Firefly American Bistro
22 Concord Street
Manchester, NH 03101Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Firefly American Bistro
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.fireflynh.com/
- Phone: 6039359740
- Hours of Operation:
Brunch: Sunday: 10:00am - 3:00pm; Lunch: Monday - Saturday: 11:30am - 4:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm, Sunday: 3:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Comfort Food, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: David Becker
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Cross Street: near Elm & Lowell Streets
- Parking: Private Lot
- Parking Details: Private parking (no charge) in adjacent lot available on Saturdays and Sundays, as well as weeknights after 5pm. Weekday lunch: metered parking available on Concord and Vine Streets. Victory Garage (current rate- 75 cents per hour) located less than one block from restaurant entrance.
A word from Firefly American Bistro
Firefly American Bistro & Bar is a casually upscale American bistro situated in the heart of Manchester"s downtown district. Firefly embraces the concept of comfort dining by offering inspired classic American fare in a warm, inviting atmosphere. Firefly's extensive wine list, craft beer selections, and creative cocktails compliment the time-honored yet innovative creations of Chef David Becker's seasonal menus, which burst with flavors from around the world. The uptown atmosphere is accentuated by downtown hospitality and friendly, professional service.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Firefly American Bistro reviews from OpenTable diners
79 reviews since May 26, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (35)special occasion (35)neighborhood gem (32)good for groups (27)romantic (26)hot spot (20)great for lunch (16)notable wine list (15)vibrant bar scene (14)late-night find (9)great for outdoor dining (9)great for brunch (8)kid-friendly (8)Show More
- Excellent food, but a bit noisyBarkersDined on 9/19/2014We went early on a Friday night. The food was excellent and the menu includes some non-typical items. The food was presented attractively, and the entrées were nice and hot. The service was very good, even though it was quite busy.Special Features:
- Great foodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/17/2014I love coming here, great atmosphere and fantastic food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 9/13/2014The three of us had different entries. One fish, one beef and one veal/ beef. All were superb. First time st FireFly, will most assuredly go again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- NHrocksNHrocksDined on 9/12/2014Found Firefly through Southwest Rapid Rewards Dining for a pre-concert dinner and drinks. Easy to find, quick service, great food options, and mixed drinks. Would recommend it the next time you're in the neighborhood!Special Features:
- Love itMarlarachelDined on 9/11/2014After a very bad experience I stayed away for over a year. Decided to give it another chance. It was super! I'll definitely be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Incredible food, friendly serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 9/10/2014We are brand new to Manchester but wanted to celebrate my husband's birthday with a really nice dinner. We happened to walk by Firefly on a tour of downtown and decided to try it - and we couldn't be more glad that we did. From seafood to steak to pork, all our entrees were incredible! They have a nice beer list, and my Bellini was excellent. I'm looking forward to our next visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great food, great serviceMonicaDined on 9/5/2014this restaurant has something for everyone. great drinks, great comfort food choices and you must try the gogo bread! make sure you make a reservation or you might not get a table on the weekend. the service is very good tooSpecial Features:
- Good lunch experience!takikimDined on 9/5/2014Ambiance was nice, service was pleasant, and the lunch time crowd was subdued. Perfect for a business lunch. While the lunch menu was limited, the gorganzola cheese dip with garlic infused bread was fantastic. My BLT came without the promised chipotle mayo, but was still good enough to eat. Looking forward to visiting again for the dinner menu!Special Features:
- The BESTDingzDined on 9/3/2014The Service, the Food, the Location...all the best. Been here multiple times and will keep going back. BTW...sounds odd, but the BEST mashed potatoes I have had anywhere!Special Features:
- Great restaurant.....not on Elm St.ynkyfanDined on 9/1/2014Some of the best restaurants are not on Elm Street and Firefly is one of them. Visited for dinner and was not disappointed. Menu, although not very large has something for everyone. Great place for that special occasion or for a relaxing cocktail and appetizer. They have an extensive craft beer wine and cocktail menu as well. Ambiance is comfortable although it can get a bit noisy as the restaurant fills up. Prices are what you would expect to pay for fine dining but not unreasonable, portion size and quality of the food makes it all worth while. Service was top notch, wait staff was very friendly and very attentive. We will definitely plan another visit to Firefly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always A PleasureMarleneDined on 8/30/2014Firefly is always a great experience for us. Everything is top shelf. We are never disappointed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointingnhfoodieDined on 8/22/2014Although the food was fantastic, we were disappointed at the end of our dinner when we tried to use prepaid Open Table credit cards. We were surprised to find out that the restaurant would not allow us to use the full amount on the card for our meal - it only allowed us to use 75% of the amount. The explanation given to us was that the card does not account for tip. We have used these cards before and have never had a situation like this. Very disappointing that the restaurant would do something like this. No restaurant should dictate the amount left for tip.Special Features:
- very quiaintstomachfillerDined on 8/19/2014service was reasonably fast, service was excellent. very warm and friendly. salads were fresh, but nothing special. the whole menu was very classic, and theres nothing wrong with that at all. people love tried and true flavors, and Firefly does them well. the only thing i could find "wrong" with the whole experience was that my friend wasnt asked how she wanted her salmon cooked, and it came out medium well. she was fine with that, and in new hampshire this is basically the standard, so thats really just me being picky. but all in all a very good restaurant, ill go again.
- Sunday BrunchOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 8/17/2014Great location for Sunday brunch, especially with the Bloody Mary bar that allows you to add whatever accompaniments to your Bloody Mary -- from the traditional olives, lemons and horseradish to the eclectic Slim Jims, pepperoncini, hot sauces, raw egg, and many other items. Menu selection might be a bit limited, but they offer both breakfast and lunch items. Had the turkey club wrap which was delicious and my wife had the Monte Cristo which was awesome. Would highly recommend.Special Features:
- Nice night outMaddogDined on 8/13/2014For a rainy wednesday, the restaurant was quite full, and for a good reason. The atmosphere of Firefly is very warm and enjoyable, but the noise level was a bit high. (Understandably due to the smaller size of the building). This did not take away from the pleasant experience I had, especially due to the food. The diverse menu kept me scanning through constantly to make a decision from many mouth watering entrees. I ordered the crab cakes to start the meal, and they were amazing. For my entree, I had the pork tenderloin. The pork, topped with a curried apple chutney, was delicious. Great seasoning and not overcooked at all. To finish, I ordered the warm brownie dessert, a popular choice that night that I saw. Great food, highly recommend!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great dinner!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/13/2014They were very accomadating as we had an infant with us. The menu is large and the food was excellent. If we had one complaint it would be it's extremely noisy. It was hard to have conversations unless you were sitting directly next to someone.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner for twoGMFLchampDined on 8/10/2014My first visit, definitely not my last! I had the steak tip dinner, rare of course.. Accompanied with their garlic mashed potatoes and broccoli. Cleaned my plate! Was absolutely amazing! My wife had that evenings special. A 4oz. Filet with 4 seared scallops, asparagus and a magnificent demi - glace. We also shared the salmon rangoons for an appetizer which really set the tone to start it off. Hands down my best find in recent memory. Can't wait to go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Vacation FindChowdaddyDined on 8/9/2014We were so plesantly surprised to find this wonderful restaurant on our vacation to Maine. We have a son who has a severe life threatening food allergy that the restaurant handled so well. Before we mentioned it they were already aware and made him feel safe. The food was outstanding, from the carrot ginger soup to the hamburgers. We will make sure we come back next time we are in the manchester area.Special Features:
- ClockerDined on 8/8/2014We enjoyed our recent dining experience at Firefly and will probably return in the future. The food quality was excellent and the service was friendly and professional. My scallops were prepared perfectly, and my dining companions enjoyed their cheeseburgers. We passed on appetizers and dessert.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Firefly American Bistroluv4ourCorgiDined on 8/7/2014This was our 2nd time visiting and it was just as good as the 1st time! They made our anniversary night out, one to remember with their excellent service and personal touch. We will definitely be back. Easily one of the best restaurants in the area! Looking forward to working our way through the menu. The short ribs were so good; I'm sorry to say I left nothing to take home for our dog. The carprese was an excellent appetizer, as was the fondue we had on our 1st visit. The carrot cake was a fantastic end to the meal!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great spotRoadWarriorVIPDined on 8/3/2014This is the second time I've eaten here. Food is great, service outstanding, cozy atmosphere,Special Features:
- GreatOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/2/2014Excellent time. Went on a whim, never heard of before. Fantastic time at this excellent eatery we will be sure to return!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/2/2014The food was good however we were looking for more value. When we looked at the total bill it seemed high for what we got. The server was a little slow so we sat at times waiting.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service Great, Food DisappointingThemotownkidDined on 8/1/2014My wife and I went to Firefly for dinner the other night. We were happy with the service. However, we were disappointed in the food this time. My wife had the filet and I had the salmon. The filet was cooked as desired but it was covered with a sauce that was not very good. It really ruined the meat. The potatoes were great! The salmon was very good, but the ravioli under it didn't hit the mark. It tasted like it was out of a freezer. This is unusual for Firefly, as we have been there several times. Hopefully, this was just a one time thing.Special Features:
- Ugh!luv2dineoutDined on 7/26/2014A request for a quiet table when the reservations was made was graciously accommodated. However when we asked for separate checks our server gave us this song and dance about the restaurant discouraging that "But if I have to", we almost left at that point considering we were only two couples. Had he suggested the restaurant frowns on that "but for you..". In any case other than the alcohol and Smoked Chicken Quesadilla it was downhill from there. The Bacon Wrapped Bistro Steak was drowning in barbecue sauce, the Chicken Piccata was hard to find amidst the overload of capers, the Eggplant Napoleon had eggplant that was hard and uncooked. Unfortunately all in all a very unsatisfactory experience for us.Special Features:
- BlahBaroloVIPDined on 7/20/2014Went out of our way to find something different on a Sunday afternoon in lower New Hampshire. This wasnt it. Nice looking place from outside, about 2/3 full for early dinner which seemed encouraging. But food was blah. Overcooked pasta, way too much cream in the sauce. Fish/Meat just ok, totally unmemorable. Service was friendly but slooooow.
- deliciouskaraDined on 7/17/2014Excellent drinks excellent food! My husband didn't like his meal but the staff was very accommodating! Can't wait to try it again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Dinner and Evening OutFoodieDined on 7/17/2014Having been to Firefly before, we were not disappointed! This was "girls night out" and we thoroughly enjoyed the bar area and being paid the right amount of attention to without hovering and making us feel we needed to hurry, eat, and leave. The chosen appetizers were delicious as well as our dinners. One of the best perks of Firefly is the off street parking which is not available for most downtown Manchester restaurants. Will continue to keep this as one of our favorites!Special Features:
- We had a wonderful time, but...d4nierDined on 7/11/2014I was holding FireFly to a pretty high standard, as it is- by most accounts- one of the top 3 restaraunts in Manchester. This restaraunt has an amazing atmosphere and the food is very good- my particular experience left me a little disappointed, though. To sum up- it wasn't that busy of a night, but it took us well over 10 minutes to get a drink order in and at least 15 to simply get bread. The food is tasty and the presentation is good- but portions are on the small size. Same with the drinks. This is NOT reflected in the price, which was high compared to a similar meal elsewhere in town (~$100 for 2 drinks, 2 entrees, and an appetizer). All in all- great atmosphere, great drinks, but pricey and service was lackluster. YMMV.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MuggsyDined on 7/11/2014My husband and I both felt that this was the worst meal we have had in a restaurant in memory. The brocccoli was green/gray in color and tasteless. The chicken breasts were the thin sliced kind that you buy frozen at the grocery store. And the plate was 3/4 filled with noodles with a greasy sauce. Even the rolls were a disappointment. I ordered the house chardannay, and it was cheap bitter wine. Just a disappointment all the way around. But our waitress was excellent.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 6/29/2014It was our first time at Firefly, there were 4 of us for an early dinner before the show at the Verizon. We arrived as they opened at 3. The food was excellent, a bit pricy for NH, but overall a very good experience. I would return again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellant!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 6/28/2014Absolutely delicious food, great service and perfect ambience! You cannot go wrong! Perfect for a romantice night out, a group date or even a girls night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love this placeDerDukeDined on 6/26/2014This is a must visit place. Great food, great service, great feel.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FantasticeatingisfunDined on 6/15/2014Service was terrific, attentive but not intrusive. Food was wonderful, something different for everyone. My mother rarely goes out to eat and I would say she had one of the best meals of her life. She was raving about how fresh her scallops were the entire ride home. Thanks for a great fathers day meal!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Will try again, but...OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/15/2014...the brunch was so-so compared to past years. The cooking was diner-like and lacked the touch I experienced during other visits.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Brunch with the FamilyfarmerfoodieDined on 6/15/2014Excellent food and service as usual. This was our first time going for brunch and also the first time with kids. Note: they do not have a changing table! Brunch prices were totally reasonable and everyone was happy with their meal. Coffee was good, which is important!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/5/2014we were sat next to a seminar with VERY loud talking mangement staff should not set ala carte dinners next to groups WAS NOT a very good dining experienceSpecial Features:
- Great dinner outingPapasnowDined on 5/31/2014Wife and I really enjoyed American Fitefly. Would definitely go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good EatsHooksettFoodieDined on 5/31/2014The tuna here is very, very good. Great salads, don't bother with the burger. The steak tips are ok. Will try again, and will try something different from the menu.Special Features:
- ask for bar or dinner seating!Zatanna25Dined on 5/30/2014We reserved for 3 at 5:30pm on OpenTable. There was no option for dining room or bar and when we came in a table was ready for us very close to the bar. We did not plan to drink at all or watch the golf game so it would have been nice to have a choice to sit in the dining area. The bar was quite loud and we couldn't hear each other. Pros - fast friendly service, great foodSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.