fire food and drink
13220 Shaker Square
Cleveland, OH 44120Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
fire food and drink
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.firefoodanddrink.com/
- Phone: (216) 921-3473
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Tuesday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm, Brunch Saturday - Sunday 10:00 - 2:00 pm Sunday Dinner: 5:00pm - 10:00pm; Saturday and Sunday Brunch: 10:00am – 2:00pm, Please Note: Parties of 9 or more, please call the restaurant!
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Douglas Katz
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Counter Seating, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area (bar only), Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: fire does one-of-a-kind catering functions based on customer requests.
- Private Party Facilities: Fire offers a private dining room accommodating up to 35 guests & is available lunch, dinner & Sunday brunch. Audio visual supplies & valet parking available on request.
- Private Party Contact: Hillary Lyon 2169213473x148
- Special Events: Please see our events page at: http://firefoodanddrink.com/category/events
A word from fire food and drink
Red hot... just like the name, fire was smoking from the start. Owner-chef Douglas Katz hit a bull's-eye with this trendy American bistro. There are no gimmicks here. Just simple wood-fired cooking served in a hip urban space with sleek lines & an open kitchen. fire's staff is among the best in Cleveland!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Brunch
fire food and drink - Best Restaurants in Shaker Square ›
fire food and drink reviews from OpenTable diners
205 reviews since July 27, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (159)neighborhood gem (142)special occasion (108)great for outdoor dining (91)great for brunch (86)hot spot (63)good for groups (54)notable wine list (41)romantic (34)great for lunch (17)vibrant bar scene (15)late-night find (15)scenic view (12)kid-friendly (11)Show More
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/21/2014never had a bad experience here, a great place to go, although pricy-nice staff and great choices and deliciousSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SLOW!OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 11/15/2014We were seated at 8:00 PM and left at 9:45. Service was very slow. Even after we inquired to ensure our order was not lost, nothing changed. Overall, when we spend that much money, we expect service & food to match. We ordered a bottle of wine & they couldn't find it. It was disappointing.Special Features:
- 5 Stars!!!!!JillDined on 11/15/2014Our evening at Fire was exceptional! From start to finish it was memorable for all the reasons that make a restaurant top notch. Our waitress, Stephanie was phenomenal and surprised me with a special treat when I couldn't decide between 2 entrees. She brought me a tiny serving of the chicken liver dish which was,bar none, the best I have ever tasted! We appreciated that the chef came over to our table to ask how our meals were and to converse with us a few moments which to me signals a restaurant that truly cares about its customers. The food was fantastic! All in all, accolades for food, drink, service and ambience...it just doesn't get better than this!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Restaurant weekmulan14Dined on 11/13/2014My friend really enjoyed her pork belly entree . Their vegetarian options were inadequate . They only offered one entree , stuff cabbage ( stuffed with vegetables of course ) . I liked their cocktails , very refreshing and the desserts .Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding Restaurant!!BobLDined on 11/11/2014We had a wonderful dinner, and they made a special cake for us that was fabulous as well!!! We will be back many times!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- dinner after a show2catDined on 11/9/2014Our food was wonderful and our server Jennifer was delightful and on top of everything. Great night out.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- They should improve vegan optionsCHF216VIPDined on 11/9/2014Service was ok. The waitress did not know much about the menu. Vegan brunch option was not very good.Special Features:
- Fantastic BrunchbrunchguyVIPDined on 11/9/2014Great spot, as always, for brunch. Took Dad for his birthday and the food and service were outstanding. Quite a good Bloody Mary to boot!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never Disappoints!bebeDined on 11/9/2014Fire is one of my go-to places for a great meal and a lovely dining experience, always.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Brunch with friendsBeeBahDined on 11/9/2014Thoroughly enjoyed it. Our server, Carly was great. Food was wonderful, as always.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent as alwaysBrownDined on 11/8/2014Always excellent. Food was fantastic (try the duck or the burger). Chef Doug always stops by to say hello and make everyone feel welcome. One of the best overall dining experiences in town.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Saturday Night!MissJMWVIPDined on 11/8/2014Had a great Saturday date night celebrating our anniversary. My hanger steak was prepared to my liking and the flavor was divine, as were the sides. My boyfriend got the pasta and enjoyed every last bite. The Jackie'o dessert was amazing along with my cappuccino! Server was very kind and knowledgeable about the menu too. We will be back for another wonderful evening.Special Features:
- Fire restaurant reviewpjeanVIPDined on 11/8/2014My guests and I had a fantastic time on Saturday, Nov. 8th! We absolutely loved sitting in the separate dining area! Our waitress was very attentive to our needs. The chef introduced himself to us and later came back to ask us if we were enjoying ourselves and filled our water glasses. The waiter with the locks was superb! He gave us such compliments and made us feel very special! We won't hesitate to return and will tell all our friends about your restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/8/2014Our dinner at fire 11/8/14 was outstanding. As requested with reservation, we had a lovely window table. From appetizers thru dessert, our meal was excellent. Husband declared the onion soup the best he's had. Fresh dressing on autumn salad, delicious hand rolled pasta, tender ribeye steak--all were excellent. We were especially impressed with our service. Chef Katz stopped by our table to welcome us. Our waiter and other staff attended to every detail. Wonderful dining experience, highly recommend!Special Features:
- Excellent Dining ExperienceKatCallDined on 11/8/2014The food, delicious - impeccable, enthusiastic service - an overall wonderful dining experience. I would highly recommend "Fire" to everyone.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- TonyDined on 11/7/2014New fall menu was excellent. Service was slow because of a large function going on elsewhere in the restaurant, but we were given complementary cheese plate for 4 to compensate while we waited.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fire and FriendsOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 11/7/2014This restaurant is a local gem. Not the first time we've been there and will go back again, and again.Special Features:
- Left Without EatingDisappointedDined on 11/6/2014We went to Fire for the first time to try it during Restaurant Week. We left without eating because there were only 2 entrees on the menu and one was pork belly, the other a pasta dish. We were surprised and disappointed that the choices were so limited.
- Dinner With FriendsJeffVIPDined on 11/1/2014Saturday night at Fire was a terrific experience. The restaurant is packed, the noise level is high, the food is always great, and the service is even better. We had a very good server that made an excellent meal even better. Everyone had something different and all meals were outstanding. Thanks for making Fire one of the cities top restaurants!!Special Features:
- Love this placeClevelandgalDined on 10/29/2014Excellent meal, noise level lively but was still able to carry on a conversation, excellent service and the food was perfectly prepared.Special Features:
- New fall menu is excellentOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 10/28/2014Enjoyed dinner at fire once again. It was the first night with their new menu (they had literally launched it only a couple of hours prior) and the only problem was the speed of the kitchen. Hopefully they will be quicker once the new menu items aren't so "new" anymore. Hanger steak, Tilefish and Tandoor pork chop were all excellent. Great server and good ambiance. The crowd was small on a Tuesday night, so the noise was quieter than usual. Always a great experience, we will be back.Special Features:
- Back to Shaker SquareLividdavidVIPDined on 10/26/2014We are short-term visitors to Cleveland and once again found ourselves using a Shaker Sq resto after our wonderful experience at Edwin's. This is really a great place. A little noisier, but still in the acceptable range. Service was prompt and responsive to our needs. "Foodwise" I found the pickles a bit strong, but the 4-ounce Tandoor sirloin a perfect meal. The Italian Collio white was excellent. Once again the French bread from "On the Rise" was equal to anything we have experienced in San Francisco.Special Features:
- nancyVIPDined on 10/26/2014This is a terrific restaurant with great food and wonderful service. There are many terrific options on the menu including a vegan dish, which I usually prefer. Can't recommend it enough.Special Features:
- Fabulous food and service.MarcieLDined on 10/26/2014This was our family's first visit to Fire and it did not disappoint! We had the popovers and bison meatballs as appetizers; both were delicious. Their pasta, fish and steaks were all prepared and presented beautifully. The service was impeccable, we will definitely be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fire food and drinksatbdcDined on 10/24/2014Great food and service! Not much ambiance, and was quite noisy. Still, would highly recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OUTSTANDINGOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 10/22/2014When it comes to food, service and atmosphere Fire Food and Drink is second to none. Always a very memorable dining experience. Highly recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Another great mealeluvsfireDined on 10/21/2014We enjoyed fabulous food and service at fire yet again.Special Features:
- Thanks!LadiesDined on 10/19/2014We were there to have a very special dinner with our son during Parents Weekend at Case Western. This was our second visit, we had dinner in August during move in time. When we asked our son where he wanted to eat during this visit, Fire was his first choice. You did not disappoint!! Everything was wonderful!! Thank you for adding to a memorable visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ShakerfanVIPDined on 10/19/2014We went for brunch this time, but have also had lunch and dinner. Great, as always!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Brunch-an outstanding experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/19/2014We had an outstanding brunch experience. Doug greeted us and chatted, our server was wonderful, food was outstanding. Overall A++Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- As good as alwaysRebK1VIPDined on 10/18/2014My sister chose Fire for her birthday celebration this year and I can honestly say we delighted with this choice. The seasonal soup was "vegetable soup"; not your ordinary vegetable soup, I must say! It had an Asian flair with delicate thinly sliced mushrooms, scallions and noodles with a rich beef broth. It was also deliciously spicey. My sister and I both had the hand rolled cavatelli with lobster; the lobster was so sweet and tender, perfectly prepared. Our other companion had the tandoori roasted rib eye, which is always perfectly prepared, she likes it rare. The service, even though it was a very busy room, was efficient and friendly, all servers work as a team. All in all, Fire remains one of my favorite restaurants in Cleveland.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Friday night dinnerplace2goDined on 10/17/2014Loved our meal! The whole fish,branzino,amazing! Mussels,delish! The fresh bread is very important to me,warm and yummy. Pizza needed more eggplant and you guys brought us another that was just right!!!! Love your restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellence at firediningmamaDined on 10/15/2014I dine at fire regularly and it is always a treat. Firstly, the food is outstanding- from the appetizers to the desserts, everything is expertly prepared. On this past occasion I had the Karen's Caesar Salad to start- I love that they present unusual toppings on spoons on the side so you can add them to your salad as you desire, and the salmon with seasonal vegetables and fingerling potatoes, which was cooked to perfection. Dessert was the dark chocolate mousse- also delicious! Additionally, The service is top notch- always attentive without being pushy or intrusive. Finally, while eating at fire is not an inexpensive meal, the quality of the food, presentation and level of service warrant the prices. I highly recommend!Special Features:
- Brunch fantasticDDeelFireDined on 10/12/2014We went to Fire for their brunch and were pleasantly surprised at the atmosphere food and service. The food was such a tasty treat. Our waiter was very helpful and very efficient. The hot bun we split and dipped in the carmalized gooey sauce. Then I opted for the french toast with almonds and apples, WOW it was so good. My companion had the pizza-egg dish and really loved it as well. I have to say I will be happy to return again.Special Features:
- Fantastic BrunchMerylDined on 10/12/2014Though we had been to Fire before, this was our first brunch there. It was very hard to choose from among many great menu options. Our selections were totally delicious: creative and perfectly executed. The service was excellent. The coffee was also top notch. Highly recommended!Special Features:
- Great food/chefEyedrreviewsDined on 10/10/2014Our first time eating here-great experience! Local food w/farm to table concepts. Very fresh. Had mushroom salad & pork chop which were delish! Our server (david?) was awesome & made some great food & wine pairing suggestions. Had brownie & salted carmel ice cream w/bruleed banana-yum!! Chef katz even came around to tables to check on patrons (including us) in person. Genuine guy w/great talent who obviously is passionate about food! Thanks! Very impressive overall experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- TOP OF OUR LISTOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 10/9/2014The food, service and atmosphere at Fire Food and Drink are second to none. We always have a very memorable dining experience. One of my all-time favorites. Highly recommend!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Living On A Past ReputationwearepennstateDined on 10/5/2014We enjoyed the restaurant when it first opened up. The past two visits were a major disappointment. Vastly overpriced for what you get. Salmon @ $34.00 was overcooked and dry. You might accept that at a wedding reception, not at an upscale restaurant. Staff is arrogant like they are still a major player on the dining scene. Sorry. Not in my books.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- It is always a treat to eat at FireFloridavacationVIPDined on 10/5/2014The staff make you feel welcome! The homemade soups are the best! Doug Katz the owner is always friendly and stops by every table to say hello and check on how his guests are enjoying their meals, etc.! We highly recommend Fire Food and Drink to everyone!Special Features:
- desiring of the quality reviewsmyfamilyCLEfoodtourDined on 10/4/2014I am not a daring foodie but the rest of my family is willing to try most anything. When ever my Son comes home from NYC and our Daughter can join us for dinner we get reservations at different highly rated resturants around town. This weekend we had reservations at Fire. A somewhat limiting menu but all excellent quality. Would liked to have seen a couple healthy staple type entrees like a version of grilled chicken and vegetables to allow restricted diners like myself to still enjoy this location. My family foodies loved it. Also Nice appetizers and desserts. Overall a fun night out. would return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.