Firefly - Panama City Beach
535 Richard Jackson Blvd.
Panama City Beach, FL 32407Neighborhood:
Panama City Beach - Bay Point
SeafoodPrice: $30 and under
Firefly - Panama City Beach
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.fireflypcb.com/
- Phone: 8502493359
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner Nightly: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Sushi, Steak, Seafood
- Executive Chef: Paul Stellato
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Catering available for all size groups and budgets.
- Private Party Facilities: Private rooms available for groups of 10 to 50. Full audio video capabilities with large HD Projection Screens. Great for wedding receptions, rehearsal dinners or board meetings.
- Private Party Contact: Ricard Shockley 8502493359
- Entertainment: Call for entertainment schedule.
A word from Firefly - Panama City Beach
Casual Fine Dining at it"s Finest! Firefly specializes locally caught seafood, mouthwatering steaks seared on an 1800 degree broiler, fresh sushi and artisan pizzas. Winner of Florida Trend's Golden Spoon Award, Urbanspoon.com's Top 250 High End Restaurant and Wine Spectator's Award of Excellence, quality of food and service is Firefly's mission. The atmosphere is more like New York City than Panama City. Firefly is the locals choice for a romantic night out, or a special occasion. Firefly has also played host to Country Music Stars, Heisman Trophy winners and the President of The United States. Chef Paul Stellato was one of eight Chefs selected to cook for the athletes and dignitaries in the USA House at the 2012 London Olympics. We want it to be much more than dinner, we want to treat you to a unique dining experience!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
Firefly - Panama City Beach - Best Restaurants in Panama City Beach - Bay Point ›
Firefly - Panama City Beach reviews from OpenTable diners
270 reviews since May 22, 2014
- Ambiance4.6Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (211)romantic (197)fit for foodies (102)notable wine list (95)good for groups (76)neighborhood gem (69)hot spot (41)vibrant bar scene (23)kid-friendly (22)late-night find (12)scenic view (10)great for brunch (4)great for lunch (4)great for outdoor dining (1)Show More
- ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/16/2014We were rushed , we was in resturant for just over an hour , starters , main , bottle wine ,, asked for fillet to b well done came out medium , never got a min to digest the food , wouldn't recomend unless u was in hurrySpecial Features:
- Perfect summer endingOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/14/2014Came to celebrate the end of summer and had the best time. It made our trip. Food was fantastic.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Firefly 2014OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/14/2014We had been to Firefly on one other occasion with a group; this visit was a special occasion for just us, and it was very different. While the restaurant was still "upscale" in our opinion, it appeared to have transitioned to a beach, casual attire scene with children in attendance. As the noise level was so high, conversation was difficult. The wait staff was very personable and professional. Overall, the visit was okay, but one we probably will not do again.
- Excellent seafood and wine listCowboyfanDined on 9/13/2014The red snapper and the grouper were outstanding. Very large selection of wines and the soup was incredible. Will definitely go again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experienceAwesomeDined on 9/13/2014My husband and I have been wanting to eat there since they opened their doors. On Sept. 13 we finally had that chance. The staff was amazing, but our waiter and all who helped him were out of this world. The food was awesome, but we could not get enough of the bread with their spreads. Their salad was great , and the entree was ok. Next time we will try fish. Thank you for a wonderful experience .Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Firefly is amazingFoodTravelerDined on 9/12/2014After reading the reviews decided to try this gem out. Best decision of the weekend. Food was heaven and Ashley our server was wonderful!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just OKBeachcomer1Dined on 9/12/2014The resturant was beautiful, food was OK, service was fine. Not my favorite place to eat!! In PCB, ALSO LEFT A COMMENT THAT WE HAD A BIRTHDAY, nothing was asked about that,, wanted it to be a surprise ?Special Features:
- Great!!BreAnnDined on 9/11/2014Our group of four had a wonderful experience at Firefly. The food and service was excellent! We were visiting from out of town, but will definitely return to Firefly when in the area.Special Features:
- My Birthday DinnerbirthdaydinnerDined on 9/10/2014The food was great. Crab cakes app, hydroponic salad, Land & Sea pasta, creme brule!! The food was great as it is most of the time. Service was slow as it is most of the timeSpecial Features:
- Great!!!Aman0709Dined on 9/8/2014My husband and I really enjoyed our meal. We both had lobster and a filet. I also had the she crab soup. Every bite was incredible I highly highly recommend this restaurant!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Enjoyed ItDiningOutwithBobVIPDined on 9/8/2014Food was delicious; service very good; would definitely come back on another visit to PCB.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Interesting menuBRohrDined on 9/7/2014While situated in a shopping center, this place was much better than the area suggested. They have the typical menu but the chef prepares each item in a unique way that makes each item burst with flavor. The sauces that accompany each item are very good and worth sharing with the group. The prices a higher than expected and where they should be, but the food is great. We ate there twice. First time the server seemed to be having a bad night. Second time, server was fantStic.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/7/2014Love the She Crab Soup! The food, drinks and service were outstanding! Made for a wonderful night out. We will definitely be coming back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of the best restaurants!JenRDined on 9/7/2014Amazing food, atmosphere and service. The she-crab soup is OUT OF THIS WORLD!!!! The children's menu was a little pricey, but well worth it. This is now on my top 5 restaurants ever!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice place near the beachJAM1949Dined on 9/7/2014Service was outstanding. Although the menu features a number of seafood entrees, I ordered the 14 oz. strip steak which was marvelous. Firefly is not on the beach but close to it. It is very easy to get to and there is plenty of free parking. The dining room is well appointed and comfortable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very quaint, special night out.KjmggsdDined on 9/6/2014We had dined at the Fire Fly restaurant for our after wedding dinner, and have been coming here every year after for our anniversary. Atmosphere is great and the servers are pleasant and the food is amazing. See you next year!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place for celebration!MyfavDined on 9/5/2014The staff was so amazing when we came to celebrate my Dad's birthday...they kept my surprise secret and we had wonderful service! Excellent experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- As bad as "food" getsMariettaScottVIPDined on 9/4/2014Took my family to this abysmal place the other night. Greatly overpriced, and the food was absolutely awful. In addition, my son ordered a mixed drink that was terrible, and told the server he'd like something else. He was informed that he would have to pay for the drink. I spoke to the manager about this and he snarkily told me that they put a lot of effort into the drink list and the descriptions. Through tight lips he told me he'd take it off the check. Isn't he special?? I ordered the boar shank and it unremarkable, to say the least. Others in our party ordered steaks (at around $40 apiece!) and they were inedible. We already knew the manager's opinion on customer service - given his snide attitude, we decided to take our lumps
- Enjoyable evening outKJ28222Dined on 9/4/2014We have eaten at several places in PCB. This was the best. Great service and we'll prepared food.Special Features:
- The food was deliousfoodwasgoodDined on 9/2/2014The crab cakes were Awesome. I had the steak and lobster and it was very good and my wife enjoyed her Fish special as well. Everyone said get the She Crab soup, We did not care for it to much.Special Features:
- One of my all time favoritesFoodJunkiesDined on 9/1/2014We look forward to Firefly every year when visiting PCB. The food is incredible, plating is beautiful, and the service is outstanding. Firefly never disappoints - My favorite restuarant by far.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lived up to reputationRichardDined on 9/1/2014This was our first time to dine at Firefly. The décor is inviting, the service is great, and the food taster very good. The She-Crab soup is amazing as is the cheesecake.Special Features:
- Beautiful DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/30/2014Had an awesome dinner. The food was beautiful as well as the restaurant. Waiter was very knowledgeable and friendly. A little dressy for an everyday dinner but great for a special occasion. Restaurant was a bit noisy but not unbearable.Special Features:
- First time but not our lastCarolDined on 8/30/2014This was our first time dining at Firefly. We were waiting for a special occasion and so we booked reservations for our anniversary. Since the prices were not as high as we anticipated, we are going to come back very soon. The food was exceptional and the service as well. The ambience was romantically appealing and casual.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 15 + yr ReviewAppreciateDined on 8/30/2014I return to Canopies/firefly for the past 15+ years because they are , World Class , Treat you like ROYALTY. Experience you will never forget.Special Features:
- Decent Food: Wine, Not So MuchwistasDined on 8/30/2014She-Crab Soup, was very good, but Avocado Caprese Salad, was so cold that the flavors were dull. Apple-Wood Bacon-Wrapped Shrimp with Cheese Grits and Red-Eye Gravy proved too rich and sweet. Andouille Crusted Snapper over Vegetable & Pecan Ratatouille with Lemon Worcestershire Sauce was perplexingly good and lacking at the same time. Although the snapper was cooked perfectly and the dish had a good taste, it was not "crusted", and I did not discern pecan or lemon in the flavors. Big mistake ordering the Featured Wines, a Chardonnay and a Merlot. Both wines were totally lacking in body, bouquet, or finish, and we really should have sent them back, but we didn't. Our server, Marian, was very knowledgeable, personable and efficient.Special Features:
- FireFly experienceTXbeachfolksDined on 8/28/2014By far the BEST restaurant in PCB. Service is excellent, food is exceptional. Prices are consist with the quality of food and service. Really enjoyed our visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not fine diningAnniversarycoupleDined on 8/20/2014This is a casual dining experience. Not for a romantic night out. Kids everywhere. Children crying. Little girl decided to join our table and dancing around it. Parents were unconcerned as well as the staff. On the reservation, I mentioned that it was our 30th Anniversary. Didnt seem to change anything at all. Persons who were seated after us were served their drinks and bread before we were ever acknowledged. Service was poor. The only positive was the She-Crab soup. Amazing! The pepper crusted Filet was OVER peppered but no salt. You really cannot taste anything but the pepper. Wedge salad was poorly conceived and it seems a one armed man is in charge of cutting the wedges. Clientele were grabbed at Walmart and bussed in.Special Features:
- ExtraordinarynorthcarolinaDined on 8/19/2014We were in town to celebrate our 42 wedding anniversary. Wow, what a nice place.Special Features:
- awesome restaurant!OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 8/17/2014I have been to Firefly several times but this was a first for my husband and me together. We are food nerds and loved the entire experience. Tricia was an excellent server. We thouroughly enjoyed the eveningSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LoveOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/16/2014My husband and I come to PCB often. He is not a fan of the typical fried fish found at most of the local joints. I looked online and found this restaurant listed in most of the great PCB food lists. What can I say? The food is great! The She-Crab soup is creamy and to die for. But if you get the soup, try not to order a huge meal afterwards as the soup is very filling. The sushi here is tops in Panama City. I would recommend this over any other in the area. My husband loved the steak options and when I tell him we are headed back to the area, he always asks if we can get a ressie for Firefly. We have 3 children but I would not recommend bringing them to this restaurant as it is definitely more upscale. We did see children though.Special Features:
- Ref, Panama City, FlOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/16/2014Everything experienced on recent visit to FireFly was exceptional. Food, service & atmosphere was very enjoyable. Have been to FireFly on many occasions and have never been disappointed. Consider it the best place to go for a nice affordable dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AmazingOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/15/2014Had an amazing time. Excellent food, great price with Sunset Special. Absolutely loved the tree, lights and overall beauty of the place. We will be back next visit to PCB :)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Top of ListOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/15/2014First time to visit Firfly! Absolutely delightful. Top of my PCB list. Ask for Lance. He made our experience wonderful.Special Features:
- an amazing cullinary experiencechiillyDined on 8/13/2014I took my girlfriend there for her birthday. The server was very attentive without being invasive. The food (fillet mignon) was utterly amazing and the most tender ive had. The atmosphere was very romantic; the giant indoor tree with lights in it was really unique. It was a bit noisy but other than that, i have no complaints. We will definitely go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Anniversary at Fire FlyRonB1Dined on 8/13/2014Went for our anniversary We enjouyed the great service and the food was try very good. Had a great new appetizer for us the crunchy eggplant pancakes and they were delicious. ended the meal wit a fantastic creme broulet. The entire night was greatSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FabulousNancyDined on 8/13/2014Well worth your time! Great early bird special menu!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent experience!minkDined on 8/11/2014I was in town for business and was recommended to Firefly by local COC. Had dinner on 8/11. Food and server (Eric) were excellent only comment would be that the hostesses were inattentive and I had to go to the bar on more than one occasion to get drinks for my guests that were waiting in library. Also surprised of music choice that was playing as I thought jazz or acoustical would have been more apropo for the setting and locale instead of rock & roll.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding Experience!OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/9/2014My family always dines at this restaurant while in PC. Incredible in every way! We ate sushi and had drinks at the bar...fantastic. Our waiter at the table was so attentive and made suggestions about food that were right on the mark.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 8/9/2014The drinks are very creative and tasty. The service was timely and very friendly... the food is excellent... One of the best restaurants on the Florida panhandle. The Caesar salad w/ lump crabmeat is one of the best and most creative I've ever had.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.