FireLake Grill House Downtown Minneapolis
31 South 7th Street
Minneapolis, MN 55402Neighborhood:
Downtown / North Loop
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
FireLake Grill House Downtown Minneapolis
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://firelakerestaurant.com/
- Phone: (612) 216-3473
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast: Monday - Friday: 6:30am – 11:00am, Saturday & Sunday: 7:00am– 2:00pm; Lunch: Monday – Saturday: 11:00am – 5:00pm; Dinner: Daily: 5:00pm – 10:30
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Mediterranean
- Executive Chef: Jim Kyndberg
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Entertainment: Just blocks from Target Field! 50% off beer 2 hours before - 2 hours after the game. Directly in the middle of the downtown theatre district.
- Special Events: Sunday Nights! Bring your own wine... corkage free.. $1 donated to 2nd Harvest Heartland for every cork collected.
A word from FireLake Grill House Downtown Minneapolis
FireLake embodies the flavor of flame & features a menu that takes its inspiration from the heartland of the Midwest & the fresh, simply presented food of the Mediterranean. The menu features a passionate exploration of fresh indigenous ingredients & the unique flavors can only be delivered by real burning wood.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerAmerican
FireLake Grill House Downtown Minneapolis - Best Restaurants in Downtown / North Loop ›
FireLake Grill House Downtown Minneapolis reviews from OpenTable diners
76 reviews since July 29, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (46)special occasion (35)great for lunch (29)good for groups (26)vibrant bar scene (12)romantic (10)notable wine list (10)neighborhood gem (7)great for brunch (7)hot spot (6)kid-friendly (5)late-night find (4)Show More
- good food, reasonable pricesluvfoodDined on 11/22/2014We went there for a light dinner before a show and I would definitely do it again. We both had dinner salads and, of course popovers with delectable maple butter. On your dinner salad you can add your choice of standard meats, but they also offer duck confit which was a nice surprise. The waiter checked with us right away if we had any time constraints, which many don't think to ask. And dinner with 2 drinks was less than $70 in the heart of downtown. Overall great experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Burned cuisineOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/21/2014I tried Firelake during Happy Hour--I am searching for the top downtown restaurants in this category. The food was OVERDONE and dried out--grilled WAY too long. They also play some sort of generic "guessing game" as regards to the wines being offered, only stating a "dry" white or red. There many better options available.
- DisappointedOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/17/2014The entrees we ordered were very delicious. However, I was very disappointed that they changed the bread pudding. Service was very, very slow.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food and Nice AtmosphereMotivatedbyFoodDined on 11/9/2014Great restaurant and concept, although its interesting that its in the Radison. The food is exceptionally prepared and well done, not to mention being sustainably friendly with fresh local ingredients in some dishes.Special Features:
- Food was very good - spotty serviceRickDined on 11/8/2014Really enjoyed the food and the variety of the menu as well as the local sourcing. Setting was okay but more casual than I'd expect given entree prices. BTW: there's a variety of chairs and a few banquettes. Next time it's the banquettes I'll request. The chairs we had were stylish but not terribly comfortable. The server was very friendly and knowledgeable which made some of the lapses a bit hard to reconcile. For example, my wife's 2nd glass of wine wasn't served until halfway through the entree and it had been ordered before the first entrees arrived. And, her entree was served a good five minutes after the rest of our entrees with no real explanation other than an apology. I'll give it a second try and see what that experience is likeSpecial Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 11/1/2014We had not been there before, and so made an evening of it downtown, prior to a concert. The atmosphere was casual, but yet some patrons were dressed downtown funky- a nice mix- as there were families there too! Felt very comfortable, relaxed. The wine list was nice, and the menu even more diverse. The proteins available was a nice mix- and most outstanding- was their committment to use local/minnesota growers as much as possible. I had the 14oz prime rib- and it was outstanding- and I think more than 14oz! My partner had the venison- and he was not dissapointed at all. We each started with a different salad- and again- superb.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/28/2014The food was very good - super tasty. The service was great. Our server was this delightful elderly woman - she was attentive and did a really nice job!Special Features:
- Fun sportChazDined on 10/24/2014Great spot pre-concert. Waiter was very attentive to our time schedule. Suggested Bison main course was excellent! We will be back. Fun cocktails!Special Features:
