Firefly Kitchen & Bar
10820 S U.S. Hwy 15 501
Southern Pines, NC 28387Neighborhood:
Southern Pines / Pinehurst
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Firefly Kitchen & Bar
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.firefly-kitchen.com/
- Phone: 9106937811
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Michael Mayer
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Beer, Full Bar, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: We have a lovely wine room that can accommodate up to 34 people.
- Private Party Contact: General Manager 9106937811
A word from Firefly Kitchen & Bar
Here at Firefly Kitchen & Bar, we're a bit nostalgic for the magical moments we spent chasing fluorescent little flies floating in the night sky, but we sure as hell don't want to go back. Instead, we're busy dishing out unexpected twists on classic and new American dishes and refreshing drinks every chance we get - all served up in a rustic, yet contemporary and comfortable setting. We source our ingredients locally and hand select each for superior quality. In fact, we're always searching for uncommon wines, local craft beers, and small-batch spirits that we think you'll enjoy. Whatever you choose is served with a generous helping of welcoming hospitality and an open invitation to return. Come sample truly social, uncomplicated and deliciously memorable dining experience- where every moment is transformed into an unexpected delight. Firefly Kitchen & Bar - "capture every moment".Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Firefly Kitchen & Bar reviews from OpenTable diners
- A Great SurprisefoodiesDined on 6/5/2013We took a friend to celebrate her birthday and had an absolute blast. The service was fantastic and we had a wonderful time. Her birthday cake at the end was terrific and a big surprise to us all. We will definitely return. The menu is a different concept with the "sharing" portions, but it turned out to be very generous portions and was more than enough for three people. Salad was exceptional.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice addition to the Sandhillsrichb238Dined on 5/29/2013Friendly service and bartender. Good food and pleasant ambiance.Special Features:
- Mother's Day LunchOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 5/12/2013Food was fab, waiter was great his name was Chase, no doubt we would dine here again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice Decor but Mediocre FoodatinaDined on 5/12/2013We dined here for mother's day and I prepared my self for questionable service based on reviews. The decor was really nice and it is very spacious but it goes down hill from there. The service was lacking...It took a while for them to take our drink orders and the food took longer to cook than what were expecting. They delivered three of our meals and it took another 7 mins for them to bring out my mother's meal they didn't get it right. She was half way through her meal before we could stop the waitress to bring her the rest of her meal. My mother loved her meal (spinach) but my tuna was not very good. The rest of my family said the food was just OK or it had no real flavor. I don't plan to come back. The wait staff was nice.Special Features:
- Great foodBrownieDined on 5/11/2013We enjoyed our food, our waiter was really great. Keep up the good workSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I have been to this restaurantbrunchaddictDined on 5/9/2013I have been to this restaurant a number of times. Although the menu is somewhat limited, the food quality is excellent, service typically attentive, and the atmosphere lively and casual. I took a group of friends this past time and unfortunately, I'm not sure any (other than me) will return. Several complained about their food being overly spicy. I too agree, that the menu has too many spicy items to satisfy the average diner, particularly in a location where the demographic is older (retired). I think this restaurant needs to adapt, or will struggle to survive. We were there during peak hours on a Thursday, and the place was less than half full. When it opened, there were lines out the door.Special Features:
- Was a nice mealFlessionDined on 5/2/2013The food here is good, and I enjoyed the options immensely. The drink menu is something I would recommend, especially the Moonshine cocktail. I would go back just for a few more of those. I love the "glasses" that the drinks are served in, I do note however, that our water was only refilled once and the server didn't bother to check up on that. To his credit, he did seem like he had quite a large number of tables to maintain, so I do not fault him entirely. Overall, the food menu seemed rather limited, and beyond the usual staples of sandwiches/burgers, steaks, and seafood, nothing really grabbed me to try. I'd go back to grab a few drinks and munch on some apps, but I don't know if I would go back for dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food, Awesome Atmosphere!!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/13/2013The food was great and so was the atmosphere! It was my second time here, first time I came with my husband and this time with a group of friends. I loved both times and tried something different from the menu and both times the food was AWESOME! One of my new favorite places in the area!Special Features:
- Service , ambiance and restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/5/2013Service , ambiance and restaurant was great very dissapointed in our food selection. For the price of the food it should have been out of this world and it was not. The wine was the only thing we enjoyed for this first time visit. Was very disturbing that on a friday night there was many tables empty on no waiting list. Will not be returning.Special Features:
- A Good Concept with Room to ImproveRichardandDebbieDined on 4/4/2013The dining room is attractive and comfortable. . Our waiter was attentive and knowledgeable. The "bowl of greens" to share is a very good idea, fresh and diverse. The dressing containers are too small, had to request more, but the vinaigrette came in a mini squeeze bottle that was perfect and clever. The bread with the greens needs improvement Our food came out so fast, ribs and salmon, I suspect everything was precooked and merely heated. The ribs were cold but tender, the beans too spicy. The ratatouille as a side with the salmon was good and unique. Wine by the glass is priced too high, need something at $6. or $6.50. A good concept overall that just needs some additional attention.
- ScottOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 3/30/2013Some of the food was very good, some marginal. Sliders were served cold. Onion rings not seasoned properly. Beef overly seasoned....it goes on. Lobster mac fritters were good, ribs were good, chicken (albeit cold) good....greek flatbread very good. Wait staff tried, but their lack of experience showed through. Certainly wasn't the quality of wait staff demanded by the menu prices. Hostess and Host looked NY, but lacked the finesse. Interior decorating was close to up scale; still I wondered how much of the wood/cork surfaces was from the previous (family) restaurant that preceded Firefly. Seating was very comfortable.Special Features:
- Second time I have been here.OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 3/24/2013Second time I have been here. Wait staff not familiar with beer offerings. The Ahi Tuna entree had good taste, and was served with tasty wasabi mashed potatoes and some green vegetable; but it was ruined by the brown gravy (tasted like Heinz brown beef gravy from the jar). For a Sunday night, the place was empty.
- Food was good. Didn't likeOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/23/2013Food was good. Didn't like beans. Wine was too expensive. Only 1/3 glass for $9 each. We didnt realize the price before they served it. Should have informed us. Or given us a full glass. Big glass..tiny wine.will try again.Special Features:
- A Great EveningOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 3/22/2013Great Place - Good Food - Excellent Service = a very enjoyable evening. Thanks Firefly Team !Special Features:
- This is a lovely new restaurantLadyDeeDined on 3/18/2013This is a lovely new restaurant in our area and a welcome addition. The menu is creative and everything we had was special and delicious. I am giving it 5 stars based on the value received.Special Features:
- The service was truly outstanding,MmmgoodDined on 3/17/2013The service was truly outstanding, friendly and attentive. The waitress explained the entire menu to me, and was happy to make a change to one item so that I could eat it. I was impressed with the interesting appetizers, and tried the fried long-stem artichokes--delicious! I had a nice steak salad (hard to mess that up!). The menu is very much geared to groups of 2-4. I would love to return with a larger group sometime. The ambience is a bit like a nicer version of Ruby Tuesday's; it doesn't help this restaurant to be located smack on 15-501. But I would happily return, just not for a romantic meal.Special Features:
- There seemed to be plentyOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/16/2013There seemed to be plenty of wait staff, but it took us a very long time to get our food. Food was good and reasonably priced. Outdoor area by a four-lane highway is not my idea of eating outside.
- When our waitress startedOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/2/2013When our waitress started by saying "our menu is a bit different than Applebees and Chillis" we knew things might be off a bit. We will go back and try again....now that we know it's a sports bar atmosphere.Special Features:
- The food and service wereOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/2/2013The food and service were wonderful! A great night out with my wife.Special Features:
- Terrific cuisine with greatBusinessTravelerDined on 3/2/2013Terrific cuisine with great wine pairing. Also enjoyed the interesting selection of MartinisSpecial Features:
- Interesting concept. ServerJeffDined on 3/1/2013Interesting concept. Server training must improve. It's a little complicated, so they need to be VERY well versed, thorough and willing to spend extra time at each table.
- Good selection of food, staffOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 2/26/2013Good selection of food, staff is very courteous and accomodating, noise level is very acceptable. We've eaten here a number of times and will continue to come back. Prices are very much in line with food, service and location. A note to Open Table, the only way you can make a reservation is by typing in Firefly - they do not automatically come up on the Open Table web site for this area.
- service lapsed since first visitOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/23/2013Food was awesome but we felt ignored by our server. In fact we finished eating at 9 and didnt get the check til 9:45. We probably could have left without paying because the whole staff was in the back having a meeting. Empty glasses and appetizer dishes were never clearedSpecial Features:
- Had A great time. This wasOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/23/2013Had A great time. This was a date night for my wife and myself, we enjoyed the food and had great service.Special Features:
- Nothing SpecialJenrenmilDined on 2/23/2013Had a good, not great dinner. Service was excellent. Crab nachos as appetizer was fantastic. My entree of sliders was just meh. Drinks were good and well priced. Would probably return to try some other entrees.Special Features:
- Overall the food was average,OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/22/2013Overall the food was average, the hamburger tasted like a Cook-out hamburger which can be found a few blocks away and much cheaper. The salmon was also average. Overall the experience was average. Nothing stood out.Special Features:
- Food was spicy and fair.OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/16/2013Food was spicy and fair. Server was not accommodating. Menu was not family friendly. Could not substitute any sides.
- Nice new restaurant but reallyOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/15/2013Nice new restaurant but really don't care for chain restaurants. Made a reservation for two and was seated at a table next to high traffic area of waiters coming in and out. Service was good but the whole place was way too noisy. Husband did not like the sliders. Doubt we will be back
- It was our first time at Firefly.OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/15/2013It was our first time at Firefly. We found the menu confusing and jumbled.The servers were very good. We think the prices are too high for the product. Food was not served as ordered, took a long time, the meat was cold. We were given "cocktail plates", we had to ask twice to get dinner plates. We think you're trying too hard to be hip; at the expense of good food at a fair price.
- I really enjoyed the foodOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/14/2013I really enjoyed the food both times I have eaten here. The staff were helpful and very attentive, going to great lengths to make the experience enjoyable.Special Features:
- The portion sizes are a bitOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 2/9/2013The portion sizes are a bit small, but the ambiance and overall concept is pretty cool. Service was great, and it was an overall enjoyable experience.Special Features:
- Server was in training butOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 1/24/2013Server was in training but engaging.Multiple people waiting on us was confusing, however, very pleasant and informative. Caesar salad was disappointing, over the top spicy, maybe you should offer a less spicy option. Beer can chicken a tad dry but tasty. Fish special, grouper, was very tasty and well proportioned. Wine prices high considering the pour, something to consider, a good drink goes a long way to customer satisfaction.Special Features:
- We were party of 2. OrderedOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 1/21/2013We were party of 2. Ordered cold salmon which was very good. Also ordered all 4 sliders. Beer can chicken & poor boy shrimp were very good. Other 2 sliders (Philly cheese & can't remember name of 4th) were so-so. Nice atmosphere. Great servers. Nice bar area. Would visit restaurant again. Next time would get beer can chicken dinner.Special Features:
- Brand new entry in the PinehurstOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 1/19/2013Brand new entry in the Pinehurst Southern Pines NC area. Food is pretty good. The menu isn't particularly extensive. They feature some lighter items and some full entree items. Desserts were huge, but they also have some mini items. Our server was very friendky and helpful. We'll go back, but it probably be won't be at the top of my list.Special Features:
- Don't bother at the barOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 1/18/2013The bar was horrible, especially if you want a drink. The bartender rather talk to the staff vs helping anyone who wants a drink. There was almost no one at the bar and when we finally got their attention they told us we need IDs which we had shown already over 2 hours ago mind you we are in our 40's. Then finally we were able to order, the bartender told us he does not know how to many any shots, and we should go back to our table to ask our waiter. The lack of waiter was the reason we went to the bar. Not worth the time for a drink.
- Still some glitches from beingOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 1/18/2013Still some glitches from being new. Staff very friendly and helpful. Food is good, but not great. We will return.Special Features:
- Delicious food but serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 1/18/2013Delicious food but service was not the greatest. We wanted to order dessert and waited and waited and waited. So when the server finally came back we just got our check and left.Special Features:
- This visit was our secondGGofNCDined on 1/18/2013This visit was our second time at FireFly and again, we enjoyed the food, atmosphere and service. FireFly is definitely a hit!Special Features:
- Not casting votes yetOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 1/16/2013The decor was simple yet delightful. The noise level, however, unacceptable. At our table of 6, we screamed at one another over the music, and the restaurant was not even filled! Foodwise, we ate the sliders, so small for such a big price. The Philly Steak was dry and little to be found. The shrimp po' boy was tasty. But to pay $5 for a CUP of fries............wow! At Ruby Tuesdays, sliders are larger, and all the fries you can eat as well as a huge garden bar are part of the deal. Apples to oranges? We're not certain yet. We'll give it one more try and then cast our votes. Also, above in the "select features" we enjoyed, the view of a busy road and a brightly lit gas station could have been covered by tall trees or a wall of sorts
- Sandhills goes UpscaleOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 1/15/2013Nice upscale environment and very friendly and accomodating waitstaff. I had the Butternut Squash soup which was very good, and the Pinehurst Chop Salad which was refreshing and tasty. I will definitely be back to try the Big Share Chicken which looked amazing. It's wonderful to have a restaurant in our area serving local products!Special Features: