FireLake Grill House & Cocktail Bar - Mall of America
2100 Killebrew Drive
Bloomington, MN 55425Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
FireLake Grill House & Cocktail Bar - Mall of America
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.firelakerestaurant.com/
- Phone: 9528514040x
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast: Monday - Friday: 6:30am - 11:00am, Saturday & Sunday: 6:00am - 12:00pm
Brunch: Saturday and Sunday 12:00pm-2:00pm
Lunch: Daily: 11:00am - 2:00pm
Dinner: Daily: 5:00pm - 10:00pm 11:00pm on Friday & Saturday
Our bar is open until midnight every night
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Bar / Lounge / Bottle Service, American, Tapas / Small Plates
- Executive Chef: Paul Lynch
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Counter Seating, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Weekend Brunch, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Full service catering available from intimate dinners for 8 to weddings and business functions for 700.
A word from FireLake Grill House & Cocktail Bar - Mall of America
This is the second location of the acclaimed FireLake Grill House & Cocktail Bar - Mall of America. The restaurant is warm and inviting; from it's copper servery to it's reclaimed Minnesota barn wood walls. Aromas of roasting rotisserie chicken and flame kissed steak fills the air. FireLake really sets the mood for your friends and family to gather and share in delicious, tasty food and warm, friendly service. Enjoy a Minnesota made micro-brew, a crafted cocktail or a light bite in the relaxed and fun FireLake Cocktail Bar. Open for breakfast, lunch and dinner, it's the perfect place to unwind and dine.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
FireLake Grill House & Cocktail Bar - Mall of America reviews from OpenTable diners
128 reviews since July 2, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (66)special occasion (50)good for groups (44)great for lunch (34)vibrant bar scene (28)romantic (22)hot spot (21)notable wine list (19)great for brunch (18)late-night find (15)scenic view (11)kid-friendly (9)neighborhood gem (7)Show More
- A great eveningOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/26/2014Excellent Food And Service!! And Easy Parking Attached To hotelSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food, service not so muchMuffyDined on 10/26/2014Very good food, menu very interesting. We were there on a Sunday and the dining room had about 5 tables. We ordered an appetizer & our meal- I ordered Eggs Benidict with the eggs poached medium. Our app came out & about 5 minutes later, while we were halfway done eating it, our meal came out. My eggs were so underdone that the whites were still clear. After waiting for 5 minutes for our server to return to the table, I flagged him down to request that I have the eggs cooked medium like I had initially asked. He wisked the plate away with barely an "I'm sorry". My meal finally arrived aprox. 15 minutes later, my husband was completely finished with his meal. I ate 1/2 the meal & asked to have the rest boxed. He tossed it instead. :(Special Features:
- Loved it!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 10/24/2014Flat iron steak was great and so was corn crusted walleye. Very modern feeling inside. The place is great for special occasions (brought my fiancé there the night before I proposed) or you can dress it down and just enjoy a night out with the family. Its very chill, great service. Will be returning there again.Special Features:
- Firelake GrillmistakeDined on 10/23/2014This restaurant let us down for Restaurant Week. We had to ask for restaurant week menus. They brought the wrong food, and the food they brought did not taste good. The soup was cold, and they brought the wrong soup. The reuben was not a real reuben. There was hardly any meat on the roast beef sandwich. The server was crabby, and the server would not break out separate bills for each couple. We actually had to argue over a $5 coupon obtained in the mall. The six of us will never go back-the food and service were below standards of other restaurants!
- Restaurant Week FindLuvsLynxDined on 10/22/2014Two friends and I had a wonderful lunch here as part of Restaurant Week. Soup, salad, petite sandwich, and a mini cupcake -- all delicious, and all for only $10. The hummus sandwich was my favorite. Will definitely go back again to check out the regular menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FireNan82Dined on 10/21/2014Excellent choice during Restaurant Week. Very accommodating when our group size changed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Restaurant week lunchOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 10/20/2014The food was outstanding-great portion size for lunch. Dessert was awesome and I normally do not like dessert. The service was very slow and we were surprised as business lunch should be more timely. There were not a lot of people sitting when we first arrived. The chips that were provided, we assumed because the food was taking so long, were delicious. I think I would try again but my expectations would be differentSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ExperienceAmyZDined on 10/19/2014My friend and I decided to check it out during Restaurant Week. The service was excellent and we were treated like stars. We had reservations and the host continually called me by my name, which I always find charming. The food was great and the presentation was nice. The atmosphere of the restaurant and hotel is very modern hip and trendy. It is very bright and airy inside (we went during the day for lunch). Overall we had a great experience and would likely return for a fun girls day adventure.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food!DrJRadDined on 10/16/2014Wow, this was a surprise to find at MOA. Tha walleye was exceptional and as fresh as I have ever tasted fish. A colleague had prime rib which was also excellent. The only downside was that I ordered a portion of duck liver pate, a special of the night, which was not served since they were not happy with the appearance. They should be better than that but what we did eat was very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Exceptional experienceSDuongVIPDined on 10/14/2014I was in town for business. My first night there, I went to the Mall of America for dinner and decided to go with this restaurant based on my search in OpenTable. There were several options but this stood out. My friends and I walked and wanted to sit in the bar area because it was very spacious and designed beautifully. Our server, Samantha, greeted us promptly and told us the specials. She also shared with us her favorite dishes - which we all ordered. I ordered the prime rib, which was cooked perfectly and seasoned well. My colleagues ordered the Spicy Apricot Chicken and the other ordered Surf & Turf (flat iron steak & prawns). Both dishes had excellent flavor and was the right portion. This was our favorite place from our trip.Special Features:
- jazzygirlDined on 10/13/2014Great food and spectacular service. The food was expertly prepared and looked as delicious as it tasted. We asked for a quieter spot to dine in as we had a number of hard of hearing diners and we got just what we asked for! I would recommend this restaurant to anyone wishing to have a great dining experience.Special Features:
- i give it a C+ over all.OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 10/11/2014Some parts of the food were really good and other parts of the food i was not able to force down. Stay away from the bloody mary and the white sauce on the fingerling potatoes. also, if you get there early prior to your reservation, they will not seat you. even if the place is a ghost town....cause that makes sense....Special Features:
- the3dsDined on 10/9/2014I wish I had our server's name. we had a business group - clients in from out of town. they loved it. we had reservations in the restaurant but decided to stay at our table in the bar and eat. our server was terrific! she did not hesitate when we asked if we could stay at our bar table for dinner and she provided us with great recommendations for meals.Special Features:
- Great experience!!YascaDined on 10/7/2014I brought my boyfriend for his birthday. Loved the food,service was great. Would go back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday Dinner for my wifeDickKDined on 10/5/2014This was our first time at Fire Lake. We came with a reference from our daughter. I am glad we did. Very unique appearance, in a good way. the menu has a wide range for all tastes. we stuck with steak. My wife had the Prime Rib which she raved about. The best she has had in a long time . I had the Buffalo Ribeye, Outstanding flavor. Joe was our Server. He was very pleasant and knowledgeable on the menu and very attentive to all of his clients. Some servers get too focused on one table and lose the others. We will come back again. I did see a number of entree's I would like to try.Special Features:
- Away from the bustle of the MOADebbieVIPDined on 9/30/2014The FireLake Grill House,which is the restaurant for the Radisson Blu Hotel located adjacent to the Mall of America, is a nice break from the busyness of the retail hub and usual mall restaurant options. It has a very cool vibe and energetic bar scene. I dined there after the stores closed and while a guest of the hotel. The full menu is available in the bar and has a wide range of options. The salads are available in smaller portions and combined with a cheese board, made for just the right meal. The variety of wines by the glass was better than average. I would definitely dine there again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Surprisingly good!OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 9/28/2014We've dined at this restaurant whenever we stay at the Radisson Blu off-and-on since it opened I believe April 2013. The food has been consistently good. We travel the world and Minneapolis has never had very good food. But this place does a really decent job. Definitely recommend. Extensive menu so you should be able to find something you like. Unless there's an event going on at the hotel, the restaurant is at least half empty. Decor/ambience is suitable for the midwest; dress I would say is casual upscale. Prices are very reasonable for the overall value offered. We are looking forward to returning in a few weeks.
