Firefly - Panama City Beach
535 Richard Jackson Blvd.
Panama City Beach, FL 32407Neighborhood:
Panama City Beach - Bay Point
SeafoodPrice: $30 and under
Firefly - Panama City Beach
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.fireflypcb.com/
- Phone: 8502493359
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner Nightly: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Sushi, Steak, Seafood
- Executive Chef: Paul Stellato
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Catering available for all size groups and budgets.
- Private Party Facilities: Private rooms available for groups of 10 to 50. Full audio video capabilities with large HD Projection Screens. Great for wedding receptions, rehearsal dinners or board meetings.
- Private Party Contact: Ricard Shockley 8502493359
- Entertainment: Call for entertainment schedule.
A word from Firefly - Panama City Beach
Casual Fine Dining at it"s Finest! Firefly specializes locally caught seafood, mouthwatering steaks seared on an 1800 degree broiler, fresh sushi and artisan pizzas. Winner of Florida Trend's Golden Spoon Award, Urbanspoon.com's Top 250 High End Restaurant and Wine Spectator's Award of Excellence, quality of food and service is Firefly's mission. The atmosphere is more like New York City than Panama City. Firefly is the locals choice for a romantic night out, or a special occasion. Firefly has also played host to Country Music Stars, Heisman Trophy winners and the President of The United States. Chef Paul Stellato was one of eight Chefs selected to cook for the athletes and dignitaries in the USA House at the 2012 London Olympics. We want it to be much more than dinner, we want to treat you to a unique dining experience!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
Firefly - Panama City Beach - Best Restaurants in Panama City Beach - Bay Point ›
Firefly - Panama City Beach reviews from OpenTable diners
279 reviews since May 5, 2014
- Ambiance4.6Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (219)romantic (209)fit for foodies (100)notable wine list (97)good for groups (80)neighborhood gem (78)hot spot (42)vibrant bar scene (24)kid-friendly (22)late-night find (13)scenic view (12)great for brunch (8)great for lunch (7)great for outdoor dining (2)Show More
- First time but not our lastOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/30/2014This was our first time dining at Firefly. We were waiting for a special occasion and so we booked reservations for our anniversary. Since the prices were not as high as we anticipated, we are going to come back very soon. The food was exceptional and the service as well. The ambience was romantically appealing and casual.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 15 + yr ReviewOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/30/2014I return to Canopies/firefly for the past 15+ years because they are , World Class , Treat you like ROYALTY. Experience you will never forget.Special Features:
- Decent Food: Wine, Not So MuchwistasDined on 8/30/2014She-Crab Soup, was very good, but Avocado Caprese Salad, was so cold that the flavors were dull. Apple-Wood Bacon-Wrapped Shrimp with Cheese Grits and Red-Eye Gravy proved too rich and sweet. Andouille Crusted Snapper over Vegetable & Pecan Ratatouille with Lemon Worcestershire Sauce was perplexingly good and lacking at the same time. Although the snapper was cooked perfectly and the dish had a good taste, it was not "crusted", and I did not discern pecan or lemon in the flavors. Big mistake ordering the Featured Wines, a Chardonnay and a Merlot. Both wines were totally lacking in body, bouquet, or finish, and we really should have sent them back, but we didn't. Our server, Marian, was very knowledgeable, personable and efficient.Special Features:
- Not fine diningAnniversarycoupleDined on 8/20/2014This is a casual dining experience. Not for a romantic night out. Kids everywhere. Children crying. Little girl decided to join our table and dancing around it. Parents were unconcerned as well as the staff. On the reservation, I mentioned that it was our 30th Anniversary. Didnt seem to change anything at all. Persons who were seated after us were served their drinks and bread before we were ever acknowledged. Service was poor. The only positive was the She-Crab soup. Amazing! The pepper crusted Filet was OVER peppered but no salt. You really cannot taste anything but the pepper. Wedge salad was poorly conceived and it seems a one armed man is in charge of cutting the wedges. Clientele were grabbed at Walmart and bussed in.Special Features:
- ExtraordinarynorthcarolinaDined on 8/19/2014We were in town to celebrate our 42 wedding anniversary. Wow, what a nice place.Special Features:
- awesome restaurant!OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 8/17/2014I have been to Firefly several times but this was a first for my husband and me together. We are food nerds and loved the entire experience. Tricia was an excellent server. We thouroughly enjoyed the eveningSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LoveOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/16/2014My husband and I come to PCB often. He is not a fan of the typical fried fish found at most of the local joints. I looked online and found this restaurant listed in most of the great PCB food lists. What can I say? The food is great! The She-Crab soup is creamy and to die for. But if you get the soup, try not to order a huge meal afterwards as the soup is very filling. The sushi here is tops in Panama City. I would recommend this over any other in the area. My husband loved the steak options and when I tell him we are headed back to the area, he always asks if we can get a ressie for Firefly. We have 3 children but I would not recommend bringing them to this restaurant as it is definitely more upscale. We did see children though.Special Features:
- Ref, Panama City, FlOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/16/2014Everything experienced on recent visit to FireFly was exceptional. Food, service & atmosphere was very enjoyable. Have been to FireFly on many occasions and have never been disappointed. Consider it the best place to go for a nice affordable dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AmazingOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/15/2014Had an amazing time. Excellent food, great price with Sunset Special. Absolutely loved the tree, lights and overall beauty of the place. We will be back next visit to PCB :)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Top of ListOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/15/2014First time to visit Firfly! Absolutely delightful. Top of my PCB list. Ask for Lance. He made our experience wonderful.Special Features:
- an amazing cullinary experiencechiillyDined on 8/13/2014I took my girlfriend there for her birthday. The server was very attentive without being invasive. The food (fillet mignon) was utterly amazing and the most tender ive had. The atmosphere was very romantic; the giant indoor tree with lights in it was really unique. It was a bit noisy but other than that, i have no complaints. We will definitely go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Anniversary at Fire FlyRonB1Dined on 8/13/2014Went for our anniversary We enjouyed the great service and the food was try very good. Had a great new appetizer for us the crunchy eggplant pancakes and they were delicious. ended the meal wit a fantastic creme broulet. The entire night was greatSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FabulousNancyDined on 8/13/2014Well worth your time! Great early bird special menu!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent experience!minkDined on 8/11/2014I was in town for business and was recommended to Firefly by local COC. Had dinner on 8/11. Food and server (Eric) were excellent only comment would be that the hostesses were inattentive and I had to go to the bar on more than one occasion to get drinks for my guests that were waiting in library. Also surprised of music choice that was playing as I thought jazz or acoustical would have been more apropo for the setting and locale instead of rock & roll.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding Experience!OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/9/2014My family always dines at this restaurant while in PC. Incredible in every way! We ate sushi and had drinks at the bar...fantastic. Our waiter at the table was so attentive and made suggestions about food that were right on the mark.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 8/9/2014The drinks are very creative and tasty. The service was timely and very friendly... the food is excellent... One of the best restaurants on the Florida panhandle. The Caesar salad w/ lump crabmeat is one of the best and most creative I've ever had.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always good.RedBeard93Dined on 8/9/2014Firefly never let's you leave disappointed. Their staff is extremely attentive but yet never seem intrusive. The food is always great even with some of the odd combinations that chef Paul comes up with. The environment is spot on with the dim lighting and soft music it makes for the best place to spend a night dinning with friends or that special someone.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- What a GemDeltaDined on 8/9/2014This was our first time to visit Firefly on the suggestion of our friends who go regularly. We were so pleased.... Attention from our server was over the top and the food was perfectly delicious. Absolutely the most fantastic "Crab Bisque" that I have ever had!!! We will definitely be back and will not hesitate to recommend Firefly to anyone......Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Saturday DinnerdestindinerDined on 8/9/2014First time at this restaurant and we'll go back, even though it was a 50 minute drive for us. Our waiter, Eric, was knowledgeable, funny, and attentive. The She Crab soup was divine, as promised. The atmosphere, with a twinkle lit tree in the center, was both romantic and relaxing. The tables are placed far enough apart from each other to offer that non-cramped feeling. The Grouper and the NY Strip Steak were both excellent. Would recommend them to anyone. My husband always has his steak "Pittsburgh style" and they did it just right.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Casual fine dining done right!DatingeatsDined on 8/8/2014No dress code, some very casual patrons. The bar area is very nice and the library lounge is a great escape when the bar area is full. The sushi bar was a bit small and full the whole time we were there, but the sushi menu looks worth checking out. Starters were delicious as well as the entree, overall a perfectly cooked meal in a great atmosphere at a reasonable price for more upscale dining. Definitely one of the best in PCB.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent EveningTexasTravellersDined on 8/8/2014We were, at first, hesitant, as it is a resturant in a shopping center and didn't really have a romantic look. But I wanted Sushi and so we ventured in. We were seated in the "patio", which was a total suprise. From what we could deduce, it was a non-ceilinged room (looked like netting way up) centered around a HUGE live tree. The ambience was perfect, romanticlly lit, lite music, tables far enough apart for conversation. The wait staff was superb, very attentive without being intrusive. The food delicious, fresh, and generous portions. We will definitely be back when in this part of the country again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FireflyBuddyDined on 8/8/2014Really disappointed that they didn't do something for my wife's birthday, I.e. Dessert, etc. I specifically noted when I made the reservation through Open Table that we were coming there to celebrate her birthday. Our waiter was pretty dry. Knowledgeable of the menu, but he just wasn't very pleasant. My wife and I were in such a great and spirited mood when we arrived, but he did nothing to make the evening joyous.Special Features:
- Good, not outstandingLolliejeanDined on 8/8/2014We had a very nice dinner for 4 at Firefly. The food was good, the service was excellent and the dining room setting is lovely and conducive to conversation. Pluses: The she crab soup was rich and delicious. Our steaks were tender and perfectly cooked. The creme brulee was a perfect ending to the meal. Minuses: The pre-dinner bread and accompanying spreads were nothing special. The potato dishes that came with the steaks (mashed and a kind of home fries thing) bordered on tasting like they were either out of a box or frozen. At the fine dining price level I expected more in that regard.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Incredible All AroundSouthernAmazonsDined on 8/7/2014The service was outstanding, atmosphere was remarkable, food was orgasmic, and saying this establishment is 5 star is the understatement of the century. The butter platter they give you to start off with is so uniquely divine that it is best described as foreshadowing for the rest of your meal. Not wanting to get too full, we split the She Crab soup and it proved to be the best soup either of us had tried. Our entrees were out of this world. She had the lamb and I the tenderloin. Both tender and bursting with delicious flavor. For dessert, we ordered the dessert trio that includes cream brûlée, cheese cake, and chocolate bombe. All so amazing that I'm losing adjectives to properly explain the tasty sensational ending to an outstanding meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food and service was exceptional!ChicagoVisitorDined on 8/7/2014We made reservations for 7 pm and arrived 20 minutes early. We were greeted by the hostess and ask to sit in the waiting room. The ambiance in the waiting room was awesome. After about 10 minutes, we were seated. Our waiter did an awesome job of recommending wines and food. My wife and I were very impressed with the food and exceptional service. I would highly recommend this place to any vacationer to the area looking for a great, romantic dining experience. Great job Firefly and its staff!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First timesweetDined on 8/4/2014We recently moved to Panama City Beach and was so pleased to find this hidden away fine dining restaurant. Stuffed filet, tempura lobster, sides and bread were all excellent.Special Features:
- Awesome find in Panama City BeachChattFamilyDined on 8/3/2014Excellent food and service, we will definitely go backSpecial Features:
- Best foodjoiuuuhuuDined on 8/2/2014We have been here many times. The food and service was wonderful each time. We will be back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect Dining ExperienceRBCangemiDined on 8/2/2014I had heard a lot of good things about this restaurant, but was a little skeptical. This restaurant lives up to its reputation. We were greeted promptly and given a nice seat along the wall. Our server was very attentive and did an excellent job. The food was FABULOUS!!! I love the tree in the middle of the restaurant and there are some private rooms that I intend on checking out next time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic!TashaDined on 8/2/2014Food was amazing and the service was impeccable. Recommend this place to everyone!Special Features:
- 28th Anniversary Perfect!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/2/2014What a great evening! Everything was perfect. Can't wait till #29!Special Features:
- Romantic Night outSupeotrDined on 8/1/2014Restaurant very romantic and the food is outstanding. Service was very good but a little slow. Although this was a common theme in PCB's restaurants. A must try is the stuffed filet and sautéed grouper! Both excellent dishes.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AnniversaryBeanDined on 8/1/2014We had a good experience for our 5 year anniversary. Food was excellent and service was very good. Pretty and romantic atmosphere and friendly staff.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing!OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/1/2014We love Firefly. Always a must for us when we visit the coast. We visited twice this trip. Always a true highlight of our trip to visit Firefly!! The She Crab Soup is wonderful. Really everything we had was delicious! Would highly recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nothing to write home aboutDimer4Dined on 8/1/2014We (hubby and I) went there for their early bird special. Hubby had the salmon (which was recommended by waiter) and had to send it back due to the salmon being overcooked and dry. Had the tuna replacement and was a lot better. I had the grouper from the regular menu and it was great. Will we go back? Probably not. One should not have to return food when it's a fine dining restaurant (whether food ordered is from the early bird special or not).Special Features:
- fireflysr147Dined on 7/30/2014The food was fabulous as always, service was superb. Loved the ability to carry on a conversation while dining.Special Features:
- Always enjoyable!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/29/2014Firefly is our go to restaurant for special occasions, business, and when you want a great meal in Panama City. Always a great dining experience.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 7/29/2014We enjoyed our meal so much that we returned for dinner again 3 days later! Yum!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Long wait, great after seatedMathgalDined on 7/27/2014The hostesses kept blowing us off until the manager asked them to seat us (30 minutes after our reservation, even though there were many empty tables in multiple dining areas.) the servers were fantastic, the food was very enjoyable. Nice wine list. Interesting menu items. Casual beach/dressy attire.Special Features:
- Fabulous!4vacationDined on 7/27/2014Lovely dining experience! The she crab soup was delicious and made to perfection! The signature grouper was awesome as was the soft shell crab special. The service was wonderful!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.