Firefly... An American Bistro
152 Main Street
Manasquan, NJ 08736Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Firefly... An American Bistro
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.fireflymanasquan.com/
- Phone: 7322230152
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Wednesday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 9:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Afternoon Tea, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Lou Smith
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, BYO Liquor, Entertainment, Fireplace, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Private Room, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access
- Catering: We have both on-site and off premises catering. Chef Lou has an amazing catering menu.
- Private Party Facilities: We have a whimsical tea room, perfect for meetings, afternoon tea, or to try our decadent desserts that will help you escape reality, even for just a short while!!
We also have a room available for private parties and meetings!
- Private Party Contact: Lori 7322230152
- Entertainment: Live UpScale Jazz Thursday Nights 6:00-9:00
- Special Events: Firefly hosts a beautiful private room that is available for your special event. It is perfect for a group meeting, boasting a beautiful 58" tv to connect interface with you laptop.
The Garden Room is the comfortable place for your Baby Shower, Garden or Book Club meeting! Your Historic Society would definitely feel at home meeting here!
A word from Firefly... An American Bistro
Firefly ... An American Bistro, welcomes you to Monmouth County's newest premiere BYOB. New American Cuisine presented by Chef Lou Smith. A culmination of local farm fresh ingredients with a whimsical, artful approach to presentations. The dining room is a modern, inviting, comfortable space with all the elements in mind. Come join us where a warm summer evening is always "Captured" ... at "Firefly"Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Firefly... An American Bistro reviews from OpenTable diners
- Food was mixed on our nightKorzoVIPDined on 2/16/2013Food was mixed on our night at Firefly. Braised ribs were very good but Salmon was presented in a "soup" to cover up a bit of overcooking. Restaurant needs to cook fish a bit better, and they do know how. Hostesses and front desk area were a confused bunch. Those with reservations, like us, were given the front seating area by the window which on a summer day might be great. But on a cold winter night, this area was uncomfortable. And even upon request a few patrons were not given a choice of inside or alternate seating. One couple with a reservation stormed out. This is unaceeptable. Need to get their act together or change front people. We would go back becuase our dinner offerred enough good stuff.Special Features:
- Food presentation is beautifulNoreenDined on 2/14/2013Food presentation is beautiful and delicious! Menu was perfect - not too overwhelming-with a great variety of choices. Specials were REALLY special. Waiter was friendly and very helpful with helping us make our selections. I have been there as a group of 12 girls, and for a special dinner with my husband and enjoyed both visits.Special Features:
- Absolute PerfectionYumAllTheTimeDined on 2/14/2013My wife and I had the pleasure of eating at the restaurant for Valentine's Day. Having been to Firefly on a number of occasions, expectations were high and were exceeded. The food's preparation, ingredient quality, taste, presentation, service, and ambiance are some of the best in New Jersey. Our tour started with an amuse of artisanal cheese, local honey and bread. Second course was Delaware Bay oysters and their famous pretzel bread. I had the opportunity to order a Wagyu #5 ribeye. Seasoned and cooked to perfection, every piece melted. It was the best steak I will probably have in my life. For dessert, the housemade cheesecake was divine and concluded an amazing meal. I will return again and again and tell everyone to go.Special Features:
- HORRENDOUS time. Not worthOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 2/14/2013HORRENDOUS time. Not worth the money. Very Overpriced.
- This was my second visit toOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 2/2/2013This was my second visit to Firefly, and the food each time was very good. However, visit number one, waitress would not allow us to order our entree after having appetizers. We fully intended to order entrees, just wanted to relax, visit, and catch up. She was rude. Second visit, food again was good, however although not rude, our waitress came over often to see if we wanted to order. Annoying....
- Firefly--Always Outstanding!SuzeshoesVIPDined on 2/2/2013Once again, Firefly is a winner! This cold Saturday in early February was no match for the flickering fire inside this wonderful restaurant! Tiffany, our server, was knowledgable and efficient. The Halibut and Shrimp w/grits were melt in your mouth delicious as was the ravioli special! Don't miss the pretzel bread and delicious signature salad. If you want to be pampered, treated and all around delighted--get a bottle of your favorite wine and head to Firefly!Special Features:
- Wonderful Creative Food and ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 1/26/2013I had been wanting to try FireFly for some time but it is a little out of the way from my normal haunts and where I live. However, when I booked tickets to a show at the Alongonquin it was the perfect location. Suggestion: park by the theater which has a huge lot.Firefly is right across the street, so you can enjoy a nice dinner without having to rush out to make the curtain. The only downer to Firefly is the noise level. It reminds me, in a good way, of restaurants in Manhattan; great service, creative, quality cuisine and noise. If you are looking for a quiet intimate place Firefly may not be for you. But the service, food and general ambiance is worth the experience.Special Features:
- Amazing Restaurant! AmazingOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 1/26/2013Amazing Restaurant! Amazing food and service! Try the shrimp and grits, the salmon, and the crab cake!!Special Features:
- Birthday CelebrationOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 1/19/2013We were a group of 7 including 2 children on a Saturday night. We were seated immediately. We brought our own wine and the staff opened, poured and chilled without being prompted. Service was very prompt and friendly. Although my children, 7 and 10 are well behaved and enjoy good food, I would suggest leaving them at home. My older child ordered off the adult menu and enjoyed her filet migon very much. The younger order pasta off the kids menu. Both ways are expensive. We enjoyed a few of the appetizers. We shares the Crab Cakes, Tuna Tostado, Stuffed Peppazz and a Firefly and heirloom Salad. Each was unique and very tasty. Our dinners were Sea Scallops, Salmon, Crab Cakes and Filet Migons. Each meal was the righ portion and excelentSpecial Features:
- Never Disappoints, Great MealYumAllTheTimeDined on 1/18/2013Dined at Firefly two weeks ago and am already planning my next trip back. Absolutely loved the time spent at this amazing restaurant with another couple and my wife. The meal was fantastic. Service wonderful. Enjoyed the pretzel bread and shared the calamari and cheese board to start. Great flavors and presentation. For dinner, I had the 14 oz bison with the bbq sauce for the new steakhouse the owners are opening called Prime13 in Point Pleasant. It was a perfectly cooked piece of bison and the sauce was out of this world. The other diners at the table loved their entrees. A ring ding for two ended an amazing culinary experience. Love the decor; the farm to table, fresh ingredients and food done right concept. Will be back soon!Special Features:
- always great food usuallyNEWZGUYVIPDined on 1/5/2013always great food usually takes a while for food to get to your table but worth the waitSpecial Features:
- food very good, wait very badPeteVIPDined on 1/4/2013took way too long to get dinner, wasn't even a full house.
- Food was delicious- from saladUsffolksDined on 12/30/2012Food was delicious- from salad to mushroom appy to the delicious crab cakes! Shrimp entree a bit salty, but delicious non-the-less! Looking forward to our next firefly mealSpecial Features:
- Always dependable. Great entreeOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 12/18/2012Always dependable. Great entree selections. Love the rolls and donuts!!Special Features:
- We ate here on the last FridayOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 12/7/2012We ate here on the last Friday of Restaurant Week. SO good! Pork Belly App was perfection!Special Features:
- THIS PLACE IS GREAT EXCEPTOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/7/2012THIS PLACE IS GREAT EXCEPT FOR THE NOISE. WE COULD NOT HEAR EACH OTHER IT WAS SO LOUD. OTHER WISE I WOULD STRONGLY RECOMMEND FIREFLY. I HAVE BEEN THERE THREE TIMES ALWAYS EXCELLENT FOOD, BUT TWICE THE NOISE WAS SO BAD WE COULD NOT HEAR EACH OTHER.Special Features:
- We had a great meal by theOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/5/2012We had a great meal by the fireplace on a cold night. The staff and kitchen were very responsive to our gluten free requests and we thoroughly enjoyed our meal and time there.Special Features:
- Had a great meal from theJaniceDined on 11/30/2012Had a great meal from the Jersey Shore Restaurant week menu- salad, duck breast, flourless chocolate cake. Ingredients were fresh, perfectly cooked (sauce with duck was especially good)and generous portions- we didn't leave hungry!Special Features:
- A go to gemOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 11/20/2012Have dined here many times and it is always one of the best dining experiences. They keep a limited menu with notable regular items and mix in creative specials that the chef prepares. Service is always good. The value here is that due to being a BYOB restaurant, you enjoy quality meals and deserts without having a large liquor bill. Great place. We will continue to enjoy this Jersey Shore Gem.Special Features:
- Nice ChangeJPCsfVIPDined on 11/10/2012Firefly has become our favorite dining spot. They know how to change it up. Because of the hurricane they had a comfort food menu. One of the best meatloafs my wife has ever had, I had the halibut over mash potatoes, superb as always. Instead of having our standard dessert the ring ding, I chose the pumpkin cheesecake which was outstanding.Special Features:
- Food is wonderful. Wait timeJimmyVIPDined on 10/24/2012Food is wonderful. Wait time for main course too longSpecial Features:
- Eclectic menu and deliciousNancyDined on 10/17/2012Eclectic menu and delicious food. Also love that you can BYOB, which is a plus.Special Features:
- We enjoyed our night out atOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/13/2012We enjoyed our night out at Firefly! The pretzel rolls were great as well as the sauce (slightly salty) and the crab cakes were our favorite! We also liked the freshness of the calamari, but way too salty! Will definitely go back and spread the good word.Special Features:
- Very interesting menu, andOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/13/2012Very interesting menu, and the food, as always;was very good! The place is extremely noisy, so wouldn't recommend it to anyone who has a problem with noise.Special Features:
- WE love having a byo withOldman57Dined on 10/6/2012WE love having a byo with the quality of food they serve in our neighborhoodSpecial Features:
- Great experience.dnamomVIPDined on 10/6/2012Two fantastic meals recently; one w three girlfriends and tonight with my husband. This woman w celiac disease really appreciates the many gluten-free entrees-- ESPECIALLY the delicious crab cakes. Preferred dining in the small private room this evening. Great noise level, beautiful paint, nice intimacy. Delicious shrimp over grits tonight. My husband thought the mushroom fricasee app was outstanding. The Firefly salad is presented beautifully and is delicious. An added bonus tonight, pre-meal: sitting outside with our bottle of wine, enjoying a relaxing glass before moving inside for our well-paced, tasty meal. Karen was a great server, with the perfect amount of attention.Special Features:
- A nice addition to Manasquan'sgrammaDined on 10/4/2012A nice addition to Manasquan's wonderful downtown. Only problem is the accoustics....little noisey due to tile floor, etc....but worth putting up with! We'll go back again for sure. Nancy WaltonSpecial Features:
- Basic dining experience. NewDasoutDined on 9/29/2012Basic dining experience. New menu easier to navigateSpecial Features:
- The food and service is outstandingOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/29/2012The food and service is outstanding, we always have a pleasant experience.Special Features:
- WOW!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/28/2012All I can say is "Wow"! Absolutely amazing! If you are a foodie and enjoy a different take on things, this place is for you! Chef Lou doesn't disappoint! In all areas, from presentation, fragrance, textures, flavors...you name it, he has put the thought into every dish he puts out! This little gem in Manasquan is a MUST!Special Features:
- This is the best restaurantShipwreckPointis1VIPDined on 9/22/2012This is the best restaurant in Monmouth/Ocean County. Oustanding fresh food, superb menu, the best of the best period. It's a gotta go.Special Features:
- A TRUE GEMOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/22/2012My wife and I have been coming to Firefly since they opened their doors and have never been disappointed. At times we are actually scared that its so fantastic that one day it might become average like most places so often do...but not Firefly! It seems to me that the owner and head chef stay on top of every detail and constantly change the menu with the seasons plus they always have new items that we have never seen before. Before finding Firefly my wife and I were constantly on the "foodie circuit" searching out the new hip places with great food, and to a certain degree we still are....just not nearly as much due to the fact that we constantly come back to Firefly whenever we have the chance!Special Features:
- I am sorry to have to makelocalgalDined on 9/22/2012I am sorry to have to make this review. I liked the restaurant until this visit and recommended them to many people,this last visit was a great disappointment. I requested a window table for our 5:30 dinner and was told they were booked, our request was denied. I am walking with the assistance of a cane and there were only two of about 15-20 tables occupied. We were seated at one of the furthest tables from the entrance....(I love to walk much further than I needto when I'm in pain and need assistance. Great customer service.) We didn't get entrees for 45 minutes. And still the restaurant was't even half full....We could have had the window seat.
- Not my first time here. TheAKCNYDined on 9/15/2012Not my first time here. The waiter seemed disconnected and kept asking us to repeat what we wanted and then brought out one order of an appetizer when we had asked for 3 orders. The food was just as good as the first time I ate there one year ago.
- Firefly over ratedreviewernumber1VIPDined on 9/13/2012Apps were misleading and overpriced,entrees nothing special, dessert carrot cake was good. keep the pastry chef and throw the rest to the curb. Totally over rated, over priced will not be going back .
- Love this restaurant! HadOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/12/2012Love this restaurant! Had two birthday dinners this past week at Firefly..... Menu offers a nice variety with a unique flare. The chef is awesome! Been talking about it all week!Special Features:
- Always enjoy my time here.PeterpanVIPDined on 9/12/2012Always enjoy my time here. Consistent and innovative.Special Features:
- Great spot..OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/2/2012Went there Saturday night and the place was packed. Food was excellent service was great will definitely return.Special Features:
- This is an AMAZING restaurant!OpenTable Diner Since 2002VIPDined on 9/2/2012This is an AMAZING restaurant! very difficult to find decent food on the jersey shore. frankly i think this is a TOP restaurant in the entire state of NJ. The food excellent; service as well. highly recommend.Special Features:
- Reliable shore dining experience.OpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 9/2/2012Reliable shore dining experience. The menu is interesting and varied. This was our second time, we'll definitely go back. Love the byob.Special Features: