Firefly Tapas Kitchen & Bar West Sahara
9560 W Sahara Ave
Las Vegas, NV 89117Neighborhood:
Tapas / Small PlatesPrice: $30 and under
Firefly Tapas Kitchen & Bar West Sahara
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.fireflylv.com/
- Phone: 7028343814x
- Hours of Operation:
Monday-Thursday: 11:30 AM-11:00 PM
Friday: 11:30 AM-12:00 AM
Saturday: 11:00 AM-12:00 AM
Sunday: 10:00 AM-11:00 PM
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Tapas / Small Plates
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Tapas are perfect for light or heavy grazing, sit-down or cocktail parties. Large groups can be accommodated at the restaurant in the dining room, bar, lounge, private room or outdoor patio. Off-premises, carry-out, or delivery is also available for larger parties...
- Private Party Facilities: Choose from our packages, or customize your own event to include items from our current menu, full waitstaff, decorations, and anything else you might need. Contact us for your wedding, bachelor/ bachelorette party, graduation, or any other special event.
- Private Party Contact: Regina Simmons 8883384858
- Special Events: We have a private room that holds up to 30 people, and you can decorate, will have a private bar.
A word from Firefly Tapas Kitchen & Bar West Sahara
Firefly* Tapas Kitchen and Bar is a unique dining experience in Las Vegas. We feature a variety of "tapas", the small, flavorful dishes from Spain. Our tapas menu is eclectic and fun, consisting of dozens of different dishes. Choose from our many hot and cold plates to assemble a multi course feast or order in waves and share to enjoy as many flavors as possible.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Firefly Tapas Kitchen & Bar West Sahara reviews from OpenTable diners
8 reviews since June 4, 2014
- Ambiance4.9Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (6)good for groups (4)special occasion (3)neighborhood gem (3)hot spot (3)great for brunch (2)great for outdoor dining (2)great for lunch (2)late-night find (2)romantic (1)vibrant bar scene (1)Show More
- AwesomeOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/16/2014The Service (Dylan) was Fantastic and so was the food and drinks!!! A must for everyone!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently goodNancyBVIPDined on 6/13/2014We've visited Firefly multiple times and always enjoy the experience. Among our favorite dishes are the dates, the apple Manchego salad, the stuffed peppers, and well, everything really! Great, friendly service too!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 222 reviews are from the Firefly Tapas Kitchen & Bar West Sahara reviews archive.
- foodfight808Dined on 5/24/2014food is great! lots of fabulous choices...took family for the first time and they absolutely loved it. got to go back to try other dishes... even the desserts were good too. everyone has to try it at least once!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- deliciousphotogDined on 4/20/2014Flavorful and good, and it was nice to be able to order each individual part of my meal. The warm spinach salad was particularly good, and so was the tuna on a skewer with mango. The only disappointment was the wine, not memorable, whch is a little odd because there are many spanish wines that are quite good.Special Features:
- Not as expectedLaLvNyDined on 4/13/2014I've been to the other two Firefly locations and have always had great food but this location left much to be desired. We didn't eat more than a few bites of each plate because it was difficult to stomach. The chicken empanadas had a sauce on them that tasted like sour cream gone bad. The chicken skewers were covered in over cooked veggies and something that tasted like alfredo sauce (gross.) The french fries tasted like old grease and to top it all off I had recommended this place to my sis and friend in town and they were so disappointed - made me look like I have no taste. I would never go back here and probably not visit the other locations either. I also heard that this location was on Bar Rescue, if that isn't a red flag too.
