4455 Lougheed Hwy
Burnaby, BC V5C 3Z2Neighborhood:
Contemporary AsianPrice: CAN$30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.firepots.ca/
- Phone: 604-293-9955
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Saturday: 11:00am - 5:00pm
Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 12:00am
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Contemporary Asian, Chinese, Tapas / Small Plates
- Executive Chef: Terence Au
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Fire Pots
Fire Pots offers Modernized Chinese and pan-Asian hot pots. We also serve Asian fusion tapas and desserts. We are equipped with a full bar with a cocktail list and various wine and beer selections.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Fire Pots reviews from OpenTable diners
5 reviews since May 21, 2014
- Ambiance3.8Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (3)fit for foodies (3)great for lunch (2)late-night find (1)hot spot (1)good for groups (1)special occasion (1)vibrant bar scene (1)Show More
- It's good for the price..albakoDined on 5/25/2014It lacks a little bit of flavour, but the meat was very good. There was only one server working...so that part sucked..it took a while for our first drinks, then also refills, we had to ask for them ourselves.Special Features:
- Wasn't ImpressedSManneDined on 5/23/2014Went for lunch with a work colleague and we were very excited to try it out. The atmosphere and service were great, but the food lacked flavor. The broth goes on the stove and we put the vegetables in, and it took forever to cook. We ended up eating raw vegetables, noodles and meat and having to add tons of flavoring to make it taste edible.
- The following 19 reviews are from the Fire Pots reviews archive.
- great food, young feelmustlikephoDined on 5/2/2014Went here late Friday night, food was great, drink deals included complimentary bottled beer with each order, with a great bar menu to compliment.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Atmosphere was good... food was mehOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/21/2014Maybe had too high of expectations of this hot pot restaurant going in because as a hot pot place, it's a place that we will never return. The beef slices were too thick that it made it very chewy and tough... and it wasn't because we kept it in the hot pot for too long... we've been to enough of them to know how long to keep the items in the pot. Also, the vegetables didn't seem fresh. It was like they were pre-cut and then put into the freezer. Too bad the food is what's keeping us away... because the service and the ambiance were really good.
- love the conceptsatisfiedDined on 2/20/2014This is a great idea. Cooking your own food using fresh, delicious ingredients. They were able to cater for our tight time frame, by allowing a pre-order and brining it to us as soon as we arrived.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun Hot Pot SettingSeafoodLoverVIPDined on 1/29/2014Our group of four came for hotpots. This place has great potential for fun family or other group gatherings as everyone can order their individual pots and control their individual electric burners. We shared a couple of tapas to start, gyoza and spring rolls, the former was tasty. As we each ordered a different hotpot, we had different experiences. One of our group was very happy with her choice (spicy szechuan with lamb), but the rest were a bit disappointed. The waitress was friendly but quite absent-minded. She made a few mistakes in the orders, and also took away foods or utensils that were still in use. Considering it was a quiet day for the lunch hour (we were the only table left around 2pm), she could have been more attentive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- This is such a great place!KatiaDined on 1/24/2014This is such a great place! Have been here a few times and every new pot I try is better than the last. So much amazing and healthy food for a very reasonable price, really good drink specials, and even though the staff is a bit disorganised, they are soo nice :] Love this restaurant!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food, great service!NateDined on 12/21/2013Overall, the atmosphere at Fire Pots was great! Very different in comparison to other restaurants, as in, it is great for a small group of friends, but yet it is also good for dates or special occasions. The food was really delicious overall, and all my friends mentioned they enjoyed it. The service was excellent! The waitress was really kind to us, always asking how we are doing, etc. I wish I knew her name!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pre-Christmas Group DinnerAsianFoodFansDined on 12/16/2013Thoroughly enjoyed the food and the experience. The option to create custom hot pots with a choice of sauces and ingredients is a great feature. The homemade Honey Green Tea Ice Cream was yummy. Staff is friendly and helpful. Prices are very reasonable (Hot pot plus one drink and ice cream was only $25). Will be back. Enter the underground parking from Rosser Ave. for three hours free parking. Since it was a Monday night the restaurant was quiet but will probably be noisier when full.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- the restaurant has a lot processunniDined on 12/12/2013the restaurant has a lot process problems, specially scaling issue. the current model may work good for 1 or 2 customers but when its some where 40% full , we waited for 2 hrs. You need to change your process with 1) starters need to reach table fast than let people wait for hrs 2) you should define a max wait time for serving ( say 30 minutes , food should be served )
- Enjoyed food but poor serviceSuzanneDined on 12/11/2013Being the only one who had been to this restaurant before within my group, the service was disappointing and horrible. They had only one server for the whole restaurant and it was busy for a Wednesday evening. After we received our food, the server never came by to even ask us how things were with our food or if we wanted anything else. We did want desert but since we could not get her attention for most of the evening, we gave up on that idea. We literally had to go and get the server to ask for our bill since she was busy and we could not get her attention. She would totally ignore our table as she walked by to serve the other tables.Special Features:
- The individual hot pots arejudiciousDined on 12/6/2013The individual hot pots are great. The are a hearty size at a good price and I love the ceramic.Special Features:
- First visitbuckDined on 12/3/2013We were a group of 8 for lunch and we found the service to be very slow. This was not due to staff as there were only two other tables filled. Slowness was probably due to the nature of the food preperation and I would not recommend this restaurant for lunch, however I would very much do so for supper provided you are not in a rush. Food was excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food was delicious. Lots ofOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 11/29/2013Food was delicious. Lots of food, but there should be when you pay that much. The servers didnt seem to communicate with each other, but I wouldnt say the service was bad.Special Features:
- Funky diningDebzDined on 10/4/2013Funky place. Friendly staff. Great concept, something different. Good prices. It's worth a try.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Atmosphere, Great ServiceOyeahDined on 9/21/2013A group of 4 of us went for friday night dinner. It is right across the street from our highrise so it was very convenient. The atmosphere was excellent. It was very busy and they played fun, upbeat music for a younger/hip crowd. Age of guests looked about 20-40 ish. Our waiter was attentive and knowledgeable. He brought us all a shooter on the house which was a nice touch. The food was amazing! The portion sizes for what you pay are huge and the prices are very reasonable to begin with. The fact that is is super healthy is another bonus. We had a great time here and will definitely be going back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food great serviceFoodyDined on 9/20/2013Restaurant was clean, food was fresh and delicious and the service was greatSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Contemporary Hot Pot ServiceSeafoodLoverVIPDined on 8/26/2013The restaurant has a very attractive set up for hot pots and an interesting tapas menu. Each diner has an individual flat glass top burner for individual hot pots. My friend and I didn't try any of the hot pots this time as we were a bit pressed for time. The wonton chips with dip served at the beginning was excellent---not at all greasy. The portions for tapas are generous and the prices are very reasonable. The Hainanese chicken I had was fried or roasted, topped with chopped onions and herbs, not the usual plain boiled chicken with a light brown sauce. The dish was a bit dry and the chicken was a bit hard. The kitchen was concerned with the smallish portion of our orders and brought extra later. Service was very good. They aim to please!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Royal Treatmentkamloops1Dined on 8/23/2013We had several food restrictions among the party, so the ability to pick and choose our ingredients meant that everyone's needs could be accommodated. Controlling the cooking of our own dishes added to the entertainment value of the meal. The food was healthy, tasty, and excellent quality. It was great to be able to attend a high quality restaurant in the neighbourhood, not having to drive across town. Parking was easy to find and free. When the servers learned that there was a birthday in the group, little "extras" appeared at our table, totally unexpected and much appreciated. Service was very friendly and efficient, and I felt that we got good value for what we paid for the meal and drinks. We will definitely return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good First VisitFirsttimerDined on 8/23/2013Overall, the service & food at this location was outstanding. Food and drinks came quickly and there were even drink on the house due to a special occasion. The hotpot stoves were non-operational until the food came so it is kid-friendly. The broth of the food was rich in flavour and the whole group enjoyed the experience. One person even commented that they enjoyed watching a staff member making chocolate fondue at the counter. The only thing that was odd was that there weren't very many guests in the restaurant during our stay.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food is good but a bit over pricedOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 8/20/2013Cool to have lots of choices of drinks with alcohol and atmosphere for a hotpot place. Place is nice and clean .. Food is fresh, however, over priced. If you choose to pick the soup base, meat, vegies, etc on your own, for example, beef is like $5 for approx. 15 slices ...and if you want to choose another kind of meat/vegies/mushroom/special sauces .. you'll need to pay additionally for each you pick. It could turn out to be a $30 meal not including drink and tax ..Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.