Firefly American Bistro
22 Concord Street
Manchester, NH 03101Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Firefly American Bistro
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.fireflynh.com/
- Phone: (603) 935-9740
- Hours of Operation:
Brunch: Sunday: 10:00am - 3:00pm; Lunch: Monday - Saturday: 11:30am - 4:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm, Sunday: 3:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Comfort Food, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: David Becker
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Cross Street: near Elm & Lowell Streets
- Parking: Private Lot
- Parking Details: Private parking (no charge) in adjacent lot available on Saturdays and Sundays, as well as weeknights after 5pm. Weekday lunch: metered parking available on Concord and Vine Streets. Victory Garage (current rate- 75 cents per hour) located less than one block from restaurant entrance.
A word from Firefly American Bistro
Firefly American Bistro & Bar is a casually upscale American bistro situated in the heart of Manchester"s downtown district. Firefly embraces the concept of comfort dining by offering inspired classic American fare in a warm, inviting atmosphere. Firefly's extensive wine list, craft beer selections, and creative cocktails compliment the time-honored yet innovative creations of Chef David Becker's seasonal menus, which burst with flavors from around the world. The uptown atmosphere is accentuated by downtown hospitality and friendly, professional service.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
Firefly American Bistro - Best Restaurants in Manchester, NH ›
Firefly American Bistro reviews from OpenTable diners
90 reviews since July 29, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (42)neighborhood gem (36)good for groups (34)special occasion (32)romantic (22)vibrant bar scene (22)hot spot (21)notable wine list (15)great for lunch (13)great for brunch (10)late-night find (10)kid-friendly (9)great for outdoor dining (6)Show More
- Excellent Food and DrinksOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/26/2014They make the best Mojito's in Manchester! Food is consistently excellent! Staff is superb!Special Features:
- Slow service. Brunch was so-somRo5252Dined on 4/20/2014Went for Easter brunch. While our table was ready when we arrived and the waitress immediately took our drink order. Drinks arrived quickly. However the make your own bloody Mary station lacked half of the items it shows on the menu. Very disappointed. We had some questions on the menu about gluten free options. Unfortunately the menu online shows gluten free but the printed menus did not. Disappointed with the lack of gluten free options. We ordered our food and seemed to wait forever. Not once did the waitress check on us during this time. When the food did arrive it was OK. I was disappointed with the special (leg of lamb). It was a terrible cut... Very fatty.the rest of the meals were OK but seemed to be more like pub food.
- DisappointedVandJDined on 4/14/2014We are foodies and were eager to try out Firefly since it got good reviews on this site. However, we were quite disappointed, especially with the food. Although it wasn't bad, per se, it was ordinary, unimaginative, and in some cases, flavorless. The salad had canned black olives, the dessert selection was nothing special, like something you'd get at a chain, and the special pasta with scallops and shrimp with a lobster sauce, was flavorless. The positive was that the scallops and shrimp were cooked appropriately. Our waiter was fine, however and they did divide dishes for us. This restaurant was expensive for food that was no better than a chain restaurant. No real chef here. The wine list was extensive but pricy. Sorry, we won't be back.
- Awesome food!EPODDined on 4/12/2014Literally everything we ordered was excellent. That's rare to find. Too bad we don't live in the area or I would visit on a regular basis.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Manchester Eats Week - FireflyDeniseDined on 4/12/2014Went to Firefly for Manchester Eats week - if we hadn't known it was eats week - they never would have given us the menu - if you are going to be part of it - then it should be automatic. Food was ok - not great - I have had much better meals here. My partner had the Salmon and he thought it was overcooked but he said the rice pilaf was the worst he has ever had. Very bland - not seasoned at all. I had the chicken farfalle. It was good . Go Go Bread is still the best. Dessert was very good (I had Chocolate Mousse, he had Cheesecake). I'd still go back because I defintely have had better food here.Special Features:
- Good each and every timegsinvDined on 4/11/2014Firefly never disappoints. If it's dinner, brunch, or drinks and a dessert this place always does it right. Been going since just after they opened a few years back, and it has been rock steady all along. This is a top 3 Manchester spot for sure.Special Features:
- Outstanding as alwaysEdluvtoeatDined on 4/11/2014Chef Dave has outdone himself again, it is no wonder that they have received best of the best year after year. The pork tornado was so good you could cut it with a butter knife and the asparagus was to die for. The vegetable combo was perfect. I have never had a bad dining experience at the Firefly. Quality is extremely high quantity was perfect and the service outstanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExperienceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/6/2014We had requested a table in our reservation and they sat us at a booth when there where plenty of tables available. I said in my reservations we did not want to sit in the bar area and that is where they where going to seat us if I did not speak up. If they where busy one thing but where they where not busy they should read the reservation request more clearly and try an accommodate the guests. Two of our dinners the food was very dry.Special Features:
- Great serviceJenniferDined on 4/6/2014We had the most relaxing girls brunch.....our waitress was so accommodating, and never let us feel rushed. Everything was just right. Great menu choices as we'll.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WOWjgingueDined on 4/5/2014This was a very great Meal! We started with the go go bread and goat cheese salad, both were superb. The i hade the bourbon street pasta and my with had the feature steak. The pasta was excellent the dish was spiced perfect a little hot but not overwhelming just how i like it, with big shrimp and crawdad and sausage. My wife steak was perfect cooked with fingerling potatoes tender and juicy. If we are ever back in Manchester we will be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My favorite Manchester spotChrisDined on 4/5/2014When my Concord friends want to eat out with us from Nashua, we always meet in the middle at Fireflys. The food is always good, the drinks well prepared. and I have never had a bad server. Last week, Jamie waited on us and was just a delight. We'll be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Firefly FunGailaDined on 4/2/2014We arrived on time, not sure if parking was available other than street side, or there was a lot for the Fire Fly. Very pleased with the atmosphere. Very comfortable. Our waiter was very helpful in suggesting drinks and lunch. Had a great drink that I never had before! It was a fun casual pl;ace and I will be sure to return.Special Features:
- special occasion frustrationfrustratedinerDined on 3/29/2014Reservations at 5:15p, seated at 1st table by door. Basically, once the waitress took our order she disappeared. After 45 minutes I got a manager, and finally got a second round of drinks and water refilled. Our app for 2 came out with my soup. Manager offered a free round of drinks for our troubles. We wanted a special night out but it didn't happen at Firefly. With so many places in Manchester to eat, we will try many others before we go back here.
- Date night with my husbandOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 3/29/2014Date night with my husband was wonderful and I'm so glad we tried this place. It was fantastic, food service awesome!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FireFly in ManchVegas.KevinInManchDined on 3/28/2014Great overall experience. Food was excellent. Waitstaff was attentive without being over bearing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ladies Night OutfoodsnobDined on 3/28/2014There were five if us and everyone enjoyed their meals. No complaints! Good variety of offerings with great preparation and nice finishing touches. The menu has great standard fare and a special nightly option giving new comers and regulars a unique choice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tasty!KathrynDined on 3/22/2014Great for a ladies night out. Five of us wined and dined around 7pm on a Saturday night. It was pretty busy but we got a table at the end of the room, near the windows. Not too loud and enjoyed the food/wine we had ordered.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A delightful mealDaveinChicagoVIPDined on 3/19/2014A work colleague and I (both from out of town) came to Firefly with a local colleague. We had a great meal -- delicious salads. Two of us had the shrimp and scallop scampi, which had a very flavorful garlic (lots and lots of garlic), white wine, & lemon sauce -- served on linguine with a bit of parsley. It was delicious and filling -- and loaded with garlic (in case you overlooked my earlier mention). Our colleague had boneless beef short rib, slow roasted and served with a tasty Guinness-based sauce with a lot of winter root veggies and a bit of rosemary over perfectly-cooked risotto. The only thing not amazing were rolls served with the salad -- they were a bit over-baked and were pretty flavorless. All in all, definitely worth a visit!!Special Features:
- YumgromDined on 3/16/2014went to Firefly last Sunday for brunch and had an amazing lobster egg benedict and bloody mary. It was awesome to be able to "dress" my bloody mary the way that I liked it, and the benedict had 4 huge pieces of lobster claw meat on it. Delicious. my only complaint was that service was definitely lacking and after sitting down it took about 45 minutes for our waitress to come back and check on us for a drink and food order.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Scattered staffOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/14/2014The hostess forgot about us, with no apology. We weren't seated until 30 minutes after our reservation and there had been an empty table waiting for us. The food was very good and our waiter was excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/7/2014The service was excellent and the food was very good and not expensive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We celebrate our anniversaryOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/6/2014We celebrate our anniversary there every year and in between this occasion. It is always such a pleasurable experience with wait staff and food is always exceeds our expectations.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- out table was ready when weDaveDined on 3/1/2014out table was ready when we arrived. the waiter was very attentive. the good was great. would definitely go back and bring friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Dining ExperienceNHDinerDined on 2/27/2014at the end of Feb we had a farewell dinner for an employee. Our waitress was excellent and very friendly. The menu choices are more than adequate and there is something for everyone. The prices are also fine for the quality and amount of food you receive and they have a good wine and beer selection. Overall everyone enjoyed their meals and commented on how delicious the flavors were. The atmosphere is nice and trendy enough. It can get loud on busy nights but we didn't have any issues the night we were in. The parking lot is a big plus to avoid having to pay for metered parking until 8pm on weekdays. I will continue to dine here and recommend it to family and friends.Special Features:
- Amazing ExperienceOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 2/26/2014We were so excited to try this Hippo-rated restaurant and were bummed when our flight from DC was delayed by 3 hours... upon our arrival into Manchester, we immediately called to see if they could still accommodate our group of 6. Much to our surprise, the chef agreed to keep the kitchen open for us and we enjoyed an amazing meal. The service was friendly all the food was well prepared and presented, despite it being past 10pm! Highlights for appetizers were the go-go-bread and salads (house balsamic dressing rocks). We sampled a variety of excellent main courses as well. Kudos to this gem of an establishment that renews my confidence in the possibilities for well-managed dining experience which really does care about its customers!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good once againCindyDined on 2/23/2014This is our second trip to Firefly. We all tried something different than the first time, and once again everything was really good. I ate my whole meal (salmon and ravioli) which doesn't happen often. All four of us agreed that this place is a keeper!Special Features:
- Great eggs benedictcjb2uDined on 2/23/2014We were seated for almost 10 minutes before a waitress came to our table, and then it was only because I spoke to the host about not having had any service. However, she offered us free drinks on the house due to the acknowledged poor service so it was handled to our satisfaction. The eggs benedict were perfectly prepared with just the right amount of hollandaise and an egg with firm white but runny center. Also appreciated the good quality of the bread used as well as the ham; proportions were good, and the muffin was easy to cut through. Other people at our table had veggie omelet and a special beef dish, and both gave dishes received rave reviews.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice and quiet!RovermanDined on 2/21/2014Perfect place for an intimate date night. Excellent drink selection including beer and wine as well as unique mixed drinks. Enjoyed a cheaper fare but the higher end dinners looked delicious and decadent. We did not try the dessert. Highly recommend for a casual night out!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very ImpressiveRutheDined on 2/21/2014I took my daughter here for her 18th Birthday. Our Server, Shane, was very attentive and polite. I had asked if he could put a candle in her dessert and when he served her not only was there a candle but he had arranged the dessert on a square charger with "Happy Birthday" written in chocolate at the top. The food was delicious and their go-go bread is to die for.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Firefly used to be one ofBirgsVIPDined on 2/20/2014Firefly used to be one of our favorite restaurants in Manchester but one bad experience as we had on a Thursday night has made us reluctant to want to return. The shrimp in the shrimp and scallop scampi was over-cooked and tough, and the dish just did not look inviting to eat when presented. My favorite eggplant Napoleon was also a disappointment as the parmesan crisp was far from that...very stale and definitely not just made! Again, the dish when presented did not look appealing as it had the previous times I've ordered it. Our waitress was also having a bad night and certainly was not the friendliest or most attentive. Most of our other visits have been on Sundays, so maybe we'll stick to that day in the future, if we return.
- over all very goodOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/16/2014I found the food to be well cooked with excellent flavor for the price paid. my only negative was the cost of a martini for both my wife and myself. $13 seems a bit steepSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice TimeKayhub14Dined on 2/16/2014Nice meal and pretty good service until the end. The waitress brought our doggie bags and dropped the check. We didn't see her anywhere for 15 minutes. Annoying.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Firefly V-dayTeedDined on 2/15/2014While we tend to always like this restaurant and my business even has a corporate account there, my wife and I went for Valentines day and were a little disappointed at the noise levels and the location of our table. We were sat at the back of the room right in front of the emergency exit door at a table that wasn't even level and was wobbly. The party of 4 next to us had a little too much to drink and kept going on about the cab they were trying to have come get them.Special Features:
- Firefly is a decent placeOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 2/15/2014Firefly is a decent place to go for the money. Its a bit mediocre for the true "foodie" but they offer some nice stuff. The server was very accommodating for being such a busy night (the night after Valentines Day). Parking is a bit of a challenge but that's pretty common for a downtown Manchester restaurant. Overall, Firefly was a good experience.I would recommend this to a friend.
- unpleasedmarcDined on 2/14/2014I was given instant mashed potatoes with my 25 dollar meal. I will not n be eating there again.
- AmazingMollyDined on 2/14/2014Some of the best food I have ever had. My boyfriend and I came Here for valentines day. We had 8:30 reservations got in about 5 min after we checkin in. Awesome Comfy booth. I had the French onion soup and he had some sort of crab soup special. He Loved his. I think mine was probably one of the best things in the entire World. For dinner I had the chicken, pancetta, artichoke, sundries tomatos over rice Noodles with basil pesto. Again literally delicious. He had baked stuffed haddock and agreed. Expensive but worth it. I will be coming backSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Valentine's Day MealJessLRDined on 2/14/2014I was able to book this restaurant the day before Valentine's Day (phew!), and had an excellent time. The food was delicious (we both had different kinds of pasta), the waitress was upbeat and friendly, helpful but not intrusive, and gave us plenty of time to lounge around digesting after our meal. The only drawback was limited parking right on the same street, but we parked in a lot a block away and there was plenty of space there. I would highly recommend this for a date or special occasion, and it was reasonably priced for the quality of food they offered.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Valentine's Day night outNHhoyaDined on 2/14/2014I was looking for a special setting to celebrate Valentine's Day and found it at Firefly American Bistro. The restaurant was filled with lots of energy when we arrived. Appreciated the off street parking lot in downtown Manchester, which has a little confusing access. Our server was very friendly and attentive, despite being busy. Wide range of menu options at pretty reasonable prices. The "Go Go bread" appetizer - garlic bread with Gorgonzola fondue lived up to its hype...yummy! The entrees arrived promptly - my steak tips were cooked perfectly and were delicious. My wife liked her fish and chips, and the homemade potato chips were a nice touch. Noise level was up, but we found it as fun not annoying. An enjoyable experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never DisappointsOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/14/2014Firefly American Bistro is a true gem where service comes first and the food is truly delectable. The waitress was very pleasant and was able to add insight to each dish we ordered. Her descriptions were right on par with the dish anther passion for food was very obvious in her mannerisms throughout the night. The food was prepared elegantly as always, with the plating meeting the standards of even a Michelin star chef. The French Onion soup and chicken piccata are highly recommended.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experience but coldliseypoohDined on 2/14/2014Great experience but cold next to windows. People next to us moved because of the cold.Special Features: