325 W Central Ave
Winter Haven, FL 33881Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.thefirerestaurant.com/
- Phone: 8638755544
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch Daily: 11:00am - 4:00pm; Dinner Nightly: 4:00pm - 10:00pm
Late Night menu available 10:00pm-close
(7 Days a Week)
- Payment Options: Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Bar / Lounge / Bottle Service, American, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: Brett Hill
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Late Night, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: We offer party platters for pick up only. Our platter menu includes salads with our house-made dressings, wings, sliders, gourmet sandwiches or any special requests a guest may have.
- Entertainment: Our entertainment is forever changing. Please friend us on facebook.com/thefirerestaurant or check out our website at www.thefirerestaurant.com
A word from Fire
Come join us at Fire in downtown Winter Haven and enjoy a casual dining experience featuring chef driven menus, angus beef, burgers, steaks, fresh seafood, wings and salads- full service bar indoor and outdoor with live entertainment on the patio every weekend, weather permiting. Also check out our location in downtown Auburndale.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Fire reviews from OpenTable diners
10 reviews since June 27, 2014
- Ambiance3.3Noise LevelModerate
good for groups (5)neighborhood gem (5)great for outdoor dining (5)special occasion (4)great for lunch (4)romantic (3)late-night find (3)kid-friendly (3)vibrant bar scene (2)fit for foodies (2)hot spot (1)Show More
- Menu needs some lifeOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/16/2014The menu was lackluster. The survey indicates I have to write a review that is at least 50 characters in length which is annoying.Special Features:
- Birthday DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/29/2014I chose Fire for my Birthday Dinner and was not disappointed! Our food was perfectly cooked, served in a timely, unhurried manner. Our 3 generation family group all enjoyed the experience!Special Features:
- very disappointedOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 9/28/2014Restaurant was very dark and we were one of the very few people in the restaurant.Out of wines on the wine list. Poor selection. Food was just OK nothing special. We couldn't wait to finish and leave. Very disappointing.
- Mmmmm.....good!!!TacyannDined on 9/13/2014This was a very exciting find!!! The food was great and service was fantastic!!!! Fairly priced for the portions that you get. We will be back for more!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just OKOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/25/2014We met old friends there for dinner. We live near Clearwater and they were visiting Orlando. We were more interested in catching-up than the food but it was just OK. I thought the prices were fair (not too expensive) but my husband's salmon (he said) was terrible. I had a New York strip but elected not to have all the "stuff" on it. I like my steak plain. It was cooked just right and was good but not great. Salads were ice cold, which is important to me. We didn't ask our friends how their food was, but no one was raving about it. I would say if we were ever in Winter Haven again, (unlikely) we might give it another try.
- Late Sumer Nightufmark79Dined on 7/10/2014I'm glad they were open late, everything was good. It was slow on a rainy summer night. I'll go back and get more adventurous in my ordering.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 36 reviews are from the Fire reviews archive.
- Great steaksrebeccaDined on 6/6/2014Great steaks cooked perfectly at a great price and good strong drinksSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- jeffroDined on 5/17/2014Was a great time by all. I saw everyone having a great time. The waitress outback was outstanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Terrific dining experienceMark4DiningVIPDined on 4/12/2014Dined at Fire on Saturday, April 12th with seven others in my party. Try the flatbread with figs and bacon as an appetizer - excellent! My ribeye was cooked perfectly and was served over a bed of corn. The service was attentive but not overwhelming. Was disappointed the chef did not come out to meet and greet.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great neighborhood restaurantRelaxingTimeForAllDined on 3/21/2014Good service, good food and good ambiance. Overall nice restaurant. Live music on Saturday nights starting at 8:00.Special Features:
- BeveragesOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/14/2014The Margaritas were not very good and the Chardonnay tasted bland. Otherwise, food and service were quite goodSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great as usual! Staff wereRobynDined on 3/1/2014Great as usual! Staff were helpful and courteous at all times.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- What a find!kellygirl6872Dined on 2/19/2014Was visiting the Bartow area and wanted a nice place for dinner. What a find! The food was amazing and not what you would expect at first glance. Everything was expertly prepared! We ordered the fried mushroom appetizer and were so surprised when it came. I expected white mushrooms and was stunned with delicious portabello "planks". Everything was delicious! If I come back to the area I will definitely return!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Enjoyed Valentines Day dinnerSkipDined on 2/14/2014I took my Valentine to Fire and we both loved it. She has an issue with fish but she had plenty of choices. She likes the mack and cheese side and the steaks. It was as good as I could have hoped for. We will continue to enjoy special dinners there.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing burgersLaurenDined on 2/14/2014My husband and I both ordered burgers for our meals. They were cooked to order and delicious. We tried the truffle macaroni & cheese as well. All of the food was incredible. Since it was Valentine's Day, we expected the restaurant to be crowded. It was certainly that. The servers seemed to be a bit overwhelmed but that was understandable - there were parties of 10+ all around us. There was a harpist playing music on the front stage which was lovely. We were seated in the very back so we couldn't hear it very well but it was a smart musical choice for a "romantic" evening. We are looking forward to going back soon to try the wings!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Active LocationBigEDined on 1/11/2014While the food is good, the real charm is the bar. A live band keeps the activity vibrant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GreatSammieDined on 1/7/2014Great place to eat, spend time with family/friends without a lot of background noise.Special Features:
- NEW YEARS EVEMIKEDined on 12/31/2013WE WERE THERE FOR NEW YEARS, AND IT WAS A HOOT! THE BAND WAS GREAT. I LIKE A STRONG DRINK AND THEY DONT FREE POUR. OTHER THAN THAT....FANDAMTASTIC!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food, but....JeriDined on 12/31/2013The food and service were great, but the music was too loud even though we were as far away from it as possible. Band was not particularly good, and the high ceilings tend to echo, so this really impacted our enjoyment of the evening. The singer was supposed to be doing Frank Sinatra, but did a variety of "oldies", all of which would have been better at a lower level. Will go back, but only on evenings with no "live entertainment".I would recommend this to a friend.
- We found Fire on open tableEnjoyFoodBizAndPleasureVIPDined on 12/31/2013We found Fire on open table while visiting my parents from out-of-town with our 4-yr-old. We went for a last minute, early New Year's Eve celebration. The Chef's and his wife's hospitality management credentials really showed with a well-run, organized, independent restaurant. We were greeted professionally, seated right away, and had great service all evening. Everyone in the place was enjoying the Sinatra night tunes and the wonderful food. The menu was excellent but we all went with the prix fixe dinner for two, which included a premium 7-oz filet and succulent, fresh lobster tail. The presentation was well planned and executed. Chef or someone was reviewing plates, because they all looked perfect. Delicious sauce. &warm lava cake!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent evening - didn'tRobynDined on 11/16/2013Excellent evening - didn't realize they could do better than Fire in Auburndale but the atmosphere is better, food is excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Had a Pleasant DinnerErinDined on 10/31/2013Very nice menu selection and the food is very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A great find!powpacDined on 9/21/2013A friend & I just stopped in for lunch while shopping in the area & it was so good that we brought our husbands back for dinner a few days later. Everyone was pleased with their entrees--one had a sirloin steak, one had broiled shrimp and two of us had the beef medallions. We all really enjoyed our meals. Would have loved to try the loaded potato soup but were afraid we wouldn't be able to finish our entrees if we had the soup beforehand. Will definitely be back and are so pleased that Fire takes reservations!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food, friendly staffTracyVIPDined on 9/21/2013My wife and I had a good experience and will return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Marvelous mahi mahiFirsttimerDined on 9/13/2013Had the blackened mahi and risotto and it was delicious. Highly recommend. The $15 bottle of wine never disappoints. Need to keep this "fire" going. They also have fantastic burgers.Special Features:
- Disappointment.LuvtoeatoutVIPDined on 8/3/2013Wasn't expecting a loud, noisy bar. Inexperienced staff didn't help. Food came out while we were eating our appetizers. Never got my coffee until after we finished dessert. Food was fair but I would never go backSpecial Features:
- Part of 10!SaavydinerDined on 8/2/2013We had a party of 10 for a 70th bday and the service was spot on. All the food ordered, pork chop, steak, tuna salad, and appetizers were excellent. The only complaint we could find is with the butterflied shrimp and when it came out it was fried and small, not what we expected.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Disappointing this time...VictorDined on 7/19/2013Would normally rave about Fire, but disappointed this time. Went with a group of friends, and service was good, but food was not as ordered and waitress seemed unprepared to address a complaint.... Meals were great, just seemed several servers that served us were inexperienced. Have had great meals in the past, so not enough to keep us away, hope next time is better....Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good lunchOpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 7/12/2013Driving through and found Fire on Open Table. Great lunchSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food, good service, goodTracyVIPDined on 5/18/2013Good food, good service, good prices, and good atmosphere. I will return to Fire.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Neighborhood gemuncarichDined on 5/18/2013The menu while not extensive offers something for everyone without breaking the bank. Good steaks with a twist on flavor and excellent burgers and fish entrees. A little noisy but it goes with this type of casual dining scene. Plenty of very helpful waitstaff eager to arrange your meal your way. Cheerful and attentive in their demeanor they help make Fire a winner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Already respondedjimmyDined on 5/16/2013I already responded to the warm wine and no fish on the night of our reservation. I can't say I was overwhelmed by the response I received so as a result I doubt whether any of my party will return to your establishment. Thank you and good luck
- Great FoodSLynncDined on 5/12/2013We have eaten at Fire in Winter Haven twice in the past month for dinner. Both times the food was excellent. We will definitely e back. We enjoy casual dining and highly recommend Fire.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent! Thrilled to havefrancesca123Dined on 5/12/2013Excellent! Thrilled to have a neighborhood restaurant of such quality!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great burgers!TravelforworkVIPDined on 5/7/2013Ate here for lunch, had the mushroom and swiss burger and sweet potato fries. Best burger I've had in a long time. Service good too. I'll def be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellantWMBRDined on 5/4/2013An evening enjoyed with very good food and a server who was service orientated. We as two older couples had a great time over dinner and then later a drink out the the open area. "Fire" made our evening as a first time customer.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Cozy downtown restaurantcessnagirlDined on 4/27/2013Terrific food and lots of it! Our server was friendly, prompt and got our orders right. Indoor and outdoor seating available.Special Features:
- Good but not Great, ServerEddieDined on 4/16/2013Good but not Great, Server not real friendly, not rude but would not ask for her...Special Features:
- I think the restaurant isOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/13/2013I think the restaurant is great. We just moved to Winter Haven from Cincinnati. Cincinnati is full of unique restaurants So we were greatful to find a place that feels confortable, good service and a great value. And I love to eat outside. I always feel like on vacation.Special Features:
- The waitress was nice, butOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/22/2013The waitress was nice, but did not even offer to do anything about my very under cooked steak. I even asked in advance about how they were cooked to make sure I ordered it correctly. Fried mushrooms made a nice app. and the wings were average. A real steak place would have nothing to worry about, but for an open style place with a bar, it was nice.Special Features: