FireLake Grill House & Cocktail Bar - Mall of America
2100 Killebrew Drive
Bloomington, MN 55425Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
FireLake Grill House & Cocktail Bar - Mall of America
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.firelakerestaurant.com/
- Phone: (952) 851-4040
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast: Monday - Friday: 6:30am - 11:00am, Saturday & Sunday: 6:00am - 12:00pm
Brunch: Saturday and Sunday 12:00pm-2:00pm
Lunch: Daily: 11:00am - 2:00pm
Dinner: Daily: 5:00pm - 10:00pm 11:00pm on Friday & Saturday
Our bar is open until midnight every night
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Bar / Lounge / Bottle Service, American, Tapas / Small Plates
- Executive Chef: Paul Lynch
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Counter Seating, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Weekend Brunch, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Full service catering available from intimate dinners for 8 to weddings and business functions for 700.
A word from FireLake Grill House & Cocktail Bar - Mall of America
This is the second location of the acclaimed FireLake Grill House & Cocktail Bar - Mall of America. The restaurant is warm and inviting; from it's copper servery to it's reclaimed Minnesota barn wood walls. Aromas of roasting rotisserie chicken and flame kissed steak fills the air. FireLake really sets the mood for your friends and family to gather and share in delicious, tasty food and warm, friendly service. Enjoy a Minnesota made micro-brew, a crafted cocktail or a light bite in the relaxed and fun FireLake Cocktail Bar. Open for breakfast, lunch and dinner, it's the perfect place to unwind and dine.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
FireLake Grill House & Cocktail Bar - Mall of America reviews from OpenTable diners
114 reviews since July 31, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (58)special occasion (43)good for groups (43)great for lunch (26)notable wine list (23)hot spot (23)romantic (22)vibrant bar scene (22)great for brunch (16)late-night find (13)scenic view (8)neighborhood gem (8)kid-friendly (8)Show More
- Good food and drinks, but slow kitchenOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/26/2014Good food and a very large wine list, the beer choices were good too. The restaurant was not busy but we waited a long time for our food. the chairs were not comfortable and we had no place to hang our jackets.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Special anniversary dinner!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/24/2014Website was very informative and it made making a reservation easy including link to florist that delivered directly to "our table". Staff was friendly and attentive. Food selections were numerous and very tasty.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PLEASE CALL A DECORATOR!GoodbyeRojoVIPDined on 11/23/2014This restaurant has SO much potential. It has a great location in a hotel attached to the Mall of America, is close to the airport and between both cities. But, what it has in location it totally lacks in ambiance. Ambiance is nice, but generally can be overlooked if marginal. This, however, is without a doubt the most hideously unattractive restaurant we've ever entered, totally lacking warmth & comfort, absolutely devoid of any elegance or attractive decor. The closest thing I can relate it to would be a student commons area or cafeteria at a college or high school. What were the designers thinking? Is there even one thing inviting about this restaurant, other than the fact it's connected to the mall of America? The food was fine....not great, but certainly acceptable, and the service was good. But, it was hard to even think about the food while sitting in such a cold, bleak, unattractive space, with its ghastly grey overall feel, bare white tables (IKEA?), tile floor, chain-mail curtains ("Game of Thrones"?). Bleak, dismal, grim, depressing.
- Friday night shopping repreiveOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/14/2014everything was delicious and seasonal. service was attentive. The menu was unique and interesting. The server helped me find gluten free options and was helpful in making selections. Our water stayed filled and she even brought extra napkins because we were so messy with the delicious lamb ribs.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice ambiance; Be sure to allow lots of timektinpinkDined on 11/12/2014I absolutely loved the ambiance and fact that the restaurant stays true to its Minnesota roots by offering local dishes and sources ingredients regionally. That being said, while our waiter was incredibly friendly and knowledgeable - it took a very long time to receive our food (we had not received our entrees after being seated for over an hour) and mine was incredibly disappointing and dry. (I had the porkchop.) However, my boyfriend's prime rib was fantastic. I would go back to give it another shot, but I was bummed overall.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and drinkPlymoutherDined on 11/8/2014We loved the food and wine. The brushetta and our duck and buffalo were great. The apple cake was a little dry and could have had more apples. The music was not blasting but still was a bit too load and was annoying. Our waiter was the best! We will recommend this place to friends and will come back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experienceDiningDuetVIPDined on 11/7/2014Lamb duet and Rosemary rotisserie chicken were both great! Service top notch. Will visit again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Almost a successCPTAmericaDined on 11/1/2014The food was quite good. There were a lot of items on the menu that utilized uncommon proteins (duck, quail, etc). Unfortunately, the entire experience was fairly well ruined by the lack of service. We were seated after an issue with our reservation, and after about ten minutes I walked back up to the hostess to request a server. A few minutes after that he finally came around. He wasn't particularly fluent with the menu, wasn't particularly eloquent in his delivery, and just generally was unnecessary. Once the server DID come by the kitchen staff was phenomenal however.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My favorite location by the MallJimSDined on 10/31/2014This is the place to eat while at MOA for food quality, outstanding service and wonderful relaxing atmosphereSpecial Features:
- Food and Service ExcellentEnjoygoodfood2Dined on 10/31/2014We really enjoyed Firelake. We were quickly seated at an unattractive table...sort of rudely by the hostess. Although we were able to move shortly afterward and did not let that ruin our dinner. The service was very good and the food most delicious. We particularly were fond of the duck and the lamb. I highly recommend visiting this restaurant - an oasis and lovely break from the craziness of Mall of America across the street. A little pricey - but we thought it was worth it.Special Features:
- A great eveningMaxPowerDined on 10/26/2014Excellent Food And Service!! And Easy Parking Attached To hotelSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food, service not so muchMuffyDined on 10/26/2014Very good food, menu very interesting. We were there on a Sunday and the dining room had about 5 tables. We ordered an appetizer & our meal- I ordered Eggs Benidict with the eggs poached medium. Our app came out & about 5 minutes later, while we were halfway done eating it, our meal came out. My eggs were so underdone that the whites were still clear. After waiting for 5 minutes for our server to return to the table, I flagged him down to request that I have the eggs cooked medium like I had initially asked. He wisked the plate away with barely an "I'm sorry". My meal finally arrived aprox. 15 minutes later, my husband was completely finished with his meal. I ate 1/2 the meal & asked to have the rest boxed. He tossed it instead. :(Special Features:
- Loved it!OwlbotDined on 10/24/2014Flat iron steak was great and so was corn crusted walleye. Very modern feeling inside. The place is great for special occasions (brought my fiancé there the night before I proposed) or you can dress it down and just enjoy a night out with the family. Its very chill, great service. Will be returning there again.Special Features:
- Firelake GrillmistakeDined on 10/23/2014This restaurant let us down for Restaurant Week. We had to ask for restaurant week menus. They brought the wrong food, and the food they brought did not taste good. The soup was cold, and they brought the wrong soup. The reuben was not a real reuben. There was hardly any meat on the roast beef sandwich. The server was crabby, and the server would not break out separate bills for each couple. We actually had to argue over a $5 coupon obtained in the mall. The six of us will never go back-the food and service were below standards of other restaurants!
