FireLake Grill House & Cocktail Bar - Mall of America
2100 Killebrew Drive
Bloomington, MN 55425Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
FireLake Grill House & Cocktail Bar - Mall of America
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.firelakerestaurant.com/
- Phone: 9528514040x
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast: Monday - Friday: 6:00am - 11:00am, Saturday & Sunday: 6:00am - 12:00pm
Brunch: Saturday and Sunday 12:00pm-2:00pm
Lunch: Daily: 11:00am - 2:00pm
Dinner: Daily: 5:00pm - 10:00pm 11:00pm on Friday & Saturday
Our bar is open until midnight every night
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Bar / Lounge / Bottle Service, American, Tapas / Small Plates
- Executive Chef: Paul Lynch
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Counter Seating, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Weekend Brunch, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Full service catering available from intimate dinners for 8 to weddings and business functions for 700.
A word from FireLake Grill House & Cocktail Bar - Mall of America
This is the second location of the acclaimed FireLake Grill House & Cocktail Bar - Mall of America. The restaurant is warm and inviting; from it's copper servery to it's reclaimed Minnesota barn wood walls. Aromas of roasting rotisserie chicken and flame kissed steak fills the air. FireLake really sets the mood for your friends and family to gather and share in delicious, tasty food and warm, friendly service. Enjoy a Minnesota made micro-brew, a crafted cocktail or a light bite in the relaxed and fun FireLake Cocktail Bar. Open for breakfast, lunch and dinner, it's the perfect place to unwind and dine.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
FireLake Grill House & Cocktail Bar - Mall of America reviews from OpenTable diners
107 reviews since June 2, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (53)special occasion (41)good for groups (34)great for lunch (26)vibrant bar scene (22)great for brunch (20)notable wine list (17)romantic (17)hot spot (15)scenic view (12)late-night find (11)kid-friendly (10)neighborhood gem (7)Show More
- Were it not at a mall...DMossVIPDined on 9/20/2014What a gem of a place! The only negative experience was the traffic getting into the place. Mall traffic on a Saturday night, & a large wedding at the hotel = a lot of frustration. Luckily, our server was ready to get some drinks into us, and tell us about the menu. The lamb two ways was incredible, and when I mentioned that I was thinking about the Prime Rib because I love polenta, the server told me that it wouldn't be a problem to substitute. The wine list is impressive, and the service was spectacular. I'm definitely going back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful atmosphere!!!Lucky13Dined on 9/19/2014The service, food, drinks were all great! I would recommend Firelight to anyone who wants to relax and not worry about the cooking!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Return VisitHoppyVIPDined on 9/12/2014We enjoyed our second visit to FireLake and were very pleased with the service and the dinner. We enjoyed the salmon pastrami and the cheese pizza as well as a nice wine.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hidden Gem at the MOA!sumthinsweetDined on 9/12/2014We stopped here for a late lunch while at the mall as we heard good reviews and we were not disappointed. We had excellent service from Marianne who was attentive and provided us great tips on the menu. We enjoyed the lamb fritter, wild rice soup, flat iron steak frites, and rosemary rotisserie chicken. Everything was 5 stars.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hostess with the Mostess--NOTDelightedCustomerVIPDined on 9/11/2014Usually we have a great experience at FireLake, Bloomington. But this experience was jaded from beginning by Kayla, the hostess. I made OT reservations as we were coming in and she said 'since they just popped up, we'd have to wait' (excuse me aren't reservations, reservations regardless of when they were made???) then she would seat us where we wanted b/c she said there was no wait staff in that section. Imagine our shock, 5 minutes later, when another party was seated there. We then relayed the story to the manager who said he'd check on it--rather than 'make it right' he apologized and said he didn't which side to believe. NEWSFLASH---try believing your customers!!!Special Features:
- Customer dinerDwhitacreDined on 9/9/2014We enjoyed Dinner at Fire Lake. The food was very good. Dinner was not served simultaneously. Some in our party had to wait. We did not complain. However the restaurant brought out 4 different complimentary desserts and proactively commented on their oversight. It was a very nice touch. I would definitely return.Special Features:
- business dinnerCookieDined on 9/7/2014The food and service was great but the chairs are very uncomfortable and the ambience was very average. I highly recommend they replace the art deco chairs with low backs with something comfortable!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 9/6/2014It is a very nice restuarant. However, unless you get a booth, the tables are too close together thus you have very little privacy.
