Firefly - Studio City
11720 Ventura Blvd
Studio City, CA 91505Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
Firefly - Studio City
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://fireflystudiocity.com/
- Phone: 8187621833
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 2:00am, Sunday: 5:00pm - 1:00am.
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Paul Shoemaker
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cocktails, Counter Seating, Farm to Table, Fireplace, Full Bar, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Smoking Area, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Firefly - Studio City
In January 2002 Firefly Restaurant opened, one of Studio City’s most unique and respected dining and drinking establishments. Firefly seamlessly melds refined and rustic, vintage and contemporary. The "Library”, the bar, the outdoor dining and multiple patios offers a space that is warm and inviting, comfortable yet lively. We embody the sophistication of a fine dining restaurant and the personality of a neighborhood establishment.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Firefly - Studio City reviews from OpenTable diners
21 reviews since June 3, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
romantic (12)great for outdoor dining (10)special occasion (10)fit for foodies (9)neighborhood gem (5)vibrant bar scene (5)hot spot (4)good for groups (2)great for brunch (1)late-night find (1)notable wine list (1)Show More
- Great atmosphere and wonderful foodDuplexVIPDined on 9/23/2014It was great and the food was wonderful. If I had to make any negative comments I would say that the lighting is quite quite dark difficult to read the menu and the portion size are quite small and every dishSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- luvgoodfood...OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 9/21/2014Place was nice, good service all around, food is a little skimpy and overpriced. Left the restaurant and headed for another restaurant for more solid food. If you are hungry, eat something before you dine here.Special Features:
- JeffLfromTODined on 9/20/2014Great testing food, unreasonably expensive and none of it other than the bread was ample. The bread and accoutrements were excellent.Special Features:
- Nice experience, but not stellarFiLADined on 9/20/2014I took my partner here for dinner to celebrate his birthday and the ambience was just what I was looking for - romantic but not too pretentious or stuffy. The farm to table type of food seemed right up our alley, however, for the price and portions, we weren't impressed (we had the fig salad (nothing special), gnocchi (this was the best dish and was really good) and seafood risotto (something was off, and overly flavored). Our server was nice and very attentive even though she got sat a few tables right after one another. Overall, we still had a nice experience because of the environment and service but we probably won't be back anytime soon.Special Features:
- ewokDined on 9/20/2014Wonderful experience. Atmosphere and service were really excellent. Food was also excellent. Will go back againSpecial Features:
- RomanticOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/19/2014My hubby and I went there for his bday and had a nice time. It's def more casual then we thought, some people even in their shorts and tshirts, but the bull had nice tops and jeans or dresses on. The food was good, def different and a lot of foam if you like that. The drinks were great and out waitress was very good in describing them for us. Overall a good time but not sure if I'll go back anytime soon.Special Features:
- DisappointingWorldwideDinerVIPDined on 9/14/2014I've been a fan of Firefly for many years but hadn't had the opportunity to visit in a while. This most recent visit was quite disappointing...the prices went up, the portions are much smaller, the service was incredibly slow & overall it was a huge disappointment based upon what Firefly had been in past visits.
- DellaDined on 9/12/2014Way too loud. Made a reservation for 10:00 didn't get seated until 11:00. Food very good. Too noisy on the weekends.. My mistake.Special Features:
- DissapointingBirthdaygirlDined on 9/7/2014Saw photos and reviews of Firefly and decided to try it for my birthday. While the food was good (not, great) and the atmosphere very nice, overall I can't say it was worth the price. The menu was limited, portions were almost ridiculously sparse, the patio area sultry (no a/c or fans that I could see) and although the servers were very pleasant, the service itself was spotty. Best thing about the evening was the ice cream cone with little silver pearls for desert. If not for the bread and desert, I think everyone would have left hungry. Don't mind paying for a good dinner but I felt overcharged and will not be back.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/29/2014No good entre options for vegetarians. In fact, maybe none at all? Chef did a veggie pasta plate that was way too salty and dominated by pearl onions, which is not the kind of vegetable that works well as a main fuel in an entree. Seasoning, yes. But there were no other significant veggies, except onions. Not satisfying.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/23/2014The space is very cool, but the pricing is way off for a valley location. The food was okay, but not as good as the price point would suggest. I was also disappointed we had to wait a half hour before someone asked us what we'd like to drink. I was on a date, so it was a little embarrassing.
- Great service!OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 8/20/2014Food was very good, and service was even better! Not typical a contemporary and "hot" restaurant has good service, but Firefly breaks the mold in that area!Special Features:
- love this placepsg14Dined on 8/17/2014My third time, always special occasions. Never disappoints. Great new seasonal menu and wonderful service.Special Features:
- The following 0 reviews are from the Firefly - Studio City reviews archive.