FireLake Grill House Downtown Minneapolis
31 South 7th Street
Minneapolis, MN 55402Neighborhood:
Downtown / North Loop
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
FireLake Grill House Downtown Minneapolis
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://firelakerestaurant.com/
- Phone: 6122163473x
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast: Monday - Friday: 6:30am – 11:00am, Saturday & Sunday: 7:00am– 2:00pm; Lunch: Monday – Saturday: 11:00am – 5:00pm; Dinner: Daily: 5:00pm – 10:30
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Mediterranean
- Executive Chef: Paul Lynch
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: FireLake grill house & cocktail bar offers two cozy private dining rooms to accommodate every festive occasion. Enjoy Chef Paul Lynch's award winning seasonal food along with the personalized and engaged service that FireLake offers. Contact Kristin Holt at 612.547.6241 for more details.
- Private Party Contact: Kristin Holt 8886535579
- Entertainment: Just blocks from Target Field! 50% off beer 2 hours before - 2 hours after the game. Directly in the middle of the downtown theatre district.
- Special Events: Sunday Nights! Bring your own wine... corkage free.. $1 donated to 2nd Harvest Heartland for every cork collected.
A word from FireLake Grill House Downtown Minneapolis
FireLake embodies the flavor of flame & features a menu that takes its inspiration from the heartland of the Midwest & the fresh, simply presented food of the Mediterranean. The menu features a passionate exploration of fresh indigenous ingredients & the unique flavors can only be delivered by real burning wood.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
- Diners' Choice WinnerAmerican
FireLake Grill House Downtown Minneapolis - Best Restaurants in Downtown / North Loop ›
FireLake Grill House Downtown Minneapolis reviews from OpenTable diners
74 reviews since May 5, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (33)special occasion (28)great for lunch (24)good for groups (15)romantic (12)great for brunch (11)vibrant bar scene (10)neighborhood gem (9)late-night find (7)notable wine list (7)kid-friendly (5)hot spot (4)Show More
- Very niceTruthDined on 8/30/2014Food was very, very good - simple but good. Desserts were exceptionally well done. Had dinner prior to a show in an atmosphere where we could actually talk to each other. The private rooms look lovely. The only thing we didn't like was that there was no closed door separating the restaurant from the hotel and we were seated so we were in full view of the hotel lobby. It reduced the quality of our experience.Special Features:
- Not the normal "hotel" restaurantEricDined on 8/30/2014I used to travel all of the time for work and I hated eating in the hotel's restaurants. So, when a friend suggested this local restaurant I was cautious. Luckily my wife and I went anyway, as the food is some of the best in Minneapolis. The bone marrow and polenta small plates were unique, tasty, and had really nice portion sizes. The pop overs were Minnesota style with wild rice, which was unique and nice. Spinach salad was fine; nothing special. The prime rib was seasoned great and they were able to get it to the table rare; a hard feat. The cherry crumble was wonderful, while the smores tart was just okay. We will definitely go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 8/29/2014I have been coming to this restaurant for quite some time and have always enjoyed the experience. The remodeling they have done is quite nice and has made the environment a very comfortable and cozy place to have lunch or dinner. They always have interesting specials featuring regional food along with classic standards such as the Black and Bleu salad with steak and bleu cheese that has always been one of my favorites. The location is perfect for lunch as it is situated right in the middle of downtown. If you're looking for a nice, relaxing place for a fabulous lunch, this is the spot!Special Features:
- Food was okOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 8/26/2014I entertained a few clients on Tuesday night and was disappointed with a few items. The walleye cakes were FABULOUS, the spinach dip was out of this world but the flat bread served with it was very hard. I ordered something off of the specials list - scallops and they were over cooked :( But the popovers were delicious as was the rosemary chicken from what I hear, wish I would have ordered it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FabulousSuziQDined on 8/24/2014Great food, great service and in a great location downtown. The Walleye was fresh and flaky. The Gnudi are highly recommended.Special Features:
- Lunch SpotGeetaDined on 8/21/2014I chose this spot to go for lunch. My co-worker and I both had really good food and our waiter was polite, helpful and attentive. We got our food without having to rush to eat our food and get back to work. Great place to have flavorful, well made lunch.Special Features:
- delicious!luvs2eatDined on 8/19/2014Great service and delicious food at a fair price. This was a special occasion lunch which far exceeded our expectations. I will definitely return. Good menu variety too.Special Features:
- Killer!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/15/2014Been a fan of this establishment for many years. The food is ALWAYS delicious, service impeccable and location ideal.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 8/13/2014The new decor is a bit stark for my taste - food was fabulous!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hidden Gem !Verynice23Dined on 8/2/2014You don't always think of hotel restaurants as being your first choice in dining. I didn't realize Firelake Grill House was located in one. The food was amazing, I love the use of "local". There are really cool private rooms you can get for small groups too. The menu was perfect for everyone's different tastes. I was busy, but our table was quiet enough we could talk without being bothered by others. Our waiter Mike was great, made it a special night. Food came out quickly with a nice presentation. Totally would go back, haven't tried all that I wanted to. We had buffalo marrow, dirty fries, prime rib, baby back ribs, walleye cakes and great wine/drinks.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WOW!Lad50VIPDined on 7/26/2014I travel all over the country and eat at hundreds of restaurants a year; and I just had one of the best meals I have had in years. Everything was terrific. The bison bone marrow was outstanding; shrimp appetizer was one of the best we have ever had and the lamb chops were superb. Wilbur our server was also great!I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and servicesaleigh22VIPDined on 7/25/2014Specialty cocktails, great steak and desserts. Service was excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- This is worth trying at leaset onceD1n3rDined on 7/25/2014Really enjoyed the food and the service. Both were outstanding. Food was the right quantity. The wait staff was attendant and friendly. Had a wonderful smore for dessert.Special Features:
