Firefly - Panama City Beach
535 Richard Jackson Blvd.
Panama City Beach, FL 32407Neighborhood:
Panama City Beach - Bay Point
SeafoodPrice: $30 and under
Firefly - Panama City Beach
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.fireflypcb.com/
- Phone: 8502493359
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner Nightly: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Sushi, Steak, Seafood
- Executive Chef: Paul Stellato
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Catering available for all size groups and budgets.
- Private Party Facilities: Private rooms available for groups of 10 to 50. Full audio video capabilities with large HD Projection Screens. Great for wedding receptions, rehearsal dinners or board meetings.
- Private Party Contact: Ricard Shockley 8502493359
- Entertainment: Call for entertainment schedule.
A word from Firefly - Panama City Beach
Casual Fine Dining at it"s Finest! Firefly specializes locally caught seafood, mouthwatering steaks seared on an 1800 degree broiler, fresh sushi and artisan pizzas. Winner of Florida Trend's Golden Spoon Award, Urbanspoon.com's Top 250 High End Restaurant and Wine Spectator's Award of Excellence, quality of food and service is Firefly's mission. The atmosphere is more like New York City than Panama City. Firefly is the locals choice for a romantic night out, or a special occasion. Firefly has also played host to Country Music Stars, Heisman Trophy winners and the President of The United States. Chef Paul Stellato was one of eight Chefs selected to cook for the athletes and dignitaries in the USA House at the 2012 London Olympics. We want it to be much more than dinner, we want to treat you to a unique dining experience!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
Firefly - Panama City Beach - Best Restaurants in Panama City Beach - Bay Point ›
Firefly - Panama City Beach reviews from OpenTable diners
245 reviews since June 25, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (187)romantic (175)fit for foodies (102)notable wine list (88)good for groups (70)neighborhood gem (67)hot spot (38)vibrant bar scene (26)kid-friendly (20)late-night find (11)scenic view (11)great for lunch (5)great for brunch (3)great for outdoor dining (1)Show More
- My favorite restaurant in PCB!pizzaqueen13Dined on 10/20/2014We eat at the Firefly every time we visit PCB! We are never disappointed! I appreciate that there is a gluten free menu that includes things other than salad! The Waygu Beef was OUTSTANDING!!!! Our waitress was very friendly...she was also good about answering questions and making suggestions! I always recommend the Firefly!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always memorableOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/19/2014Food is always impeccable and service is excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/19/2014We went here on a local reccomendation. We were not disappointed. Everything from the food to the service was over the top. Their she crab soup is the best I have ever had. They also have earlybird specials which we got.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food was amazingmatthew0207Dined on 10/16/2014I came here because I was given a gift card for Firefly and came here with 3 friends. Two of us got the lobster and filet meal and enjoyed every last piece, the steak was to die for.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic mealteachcesDined on 10/16/2014Firefly had come highly recommended to us and we were not disappointed. The restaurant is beautiful and service exceptional. We had the Early Specials and the food was amazing. Just the right amount of food. We also tried the desserts which were also delicious. This will be added to our must go to restaurants whenever visiting PCB.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best in PCBDannyDined on 10/15/2014Firefly is hands down the best place in PCB. Service is outstanding and the food is delicious. You can't beat the sunset specials menu. Shecrab soup is a must. We will be back soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful night outbeachfolksDined on 10/14/2014Firefly was recommended by a friend, and we also will recommend it to others. The she crab soup was delicious, and the crab cakes were, too. A few of us had salmon, and they loved it. Also, the medallion beef tenderloin was enjoyed. We loved everything. Our service was MORE than good!Special Features:
- Fantastic Food & ServiceCassieDined on 10/13/2014We eat here often and it is always amazing! We've tried everything from the sushi to the she crab soup, to the chicken and waffles (menu changes) and we've never had a bad meal. The seafood is also great. If you want a great meal and service.... eat here.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Food but Ambiance Needs WorkRefinedPalateDined on 10/13/2014While we are Firefly fans, we went on a night that was extremely busy, and the staff could not keep pace. The food was slow to the table, and the server forgot to bring my salad before the entree course. Additionally, it was extremely loud and initially bright so it was not the romantic, quiet atmosphere that I look for from an upscale restaurant.Special Features:
- They were really slowJamesDined on 10/11/2014We arrived at 5 and by 6:30 I had only had my salad. Had an appointment so I had to leave my party early. To have my wife box up my filet mignon and bring it to me later and it was not that great reheated. Dissappointed in service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Beautiful & yummyfoodcomaDined on 10/10/2014We love Firefly... we celebrated our engagement here, hosted our rehearsal dinner here 4 years ago and just this past Friday celebrated our wedding anniversary with the amazing she crab soup and enough sushi to feed a family of 4. Our waiter was awesome - he was engaging, warm and not overbearing and made sure we had the perfect table, nice ambiance and fast service. This place is wonderful all around but you have to get the soup and try one of the amazing sushi rolls as an added treat. Too bad we were too stuffed to enjoy dessert as the options there are also decadent and full of flavor as per our previous trips.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- outstandingMikeyDined on 10/9/2014Everything about our visit was amazing.found was phenomenal. Service was great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/9/2014As always your food was awesome. I enjoy your restaurant very much and think the new online reservation service is greatSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely eveningTankcommanderDined on 10/8/2014Beautiful setting, the big tree is really something to look at. Very tasteful food, she-crab soup is everything that is written about it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great serviceGeorgiavisitorDined on 10/7/2014We went for the early bird special with close friends. Everything was superb -- the food and service were excellent as were the surroundings and noise level. We're looking forward to our next visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- anniversary2thepointDined on 10/4/2014When I made our reservations I had mentioned that we were celebrating our 5 year anniversary. When our desert was brought out it had "happy anniversary" written on the bowl in chocolate. It was a sweet surprise and we loved it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Thanks Brandon (sous chef)BahamaBreezeDined on 10/4/2014Asked for sautéed calamari app instead of the fried. Waiter never had anyone ask for this in his 10 years there. Ok. Brandon the sous chef made it for us and it was spectacular in a red sauce. We couldn't believe it and had to order another. Even better with more garlic. Incredible dish. Omg. The salads were nice. The early dinner special I ordered was the filet. Was three thin slices. Don't bother. My husband got the crab cakes which were great and a real dinner. Interesting Wine was from chile- Carmenere. Overall yum because of calamari specially made by Brandon the sous chef.Special Features:
- our new favorite!SharonSDined on 10/3/2014as previously seen on reviews the She Crab Soup was a must have! Excellent! We went twice in the week for a sunset early bird dinner which was $14.95 for each of the entrees. The salmon and crab cakes were the favs from the four of us the two different nights.Special Features:
- GoodMgsrcsDined on 10/2/2014PC , Fl does not have a host of up to date, farm to table resturants. At Firefly , The interior decor was 80's and non- descript. The menu selection was 80's. That said, the food was good.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great spot for dinner with friendsGinaDined on 9/27/2014Firefly was an great choice for dinner during a girls beach weekend getaway. The food was delicious and the wine list was very nice. The manager made an excellent recommendation for our group that paired very nicely with a previous bottle and with our dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Surprisingly good restaurantJimboVIPDined on 9/27/2014had a Caesars salad with crab crab was superb as good as it gets gf got crab bisque with sherry always a nice touch very tasty ordered a Manhattan perfectly made gf had grouper delicious good chocolate dessert service was attentive but not overbearing best restaurant in the panhandle of FloridaSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for A Romantic night!NorthwestFLresidentDined on 9/26/2014Took my wife there for her birthday weekend. We dressed in formal attire and sat under the tree with lights that definetly makes you feel like you're outside at night. We ordered some mix drinks that were very good and had pasta dishes as our entrees which was also very good. Service was good but the waiter forgot to put in our starter dish which was needed anyway because we were going to be full from the bread and 3 types of spread they sent out, the salads we ordered and then the pasta dishes which we couldn't finish. But don't think you have to dress too formal like I thought we were supposed to, because there we other people there not in formal attire. Overall, we give it about 4.5 out of 5 and would definitely go again!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- yumyummyVIPDined on 9/26/2014Over the top amazing! We will be back for sure! Not sure which is better, the amazing food or outstanding service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Go early!FoodieKVIPDined on 9/25/2014The Sunset Special menu from 5:00-6:30pm is an amazing deal. So many excellent choices! The portions are supposed to be reduced but are very generous. The calamari appetizer is the best I ever had and the she crab soup is perfection. Was blown away by the savory beef medallions with orzo Alfredo. Wonderful bread pudding and white chocolate creme brûlée. This place is a must!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BeachieDined on 9/24/2014Ordered sunset specials as we were not too hungry. Had calamari, she-crab soup, beef medallions and creme brulee. All the food was delicious. Our server was nice and friendly. She took the time to answer all our questions. She did a great job of taking care of us. Music on entering was a bit loud, but not so in dining room, where it should be quiet so customers can relax and enjoy each other's company. Nice dining place. Pleasant evening. Would definitely go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing food!FoodieKVIPDined on 9/23/2014I've had She Crab soup many times, but now I know what it's supposed to taste like. Fabulous!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- incredible findredace2782Dined on 9/19/2014The Firefly was the best place my wife and I have ever eaten. Flat out the best service, food and incredible atmosphere! I would recommend tFirefly to everyone. The price is well worth it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great First Time!ASpotinKYDined on 9/18/2014Went on the recommendations of friends, and glad we did. There was a little issue between the bar staff and the hostess in getting us seated as the hostess asked if we had settled up our bar tab, but went to check before we could be seated. She could have checked after seating us but she didn't so we waited an extra 8 minutes after being told a that our table was ready. The food more than made up for the bar experience! The food was amazing. She crab soup to die for, lump blue crab salad was one of the best salads that I have ever had, and but the Cobia dinner special was the best part of the meal. A mix of great flavors and presentation. This was truly one of my best dining experiences ever. Just wished we lived closer!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Firefly never failsSandiniDined on 9/18/2014Everything from the impeccable service to the always delicious food make this almost worth the six hour drive to visit!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ServiceSanders1963Dined on 9/16/2014We were rushed , we was in resturant for just over an hour , starters , main , bottle wine ,, asked for fillet to b well done came out medium , never got a min to digest the food , wouldn't recomend unless u was in hurrySpecial Features:
- Perfect summer endingOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/14/2014Came to celebrate the end of summer and had the best time. It made our trip. Food was fantastic.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Firefly 2014OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/14/2014We had been to Firefly on one other occasion with a group; this visit was a special occasion for just us, and it was very different. While the restaurant was still "upscale" in our opinion, it appeared to have transitioned to a beach, casual attire scene with children in attendance. As the noise level was so high, conversation was difficult. The wait staff was very personable and professional. Overall, the visit was okay, but one we probably will not do again.
- Excellent seafood and wine listCowboyfanDined on 9/13/2014The red snapper and the grouper were outstanding. Very large selection of wines and the soup was incredible. Will definitely go again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experienceAwesomeDined on 9/13/2014My husband and I have been wanting to eat there since they opened their doors. On Sept. 13 we finally had that chance. The staff was amazing, but our waiter and all who helped him were out of this world. The food was awesome, but we could not get enough of the bread with their spreads. Their salad was great , and the entree was ok. Next time we will try fish. Thank you for a wonderful experience .Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Firefly is amazingFoodTravelerDined on 9/12/2014After reading the reviews decided to try this gem out. Best decision of the weekend. Food was heaven and Ashley our server was wonderful!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just OKBeachcomer1Dined on 9/12/2014The resturant was beautiful, food was OK, service was fine. Not my favorite place to eat!! In PCB, ALSO LEFT A COMMENT THAT WE HAD A BIRTHDAY, nothing was asked about that,, wanted it to be a surprise ?Special Features:
- Great!!BreAnnDined on 9/11/2014Our group of four had a wonderful experience at Firefly. The food and service was excellent! We were visiting from out of town, but will definitely return to Firefly when in the area.Special Features:
- Deserves a return visit!StellabellaDined on 9/11/2014We had a delicious meal at Firefly. It had good menu choices. The tuna I had was prepared perfectly. Everything was good! The waiter took good care of us also. The noise level was quite low and made the meal more enjoyable. The only complaint that I have is that the lighting at most of the tables was very low. It was so dark in there that we had to use the flashlights on our cellphones to read the menu. People next to us were using a flashlight. There was one group of tables in the back of the room that was much better lit. Even though I would have liked it to be less dark, the food and service was so good that it would not keep me from going there again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My Birthday DinnerbirthdaydinnerDined on 9/10/2014The food was great. Crab cakes app, hydroponic salad, Land & Sea pasta, creme brule!! The food was great as it is most of the time. Service was slow as it is most of the timeSpecial Features:
- Great!!!Aman0709Dined on 9/8/2014My husband and I really enjoyed our meal. We both had lobster and a filet. I also had the she crab soup. Every bite was incredible I highly highly recommend this restaurant!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.