Firecreek Restaurant & Bar - Downingtown
20 East Lancaster Avenue
Downingtown, PA 19335Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Firecreek Restaurant & Bar - Downingtown
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.firecreek-restaurant.com/
- Phone: 6102696000
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 3:00pm
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Sunday Lunch 11:00 am - 3:00pm Sunday Dinner 4:00pm - 8:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Jamie Drusik
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Entertainment, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Invite your guests for a celebration by the Brandywine River and have an unforgettable time! Speak to our Event Coordinator for more information.
- Private Party Facilities: A truly beautiful backstop to any event or party. Our private dining room's decor paired with the existing hard, unrefined surfaces of the original mill with warm, elegant colors. We will guide you through the perfect business luncheon, corporate dinner, holiday, birthday or social gathering.
- Private Party Contact: Alicia Dever 6102696000
- Entertainment: Join us for live JAZZ 6:00-9:00 on the last Thursday of each month.
- Special Events: JOIN US FOR HAPPY HOUR-$2 bud lights, $3.50 craft beers, $4 select house wines, Discounted bar menu. Mon-Fri 5-7pm.
Monday 1/2 Wine Bottles ($99 and less). Sunday-BYO wine-no corkage fee
A word from Firecreek Restaurant & Bar - Downingtown
Firecreek has preserved and rehabbed a former paper mill into one of Chester County's finest dining experiences. An open kitchen puts you right into the action. Come sit at our Chefs table and have a front seat with a culinary view. Al fresco dining for the warmer months treat you with panoramic views of the Brandywine River. An extensive wine list with daily specials and live music appeals to all. Come join us for dinner seven days a week, or stop in for lunch Monday through Friday.Continued
Now rated by Zagat!
Now rated by Zagat!
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Firecreek Restaurant & Bar - Downingtown reviews from OpenTable diners
- Resturant Closed as of 6/22/13DBWC24Dined on 6/22/2013Unfortunately the restaurant was closed when we arrived on Saturday June 22, 2013. There was a note on the door thanking customers for 4 great years.
- bankrupt! doors locked!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/21/2013Got there doors locked ! neighboring business said filed bankruptcy
- Had I not had a gift card,ScrapcatDined on 6/15/2013Had I not had a gift card, I wouldn't have stayed at FireCreek. 45 minutes to be seated & a beverage served. I was told I needed reservations b/c it would be crowded - the dining room was empty save 1 table. The terrace where we were seated had only four other parties; the delay in service was annoying. We ordered 3 items from the menu, was told they didn't have any more - understandable since they were closing, However, I would have thought a staple like iced tea would be something they would not run out of. Overall, it was a very disappointing experience - meals were pricey & not of stellar quality. If my dining experience was an indication of their typical service, I can see why they're going out of business - very disappointed.
- No foodBarryDined on 6/14/20132 of the 4 of our orders, after taken, were not available. To have to make a second choice at an expensive eatery is unacceptable.Special Features:
- swan song for excellent restaurantltd58Dined on 6/13/2013We had an excellent dinner and we are sad to see Firecreek closing its door. Food was great and we enjoyed sitting at the bar, outside or at a table indoors. Steak and seafood are always great. Sad Firecreek is closing:(Special Features:
- One Last Time...LocalFlavr14Dined on 6/13/2013We went to Firecreek for a special occasion with family. There were seven of us, including our two year old daughter. We have been at this restaurant a few times during its existence and we had great experiences. Food, Service and Ambience were top notch. It has more upscale pricing, so that is why we have always been patrons during special occasions. We are sorry it is closing and will have good memories.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very expensive for only okay foodOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 6/12/2013We've been Firecreek once before and thought it was only okay, but we wanted to give it another try before writing it off completely. Turns out our first impression was correct. The food was okay but nothing special, and incredibly overpriced - they charged us $13 for a kids meal of chicken fingers and french fries. Our steaks weren't very flavorful and the sides tasted like salt. The meal was definitely not worth the $90 check that came with it.
- We had a very nice meal -JeffDined on 6/10/2013We had a very nice meal - good food, good atmosphere. Unfortunately, the restaurant has been sold, and will be closing Sunday 6/16/13. It's a shame - we always had a good meal here.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BoredOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 6/10/2013We have dined a Firecreek many times. The sevice is very good and the ambiance is as well. Spotless clean. The menu and lack of variety is boring. In addition it seems no one. At Firecreek knows how to make a salad. Their typical $9 salad is very ordinary.
- Fabulous dining experience.Tracyb1530Dined on 6/4/2013I found FireCreek quite by accident but what a lucky accident it was! I met a friend who I hadn't seen in a long time and picked this restaurant because of its location being close to my friend's hotel. The place is beautiful, the food is excellent and the service is outstanding! I will eat here again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Greatly overpriced!abckidsekDined on 6/1/2013I am afraid that the high prices on the food far overshadowed everything else. I knew that we would spend more than a typical Saturday night out, but not almost $200.00 for 4 people for food that was merely everyday fare. 3 meals of deep fried soft shell crab with mashed potatoes and 1 meal of 6 shrimp on a skewer with risotto. Good food...not worth $30 a meal. Won't go back
- Nice lunch menu!foodiemomDined on 5/30/2013I like the lunch menu and this was our 2nd time there for lunch. Though the salad I got was a little underwhelming for the price, it was tasty. Enjoyed a nice girls lunch out on the patio overlooking the creek.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GreatOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 5/29/2013This is a really great Downingtown restaurant! Nice menu, great service and a lovely outside patio.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food and AtmosphereOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 5/26/2013We went here for our anniversary, and the food was great. The tables are far enough apart so that you are not sitting on top of each other. We were able to have a great, quiet meal and actually hear each other talk. Great time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- disappointedOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 5/25/2013Overpriced for average food. Great interior design but no atmospheric vibe.
- disappointing dinnersDaisyDined on 5/18/2013the caprese salad was outstanding, but 3 out of the 4 dinners were poor. Two of the dinners were filet mignon that were tough and very disappointing. This was our second time at the restaurant in two weeks. OUr first meal was outstanding.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun Grown Up Birthday SpotOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 5/15/2013We took a friend who had never been at Firecreek to celebrate her birthday. She chose the salmon and loved the crisp outer crust and tender inside with a pleasant fennel salad. The ambience of the old mill was enjoyable - we would have really liked a write up about the history of the mill to read while we waited for our meal. The waitress was energetic and attentive. Having several waitstaff come by at various times was a bit confusing, but not a major distraction. One of us needs to eat gluten free meals, and there was helpful responses to questions for clarification which was helpful.Special Features:
- BrunchCARADined on 5/12/2013Just did the Mother's Day brunch and it was very good. The one huge draw back to Firecreek is the noise level. With the dining area half full you can't hear people at your table unless they shout which diminishes the dining experience. Other than that, the food is very good, and the service is outstanding even for a brunch. Our server was attentive and responsive. Couldn't ask for more.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I've eaten lunch and dinnerPMJFVIPDined on 5/12/2013I've eaten lunch and dinner at this restaurant once each. I enjoyed the food, wine, and decor. Unfortunately, on this occasion I was much less impressed. It was mother's day brunch. The food options were ok. It was buffet and I was hoping to order off the menu. The price per person was high for what the menu was. Our table wobbled, too. With 2 kids under 8 years old, it became a game of wobbling the table. I don't complain much, but I was disappointed. I would try them again for lunch or dinner but never again for a "brunch". I have high food expectations and don't mind paying for it, but don't charge for medioracracy!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Morgan our waitress made forOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 5/11/2013Morgan our waitress made for a enjoyable evening, and she served the bananas foster with a fiery flairSpecial Features:
- Downingtown gemFoodie520Dined on 5/10/2013Never had a bad meal or service at Fire Creek. I can't wait to eat outside when it gets a bit warmer!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Special occasion treatpamomDined on 5/10/2013This restaurant was a treat for us. The service was excellent but not pretentious. The interior is a tastefully renovated mill. On the night we visited, some patrons were dining outside on the patio. Two of us shared bruschetta that was tasty but a bit heavy-handed with the balsmatic vinegrette. The others at our table raved about the duck tacos. Our steaks and seafood were expertly prepared. The wine list is extensive.Special Features:
- Dinner was very good and weOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 5/4/2013Dinner was very good and we enjoyed our experience. The place is pretty neat inside. Service was very quick, so I would recommend ordering an app, waiting until your finished to order the next item. We had three courses but were finished within an hour even though we ordered after we had finished each item.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place. Dined outsideOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 5/4/2013Great place. Dined outside and enjoyed it very muchSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Charming restored warehousesbctDined on 4/27/2013Charming restored warehouse atmosphere of modern mixed with old. Great service with yummy food (mostly fish & steaks).
- This was our first visit toOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 4/27/2013This was our first visit to Firecreek and we will definitely go back. The food was excellent all around and presentation beautiful! They have a lovely outdoor seating area which we always love in the warmer months. Waitstaff was friendly, informative, and attentive.Special Features:
- Sadly fair - other visits aokayGardnerDined on 4/27/2013We have eaten at Firecreek numerous times, always had a delicious well cooked meal. Sadly, on this visit & ironically first time we booked through Open Table our food was fair. I order the Filet Mignon medium and my Filet came out well done. They had to make me a new filet. My husband and our friends potatoes were ice cold. So we signaled for the waiter and he then brought over two plates for them to each put their potatos on so they can be reheated. We truly thought that they should have been served fresh new servings of hot potatoes and not rewarm ones that were served cold and sat too long. As a courtsey they offered us free dessert and only two of us took advantage. So they only comped the two dessets and did not offer anything else.Special Features:
- Nice look and feel. But feltOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/26/2013Nice look and feel. But felt food was OK at best especially for this price. the asparagus well cooked but the sauce unremarkable and some pieces tasted like there was no sauce at all. Prime rib was good but not the best I've had. My wife felt crab cakes were OK but prefers a local competitor better. Service was average (server may have been distracted training new employee). My wife liked the pear martini!!
- I was looking for a romanticOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 4/25/2013I was looking for a romantic place to celebrate my Anniversary and I definitely found it. Our candlelight dinner with soulful jazz music playing in the background really set the mood. The Beet trio spinach salad w/ candied walnuts was a good start to the meal. My entree bistro steak, steak fries & mixed vegetables was a pleasure to my taste buds. The only real negative thing i would have to say about the restaurant is the seating. Instead of a nice seat w/ a back I had to sit on a long couch like seat which killed my back because every time i wanted to speak to my wife or eat I had to lean forward. Overall i would def recommend this restaurant to others. Go on a Thurs because every Thurs they have live jazz music.Special Features:
- Always enjoyable. The dinnerFoodie520Dined on 4/20/2013Always enjoyable. The dinner menu has an option for every taste. The bananas foster table side was awesome! What an experience.Special Features:
- Not a great value for theSteveCVIPDined on 4/20/2013Not a great value for the money. Yes, a notable wine list. But the food prices are not commensurate with the expectations for portion size and flavor, at least for a restaurant in this area. Our server seemed inexperienced and was not attentive. There is no salt or pepper on the tables, and the server never offered a pepper mill nor was never in sight for us to inquire. Our first wine choice (Reisling) was not available, so we selected a higher priced Chardonnay. There was no offer for reducing the price of the wine to compensate for the lack of inventory. Not a good evening for us nor the restaurant staff. Again, they seem inexperienced in e even the simple tasks of waiting on a customer.Special Features:
- Firecreek has been at theOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/20/2013Firecreek has been at the top of my list of favorite local restaurants since they opened, however my latest experience there left much to be desired. We had to wait over an hour to be seated because of what they called a "miscommunication" between their two hostesses (one of which obviously missed her calling, as she was very grumpy and not at all interested in customer service). The food was good but it didn't have the "wow" factor I have come to expect from them. I think it's time to find a new favorite.
- Our waiter, while very personableOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 4/18/2013Our waiter, while very personable and attentive, wasn't well informed. Didn't realize that the prime rib was also available on a Th and announced the vege of the day as broccoli - asparagus came from the kitchen! Neither of these miscues interfered with what was a wonderful meal, but a bit more familiarity with the menu would be expected.Special Features:
- Worth a visit!OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 4/15/2013Lovely place, very good food, outstanding service, and goo location with adequate parking.Special Features:
- Going downhillShellyDined on 4/13/2013We used to enjoy coming to this restaurant and even brought out of town guests here first over other choices. And, we used to consider it a gem in restaurant-starved Chester County. But, it appears to be going downhill. Food quality not as good and prices went up recently with new menu. Service is also subpar and bartender lady too loud and chatty. Will not be back as frequently.Special Features:
- Nice place for private celebrationsOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/13/2013The food and service were wonderful. We were able to enjoy our private celebration without being disturbed by our surroundings and we did not feel like we were being rushed to finish. An overall great dining experience.Special Features:
- My husband & I split our lunchlgdg71VIPDined on 4/12/2013My husband & I split our lunch entree's. I had the grownup grilled cheese which I liked, and he had the pulled pork sandwich. The sauce on the pork was way too sweet. It was sugary without any sort of tang. He said the yam fries were very good. We'll definitely go back, we'll just avoid the pulled pork.Special Features:
- We tried Firecreek's new menuOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 4/10/2013We tried Firecreek's new menu the first night it was available. However it seemed the kitchen wasn't ready for the new menu, as the only dish that wasn't overcooked was my Caesar salad appetizer. My husband ordered the rib appetizer, which arrived charred to a crisp in some spots. His duck breast entree was overdone, and the potato side that came with it looked like a hockey puck, completely burned on the bottom. I had the mahi mahi which was also overcooked to the point of dryness. The service was very good, and we were able to enjoy the unseasonably warm weather on the patio, which was very nice. Unfortunately the poor quality of the food was a disappointment.Special Features:
- Very enjoyable meal... definitelyOutAndAboutVIPDined on 4/7/2013Very enjoyable meal... definitely improved from last visit, and we hope the trend continues. Looking forward to the new menu.Special Features:
- The food and the service wereOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 4/5/2013The food and the service were excellent and we would definitely return