- Great business lunch atmosphereWinendineDined on 7/23/2014I went to FireLake Grill for a quick lunch with a co-worker. Since we only had an hour, we were nervous about getting in there, order, and out with enough time. FireLake exceeded our expectations. We were able to order, receive our meals, and have a good conversation in between! The service was just right. Attentive, but not bothersome. Perfect all the way around!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just alrightRJ27VIPDined on 7/22/2014The food was presented nicely, but absolutely had no flavor! Couldn't even taste the walleye...totally bland. Disappointing. Plus, we had a reservation, and were less than 10 min. late, but they accidentally seated someone in our place, so we had to wait. Would not go again.
- Could not find our reservations!cjkennDined on 7/9/2014Unfortunately they did not have our reservation. However, we had a wonderful dining experience.Special Features:
- pleasant hotel cafekaydinesoutVIPDined on 7/8/2014Better food and ambiance than most hotel coffee shops. Server was very pleasant but harried; seemed to have too many tables to take care of and so service was slow. Good menu with local items.
- Excellent service and great dinnerChristineVIPDined on 7/8/2014We ordered the following: Mushroom pasta with added salmon - delicious! Brisket - very good, but a bit fatty.
- guests2dineguests2dineDined on 7/8/2014We had an overall enjoyable dining experience. We received a friendly greeting when arriving and were able to select a table of our choice. Our waiter Robin did an exceptionally good job of reviewing the menu and making us feel comfortable. We were pleased with our choice of food and would recommend this restaurant as a place to dine.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- relaxed vibeneedbigpantsVIPDined on 7/7/2014farm-to-table meets generally good execution. The appetizers were tasty, as was the cocktail I had. The roast prime rib (trumped as being from specifically-ranched Limousin cattle) was pretty inferior, in flavor, in texture, in execution (needed any kind of seasoning, as an example) to almost any other sample I've had in a restaurant of this class. Simple dessert of unique ice creams flavors may have been my best decision in this meal. Service was warm, attentive, and accommodating--I appreciated it.Special Features:
- glovesmVIPDined on 7/4/2014We went for dinner with the family and the waitress was great to my 8 year-old nephew with crayons, an ice cream treat, and taking the time out to talk to him. All of us really enjoyed the food, although my brother was worried about the portion size. We all enjoyed our dinners - seafood stew, osso bucco, meatloaf, a bbq special of brisket, and lamb two ways.Special Features:
- Nice find across from MarriotttmkccmuVIPDined on 6/30/2014Thsi was a nice find across the street from the Marriott. I visit Minneapolis form time to time and always stay at the Marriott. OpenTable sent me right across the street. Very nice and interesting food. Very friendly service. I will be back!Special Features:
- EasypeasyplsDined on 6/28/2014We were on overload from Minneapolis bar food and then we heard about Firehouse Grill. Our porterhouse steak was perfect and cherry cobbler w/ creme fresh ice cream - sinful. Super service! attentive, funny. Loved the cool lighting over the bar too!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A great hotel restaurant!CedarbendDined on 6/27/2014We've stayed at the Radisson Plaza for years and have always enjoyed eating the wonderful breakfasts served at Firelake (especially the Walleye Hash!). Even when we don't stay at the Radisson, we have either walked or driven from elsewhere just to eat breakfast here. This last visit was our 2nd time to eat dinner here and it was very good. My husband had trout and said he would have that again in a heartbeat. The server was especially personable and competent. We had our 8 yr-old granddaughter with us and he was great with her...mixed her up some chocolate milk (which isn't on the menu) using some chocolate ganache used for their desserts...she loved it! All in all, you can't go wrong at Firelake.Special Features:
- ardent dinerfoodexpertDined on 6/21/2014We enjoyed the food and the drinks. The service was very good. We do miss the decor that they used to have with the booths and regular tables. We feel that the prices are not reflected in the new arrangement. It is far too casual. The chairs are not comfortable. With aspirations of becoming a luxury destination, Firelake should reflect this direction. It looks like an upscale coffee house.Special Features:
- Excellent for a business lunchDelishDined on 6/17/2014The redecorating with the upgrade to Raddison Blu is especially nice in the restaurant. The menu remains excellent and always features seasonal specials.Special Features:
- Warm FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 6/15/2014Would recommend to anyone and ask for waiter Roy! Ambience is good and you can actually carry on a conversation!Special Features:
- WonderfulOlsonsDined on 6/14/2014Wonderful food and service! Our waitress was outstanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- rgk7OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 5/30/2014Starting with the friendly welcome from the host to our informative and attentive waiter (Robin), Firelake was a great all around experience.I would recommend this to a friend.
- VeggieDinerDined on 5/28/2014A great pace for dinner. Enjoyed the food, we will be back.Special Features:
- Do not miss!....hawaiianemVIPDined on 5/18/2014The Pan Seared Halibut on special was fantastic - started with the Five Cheese Spinach Fondue (always amaizing). Do not miss the Mason Jar Chocolate Peanut Butter Pie, holy smokes that was delectable! Thank you for a phenomenal experience Roy! (the new decor looks AMAZING!)Special Features:
- WOWW!!!!luv2dineVIPDined on 5/17/2014Got to try the dirty fries, different but very good. The rotisserie chicken was so flavorful and to top it off they ask you if you want warm chicken stock over the top, excellent. The polenta with Gulf Bay shrimp had a light smoky flavor and great texture. And the smores with house made marshmallows and a chocolate tart and plate drizzled with caramel , what a way to end a excellent meal. The server was attentive, but not overbearing.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/15/2014I have always had a good experience at FireLake - with food and service. This is the first breakfast meeting I have had there and everything was good. I would definitely consider for future meetings. It will be nice when the construction is done.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- brunch was greatgroupof14Dined on 5/11/2014Great interesting menu with everything tasting really wonderful! Hidden away location with no sign, and area is under construction. Would highly recommend though.Special Features:
- Wonderful Mother's Day Brunch!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 5/11/2014My family and I had Mother's Day Brunch here and it was wonderful. My mom loved it, and we had great service and food!Special Features:
- A great new Minnesota-Centric SpotjpberkaDined on 5/9/2014The wait staff was amazingly attentive and willing to explain every option thoroughly while also being entirely open to suggestion. The food arrived quickly. The dishes were wonderful. As the location is brand new at this time and is part of a major renovation of a hotel, the location appeared a little rough as you walked in, but the actual restaurant area was extremely warm and pleasant. While we are both locals, it was great to hear the wait staff explaining to tourists from another country what some of our local foods are all about. I ordered a walleye that was pan fried in an heirloom corn breading that was absolutely wonderful. My wife, a vegetarian, was able to also dine comfortably and to try something unique and flavorful.Special Features:
- The following 1012 reviews are from the FireLake Grill House Downtown Minneapolis reviews archive.
- Great little spot, good service,OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/2/2014Great little spot, good service, good food or just stop for a drinkSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great menu variety! I lovehockeyfanVIPDined on 1/29/2014Great menu variety! I love this treasure especially the mushroom gnudi and rotisserie chicken.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pleasantly surprisedkelsnapDined on 1/25/2014Restaurants attached to hotels often get a bum rap, but FireLake is not only an exception, it's fantastic! The food was excellent. Our waiter was outstanding and so knowledgeable about the menu. He made superb recommendations, as well. We requested a window seat but instead were put in the back. It didn't matter as got a booth facing the kitchen and the rest of the restaurant. All in all a near perfect experience. Thank you for a fabulous evening.Special Features:
- City GemSuburbanFoodieDined on 1/14/2014Generally, I go for one of their noted rotisserie selections. This time, I went for the buffalo burger - a meat I have never liked - and was absolutely sold. My wife and I have dined here for most of our anniversaries, and I would (and have) highly recommended it to friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.