone our food order. We were there for three hours, and ate each course relatively quickly, only to wait 15-20 minutes for our plates to be cleared and another 15-20 minutes for our next course to arrive. If you have all night, and they offer to refill your wine glass, then this would be a 5 star review.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 5280 at Firenze a TavolaLovegoodfoodDined on 8/23/2014Fiernze a Tavola is one of our very favorite restaurant! We have eaten there many, many times and always enjoy our meal and service. Unfortnately this last time our server was very dismissive and unfriendly. It seem that when we requested suggestions for a wine at a lower price point, he lost interest in providing high quality service. We have not been to Fiernze a Tavola since 2013 and did not recognize any of the other servers. Previously our servers actually would remember us from year to year and welcome us back. Very different experience this past weekend. Again the food was utterly amazing but we left unsatisfied due to the surly and uncaring service we received from our server.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/23/2014The service was great but the food was fairly average. The ribs and chicken were very dry.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Restaurant Week mealOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/23/2014We had a very nice restaurant week meal at Firenze a Tivola. Generous portions, a very good value for the $60/couple price point. We enjoyed the peach risotto, which was a favorite at our table, as was the squid ink ravioli stuffed with crab. Our waiter was attentive and helped us make wine and menu selections.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Cute place!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/16/2014The heirloom tomato salad was fantastic! Interesting combo on the calamari. I would not order the wild boar again. I expected soft cooked with a meat like that (like a shank) but it was "on the rack" and overdone.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Special NightEatfreshDined on 8/8/2014Nice private dining room to celebrate a special occasion with good friends. Food and service was wonderful!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- jimbobDined on 8/2/2014Food was very good and the wine list although vast had a lot of "out of stock" wines listed, yet the prices were reasonable but not great. Service was poor…wait person paid little attention to the table and appeared to not care.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Molto BenewillworkoutforfoodDined on 7/25/2014Great location for those craving an authentic northern Italian meal. Their menu has plenty of fantastic choices making it ideal for a large family style meal as well as small intimate dinners for two. We had the Pappardelle con Cinghiale and Ravioli d’ Aragosta, both of which were delicious pasta dishes and well presented. The wine list is extensive although I went by the glass since my wife is pregnant. Ambiance is great and service was friendly and attentive. All in all a great dinner and one we hope to have again soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- avoidMarkVIPDined on 7/16/2014Food bland, service slow and it's not really in Highlands
- Open tableFrankDined on 7/2/2014Went and enjoyed the open table on July 2. The food and menu was fantastic! Well done to all!Special Features:
- Community TablebenncatDined on 7/2/2014This was the third time we have come to Firenze's Wednesday night community table dinner. As always, the food was wonderful and the company enjoyable. The only downside was that it took very long for us to get our check after our meal. We'll be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great, however . . .hungryDined on 7/2/2014First visit to this event, though have been enjoying and appreciating Parisi's since its days on 44th and Lowell. Enjoyed the ambience, new acquaintances and all the food courses with the exception of the tempura vegetables. Incredibly thick coating and overcooked; like having a carrot or broccoli spear baked into a thick biscuit. In view of Parisi's history and incredible performance for many years, this was inexplicable. Of less concern though a bit irritating; if everyone is paying the same price, the size of the desert servings should not vary from table to table, especially when the smaller portion was truly tiny. Presuming it was unintentional, it means someone did not estimate the number of diners correctly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice eveningMeliDined on 6/21/2014We had dinner here with friends; the food was excellent. I had the beet salad and ribs, my husband had the herbed pork and a caprese salad with buffalo mozzerella; all was done perfectly. The waiter was a little new, so had to check on a few questions we asked (for example, what is a soffrito?) but it was overall a very nice dining experience.Special Features:
- Truly Fantastic!ShannonDined on 6/21/2014My husband and I have been meaning to try Firenze a Tavola and finally did this past weekend in celebration of my birthday. The food is divine, the wine list overwhelming and the service spectacular. Not to mention, it was easy to get a reservation and fairly priced! A lot of other popular restaurants throughout the city require 1-2 weeks advance reservations just to get a table. Although the wine list was overwhelming, we gave the wine connoisseur (maybe he was a sommelier) our price range and he selected the perfect wine for us. I definitely recommend Firenze a Tavola if you're looking for Italian food, particularly with a Northern Italy influence.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing dining experienceJulesh5280Dined on 6/21/2014I'm a foodie and will be back!! The service was fantastic, ambiance and presentation was impeccable! Its a slice of Italy right in our backyard!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner for twoRomance4UDined on 6/14/2014Great service, accommodating, engaging, knowlegable wait staff, excellent food and romantic ambiance.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- hungryskierHungaryskierDined on 6/11/2014The Community Table is always a delight and a treat to try regional specialties from Tuscany. The company is fun and a great way to meet or connect with new faces and learn about anything from other great eateries, books, and travel experiences.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing - must try!Tough2pleaseDined on 6/7/2014I've only been twice now, but both experiences have been extraordinary. It's not out of the ordinary to go to a new restaurant, particularly and more high end restaurant, and have a good experience: good food, wine, atmosphere, service, etc. But it's rare to have an excellent experience, one that really impresses. Long story short, you MUST go to Firenze if you appreciate food and dining. Period. You will not be disappointed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- firenze delight!dineamo77Dined on 5/23/2014ambience, price, service were excellent the food was very good with the exception the mussels and clams were cold while the pasta was hot the wine list was slightly overpricedSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Firenze Perfecto!OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 5/16/2014We had not dined at Firenze for quite some time but it was a perfect evening. First, the recommended bottle wine didn't break the bank and was delicious. Secondly, the staff was awesome! Our server, George, was fantastic! His snarky and sarcastic sense of humor was perfect for us. If you appreciate authentic, Tuscan food, this is the place - made me want to catch a flight to Florence. Buon appetito!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- disappointedtkettleDined on 5/10/2014We had reservations for 7:45, arrived on time, but waited some minutes before we were even acknowledged, let alone greeted. Were told our table was being prepared. We stood in the entry, waiting uncomfortably. Staff gave us menus to look at, told us again that our table was almost ready. At 8:00 we left. A disappointment because it was a 30th birthday celebration for our daughter. My husband and I had enjoyed Firenze a Tavola's food previously, and we had looked forward to treating our daughter and her friend to a special birthday celebration.
- A secret gem to find!!CaliGirl31Dined on 5/3/2014This is a fantastic restaurant! You would never know it existed unless you found it online or was standing at the entrance to it's underground location. The food is incredible!! Fresh, innovative, mouth-watering good!! It's below the Parisi Restaurant, and a completely different ambiance and vibe. I highly recommend it for a nice Italian dinner that literally takes you to Italy!! The service was excellent as well! We can't wait to go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great dining experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2001VIPDined on 5/3/2014Met friends for dinner as a half way point from each other. We had a very nice dinner with great service. The lobster ravioli and seafood stew were hits as well as the Caesar salad. Wine list got pricey but found a suitable red that was reasonable. Nice atmosphere, would definately go back and recommend it to anyone looking for a great meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 740 reviews are from the Firenze a Tavola reviews archive.
- Authentic, Intimate, ExcellentJayAre52Dined on 4/25/2014Firenze a Tavola translates to "Florence to Table"—and the owners of North Denver's delightful, bustling Parisi have brilliantly transported an intimate ristorante experience to the space beneath their trattoria.You don't sense you're below a Denver street; you're under the Tuscan sun.Wood, brick and ambient lighting add to the authenticity, as does the extensive wine list and Italian waitstaff.The insalate and antipasti are inspired. For an entree, you MUST have the exquisite, cioppino-like Cacciucco Toscano or Linguine con Fruitti di Mare.My companions inhaled the pappardelle con cinghiale (wild boar), gnocchi di ragù coniglio (rabbit) and slow-cooked pork shank with polenta.We polished it off with housemade limoncello and honey grappa.Special Features:
- Service was lacklusteratkrocksDined on 4/18/2014Our waiter was dismissive and misunderstood our order. He forgot my husband's appetizer and brought us the wrong entree'. Since he didn't check back often enough we simply ate what he brought us. He apologized but made no effort to correct his mistakes and make the experience a more positive one. It's unlikely we'll go back.Special Features:
- Great FindKimalahDined on 4/12/2014This is one of Denver's great places in one of Denver's great neighborhoods.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice ButOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 3/14/2014Nice feeling in the restaurant, noisy hard to hear, food is good not exceptional, would like to see a few true Italian/red sauce items on the menu to round to options.
- As has been our experienceRecommendedDined on 3/4/2014As has been our experience every time we return, this restaurant serves dishes that are fantastic, each full of flavor and creatively prepared. Their wine selections are well thought out whether purchasing by the glass or bottle with no duds to choose from.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- noiseloyderDined on 3/1/2014Since it is a basement and the ceiling is low the notice level was much of a problem. It was very busy also. Which is a good thing.Special Features:
- service was terrible! my waterOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 3/1/2014service was terrible! my water and soda glass sat empty on the edge of the table from the time the appetizers arrived until the desert order was taken and I had to ask. either she was overwhelmed or didn't care since we were not buying alcohol.
- Back for SecondsFredBDined on 2/28/2014Enjoyed this very Italian restaurant a couple years ago so we returned for Denver Restaurant Week and we are glad we did. Carpaccio with arugula was an excellent first course. We chose a richly flavored red wine, Castello di Camigliano Rosso di Montalcino. second course of Bistecca Piedmontese con funghi (beef from Italian Piedmontese steer) was outstanding done exactly right and the Maialino in Crosta (encrusted pork tenderloin) was tasty although the cut may have been from something other than the tenderloin. For dessert the olive oil cupcake sounded a bit different but was not impressive while Fragole con Gelato (vanilla gelato and strawberries and a cointreau-balsmic glaze) tantalized the taste buds very nicely. Highly recommended!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- not satisfied for the pricedalpradDined on 2/28/2014During restaurant week, portions were small and the least expensive wine on the list was $60. Food was average. Expected more.Special Features:
- As always - Great ExperienceDinerDined on 2/28/2014We went for restaurant week and as always, dinner was excellent. Everyone got something different for every course and all dishes were great. The dish that stood out was the raviolli al branzino, which is sea bass-filled ravioli made with squid ink with a lemon and fig cream sauce. It was excellent. The gnocchi, steak and pork were also great.Special Features:
- We visited during RestaurantMrDanVIPDined on 2/28/2014We visited during Restaurant Week. The limited menu didn't appeal to us and the regular menu was unavailable. For the fixed price of $30, we didn't find much value. Also, we felt very rushed, even though there were empty tables. Probably won't go back.
- Fabulous EveningNeighborhoodFriendsDined on 2/27/2014Our dining experience was excellent. Our server Anna Marie was fantastic, friendly, informative and so pleasant. The food was fabulous, as usual. Normally we come to the Community Dinners which are great fun but this was just as fun. We have Italian family who are very discerning about the food and they love Firenze. As I marked, the noise level is energetic. When we come to the Comunity Dinners it is somewhat difficult to talk to the other guests because of the noise level. This will not deter us from attending them in the future.Special Features:
- i have had better meals herefoodlover14Dined on 2/27/2014generally a great place to go, but perhaps too crowded during restaurant week. soup cold, pork entrée so tough we sent back. would recommend but not during Resturant WeekSpecial Features:
- cozy and funkgschulerDined on 2/27/2014We went to this restaurant on a 5280 restaurant week. We didnt know what to expect, but were pleasantly surprised at the ambiance. It is not a huge place, but it is very cozy and has a lot of character! The waiter was personable and had a fun approach. The meal was tasty-we had a fixed menu, but will be back to try out more!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- not your ordinary Italian diningsusiebDined on 2/27/2014Pasta available but NOT the focus - I am gluten free and had wonderful options - did not feel limited - VERY well prepared foodSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Atmosphere and enjoyable experienceFoodieDined on 2/27/2014Loved the pretty and authentic Italian feeling from the restaurant, furniture, exposed brick walls, gorgeous entry. Oozes atmosphere. Well rounded, original menu. Looked forward to seeing what each new dish would bring. Delicious. Wonderful waitress, not afraid to guide our menu choices, thorough, friendly. Will return as well as recommend to friends. Grew up near this area and it is fun and refreshing to discover this part of Denver in a new light.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.