- New experienceSjcjoVIPDined on 4/4/2014Went on a Friday night about 6:30. Parking was difficult. Had a reservation and were seated right away. Lots of food choices, most dishes came out quickly. A bit on the loud side for me.Special Features:
- perfect tapasOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 3/29/2014great evening with friends! We sampled several cold and hot tapas all of them delicious. We also had the chicken paella which I highly recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently goodNancyBVIPDined on 3/15/2014After making my third trip to Firefly I can report that there isn't anything I've tried that wasn't delicious. The bacon wrapped dates are not to be missed, and the apple and Manchego salad was simple but fantastic. Good wine list and service too. This place is definitely going to merit many return trips.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The first time we tired FireflyBGannivDined on 3/15/2014The first time we tired Firefly it was because it was in our new neighborhood. The food was great, they modified a couple of things due to a food allergy. The service is good but a bit slow, so sit back and enjoy your drink and company. We went back with friends about two weeks later and enjoyed it again. Love this place.Special Features:
- deliciousc3poDined on 3/14/2014waiter was nice, but busy so service was ok. overall lovely evening, though.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Out of the 6 tapas we ordered,sarvilleDined on 3/9/2014Out of the 6 tapas we ordered, I found 3 of them too greasy. They were fried foods, however, I've had the same in other places and did not have that nauseating greasy feeling after. The other foods we ordered were OK. Would still come back, interesting menu but will stay away from the fried items. The 3 fried items we had...calamari, tempura and empanada.Special Features:
- Eclectic & fun but neglectful staffshnazychicDined on 2/23/2014I am a big fan of this place. The food is fantastic, great drinks and the atmosphere is really cool. My only complaint is the service is sporadic. When we arrived, the server was right there, but as the night progressed, it was harder to get things. At one point, my friend started coughing really bad and needed some water, but we couldn't get anyone. There was even a manager standing less than 10ft away and she did nothing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great StaffbackuslawDined on 2/22/2014We asked about a wine with a grape we had never had before. The young waiter indicated he would check to see what the wine was about, since he had not personally tried it. He actually searched the wine on Google and came back with an abundance of details about the wine and we shared it with him. His name is Dustin, a phenomenal waiter for Firefly. The wine if you are interested was a blend of mouvedre and cabernet sauvignon, Spanish, yummy, fruit forward, bold. It was a 2009 El Nido Jumilla Clio.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A favoriteSusieGDined on 2/21/2014My husband and I love it here -- stumbled on it when we first moved here and now it is a favorite lunch date spot. A little noisy at night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The paella itself is worth the tripfirsttimerDined on 2/14/2014We went here for Valentines Day because it was the only place with open reservations. To our surprise, this was the best choice. The tapas were delicious. We had the chorizo with chicken stuffed mushroom, the skewers, the salad, and a seafood paella. I have tried homemade Spanish paella and this one did not disappoint me at all. Everything was delicious! The servers are very busy but very attentive and always checking up on you. Excellent service and overall experience. I look forward to going again soon! It is a delicious and affordable choice for any occasion really.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FireFly is awesome!NenitaDined on 2/12/2014The food, the ambience, the service, it's all great. There's so many delicious options and the prices are great too!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- love the food. The experienceHAPPYDined on 2/8/2014love the food. The experience was great and the service was wonderful. Will be going back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great date nightOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 1/31/2014Went here for Friday date night! We had reservations, but not sure we needed them. We were seated promptly and the waiter took drink orders right away. We got the Mini meatballs, stuffed peppers, steak and mushroom skewers, lamb chops, petit filet and the tempura shrimp. Everything was cooked to order and tasted great as usual.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great tapas!familybirthdayDined on 1/30/2014Excellent food. Flavors very authentic. Served us slowly as requested so we could enjoy each plate. Server was attentive and polite. Very good experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never disappointsyumfinderDined on 1/10/2014Firefly has become one of my go-to food spots. Great food. Great drinks. They have a little something for just about all tastes. Also live that they are willing to alter/customize dishes to be allergy friendly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Overpriced Wine-Hit or Miss ServicePaulDined on 1/2/2014Just know going into it that you can get the same bottle of wine for less than 1/3 the price (i.e. $68 bottle there, $19 at the wine store down the street). They know this and readily admit that their markup on wine is more than 300%. The service is hit or miss. I've had great service but I've also been seated outside and sat for 30 minutes before I went inside to get someone to attend to us.
- Wife's birthdayRudyPuDined on 12/18/2013Group of 7 for my wife's birthday. Josh, our server, was very attentive. Firefly Fries and Stuffed Dates are always good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent DinningOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 12/15/2013My guest and I really enjoyed our dinning experience at the Firefly located in the Northwest. The atmosphere, the food, and service were all excellent!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tapas that are truly TapasLtnvnlvDined on 12/7/2013The menu for Tapas here is extensive and the selection of items definitely have the ingredients and flavor of true Spanish Tapas...things like Manchego cheese, bouquerones, octopus.....There is however a section for everything so you can have meat, fish or vegetable Tapas, making this a great place to take a group with varying tastes and dietary habits. I have been here several times and never had anything I did not like. Dishes are well prepared, expertly seasoned and well presented.Special Features:
- Glad Firefly is back in the game!JaneKadDined on 11/29/2013We had a great dinner at Firefly. You can't beat their stuffed dates. The food was dilivered in a timely manner and hot. I really enjoy the tapas. We will go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Worth getting off the strip!512EaterVIPDined on 11/22/2013Firefly has a large menu so there should be no problem finding things to order. You'll likely end up ordering too much because you feel the need to try so many interesting things.Special Features:
- Just OKMickDined on 11/17/2013Server was attentive and engaging. Food was on bland side & not the kind of Tapas variety I'm used to.
- First timerimgoingmobileDined on 11/2/2013Plates are delicious and the prices are great. Fifty bucks for two people including a bottle of wine...yes, it the cheapo wine, but the food was great.Special Features:
- Amazing find1trkpnyDined on 10/28/2013This tapas restaurant rivals the tapas bars I have been to in Barcelona and Madrid. Absolutely outstanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Terrific Tapas!divaliciousVIPDined on 9/26/2013In addition to great Tapas, service here was superb. Can't wait to try more stuff on the extensive menu!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Had a great birthday meal here!AnneDined on 9/20/2013We were seated promptly even though we were about ten minutes late for our reservation. The wait staff was very nice and took our order quickly. The first round of tapas was a little slow coming out, but soon after everything arrived quickly and we had a great rhythm of finishing a plate just as the next one was set at the table. The food was fantastic, especially the famous bacon-wrapped dates and the manchengo mac n cheese. Our waiter Alfredo made sure to come by to see if we wanted anything else before Happy Hour ended. My boyfriend mentioned I was a birthday girl (not prompted by me) and they ended our night there with a complimentary flan. It was all around a great night and I look forward to going there again soon!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- something for everyonefirstimerDined on 9/15/2013We were warmly welcomed, and our first experience at Firefly brightened from there. Our server appeared almost immediately with a deliscious bread basket and set the stage for a great dining experience. These folks really know how it's done! Our group selected multiple tapas and found them all exceptionally flavorfull. The standouts were the babyback ribs, Patatas Bravas, Albondigas, Camarones A La Diabla and Petite Filet. We selected the Red Spartkling Sangria, which was excellent. First-timers shouldn't be intimidated by the menu item titles---the desciptions are detailed, making selection quite easy. Service was warm and professional, food and drink excellent and the price reasonable. We are looking forward to our next Firefly visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great PlacecosmiaaafoodDined on 8/28/2013My experience on my birthday here was truly amazing, the food was great as well as the service and the feel and Ora of the room was very welcoming and fun.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our vacation MUST EAT4everHoneymoonersDined on 8/13/2013We come to Vegas once a year and we love to eat at Firefly. There is something to satisfy everyone's tastebuds.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just PerfectVegasDiningDined on 8/9/2013Everything was excellent. I happened to mention that I'm allergic to mushrooms, and when we ordered something that didn't say it had mushrooms in it, our waiter remembered and pointed this out to us. He also made great recommendations. The food was delicious, the service was spot on, and the prices were fair. Highly recommended!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Kept Secret in VegasfoodiemamaDined on 8/5/2013By far, this was the best restaurant experience I have had in Las Vegas. The food was nothing short of spectacular. There was not a bite I did not ooh and ahh over, nor a drop left on my plate. I was with a large group so we were quite a lot to handle; the waiter was phenomenal. I cannot say enough good things about my experience. I will be raving about this place to everyone who will listen!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- group diningOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/10/2013I enjoyed the service at FireFly. The occasion was for s birthday party and did a great job accommodating everyone. The food was amazing and cooked to perfection. Everyone enjoyed themselves the noise level was energetic and upbeat. Highly recommend FireFly for any occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Went back for secondsOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 6/28/2013We stayed near Summerlin while visiting Vegas for a week. We went to Firefly for dinner the first night and enjoyed it so much we went back again. Everything we ate was wonderful! We absolutely will be back the next time we are in Vegas.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food & serviceGTVegasDined on 6/28/2013We were a party of 5, received excellent service, very attentive and friendly. The food was very good, nothing outstanding but the prices were reasonable. We would definitely go again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect for date night!BoxerloverDined on 6/14/2013My boyfriend & I love this spot! Although it's easy to rack up a $100 bill between the two of us, the food keeps us coming back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.