365 West 46th Street
New York, NY 10036Neighborhood:
Theater District / Times Square
RussianPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.firebirdrestaurant.com/
- Phone: 2125860244
- Hours of Operation:
Saturday and Sunday 11:00am - 4:00pm Lunch: Monday to Saturday: 11:45am - 2:30pm Dinner: Sunday to Tuesday 5:00pm - 9:00pm Wednesday to Saturday: 5:00pm -11:00pm Closed Memorial Day, July 4th, Labor Day, Christmas Day and New Years Day.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Russian, European, French
- Executive Chef: Paul Joseph
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Entertainment, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: We can host a private party for 5 to 400. Our venue is perfect for Tour Groups, Meetings, Corporate Events, Weddings, Rehearsal Dinner, Bridal Shower, Birthdays Celebrations and much more. With all the grandeur and perfection of the events held in the past by the Czars of Russia
- Private Party Facilities: Legendary Russian restaurant conveniently located on New York’s Restaurant Row has been the formal dining and party room experience to many famous guests like former president of the United States, famed Hollywood actors, directors, Broadway and international performers, just to mention a few.
- Private Party Contact: Nick 2125860244
- Entertainment: Piano Lounge
- Special Events: Keeping off our new weekend brunch starting Mother's Day. Coming this June a special dinner and show with the ABT ballet featuring the Firebird Ballet! Look at www.abt.org
A word from Firebird Restaurant
Firebird, Opulent decor, "Regal" service, and "Divine" Vodkas that may inspire you to shout, "Bring back the Tsar" (Zagat). If you only dine once in Manhattan, dine like a Tsar. Lunch from 11:45am - 2:30 pm Lunch Pre-Fixe $21 and $44.95 Dinner Pre-Fixe available everyday from 5pm - 7pm.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Firebird Restaurant reviews from OpenTable diners
- Had a Very Nice TimeOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 4/3/2014The server was super helpful and very friendly. Definitely enjoyed the honey infused vodka cocktail they recommended. The food was really good. It was a good sized filling portion too. Being a food lover that was a major concern for me.Special Features:
- lovelybetsyVIPDined on 3/29/2014great pre theater. decor lovely but a little tired.Special Features:
- Disappointing Serviceboxco250Dined on 3/23/2014Food was fine (nothing special for the price but not bad either) Experience of taking my son out for his birthday after the theater was greatly diminished by the surly disinterested waiter who felt he was doing us a major favor by throwing our food down on our table. He was quite the opposite, however, when a table of 20something girls sat down next to us. He practically fell all over them , joking, explaining the menu and trying to be his version of charming. Barely answered our questions,really unprofessional and made us uncomfortable and unwelcome. We tipped the requisite 20% because the captain and busboy were okay. With so many world class restaurants in that area we wont be visiting this place again.
- Ethnic delightJoeyVIPDined on 3/8/2014We had an enjoyable meal at this restaurant. The menu was not so extensive but had good choices. A little pricey, but the drinks were reasonable for New York. The duck I had was cooked to perfection, my wifes stroganoff was very tasty. Service was good, drinks were also served in a quickly fashion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- comfortable and quietregina21Dined on 3/8/2014The staff is friendly and the food is prepared well. The menu online for brunch is much more varied then the actual offerings at the Firebird, For a Saturday at 11:45am, we would have liked more of a variety in the selections both for the breakfast items and the lunch items. There was also just one type of bread for toast and it was similar to a melba toast in texture and size.Overall we would have been more satisfied if the menu matched what is printed for a menu in the online sample or close. Our group would perhaps try a dinner there if we should go again but the brunch lacks the choices to actually be one.Special Features:
- Great for Theatre-goersOpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 3/6/2014Two for the price of one. Park once, eat AND walk to the theatre. Wonderful food, service, ambience. Most Broadway theatres are just around the corner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Imperialism needs to be reinvented.PelhamFoodieVIPDined on 3/1/2014Over all this past weekend, my family and I had a great time celebrating my aunts birthday. However, after going to Firebird for decades, a few of the charms and niceties have seemed to disappear. When a restaurant is billed for fine dining in the European style, there are a few things you expect ie: bread and a bread plate, which was there the last time we all dined as a group there. Also, we all are use to being served at the same time, which also was a standard that is now gone. Finally, we ordered Bananas Foster and were extremely disappointed that the table side presentation was put between us and a table behind us to share. Over all a nice night out, however the restaurant should revisit how to improve their lacking standardsSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Interesting food, but tired decor..KateDined on 3/1/2014Flavored vodkas were unique and fun, but the decor is misrepresented in the photos. The dramatic and beautiful ceiling tree with golds leaves is GONE and replaced only by a mirror. Furniture which I'm sure once was luzurious now seems dusty. Some of the waiters seemed bored, tired and a bit grumpy. Food was fine - and different - but not as delicious as the price should require.
- very cozy midtown findfussydinerDined on 3/1/2014The ambiance was very romantic and intimate. We particularly loved the honey vodka.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful Russian RestaurantMichDined on 2/28/2014Excellent food & service. Outstanding menu. Fabulous selections of Russian &I other vodka. Check out the bar& its great bartender, Marius!! He'll give you a firstwonderful rate education about vodka.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great pre-theater optionchrisfromtexasVIPDined on 2/22/2014Elegant and charming ambiance, combined with attentive service and above-average food, make this a top choice for pre-theater or post matinee dining.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Super Romantic RestaurantCtinasingDined on 2/19/2014Best for romantic evenings when you want to be tucked away from the rest of NYC, or special occasions. The ambiance drew us into this restaurant. That's the draw, not necessarily the food. Apps and drinks the strongest. Drinks: Anything with honey infused vodka: I had the Firebird Kiss (amazing and sweet) and husband had Moscow moose (awesome and refreshing) Appetizers: A+ !!! Vareniki (potato dumpling) and Firebird salad. both great and generous portions. Entrees were good, but a little bland. could use more seasoning. I liked the chicken kiev. Hubby had beef stroganov--was a little bland to me. Chocolate supreme cake decadent and rich. Make sure you tour the upstairs and take your time!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A night on the townRolloDined on 2/15/2014A night out at Firbirds is special whether you are a thre for a romantic dinner, a family showing children the luxury of old Russia or just enjoy vodka flights withcaviar. The selection of infused vodkas is impressive and is designed to complement a menu of russian classics. Everything is done with an emphasis on service and presenation including the flambe of the banana's Foster. They also inlude a prix fix menue that will hlep those on a budget avoid surprises at the end of the evening. Located in the theater district it makes for an excellent pretheater dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good but Pricy!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/14/2014Spent $160 with tip for a meal for two......food was good but not worth the price. They got me with the appetizer for two which ended up being very pricey.Special Features:
- Great food and beautiful ambiance SOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/9/2014Great food and beautiful ambiance Staff was helpful with cocktail suggestions, Look forward to going back!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not worth the doughOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 2/2/2014We went on a Sunday for an early dinner after a matinee. I don't know why they open on a Sunday afternoon -- we were the only group in the restaurant. It looks like a late evening spot so why open on off hours? Given that no one else was there, we should have received incredible service, but the waiters were not very attentive. Food was OK, but very pricey. I would not dine here again even for a special occasion as the food is not worth the cost. We were not impressed.Special Features:
- Firebird; An Oasis in a StormFamilyfunDined on 2/1/2014Firebird is a calm, restful dining experience with superb service and a fine menu. I would highly recommend it to discerning diners.Special Features:
- DelightfulOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 1/29/2014We had a wonderful lunch in a quiet restaurant. The service was attentive and unobtrusive. We'll try this again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food was ordinary, servicecalgirldinerDined on 1/26/2014Food was ordinary, service not sufficiently attentive.
- ExcellentDan1473Dined on 1/22/2014Excellent atmosphere, excellent service and excellent food - the Beef Stroganoff was amazing! Located on West 46th near 9th - only a 7 minute walk to our theater that eveningSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful restaurant row choiceMarlboroManDined on 1/22/2014Great choice on restaurant row. Have a drink at the bar first (large variety of house infused Vodkas and specialty cocktails ... get the Moscow Mule or honey vodka) and then enjoy talking with Marius the bartender, who has traveled the world and is friendly and helpful and fun. Excellent Russian cuisine amid a beautiful setting served by experienced old world waiters who will educate you on the proper way to eat caviar. This restaurant epitomizes the difference between dining and eating.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Old World CharmSuzieqDined on 1/21/2014Firebird Restaurant has an old world charm that you rarely find anymore. The service was excellent, but particularly notable is Firebird's house infused vodkas. Honey infused vodka makes a splendid aperitif, and favors such as ginger, and horse radish complement the hearty entree selections. Firebird also boasts an extensive vodka menu from around the world, but I have never had any as good as their house infused-just the thing on a snowy winter evening in Manhattan!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- UniqueBonnieDined on 1/19/2014This restaurant offered a different menu than most in the broadway area! The food was delicious! For vodka lovers, there is an extensive list of vodka. Would definitely go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- prix fixesunneDined on 1/15/2014barely any meat on the chicken price fix...way overpriced
- Dieters only!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 1/10/2014If you are watching your waist but not you wallet this is the pace for you! Over priced for not much food, no noise at all. Deathly quiet!
- Great old world placeOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 1/3/2014The service was old-time proficient. Decor was classy. Saw six Bananas Foster's made at the tables!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Make that kid be quite!FindologistVIPDined on 1/1/2014Everything was great, except for the screaming child that no one was will to ask them to take the child out even after we and others complained. It ruined the evening for us. Not sure if we would go back if there was a child in the resaurantSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just a hint of UkraineJrzgirlDined on 1/1/2014The service was good and the ambience was nice. There were a few menu selections that brought back memories of the Ukraine. The food was very good, but not as good as my grandmother used to make.Special Features:
- A lovely experience.annieTDined on 12/31/2013I have always enjoyed the Firebird for its service, ambience and food. It is also very romantic.Special Features:
- We went to Firebird beforeCowtownFoodieVIPDined on 12/30/2013We went to Firebird before heading to a show. It was pretty quiet and there were not a lot of people there, but we didn't care as we had heard good things and plus we were wiped after a long day sightseeing. The food did not disappoint. My husband had the borscht and it was great, I had the lamb which was so tender, and my friend had the duck which she deemed the best meal we had all week in NYC. This was a nice place to go to before the show and I would recommend to others.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- nice russian restaurantbastabobVIPDined on 12/24/2013I enjoyed my experience at this restaurant. Though the service could have been better (crumbs left on table, etc), the food was good, though nothing spectacular. The atmosphere is lovely, but again, not anything to write home about.Special Features:
- The service was excellentDonnaVIPDined on 12/24/2013The service was excellent with plenty of attention to details. The caviar was beautifully presented. The stroganoff was delicious. We felt the menu was limited. The decor was a bit worn. Would eat there again.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food!travelingeaterDined on 12/21/2013Being Russian myself, I guess I assumed that all Russian food was sour or bland. I was so wrong! Borscht is wonderful! I had the salmon pastry which was great, too. I loved the lamb dumpling appetizer. We went before a Broadway show and it was a very easy walk to the theater.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ExperiencerosieDined on 12/18/2013Only regret that we had to leave rather quickly that we didn't get to enjoy the desserts -- which appeared to be splendid. The ambience was wonderful and the waiter very attentive. Walked away with a feeling that "we should return." The salmon was delicious!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WineOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 12/14/2013The wine list is notably expensive for the product offered. The variety and quality of the wines is poor.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Russian restaurantMarsanDined on 12/7/2013In theatre district on Restaurant Row. Had reservation. We were seated on second floor room beautifully furnished and decorated with atmosphere of Russian royalty. 2 nicely furnished lounge areas with chandeliers. Nicer than first floor dining rooms which were also very nice. Food was very tasty and nicely presented. Quiet and relaxing. Would return in a minute!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service issuesBeseatedVIPDined on 12/7/2013Our waiter was preoccupied with an overcrowded table next to us and mostly ignored us (a group of four women) throughout the meal, then apologized afterward. The table next to us was so close our chair backs were pushed in every time the waiter passed. But after recommending this place to the friends we brought along, it was a major disappointment. Probably will not go back for this reason. The food was good, and the infused vodka delicious. However, the experience was less enjoyable than anticipated.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Russian with a flareTomLikesGoodFoodDined on 12/6/2013Four of us had nice meals, very different choices, and we all enjoyed what we ordered. Much of what we had was new to us since we were not familiar with Russian cuisine.I would recommend this to a friend.
- We went before heading towagsyDined on 12/4/2013We went before heading to the theatre. The restaurant itself is a bit tired. Looks great from the front but could do with a revamp. That said, the food was pretty good and the Russian beer lovely. The staff were friendly too. Don't expect to be wowed. But you won't be disappointed either.
- It's been 10 years, but still a gemOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 11/30/2013When I was looking for an apres-theatre dinner place, I remembered I had enjoyed a lovely meal with my Russian-born daughter at Firebird many years ago. This time, with my mother and husband, I enjoyed again the ambience, the service and the impeccable caviar and vodka flights! Don't forget to finish your evening with an after dinner drink and chai with sour cherries...heaven!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.