- Were it not at a mall...DMossVIPDined on 9/20/2014What a gem of a place! The only negative experience was the traffic getting into the place. Mall traffic on a Saturday night, & a large wedding at the hotel = a lot of frustration. Luckily, our server was ready to get some drinks into us, and tell us about the menu. The lamb two ways was incredible, and when I mentioned that I was thinking about the Prime Rib because I love polenta, the server told me that it wouldn't be a problem to substitute. The wine list is impressive, and the service was spectacular. I'm definitely going back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful atmosphere!!!Lucky13Dined on 9/19/2014The service, food, drinks were all great! I would recommend Firelight to anyone who wants to relax and not worry about the cooking!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Return VisitHoppyVIPDined on 9/12/2014We enjoyed our second visit to FireLake and were very pleased with the service and the dinner. We enjoyed the salmon pastrami and the cheese pizza as well as a nice wine.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hidden Gem at the MOA!sumthinsweetDined on 9/12/2014We stopped here for a late lunch while at the mall as we heard good reviews and we were not disappointed. We had excellent service from Marianne who was attentive and provided us great tips on the menu. We enjoyed the lamb fritter, wild rice soup, flat iron steak frites, and rosemary rotisserie chicken. Everything was 5 stars.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hostess with the Mostess--NOTDelightedCustomerVIPDined on 9/11/2014Usually we have a great experience at FireLake, Bloomington. But this experience was jaded from beginning by Kayla, the hostess. I made OT reservations as we were coming in and she said 'since they just popped up, we'd have to wait' (excuse me aren't reservations, reservations regardless of when they were made???) then she would seat us where we wanted b/c she said there was no wait staff in that section. Imagine our shock, 5 minutes later, when another party was seated there. We then relayed the story to the manager who said he'd check on it--rather than 'make it right' he apologized and said he didn't which side to believe. NEWSFLASH---try believing your customers!!!Special Features:
- Customer dinerDwhitacreDined on 9/9/2014We enjoyed Dinner at Fire Lake. The food was very good. Dinner was not served simultaneously. Some in our party had to wait. We did not complain. However the restaurant brought out 4 different complimentary desserts and proactively commented on their oversight. It was a very nice touch. I would definitely return.Special Features:
- business dinnerCookieDined on 9/7/2014The food and service was great but the chairs are very uncomfortable and the ambience was very average. I highly recommend they replace the art deco chairs with low backs with something comfortable!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 9/6/2014It is a very nice restuarant. However, unless you get a booth, the tables are too close together thus you have very little privacy.
- Personal touchJimsDined on 9/5/2014We felt as though the service and food recommendations were personally tailored for us. The prices are very reasonable and the creations by their new pastry chef was outstanding!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- noreturnDined on 9/5/2014To many mistakes. . That was nice. Had a $50 gift certificate that I gave to the waitperson. Menu was ok but spendy. My wife loved her order but mine was a bit off. $24 for steak and fries was a bit much The steak was order Med-well. The steak was almost raw. A little char on the outside but totally raw inside. Some like not me. When the bill came they took off the appetizer because of that. I paid the bill but they forgot to take off the $50 gift certificate then they couldn't find it. Glad they finally found it. Not good. One thing I would change is sitting on the side of the tables that face the south windows can be very glaring and hard on the eyes. Shades would be nice . Probably will not go back unless I have another gift cert.Special Features:
- OkayCouple23Dined on 9/5/2014Came for an anniversary dinner. I would have preferred to keep the black char off my steak. Hubby's short ribs were tough and not so great, but he liked the marinade. The corn succotash lacked and the coleslaw flavorless. Fancy looking bottle of tap water, watress pours it for us,telling us it was tap water. It was lukewarm water. I had to ask for ice to add to it as we do prefer to drink water with our meal. Something made my stomach upset, grumbly the rest of my evening. If you're looking for a quick lunch, dinner while you're at the Blu, this would work, but I wouldn't come back here for a special occasion again.Special Features:
- Good Food, Slow ServiceSouthMplsResidentDined on 9/2/2014The food was very good, with some very unusual menu items (e.g., bone marrow), but some more expected dishes, too. The service was not only slow unbearably, but a bit snarky when responding to requests. The food came in a timely way, but the waiter all but disappeared for large segments of time. Dinner took us 2 hours, not my choice. We received the bill, after asking for it, about 30-40 minutes later than we would have wanted it delivered.Special Features:
- Anniversary SurpriseWBLDahlsDined on 8/29/2014We planned to try Fire Lake after seeing the chef on a local show. We tried the new Radisson Blu for or 15th wedding anniversary, and decided to try the restaurant and cocktail bar as well. We had a fantastic meal, great service and spectacular attention to detail. It made our anniversary a special surprise as a result. We recommend it to any of our foodie friends, of particular delight was the bison marrow starter. The wine pairing suggestions were spot on, and pulled the meal together.Special Features:
- Always a pleasureDeeSVIPDined on 8/22/2014Great Dining away from bustle of MOA. Nice wine list. Enthusiastic knowledgeable servers.Special Features:
- Ralph from ChicagoIncredibleDined on 8/21/2014This is not your typical mediocre hotel restaurant. I enjoyed four meals at Fire Lake. All were exceptionally prepared. Don't miss the corn crusted walleye and the very special pork chop. Omelettes at breakfast are incredible. Greeters and servers were friendly, knowledgable and attentive. The greeter even remembered me by name upon my second visit. Fire Lake may just easily be the best of the 50 food spots in the Mall of America.Special Features:
- Creative menu!VANB1Dined on 8/19/2014This was a business dinner and client loved it. Cocktails are unusual and delicious. Small plates and seasonal menu were terrific. The Heirloom tomato salad was fantastic! Our server was great - made helpful recommendations. It's the best fine dining experience at Mall of America for sure but worthy of going even if you are not going to shop.Special Features:
- AmazingMMinMinnesotaDined on 8/15/2014My wife and I typically don't do fine dining a lot. But we chose this restaurant for our anniversary. Boy we were not disappointed. Other than a short wait at the hosts stand to be seated. We were greeted professionally and seated promptly. Our server was excellent and the food was awesome. We ordered the trio fries, lamb duet (highly recommended) and salted Carmel panini. We definitely would come back.Special Features:
- Layers of Flavors12enjoyDined on 8/14/2014This restaurant is definitely for those guests that enjoy a flavor experience. My taste buds were excited from the first bite of burger with bacon jam and oxtail shred to the last bite of the french fry dipped in homemade ketchup!Special Features:
- First timeRaeNOTrayDined on 8/11/2014Dinner and service was great. They sure do love their glass water bottles, I'm not a big fan of warm water, so it wasn't my thing. Dessert was very disappointing. The description Dark Chocolate S'Morestart w/house made marshmallows and smoked caramel sauce sounded very interesting. They went to dark with the chocolate and the tart was dry and lacked flavor. The marshmallow which looked awesome was also lacking sugar, the caramel sauce helped, but wasn't much to talk about. Maybe put in a little dash of sea salt with the marshmallow or choc and bring down the cocoa to 60% vs. 80-90%. If we decide to have dessert, we want a little SUGAR and it to be outstanding.
- Enjoyed all!CareenedDined on 8/8/2014We had two fabulous meals here:one dinner and one breakfast. It was also our son's 8th birthday, and the servers went over the top to treat him. We will definitely return the next time we visit MOA.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/3/2014Truly impressed with the amnience of the whole hotel- first time here. Would definately come back for the bar scene and dinner.Special Features:
- Nice ambiance but needs improvementkaydinesoutVIPDined on 7/25/2014Had read many reports of terrible service, but ours was okay. Surprisingly our server brought us a complimentary dessert and apologized for the slow service. Perhaps they are trying to placate people who complain and so give a free dessert to everyone. Our server was fine but wasn't warm or friendly. Nice ambiance but rated it fair because the orange chairs are very uncomfortable - they can't be leaned back on because you end up back at a 45 degree angle. Each tried a different salad and each was bland. We could hardly taste the dressing because the greens were wet. Walleye cake/burger and sauce were good. Liked that the menu had many local/state food items, e.g, walleye.
- Not What I ExpectedSouthMetroFoodieDined on 7/25/2014Went during Restaurant Week and had a nice time, but could've gotten a lot more for the money elsewhere. My husband had the brisket - very thinly sliced (reminded me of a Philly Cheesesteak sandwich) and came with fries and (weird) coleslaw. I was up for trying something new so I had the Gnudi. It was OK - nothing to write home about. The salmon on top was wonderfully seasoned and cooked. Dessert was an ice cream Panini thing made out of cake which sounds like a neat idea, but it made the cake crunchy. I was also disappointed they don't serve bread at the table but of course you're welcome to purchase an order of popovers (which we did and they were good). Back to Tavern on France as our go-to for excellent food and (surprising) value!Special Features: