Firefly American Bistro
22 Concord Street
Manchester, NH 03101Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Firefly American Bistro
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.fireflynh.com/
- Phone: (603) 935-9740
- Hours of Operation:
Brunch: Sunday: 10:00am - 3:00pm; Lunch: Monday - Saturday: 11:30am - 4:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm, Sunday: 3:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Comfort Food, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: David Becker
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Cross Street: near Elm & Lowell Streets
- Parking: Private Lot
- Parking Details: Private parking (no charge) in adjacent lot available on Saturdays and Sundays, as well as weeknights after 5pm. Weekday lunch: metered parking available on Concord and Vine Streets. Victory Garage (current rate- 75 cents per hour) located less than one block from restaurant entrance.
A word from Firefly American Bistro
Firefly American Bistro & Bar is a casually upscale American bistro situated in the heart of Manchester"s downtown district. Firefly embraces the concept of comfort dining by offering inspired classic American fare in a warm, inviting atmosphere. Firefly's extensive wine list, craft beer selections, and creative cocktails compliment the time-honored yet innovative creations of Chef David Becker's seasonal menus, which burst with flavors from around the world. The uptown atmosphere is accentuated by downtown hospitality and friendly, professional service.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
Firefly American Bistro - Best Restaurants in Manchester, NH ›
Firefly American Bistro reviews from OpenTable diners
88 reviews since July 26, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (41)neighborhood gem (35)good for groups (32)special occasion (31)romantic (22)hot spot (21)vibrant bar scene (21)notable wine list (14)great for lunch (13)great for brunch (10)late-night find (10)kid-friendly (9)great for outdoor dining (6)Show More
- TracyDined on 11/20/2014Varied menu, great food, good service, and a hip vibe. Excellent in-city location, with parking!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice nightGaryDined on 11/12/2014Everyone in our party was completely satisfied with our dinner at Firefly. I don't remember the server's name, but she was very firiendly and helpful. Food was great. Wine list was solid. Will keep it in mind for future night's out in Manchester.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food and serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 11/11/2014The food was excellent, enjoyed everything. Service people were very friendly and professional, which really added to our dining experience.Special Features:
- BlandOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 11/1/2014My wife and I went to Firefly for her birthday. They have a parking lot (no mention on website) we found out after parking on the street. When we arrived they had our table all ready for our reservation. For the appetizer, we ordered the "Go-Go" bread, a kind of gorgonzola fondue. The bread rounds were nicely done but the fondue had no gorgonzola flavor at all. For entrees, my wife had the filet and I had the bacon wrapped bisto steak. Her filet was just ok, not melt in your mouth and came with soggy asparagus. My steak's only flavor was the BBQ sauce. The brocolli looked like frozen microwaved. The waitress was fantastic though and had the kitchen write Happy Birthday in caramel sauce with our dessert for my wife. Disappointingly bland.Special Features:
- Great lunch spot!CallistoVIPDined on 10/27/2014We had excellent sandwiches prepared with delicious, fresh ingredients. (Mine was a $5 special!) Tables are nicely set apart for private conversation.
- Great, Every Time!RhondiDined on 10/25/2014We frequent this restaurant and have been pleased with everything, every time! Menu has something for everyone, food always prepared perfectly. Kudos to the kitchen! Already looking forward to the next time . . .Special Features:
- EdluvtoeatDined on 10/24/2014Outstanding, chef David has outdone himself again and again. The glaze he made for the Filet was so outstanding I could not believe how it enhanced the meat and made even the fussiest eaters happy. The stuffed haddock was perfect the stuffing outstanding. Have never had a bad meal at the Firefly they have all been outstanding.Special Features:
- First Time @ Firefly65birthdayDined on 10/24/2014Celebrating a birthday. First time visit. Food was EXCELLENT - less the out of season tomatoes on the Caprese but that's minor. Noise level increased to the point of shouting to each other toward end of meal..bar was full. Noisy. But we were ready to go - and quite satisfied. Waitress, "Paula" was wonderful. Friendly. Attention. Took our photo. Will definitely go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent menuFishDined on 10/24/2014A wide variety of food choices. There were four in our party and we each ordered a differen t entree. Everything was delicious.Special Features:
- Excellent Service & AtmosphereAzivarDined on 10/24/2014The service was outstanding, the wine menu was well thought out and extensive. Great ambiance, food was cooked perfectly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our 'regular' restaurantDiningEnthusiastDined on 10/22/2014We join the restaurant every week - they know our drink and food orders. Always consistently great and very appreciative.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- nice mealhomeisbestVIPDined on 10/19/2014We had had a late lunch here several times and had found it good. This was the first time for dinner and my initial impression was that with the main room almost filled it was too loud. We each had two appetizers and a nice glass of wine which made for a comfortable meal. My wife had a good French onion soup and good calamari. I had the smoked salmon rangoons and sriracha pork meatballs. The salmon cream cheese filling was wonderful but the wonton wrapper made up 3/4 of the rangoon and was overcooked and too heavy. The meatballs likewise were delicious but the bok choy slaw was not as good as it sounded. We did have a nice meal and will be back to try again.I would recommend this to a friend.
- great food. ..a bit priceyOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/18/2014Food was wonderful. ..nice atmosphere for a dinner with friends. The high back booths give you some privacy and make it easy to converse.The waitress ,well she was ok. She just didnt really have a friendly demeanor but she got the job done.. The dinner prices are a bit high considering they dont include salad etc. So not a cheap night out! Overall it was a nice place and we would return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always great!RoskoDined on 10/17/2014Always a good experience! Bit noisy, but more the fault of loud group next to us! Had the filet & scallops. Both were awesome!! Tried the siracha meatballs too & really enjoyed!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice little placeTravelinManDined on 10/16/2014Food was pretty good. I had the spice rubbed pork tenderloin with served on a bed of hash butternut squash, brussel sprouts, bacon and other things. Service was ok, the waitress was kind and informative, if hard to find at times.Special Features:
- Try it!LilliDined on 10/14/2014this was a welcome find with parking right next door! Food was great, staff very friendly and welcoming. Great martinis and wine list. Filet was awesomeSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good rolls....butatdineDined on 10/11/2014Good rolls.... it went downhill from there. The GO-GO bread was supposed to be the bomb. Not…. I quess you really need to like gorgonzola cheese. It tasted like low quality bland cheese sauce. The Fish & Chips were terrible. The Fish was not great and the breading was like a no name grocery store fishstick. The only good was the poor mans pie, which was actually very good, but the brownie dessert was only Ok. It needed French Vanilla Ice cream. Sorry just to much money for to little taste
- VickDined on 10/11/2014We are here Saturday, group of 6. Our waitress was awesome and we all enjoyed our meals.Special Features:
- BirgsVIPDined on 10/9/2014Lobster stuffed haddock nice blending of flavors and very generous with lobster pieces! Shrimp and scallop scampi also delicious, fish nice and fresh. Must love garlic though!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent neighborhood gemkarenaaDined on 10/5/2014Sat at the bar for our meals, nice selection of beers on tap, had the fish n chips which was tasty and lite.Special Features:
- Good Food and Friendly ServiceCraigDined on 10/4/2014Family of 4 -Saturday night. Food was really good. Service was attentive abdominal friendly. No real complaints.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great foodfoodforcathVIPDined on 10/4/2014We have eaten here several times. Have always had a great meal. Food is delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- No show waitstaffPTcruiserDined on 10/1/2014We arrived for our 6:15 reservation, they sat us. 20 minutes later no one acknowledged us for drinks, or to check in. Many different servers walked by and not one came over to see if we were being helped. After 20 minutes of waiting, by the way this was our 20th wedding anniversary, we decided to leave. What a waste of time. I can't really comment on the food, never had the opportunity to try it and I don't think I will be going back any time soon.Special Features:
- Loved itekelly5Dined on 9/26/2014Tried to get in here a few times and it was always booked! It was a little hard to hear across the table, but not too bad. Great food, great service. Would definitely go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent food, but a bit noisyBarkersDined on 9/19/2014We went early on a Friday night. The food was excellent and the menu includes some non-typical items. The food was presented attractively, and the entrées were nice and hot. The service was very good, even though it was quite busy.Special Features:
- Great foodEntrancedHikerDined on 9/17/2014I love coming here, great atmosphere and fantastic food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 9/13/2014The three of us had different entries. One fish, one beef and one veal/ beef. All were superb. First time st FireFly, will most assuredly go again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- NHrocksNHrocksDined on 9/12/2014Found Firefly through Southwest Rapid Rewards Dining for a pre-concert dinner and drinks. Easy to find, quick service, great food options, and mixed drinks. Would recommend it the next time you're in the neighborhood!Special Features:
- Love itMarlarachelDined on 9/11/2014After a very bad experience I stayed away for over a year. Decided to give it another chance. It was super! I'll definitely be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Incredible food, friendly servicefoooooooodDined on 9/10/2014We are brand new to Manchester but wanted to celebrate my husband's birthday with a really nice dinner. We happened to walk by Firefly on a tour of downtown and decided to try it - and we couldn't be more glad that we did. From seafood to steak to pork, all our entrees were incredible! They have a nice beer list, and my Bellini was excellent. I'm looking forward to our next visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great food, great serviceMonicaDined on 9/5/2014this restaurant has something for everyone. great drinks, great comfort food choices and you must try the gogo bread! make sure you make a reservation or you might not get a table on the weekend. the service is very good tooSpecial Features:
- Good lunch experience!takikimDined on 9/5/2014Ambiance was nice, service was pleasant, and the lunch time crowd was subdued. Perfect for a business lunch. While the lunch menu was limited, the gorganzola cheese dip with garlic infused bread was fantastic. My BLT came without the promised chipotle mayo, but was still good enough to eat. Looking forward to visiting again for the dinner menu!Special Features:
- The BESTDingzDined on 9/3/2014The Service, the Food, the Location...all the best. Been here multiple times and will keep going back. BTW...sounds odd, but the BEST mashed potatoes I have had anywhere!Special Features:
- Great restaurant.....not on Elm St.ynkyfanDined on 9/1/2014Some of the best restaurants are not on Elm Street and Firefly is one of them. Visited for dinner and was not disappointed. Menu, although not very large has something for everyone. Great place for that special occasion or for a relaxing cocktail and appetizer. They have an extensive craft beer wine and cocktail menu as well. Ambiance is comfortable although it can get a bit noisy as the restaurant fills up. Prices are what you would expect to pay for fine dining but not unreasonable, portion size and quality of the food makes it all worth while. Service was top notch, wait staff was very friendly and very attentive. We will definitely plan another visit to Firefly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always A PleasureMarleneDined on 8/30/2014Firefly is always a great experience for us. Everything is top shelf. We are never disappointed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointingnhfoodieDined on 8/22/2014Although the food was fantastic, we were disappointed at the end of our dinner when we tried to use prepaid Open Table credit cards. We were surprised to find out that the restaurant would not allow us to use the full amount on the card for our meal - it only allowed us to use 75% of the amount. The explanation given to us was that the card does not account for tip. We have used these cards before and have never had a situation like this. Very disappointing that the restaurant would do something like this. No restaurant should dictate the amount left for tip.Special Features:
- very quiaintstomachfillerDined on 8/19/2014service was reasonably fast, service was excellent. very warm and friendly. salads were fresh, but nothing special. the whole menu was very classic, and theres nothing wrong with that at all. people love tried and true flavors, and Firefly does them well. the only thing i could find "wrong" with the whole experience was that my friend wasnt asked how she wanted her salmon cooked, and it came out medium well. she was fine with that, and in new hampshire this is basically the standard, so thats really just me being picky. but all in all a very good restaurant, ill go again.
- Sunday BrunchOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 8/17/2014Great location for Sunday brunch, especially with the Bloody Mary bar that allows you to add whatever accompaniments to your Bloody Mary -- from the traditional olives, lemons and horseradish to the eclectic Slim Jims, pepperoncini, hot sauces, raw egg, and many other items. Menu selection might be a bit limited, but they offer both breakfast and lunch items. Had the turkey club wrap which was delicious and my wife had the Monte Cristo which was awesome. Would highly recommend.Special Features:
- Nice night outMaddogDined on 8/13/2014For a rainy wednesday, the restaurant was quite full, and for a good reason. The atmosphere of Firefly is very warm and enjoyable, but the noise level was a bit high. (Understandably due to the smaller size of the building). This did not take away from the pleasant experience I had, especially due to the food. The diverse menu kept me scanning through constantly to make a decision from many mouth watering entrees. I ordered the crab cakes to start the meal, and they were amazing. For my entree, I had the pork tenderloin. The pork, topped with a curried apple chutney, was delicious. Great seasoning and not overcooked at all. To finish, I ordered the warm brownie dessert, a popular choice that night that I saw. Great food, highly recommend!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great dinner!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/13/2014They were very accomadating as we had an infant with us. The menu is large and the food was excellent. If we had one complaint it would be it's extremely noisy. It was hard to have conversations unless you were sitting directly next to someone.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.