- Great foodCiosDined on 10/24/2014This was our first time visiting since they remodeled, and I'm not a fan of what they did. What was previously homey, cozy and a little rustic is now modern and cold. Our previous favorite dining spot facing the kitchen is gone, and the booths now either face the entrance (with hotel people coming & going) or the curtain over the private dining area. That being said, the food and service is still completely phenomenal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Lunch Spot!OpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 10/24/2014A friend and I stopped here for lunch. The food and service was fantastic. Carlos took excellent care of us and the bison pot roast sandwiches were spot on. We will definitely be back soon.Special Features:
- ToodyDined on 10/18/2014Were seated by host stand near entrance to hotel, rather noisy. Waiter was great and service timely.Special Features:
- Great Service/Pleasant StaffPattyMaDined on 10/18/2014Our waiter Michael was absolutely wonderful. And I was impressed by the cooperation among the staff as I witnessed many instances of them helping each other out. Too often the staff seem to ignore each other in other restaurants. The maitre d' was actively involved also. The food was tasty. The special served with gnudi was excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/17/2014Friday night very loud crowd. Service was extremely slowSpecial Features:
- Excellent, as alwaystraveler132Dined on 10/12/2014We usually visit Minneapolis once a year and have made it a tradition to have dinner at FireLake after the Vikings games. We have never been disappointed, the food and the service is always on point.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 10/11/2014We have been going to the FireLake Grill for many years and continue to enjoy the food and the service.Special Features:
- Best Service in a long time !FoodiegirlVIPDined on 10/10/2014We have been to Fire lake before, but not since the remodel. It is really beautiful, but we weren't not prepared for the really amazing service we received from Mike, our server ! He was informative, attentive and really, really knowledgeable about the menu and the restaurant. He made a good experience a great one ! We can't wait to come back !Special Features:
- Duck to Die ForAccidentalDinerDined on 10/10/2014This experience deserves a write-up. The only time I can remember wishing for some quiet time from my lunch companion so I could focus on how the duck-mushroom-gnocchi-sauce mixture was blowing my mind. The entree was off the monthly specials, so I may need to go back again this month to relive the experience. Service was excellent. Ambience confusing. Fire Lake's just completed remodel has the feeling of a cafeteria with its tile floors, but mixed with warm notes from the colors and ovens. The backdrop seems too casual for the quality of the food and service. Hence confusing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- VeggieDinerDined on 10/7/2014This is the second time that my wife and I ate at FireLake Grill, and even though they do not have a lot of vegetarian options, we were very satisfied. The gnudi and the popovers are two of my favorite things in the world. We will be back.Special Features:
- Good but not greatSteveofoto1VIPDined on 10/4/2014Fairly pedestrian food. Spit roasted chicken and salmon were both good although the salmon was a bit dry. Very good service. Restaurant is beautifully appointed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- a lovely mealSkippyDined on 10/4/2014We had a really nice meal and loved our quail legs. It was great to have a local selection. We both had bison. One special and the bison meatloaf was really yummy. Our waitress was great and added to our experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experiencekenright21Dined on 9/27/2014My mother, wife and I had dinner here while on a trip to Minneapolis. We stayed downtown and were disappointed with service at several other downtown businesses. Food was great, service was great. We will return to downtown Minneapolis for 2 reasons. Our experience at Firelake and all the parking downtown.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious food and drinkChicapixie3Dined on 9/26/2014I like to try new things when I am out and I totally enjoyed my cocktail, MN. Sunset; vodka, strawberry puree with balsamic and pepper. It was a bit pricey 11.00 for a drink, but this is a hotel restaurant. I ordered their special "Duck with brussels sprouts and a sweet potato tart". It was delicious but I would have preferred the duck cooked a little more. I would have to say I liked the brussels sprouts best. My husband always a beef eater ordered the prime rib, rare plus. It actually was a little closer to medium rare, but he ate every bite and wished there was more. He loved the rub on it, not overly salty as most tend to be.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Lunch!Reader01Dined on 9/26/2014I made a reservation for lunch to celebrate the birthday of a great friend of mine. The service was excellent - attentive but not too intrusive. The food was great - prices were normal for most downtown lunches. They brought a complimentary dessert to my friend that we shared - their version of smores - fabulous!!Special Features:
- Good food.CitrusfizzDined on 9/19/2014Staff is very friendly.............. Great place. Good food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/15/2014We had great service with a big smile. The Prime Rib was great.
- Consistently goodOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 9/13/2014Never had a bad meal here this time included. Recent remodel is nice as well although it might add to the noise level a bit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food was fantasticRickVIPDined on 9/4/2014Food Was fantastic but the service was even better.Special Features:
- No wait for a table.MeganVIPDined on 9/3/2014I'm not sure if it was because it was lunch time or because of the odd downtown location but there was NO one in there for lunch when we arrived. The food was very good, it was locally produced. I had the MN Salad and thoroughly enjoyed it. A friend of mine had the sandwich and salad combo and her sandwich looked great as well. Service was timely and we enjoyed our lunch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing Local Emphasis!SteakloverMplsDined on 9/2/2014What a wonderful find stumbling across this amazing restaurant! We have lived in the twin cities for over a decade and had never heard of this place...they NEED to advertise to the locals more!!! The food was absolutely delectable.....they source mostly local, which is awesome! Our waiter, Mike, was amazing with his knowledge of the menu and his impeccable service and charm. We had a fantastic dining experience here and will recommend to all of our friends. Ask for waiter Mike for a superb experience.Special Features:
- Very niceTruthDined on 8/30/2014Food was very, very good - simple but good. Desserts were exceptionally well done. Had dinner prior to a show in an atmosphere where we could actually talk to each other. The private rooms look lovely. The only thing we didn't like was that there was no closed door separating the restaurant from the hotel and we were seated so we were in full view of the hotel lobby. It reduced the quality of our experience.Special Features:
- Not the normal "hotel" restaurantEricDined on 8/30/2014I used to travel all of the time for work and I hated eating in the hotel's restaurants. So, when a friend suggested this local restaurant I was cautious. Luckily my wife and I went anyway, as the food is some of the best in Minneapolis. The bone marrow and polenta small plates were unique, tasty, and had really nice portion sizes. The pop overs were Minnesota style with wild rice, which was unique and nice. Spinach salad was fine; nothing special. The prime rib was seasoned great and they were able to get it to the table rare; a hard feat. The cherry crumble was wonderful, while the smores tart was just okay. We will definitely go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SteelersGalVIPDined on 8/29/2014I have been coming to this restaurant for quite some time and have always enjoyed the experience. The remodeling they have done is quite nice and has made the environment a very comfortable and cozy place to have lunch or dinner. They always have interesting specials featuring regional food along with classic standards such as the Black and Bleu salad with steak and bleu cheese that has always been one of my favorites. The location is perfect for lunch as it is situated right in the middle of downtown. If you're looking for a nice, relaxing place for a fabulous lunch, this is the spot!Special Features:
- Food was okLeisaDined on 8/26/2014I entertained a few clients on Tuesday night and was disappointed with a few items. The walleye cakes were FABULOUS, the spinach dip was out of this world but the flat bread served with it was very hard. I ordered something off of the specials list - scallops and they were over cooked :( But the popovers were delicious as was the rosemary chicken from what I hear, wish I would have ordered it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FabulousSuziQDined on 8/24/2014Great food, great service and in a great location downtown. The Walleye was fresh and flaky. The Gnudi are highly recommended.Special Features:
- Lunch SpotGeetaDined on 8/21/2014I chose this spot to go for lunch. My co-worker and I both had really good food and our waiter was polite, helpful and attentive. We got our food without having to rush to eat our food and get back to work. Great place to have flavorful, well made lunch.Special Features:
- delicious!luvs2eatDined on 8/19/2014Great service and delicious food at a fair price. This was a special occasion lunch which far exceeded our expectations. I will definitely return. Good menu variety too.Special Features:
- Killer!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/15/2014Been a fan of this establishment for many years. The food is ALWAYS delicious, service impeccable and location ideal.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 8/13/2014The new decor is a bit stark for my taste - food was fabulous!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hidden Gem !Verynice23Dined on 8/2/2014You don't always think of hotel restaurants as being your first choice in dining. I didn't realize Firelake Grill House was located in one. The food was amazing, I love the use of "local". There are really cool private rooms you can get for small groups too. The menu was perfect for everyone's different tastes. I was busy, but our table was quiet enough we could talk without being bothered by others. Our waiter Mike was great, made it a special night. Food came out quickly with a nice presentation. Totally would go back, haven't tried all that I wanted to. We had buffalo marrow, dirty fries, prime rib, baby back ribs, walleye cakes and great wine/drinks.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 1040 reviews are from the FireLake Grill House Downtown Minneapolis reviews archive.
- WOW!Lad50VIPDined on 7/26/2014I travel all over the country and eat at hundreds of restaurants a year; and I just had one of the best meals I have had in years. Everything was terrific. The bison bone marrow was outstanding; shrimp appetizer was one of the best we have ever had and the lamb chops were superb. Wilbur our server was also great!I would recommend this to a friend.