- Personal touchJimsDined on 9/5/2014We felt as though the service and food recommendations were personally tailored for us. The prices are very reasonable and the creations by their new pastry chef was outstanding!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- noreturnDined on 9/5/2014To many mistakes. . That was nice. Had a $50 gift certificate that I gave to the waitperson. Menu was ok but spendy. My wife loved her order but mine was a bit off. $24 for steak and fries was a bit much The steak was order Med-well. The steak was almost raw. A little char on the outside but totally raw inside. Some like not me. When the bill came they took off the appetizer because of that. I paid the bill but they forgot to take off the $50 gift certificate then they couldn't find it. Glad they finally found it. Not good. One thing I would change is sitting on the side of the tables that face the south windows can be very glaring and hard on the eyes. Shades would be nice . Probably will not go back unless I have another gift cert.Special Features:
- OkayCouple23Dined on 9/5/2014Came for an anniversary dinner. I would have preferred to keep the black char off my steak. Hubby's short ribs were tough and not so great, but he liked the marinade. The corn succotash lacked and the coleslaw flavorless. Fancy looking bottle of tap water, watress pours it for us,telling us it was tap water. It was lukewarm water. I had to ask for ice to add to it as we do prefer to drink water with our meal. Something made my stomach upset, grumbly the rest of my evening. If you're looking for a quick lunch, dinner while you're at the Blu, this would work, but I wouldn't come back here for a special occasion again.Special Features:
- Good Food, Slow ServiceSouthMplsResidentDined on 9/2/2014The food was very good, with some very unusual menu items (e.g., bone marrow), but some more expected dishes, too. The service was not only slow unbearably, but a bit snarky when responding to requests. The food came in a timely way, but the waiter all but disappeared for large segments of time. Dinner took us 2 hours, not my choice. We received the bill, after asking for it, about 30-40 minutes later than we would have wanted it delivered.Special Features:
- Anniversary SurpriseWBLDahlsDined on 8/29/2014We planned to try Fire Lake after seeing the chef on a local show. We tried the new Radisson Blu for or 15th wedding anniversary, and decided to try the restaurant and cocktail bar as well. We had a fantastic meal, great service and spectacular attention to detail. It made our anniversary a special surprise as a result. We recommend it to any of our foodie friends, of particular delight was the bison marrow starter. The wine pairing suggestions were spot on, and pulled the meal together.Special Features:
- Always a pleasureDeeSVIPDined on 8/22/2014Great Dining away from bustle of MOA. Nice wine list. Enthusiastic knowledgeable servers.Special Features:
- Ralph from ChicagoIncredibleDined on 8/21/2014This is not your typical mediocre hotel restaurant. I enjoyed four meals at Fire Lake. All were exceptionally prepared. Don't miss the corn crusted walleye and the very special pork chop. Omelettes at breakfast are incredible. Greeters and servers were friendly, knowledgable and attentive. The greeter even remembered me by name upon my second visit. Fire Lake may just easily be the best of the 50 food spots in the Mall of America.Special Features:
- Creative menu!VANB1Dined on 8/19/2014This was a business dinner and client loved it. Cocktails are unusual and delicious. Small plates and seasonal menu were terrific. The Heirloom tomato salad was fantastic! Our server was great - made helpful recommendations. It's the best fine dining experience at Mall of America for sure but worthy of going even if you are not going to shop.Special Features:
- AmazingMMinMinnesotaDined on 8/15/2014My wife and I typically don't do fine dining a lot. But we chose this restaurant for our anniversary. Boy we were not disappointed. Other than a short wait at the hosts stand to be seated. We were greeted professionally and seated promptly. Our server was excellent and the food was awesome. We ordered the trio fries, lamb duet (highly recommended) and salted Carmel panini. We definitely would come back.Special Features:
- Layers of Flavors12enjoyDined on 8/14/2014This restaurant is definitely for those guests that enjoy a flavor experience. My taste buds were excited from the first bite of burger with bacon jam and oxtail shred to the last bite of the french fry dipped in homemade ketchup!Special Features:
- First timeRaeNOTrayDined on 8/11/2014Dinner and service was great. They sure do love their glass water bottles, I'm not a big fan of warm water, so it wasn't my thing. Dessert was very disappointing. The description Dark Chocolate S'Morestart w/house made marshmallows and smoked caramel sauce sounded very interesting. They went to dark with the chocolate and the tart was dry and lacked flavor. The marshmallow which looked awesome was also lacking sugar, the caramel sauce helped, but wasn't much to talk about. Maybe put in a little dash of sea salt with the marshmallow or choc and bring down the cocoa to 60% vs. 80-90%. If we decide to have dessert, we want a little SUGAR and it to be outstanding.
- Enjoyed all!CareenedDined on 8/8/2014We had two fabulous meals here:one dinner and one breakfast. It was also our son's 8th birthday, and the servers went over the top to treat him. We will definitely return the next time we visit MOA.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/3/2014Truly impressed with the amnience of the whole hotel- first time here. Would definately come back for the bar scene and dinner.Special Features:
- Nice ambiance but needs improvementkaydinesoutVIPDined on 7/25/2014Had read many reports of terrible service, but ours was okay. Surprisingly our server brought us a complimentary dessert and apologized for the slow service. Perhaps they are trying to placate people who complain and so give a free dessert to everyone. Our server was fine but wasn't warm or friendly. Nice ambiance but rated it fair because the orange chairs are very uncomfortable - they can't be leaned back on because you end up back at a 45 degree angle. Each tried a different salad and each was bland. We could hardly taste the dressing because the greens were wet. Walleye cake/burger and sauce were good. Liked that the menu had many local/state food items, e.g, walleye.
- Not What I ExpectedSouthMetroFoodieDined on 7/25/2014Went during Restaurant Week and had a nice time, but could've gotten a lot more for the money elsewhere. My husband had the brisket - very thinly sliced (reminded me of a Philly Cheesesteak sandwich) and came with fries and (weird) coleslaw. I was up for trying something new so I had the Gnudi. It was OK - nothing to write home about. The salmon on top was wonderfully seasoned and cooked. Dessert was an ice cream Panini thing made out of cake which sounds like a neat idea, but it made the cake crunchy. I was also disappointed they don't serve bread at the table but of course you're welcome to purchase an order of popovers (which we did and they were good). Back to Tavern on France as our go-to for excellent food and (surprising) value!Special Features:
- Beautiful bluYummyfortummyDined on 7/25/2014I was impressed with the service, food and ambience. Lovely place for a special occasion or just relax.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LunchWirelesscallerDined on 7/25/2014We ate at Firelake for lunch during restaurant week. The food and the service were fabulous. The portions were large and incredibly tasty. The waitress was very attentive. We will go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun Menu - Nice AtmospheredebbiebDined on 7/24/2014While our only complaint was the bar service was a bit slow without many people in it when we first arrived, the dinner and service there was great. Very fun menu with unique menu items. Everything we had we prepared well and no complaints around the table. I would plan to bring some $$ as it wasn't inexpensive, though.Special Features:
- DisappointingKrisDDined on 7/24/2014We went there for restaurant week. We've always liked their sister restaurant in downtown Mpls. It didn't look at all like the pictures on their web site which always show it lit in a low level blue light which looked very attractive. Instead the place has a very utilitarian/industrial look and there is an unpleasant glare from the windows. The food was OK but I wouldn't make a special effort to go there for it. In restaurant week, one would expect them to be demonstrating their best. Their vegetarian dish needed a lot more vegetables and a lot fewer gnudi. The kobe beef disk was OK but nothing special. Even the waiter admitted the chef was still working on the dessert.
- restaurant week brunchPeachyplumDined on 7/24/2014For how dead it was, it seemed like servers were distracted or had better things to do. It made me feel like I was interrupting them to have them do their job. It seemed like we were rushed when only maybe 7 people were in the restaurant. At least the food was good, atmosphere was charming but service leaves a lot to be at attention.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sleek and sophisticated, but slow.YummymummyVIPDined on 7/23/2014We came for Restaurant Week and a surprise birthday dinner. Everything started out great, but when our 18 month old started to have a meltdown, the service slowed to a halt. The meal took three hours, but the food was delicious.Special Features:
- Wonderful!the3dsDined on 7/23/2014We went for lunch to celebrate a coworkers Birthday. I booked on Open Table and made note that it was for a Birthday celebration. I wasnt really expecting anything but they really went above and beyond. They provided a tray with three different desserts! It was wonderful.Special Features:
- FirelakejimmyDined on 7/21/2014We went to Firelake for lunch during "restaurant week", so we limited ourselves to the special menu. The food was very good and, although located at the MOA, we got the feeling this was a fine dining restaurant.Special Features:
- Great Food, Disappointing ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 7/21/2014I am not quite a regular at Firelake, but I've been there about a dozen times and really enjoy the food. I took my wife there for the great Restaurant Week deal, and we were immediately met with a disappointing greeting from the server. She seemed agitated that we asked for the Restaurant Week menu, as I'm sure she was considering the overall check, and hence, her tip. She had a very odd demeanor, was slow with our wine order and made it on our list of 5 WORST SERVICE EXPERIENCES. We intended to make a complaint upon leaving, but the FOOD WAS SO DARN GOOD that we calmed down a bit. But then OpenTable asked for my opinion, so here it is: This is a great place with clever food options, and this was unfortunately just a bad experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Horrible service / poor managementFoodie1234Dined on 7/21/2014Took 30 mins to bring soup and there was only a couple of other parties. Asked manager what was the hold up and she disappeared and never returned. Our server was more interested in setting up for a larger party and never did ask us if we liked our meal or removed empty plates so, we sat with empty plates everywhere. One of us has a gluten allergy and the manager brought that person a cheesecake with a crust. I explained the crust usually has flour in he the manager was clueless. Terrible, terrible experience don't waste your time.
- Food good- service POORSlowServiceDined on 7/21/2014We went to this hotel/restaurant for the first time Monday. We were satisfied with the food , but the service was slow, slow, slow!Special Features:
- Great food, service (still) poorOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 7/20/2014This was my second visit to Firelake, which continues the dilemma of whether or not the great food is worth putting up with the poor service. There was no one at the front check-in area when we arrived, they reported us as a no-show to OpenTable, our server did not bring my drink until reminded when the first course finally arrived (after 20 minutes), he never returned to check on us until we were finished eating and then forgot about the desert course until we said something. Maybe the other location is better...Special Features:
- Poor service Cold foodWonderfulDined on 7/20/2014I would not dine at this particular location again. This was the poorest service I have ever received.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 7/14/2014Ordered a Porter House Steak for two, with asparagus. Cold
- Rather FancyeatingisgreatDined on 7/13/2014Weren't exactly sure what we were getting into since this was our first fancy date. It was a wise pick. The cocktail I had, Aurora Borealis, was delicious. Had their deviled eggs as an appetizer and thoroughly enjoyed those. I had the wild rice soup which was hearty and he had the watermelon soup. He found it tasty but not satisfying. For dinner he had their Lamb Duet and I their Hunter Crusted Chicken. Both meats were tender and juicy. I could cut my chicken with a butter knife. Dessert we had their s'more tart which was a great way to end our meal. While waiting for dessert the chef visited our table. He said he noticed pictures being taken of the food. We both agreed it was a place we would like to eat at again.Special Features:
- Fabulous breakfastDeeSVIPDined on 7/10/2014Appreciate the smoothie options .my son loved the walleye hash. Prompt courteous service.nSpecial Features:
- Normally good, but not Monday eve.Midwestfood1Dined on 7/7/2014I have been to Fire Lake in MOA several times before and had good dining experience. This Monday my wife and I took our children there for dinner. Perhaps Monday was training or new chef night? The restaurant was sparsely except for the bar were there was a large convention group. Almost every thing we ordered was not good. We ordered fish and chips, salmon, flat steak and pot pie. Everything was very salty and over seasoned. I have had excellent food here before so I was surprised. The waiter was very nice and service was decent, just bad food this night. Not sure what happened but I may have to take this one off my list for a while.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.