Firefly - Studio City
11720 Ventura Blvd
Studio City, CA 91505Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
Firefly - Studio City
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://fireflystudiocity.com/
- Phone: (818) 762-1833
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 2:00am, Sunday: 5:00pm - 1:00am.
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Paul Shoemaker
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cocktails, Counter Seating, Farm to Table, Fireplace, Full Bar, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Smoking Area, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Firefly - Studio City
In January 2002 Firefly Restaurant opened, one of Studio City’s most unique and respected dining and drinking establishments. Firefly seamlessly melds refined and rustic, vintage and contemporary. The "Library”, the bar, the outdoor dining and multiple patios offers a space that is warm and inviting, comfortable yet lively. We embody the sophistication of a fine dining restaurant and the personality of a neighborhood establishment.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerRomantic
Firefly - Studio City - Best Restaurants in Studio City ›
Firefly - Studio City reviews from OpenTable diners
51 reviews since July 27, 2014
- Ambiance4.6Noise LevelModerate
romantic (36)great for outdoor dining (28)special occasion (27)fit for foodies (27)vibrant bar scene (20)neighborhood gem (19)good for groups (16)hot spot (15)late-night find (11)notable wine list (5)scenic view (2)great for brunch (1)great for lunch (1)kid-friendly (1)Show More
- Nice place!luv2dineDined on 11/8/2014About 30 friends and I had a celebration at Firefly. Everybody had a great night. Staff was friendly and service was amazing!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent experienceBoomerDined on 11/8/2014Very impressive menu. The chef has put a lot of thought and talent into these dishes. Flavors and combinations that were amazing.One of the best dining experiences I've ever had. Great service as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome experiencelovefoodDined on 11/1/2014Went there last weekend with friends. Made reservations and mentioned that it was our first time there. They gave us a cabana style table, what a nice surprise!!!! The staff was impeccable from the moment we walked in. The food was not only presented beautifully, it was delish. Hightly recommend and am looking forward to going backSpecial Features:
- No goodNothxDined on 11/1/2014B/c farm to table, the real menu (VERY limited) was very different from the menu posted online. It wasn't noted anywhere on the website that could be the case. The portions were SO small. The menu described the salmon entree-- said it came with brusselsprouts. There were about 6 halves of Brusselsprouts (about 3 total). The halibut (described as coming with spinach) had about 5 spinach leaves around it. It's not just about the small portions -- the food wasn't even tasty, enjoyable. The desserts were horrible -- the options were basically different flavored ice cream/sorbet. The coffee was cold and burnt. It was a VERY disappointing meal. And a total waste of money.
- A GemLike2chatDined on 10/31/2014Totally unique, classy, pretty, we'll run, spectacular food and ambiance. Great service as wellSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ChefBrandon26Dined on 10/27/2014Food was little pricy for portion size also little under seasoned I loved the idea of the dishes they offer just need to be Execute better!! Beautiful restaurant maybe I'll give it a try again!!Special Features:
- OH SO romantic spotJaneyDined on 10/21/2014Excellent execution of food on your plate. Service is fast and servers are very friendly and well attentive on your needs. Food has a unique twist on each dish that i had especially the Unagi risotto. I will definitely come back to taste more.Special Features:
- One of the Best on the ValleyFilmSaavyVIPDined on 10/20/2014The San Fernando Valley is a wasteland when it comes to great bars and restaurants, but every now and then a gem like Firefly pops up and lessens my aversion to living here. The decor is perfect (I love the library bar) and the food exceptional. Phil, the mixologist in the back, makes a mean barrel-aged Bourbon Old Fashioned, as well as a tasty Congac Sidecar. I've had the salmon (cooked to perfection), New York Steak, Gnocchi and free range chicken. All wonderfully prepared and served by a delightful (and non invasive) waitstaff. There are two bars (a traditional long bar in the entry with plenty of standing room and a smaller, more intimate bar in the back) and plenty of dark little nooks for a romantic evening. I love this place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely but expensiveRaylafVIPDined on 10/12/2014This was a great find but very expensive. There should be more moderate wine choices. Food was very good and ambiance was suprisingly enjoyable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 10/6/2014My only complaint is that the restaurant is too dark.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Unique and awesomenutmeggDined on 10/3/2014Our table in the dimly-lit dining room was very private and intimate. The four of us all had exquisite dishes - each of us loved our meals. They were all unique and special. It was a great way to celebrate a birthday, and we will definitely be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OMGAndiamoDined on 10/2/2014Amazing dinner from the time we were greeted at the front door to the time we walked out. Servers and staff all smiles! Was over the top. I had UNI tossed in housemade pasta! The best. We od'd on the horsduerves (sp). FIREFLY has jumped to the next level with the new CHEF. The tastes were amazing. The staff looked so happy and enjoying what they were doing unlike so many dining spots these days. Something has happened at your restaurant and it is so good! Thank you for a wonderful evening. To all the foodies that are reading our review. I would recommend going on a weeknight which was busy but the weekend must be crazy busy!Special Features:
- Great atmosphere and wonderful foodDuplexVIPDined on 9/23/2014It was great and the food was wonderful. If I had to make any negative comments I would say that the lighting is quite quite dark difficult to read the menu and the portion size are quite small and every dishSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- luvgoodfood...OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 9/21/2014Place was nice, good service all around, food is a little skimpy and overpriced. Left the restaurant and headed for another restaurant for more solid food. If you are hungry, eat something before you dine here.Special Features:
- JeffLfromTODined on 9/20/2014Great testing food, unreasonably expensive and none of it other than the bread was ample. The bread and accoutrements were excellent.Special Features:
- Nice experience, but not stellarFiLADined on 9/20/2014I took my partner here for dinner to celebrate his birthday and the ambience was just what I was looking for - romantic but not too pretentious or stuffy. The farm to table type of food seemed right up our alley, however, for the price and portions, we weren't impressed (we had the fig salad (nothing special), gnocchi (this was the best dish and was really good) and seafood risotto (something was off, and overly flavored). Our server was nice and very attentive even though she got sat a few tables right after one another. Overall, we still had a nice experience because of the environment and service but we probably won't be back anytime soon.Special Features:
- ewokDined on 9/20/2014Wonderful experience. Atmosphere and service were really excellent. Food was also excellent. Will go back againSpecial Features:
- RomanticOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/19/2014My hubby and I went there for his bday and had a nice time. It's def more casual then we thought, some people even in their shorts and tshirts, but the bull had nice tops and jeans or dresses on. The food was good, def different and a lot of foam if you like that. The drinks were great and out waitress was very good in describing them for us. Overall a good time but not sure if I'll go back anytime soon.Special Features:
- DisappointingWorldwideDinerVIPDined on 9/14/2014I've been a fan of Firefly for many years but hadn't had the opportunity to visit in a while. This most recent visit was quite disappointing...the prices went up, the portions are much smaller, the service was incredibly slow & overall it was a huge disappointment based upon what Firefly had been in past visits.
- DellaDined on 9/12/2014Way too loud. Made a reservation for 10:00 didn't get seated until 11:00. Food very good. Too noisy on the weekends.. My mistake.Special Features:
- Hidden CourtyardGraviaDined on 9/9/2014I'm not from the LA area, and colleagues from work recommended this place as a great spot for either a few drinks in the evening or a business meal. The service was great and the courtyard dining area in the evening was excellent. It is somewhat noisy so if you need quiet conversation this may not be the spot for you - apart from that great food in a great location.Special Features:
- DissapointingBirthdaygirlDined on 9/7/2014Saw photos and reviews of Firefly and decided to try it for my birthday. While the food was good (not, great) and the atmosphere very nice, overall I can't say it was worth the price. The menu was limited, portions were almost ridiculously sparse, the patio area sultry (no a/c or fans that I could see) and although the servers were very pleasant, the service itself was spotty. Best thing about the evening was the ice cream cone with little silver pearls for desert. If not for the bread and desert, I think everyone would have left hungry. Don't mind paying for a good dinner but I felt overcharged and will not be back.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/29/2014No good entre options for vegetarians. In fact, maybe none at all? Chef did a veggie pasta plate that was way too salty and dominated by pearl onions, which is not the kind of vegetable that works well as a main fuel in an entree. Seasoning, yes. But there were no other significant veggies, except onions. Not satisfying.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/23/2014The space is very cool, but the pricing is way off for a valley location. The food was okay, but not as good as the price point would suggest. I was also disappointed we had to wait a half hour before someone asked us what we'd like to drink. I was on a date, so it was a little embarrassing.
- Great service!OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 8/20/2014Food was very good, and service was even better! Not typical a contemporary and "hot" restaurant has good service, but Firefly breaks the mold in that area!Special Features:
- love this placepsg14Dined on 8/17/2014My third time, always special occasions. Never disappoints. Great new seasonal menu and wonderful service.Special Features:
- The following 0 reviews are from the Firefly - Studio City reviews archive.