- Restaurant Week FindLuvsLynxVIPDined on 10/22/2014Two friends and I had a wonderful lunch here as part of Restaurant Week. Soup, salad, petite sandwich, and a mini cupcake -- all delicious, and all for only $10. The hummus sandwich was my favorite. Will definitely go back again to check out the regular menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FireNan82Dined on 10/21/2014Excellent choice during Restaurant Week. Very accommodating when our group size changed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Restaurant week lunchSMEcheckDined on 10/20/2014The food was outstanding-great portion size for lunch. Dessert was awesome and I normally do not like dessert. The service was very slow and we were surprised as business lunch should be more timely. There were not a lot of people sitting when we first arrived. The chips that were provided, we assumed because the food was taking so long, were delicious. I think I would try again but my expectations would be differentSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ExperienceAmyZDined on 10/19/2014My friend and I decided to check it out during Restaurant Week. The service was excellent and we were treated like stars. We had reservations and the host continually called me by my name, which I always find charming. The food was great and the presentation was nice. The atmosphere of the restaurant and hotel is very modern hip and trendy. It is very bright and airy inside (we went during the day for lunch). Overall we had a great experience and would likely return for a fun girls day adventure.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food!DrJRadDined on 10/16/2014Wow, this was a surprise to find at MOA. Tha walleye was exceptional and as fresh as I have ever tasted fish. A colleague had prime rib which was also excellent. The only downside was that I ordered a portion of duck liver pate, a special of the night, which was not served since they were not happy with the appearance. They should be better than that but what we did eat was very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Exceptional experienceSDuongVIPDined on 10/14/2014I was in town for business. My first night there, I went to the Mall of America for dinner and decided to go with this restaurant based on my search in OpenTable. There were several options but this stood out. My friends and I walked and wanted to sit in the bar area because it was very spacious and designed beautifully. Our server, Samantha, greeted us promptly and told us the specials. She also shared with us her favorite dishes - which we all ordered. I ordered the prime rib, which was cooked perfectly and seasoned well. My colleagues ordered the Spicy Apricot Chicken and the other ordered Surf & Turf (flat iron steak & prawns). Both dishes had excellent flavor and was the right portion. This was our favorite place from our trip.Special Features:
- jazzygirlDined on 10/13/2014Great food and spectacular service. The food was expertly prepared and looked as delicious as it tasted. We asked for a quieter spot to dine in as we had a number of hard of hearing diners and we got just what we asked for! I would recommend this restaurant to anyone wishing to have a great dining experience.Special Features:
- i give it a C+ over all.OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 10/11/2014Some parts of the food were really good and other parts of the food i was not able to force down. Stay away from the bloody mary and the white sauce on the fingerling potatoes. also, if you get there early prior to your reservation, they will not seat you. even if the place is a ghost town....cause that makes sense....Special Features:
- the3dsDined on 10/9/2014I wish I had our server's name. we had a business group - clients in from out of town. they loved it. we had reservations in the restaurant but decided to stay at our table in the bar and eat. our server was terrific! she did not hesitate when we asked if we could stay at our bar table for dinner and she provided us with great recommendations for meals.Special Features:
- Great experience!!YascaDined on 10/7/2014I brought my boyfriend for his birthday. Loved the food,service was great. Would go back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday Dinner for my wifeDickKDined on 10/5/2014This was our first time at Fire Lake. We came with a reference from our daughter. I am glad we did. Very unique appearance, in a good way. the menu has a wide range for all tastes. we stuck with steak. My wife had the Prime Rib which she raved about. The best she has had in a long time . I had the Buffalo Ribeye, Outstanding flavor. Joe was our Server. He was very pleasant and knowledgeable on the menu and very attentive to all of his clients. Some servers get too focused on one table and lose the others. We will come back again. I did see a number of entree's I would like to try.Special Features:
- Away from the bustle of the MOADebbieVIPDined on 9/30/2014The FireLake Grill House,which is the restaurant for the Radisson Blu Hotel located adjacent to the Mall of America, is a nice break from the busyness of the retail hub and usual mall restaurant options. It has a very cool vibe and energetic bar scene. I dined there after the stores closed and while a guest of the hotel. The full menu is available in the bar and has a wide range of options. The salads are available in smaller portions and combined with a cheese board, made for just the right meal. The variety of wines by the glass was better than average. I would definitely dine there again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Surprisingly good!OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 9/28/2014We've dined at this restaurant whenever we stay at the Radisson Blu off-and-on since it opened I believe April 2013. The food has been consistently good. We travel the world and Minneapolis has never had very good food. But this place does a really decent job. Definitely recommend. Extensive menu so you should be able to find something you like. Unless there's an event going on at the hotel, the restaurant is at least half empty. Decor/ambience is suitable for the midwest; dress I would say is casual upscale. Prices are very reasonable for the overall value offered. We are looking forward to returning in a few weeks.
- Were it not at a mall...DMossVIPDined on 9/20/2014What a gem of a place! The only negative experience was the traffic getting into the place. Mall traffic on a Saturday night, & a large wedding at the hotel = a lot of frustration. Luckily, our server was ready to get some drinks into us, and tell us about the menu. The lamb two ways was incredible, and when I mentioned that I was thinking about the Prime Rib because I love polenta, the server told me that it wouldn't be a problem to substitute. The wine list is impressive, and the service was spectacular. I'm definitely going back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful atmosphere!!!Lucky13Dined on 9/19/2014The service, food, drinks were all great! I would recommend Firelight to anyone who wants to relax and not worry about the cooking!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Return VisitHoppyVIPDined on 9/12/2014We enjoyed our second visit to FireLake and were very pleased with the service and the dinner. We enjoyed the salmon pastrami and the cheese pizza as well as a nice wine.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hidden Gem at the MOA!sumthinsweetDined on 9/12/2014We stopped here for a late lunch while at the mall as we heard good reviews and we were not disappointed. We had excellent service from Marianne who was attentive and provided us great tips on the menu. We enjoyed the lamb fritter, wild rice soup, flat iron steak frites, and rosemary rotisserie chicken. Everything was 5 stars.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hostess with the Mostess--NOTDelightedCustomerVIPDined on 9/11/2014Usually we have a great experience at FireLake, Bloomington. But this experience was jaded from beginning by Kayla, the hostess. I made OT reservations as we were coming in and she said 'since they just popped up, we'd have to wait' (excuse me aren't reservations, reservations regardless of when they were made???) then she would seat us where we wanted b/c she said there was no wait staff in that section. Imagine our shock, 5 minutes later, when another party was seated there. We then relayed the story to the manager who said he'd check on it--rather than 'make it right' he apologized and said he didn't which side to believe. NEWSFLASH---try believing your customers!!!Special Features:
- Customer dinerDwhitacreDined on 9/9/2014We enjoyed Dinner at Fire Lake. The food was very good. Dinner was not served simultaneously. Some in our party had to wait. We did not complain. However the restaurant brought out 4 different complimentary desserts and proactively commented on their oversight. It was a very nice touch. I would definitely return.Special Features:
- business dinnerCookieDined on 9/7/2014The food and service was great but the chairs are very uncomfortable and the ambience was very average. I highly recommend they replace the art deco chairs with low backs with something comfortable!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 9/6/2014It is a very nice restuarant. However, unless you get a booth, the tables are too close together thus you have very little privacy.
- Personal touchJimsDined on 9/5/2014We felt as though the service and food recommendations were personally tailored for us. The prices are very reasonable and the creations by their new pastry chef was outstanding!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- noreturnDined on 9/5/2014To many mistakes. . That was nice. Had a $50 gift certificate that I gave to the waitperson. Menu was ok but spendy. My wife loved her order but mine was a bit off. $24 for steak and fries was a bit much The steak was order Med-well. The steak was almost raw. A little char on the outside but totally raw inside. Some like not me. When the bill came they took off the appetizer because of that. I paid the bill but they forgot to take off the $50 gift certificate then they couldn't find it. Glad they finally found it. Not good. One thing I would change is sitting on the side of the tables that face the south windows can be very glaring and hard on the eyes. Shades would be nice . Probably will not go back unless I have another gift cert.Special Features:
- OkayCouple23Dined on 9/5/2014Came for an anniversary dinner. I would have preferred to keep the black char off my steak. Hubby's short ribs were tough and not so great, but he liked the marinade. The corn succotash lacked and the coleslaw flavorless. Fancy looking bottle of tap water, watress pours it for us,telling us it was tap water. It was lukewarm water. I had to ask for ice to add to it as we do prefer to drink water with our meal. Something made my stomach upset, grumbly the rest of my evening. If you're looking for a quick lunch, dinner while you're at the Blu, this would work, but I wouldn't come back here for a special occasion again.Special Features:
- Good Food, Slow ServiceSouthMplsResidentDined on 9/2/2014The food was very good, with some very unusual menu items (e.g., bone marrow), but some more expected dishes, too. The service was not only slow unbearably, but a bit snarky when responding to requests. The food came in a timely way, but the waiter all but disappeared for large segments of time. Dinner took us 2 hours, not my choice. We received the bill, after asking for it, about 30-40 minutes later than we would have wanted it delivered.Special Features:
- Anniversary SurpriseWBLDahlsDined on 8/29/2014We planned to try Fire Lake after seeing the chef on a local show. We tried the new Radisson Blu for or 15th wedding anniversary, and decided to try the restaurant and cocktail bar as well. We had a fantastic meal, great service and spectacular attention to detail. It made our anniversary a special surprise as a result. We recommend it to any of our foodie friends, of particular delight was the bison marrow starter. The wine pairing suggestions were spot on, and pulled the meal together.Special Features: