Firegrill - Downtown
Montreal, QC H3A 1P7Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: CAN$30 and under
Firegrill - Downtown
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.firegrill.com/
- Phone: 514-842-0020x
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Thursday: 11am - 11pm.
Friday: 11am - 12am.
Saturday 12pm - 12am.
Sunday: 12pm - 11pm.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Steakhouse, Southern
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Firegrill - Downtown
Quality is the sum of hundreds of details. Some are small, many are subtle, but none are unimportant. The bottom line is pleasing the customer. The open kitchen is where the magic happens every time you come for lunch or supper. Using the freshest and finest ingredients, our cuisine is based on tastes that are ever evolving and reflect the influence of a variety of cultures not to mention the flavors of our city. Patrons can enjoy perfectly aged steak grilled to perfection, succulent ribs basked in mesquite B.B.Q. sauce, or try our daily fresh fish, followed by any of our irresistible desserts.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Lunch
Firegrill - Downtown - Best Restaurants in Montreal ›
Firegrill - Downtown reviews from OpenTable diners
46 reviews since June 26, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelModerate
good for groups (16)great for lunch (14)special occasion (13)fit for foodies (11)notable wine list (8)late-night find (7)romantic (6)hot spot (6)kid-friendly (6)vibrant bar scene (5)neighborhood gem (5)great for outdoor dining (4)Show More
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/16/2014NOUS AVONS BIEN AIMÉ LE REPAS ET LE SERVICE. NOUS APPRÉCIONS D'AVOIR LE STATIONNEMENT GRATUITEMENT PRÈS DU RESTAURANT.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- It was our anniversary.RibsnobibsDined on 10/15/2014We enjoyed our 1st visit to your restaurant and it definitely won't be our last. We were pleased with our choices of food and even more pleased with the portion sizes.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SatisfiedNiqitsiaqDined on 10/10/2014Felt good about visiting this place as soon as I walked in the door. Felt even better while walking out the door after the meal. I will eat here again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great steak!!!!!Ajm1983Dined on 10/4/2014Great steak house. Amazing service. Very reasonable prices for quality of the food. Would recommend this place for anyone who loves steak.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Classic American steakhouseLeDeenoeDined on 10/2/2014Nothing else to say. Great meat, staff is very friendly and acknowledagble. Tad loud, but less than other steakhouses in the area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FoodsdfvDined on 10/2/2014The food is not very fresh, a lot of room for improvement.Special Features:
- a Worthy experienceSmarty1959Dined on 9/24/2014food was good. Beers are fantastic. very helpful staffSpecial Features:
- Good for Business lunch and dinnermariDined on 9/22/2014We enjoyed the evening with our co-workers and our out of town guest. FireGrill is highly recommended. I especially enjoy your special $5 martini nights.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- belle soirée au FiregrillMissDined on 9/13/2014Très bon service, belle ambiance et très belle et bonne assiette. Menu variété mais surtout pour amateurs de viandes. Je vous le recommande grandement.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for familiesKateatehereDined on 8/22/2014Awesom service nice waiters very helpful - great for all - took 45 years down to 9 - including teens and twenties - delicious and great fun good family ambience - reasonable prices with very decent food - very American feelSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hot Spotlinz49Dined on 8/16/2014We enjoyed our time at the Firegrill on Saturday night. The food was quite good, and so were the drinks. It was extremely busy with what appeared to be bachelor parties, which I had not anticipated. That meant it was extremely loud, crowded and slower service. The waiter did a great job considering the large groups he was waiting on (we were only 4 people), but we still found we were unattended a few times. Luckily he was quite friendly and fun :)Special Features:
- Worst service ever! But great food.OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/9/2014Took 25mins for someone to even come to our table and acknowledge our existence. We were given cold stale buns that probably came from another table. There were 3 of is at the table... But only cutlery for 2 and wine glasses for 2. We had to ask for cutlery after we had received out food. For such a fancy reatuarant you'd think they'd give you good service. Was not impressed at all with the service.!
- Nice quiet dinnerTracyDined on 7/6/2014We ate at Firegrill at 5:00 p.m., so we were ahead of any dinner crowd that might materialize later in the evening. At that hour, we were one of only three tables, so it was nice and quiet and the staff was attentive. Food was very good; waitstaff was very polite.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 7/4/2014My girlfriend and I had dinner on Saturday, July 3rd. We were seated in the bar area by a window which was fine as we could see what was going on outside while we ate. Our server was okay but a couple of things she did were not up to the standards that I would have expected from Firegrill. When she took our order she did not write anything down and had to ask a couple of times for us to tell her again what we wanted or how we wanted something cooked. This did not inspire a high degree of confidence that we were going to get what we ordered the way we ordered it. I also had to ask her for bread. When our food came out my girlfriends was perfect but mine was overcooked. I ordered my steak medium rare and it was medium well.
- Better value elsewhere.RoleplayahhDined on 7/4/2014I had tried the one in Ville St-Laurent when it opened and it was pretty good. In this case the steak tasted watery in the middle and didn't have enough seasoning and at the price they ask it should have been better. I could have made a better steak at home. The sauteed mushrooms and fries were good though. I'd rather pay more at The Keg and be far more satisfied with my meal. I could have sent it back but I really hate to waste food.
- too expensiveHungryDined on 6/27/2014I had 2 apps and a cocktail and cost me 35$ before tip. There are far better restaurants in the area.
- The following 280 reviews are from the Firegrill - Downtown reviews archive.
- Best calamari ever!Luv2eatDined on 6/7/2014Service was fast, plus it was Grand Prix weekend! Food was amazing! Great spot to have dinner with that special someone. Prices where a bit pricey but considering it was down town I guess it's expected. I'm not sure if it was special Grand Prix pricing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Average food quality.OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/7/2014Far to overpriced for what is delivered. The location is great and the ambience is not bad but the food quality is merely mediocre.
- Excellent Service and FoodvchelseaDined on 6/3/2014Fast, quick service at a birthday dinner. The prime rib is out of this world. Pasta was cooked perfectly and sauce was very nice, but was slightly expensive ($26 for seafood linguini with a handful pieces of shrimp and scallops). Would come back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and serviceTravelerabouttownDined on 5/31/2014Steak cooked as ordered. Great tasting steaks. Even better service.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Carne molto buonaGigiDined on 5/30/2014Carne di ottima qualità. Buona la scelta. Ristorante posizionato in centro.Special Features:
- Rib diner special was well pricedStanleyCupDined on 5/27/2014Had the rib diner included salad and desert. The bar scene 5a7 was expected. They validated indoor parking across the street.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect dinner after showJujubeDined on 4/26/2014Food good service good perfect parking great great greatSpecial Features:
- great placeOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/24/2014This is a great place for groups and the food is great. Servers were very pleasant and polite. Would definitely return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great dinner, good valueMarcoDined on 4/18/2014The entrees were great (calamari rings and ceasar salads). The New York cut steak was cooked perfectly. Great value for the price (if you can resist getting too many cocktails hehe). Waiters are very polite and professional.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good steak, fair pricethundermonkDined on 4/5/2014The food was pretty good. For the price, I would have expected a slightly higher quality in the steak cut I ordered. I ended up with a New York steak with portebello sauce. It was good, and cooked medium-rare, just as I had ordered, but the meat piece was a bit stiff. I would have expected a nicer cut. All in all, 100$ for two, with wine, drinks and desserts. Pretty good price for what we ended up having. The overall dining experience was good. Service was fantastic, and the ambiance is perfect for a couple wanting to have some time away. They have a nice outdoor patio, but the weather was a bit cold for us to try it that night. This is a good restaurant, and I would recommend it to anyone looking for decent food downtown Montreal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Place for a Great Lunchblondie25Dined on 4/4/2014We went as a group of 4 and sat in a nice booth. The service was fast and friendly and the food was excellent. The spinach dip is a must try! So delicious. Great place for a casual lunch. Would highly recommend.Special Features:
- great lunch spot!luncherDined on 3/28/2014I love Firegrill, and they are great at getting you your food quickly so you can go on your lunch break! Always great tasting and a decent value.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great for get-togethersfoodloverDined on 3/22/2014Our group had a great time, service was excellent, food was amazing and the price was right. Looking forward to going back again soon! Forgot to ask for my point though. Oh well, next time!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- YummyHumboDined on 3/9/2014It was really good meat and sides. Love the spinach dip! I would definitely go backSpecial Features:
- Great food but a bit priceyOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/27/2014I found the steak great as well as the fries but def what we ordered was a bit pricey!! And def was good but a bit overpricedSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Enjoyed every morselPrimeRibHeavenDined on 2/16/2014My wife, (19mo daughter) & I stopped here on our first ever trip to Montreal from Upstate New York. And I can say that we couldn't have been more satisfied. We each had a cocktail along with Calimari for an appetizer. The Calimari was fresh and light tasting and not overbreaded like most places. Our waitress was great and very attentive. She quickly brought our drinks and some warm bread which was delicious. I ordered the 18oz Prime Rib and my wife got the New York Goat Cheese & Portobello Steak. I also added the Grilled Jumbo Scallops. We ordered our daughter the chicken strips & fries from the kids menu. It was great that the waitress knew enough to bring my daughter's food out with our salads so she wouldn't have to wait.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fine evening outDimitryDined on 2/15/2014Overall we had a good experience. We had had lunch there in the past and all was excellent. This time was in the evening and the only drawbacks were that the baked potato was hard in the center and the prime rib was not tender although the flavor was first rate. The key lime pie was excellent. The salad with grilled shrimp was superb as was the service. The house red wine was outstandingSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very expensive and small portionDeceptionDined on 2/13/2014We went for lunch and were very disapointed. My husband ordered the ribs and the portion was really small. Moreover, it is served with only one side. He chose the cold slaw. So for 30$ he got a small rack of ribs and a minuscule portion of slaw. We will never go back there.
- Comfortable banquettes, attentiveFoodieMNMDined on 2/6/2014Comfortable banquettes, attentive service, nice decor, lots of light and very roomy. The table d'hôte had good choices.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- mpgoodtimerDined on 1/30/2014pricy for what it is, zero presentation, my steak was blue instead of medium rare.Special Features:
- DisappointedTonyaVIPDined on 1/10/2014The service was good. Steaks were tough to eat and very expensive. Calamari , salads and chocolate mousse were good.Special Features:
- Good dinnerMarcoDined on 1/10/2014Good burget and great chicken plate. Nice music and ambience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Typical downtown restaurantaxman13Dined on 1/3/2014Prices were not exceptionally high, but for the amount I paid, I expected significantly better service. Food was fine: nothing special, and a better culinary experience could be had for far less. All in all, a typical downtown restaurant for tourists and business meetings.Special Features:
- EnjoyedyummyeaterDined on 1/2/2014Supper. mom and another friend (senior). Staff courteous and helpful. I had seafood (scallops and shrimp, recommended), mom enjoyed her pasta, friend enjoyed his salmon. Portions very decent. Not cheap and not outrageous (I'm a big bring your own wine person so I'm kinda cheap usually, I found the prices high for me but definitely typical of a nice place like this). Great looking dining room. Mom found it kind of dark but she lives with florescent lights all over her house so hey, maybe she is just nuts?Special Features: