fire food and drink
13220 Shaker Square
Cleveland, OH 44120Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
fire food and drink
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.firefoodanddrink.com/
- Phone: 2169213473
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Tuesday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm, Brunch Saturday - Sunday 10:00 - 2:00 pm Sunday Dinner: 5:00pm - 10:00pm; Saturday and Sunday Brunch: 10:00am – 2:00pm, Please Note: Parties of 9 or more, please call the restaurant!
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Douglas Katz
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Counter Seating, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area (bar only), Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: fire does one-of-a-kind catering functions based on customer requests.
- Private Party Facilities: Fire offers a private dining room accommodating up to 35 guests & is available lunch, dinner & Sunday brunch. Audio visual supplies & valet parking available on request.
- Private Party Contact: Hillary Lyon 2169213473x148
- Special Events: Please see our events page at: http://firefoodanddrink.com/category/events
A word from fire food and drink
Red hot... just like the name, fire was smoking from the start. Owner-chef Douglas Katz hit a bull's-eye with this trendy American bistro. There are no gimmicks here. Just simple wood-fired cooking served in a hip urban space with sleek lines & an open kitchen. fire's staff is among the best in Cleveland!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerAmerican
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Brunch
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
fire food and drink - Best Restaurants in Shaker Square ›
fire food and drink reviews from OpenTable diners
213 reviews since May 6, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (145)neighborhood gem (133)great for outdoor dining (127)special occasion (114)great for brunch (81)good for groups (53)hot spot (49)notable wine list (47)romantic (40)vibrant bar scene (21)late-night find (20)scenic view (20)great for lunch (16)kid-friendly (11)Show More
- Always a Solid ChoiceNomadDined on 8/31/2014I have never been disappointed with a meal at Fire. Staff is among the best trained of any Cleveland restaurant. Menu has some good standbys as well as inventive choices. Don't hesitate to try.Special Features:
- Fire remains fresh and wonderfulOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/29/2014Doug Katz remains one of the best chefs in town. The lamb kaftan, newly added to the menu, was outstanding. Our server was excellent: attentive, informed and considerate.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic DinnerMerylDined on 8/29/2014This was one of our best dining experiences ever. The food and service were superb. The menu was extremely impressive, with many creative, seasonal items from which to choose. The items we ordered were all beyond excellent, with fantastic flavor and texture combinations. We hadn't been to Fire in a long time, having been distracted by all the new restaurants that have opened more recently, but we will be returning soon.Special Features:
- Great eveningOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/27/2014Thank you Fire for making our 25th Anniversary dinner perfect! It was a very pleasant surpirse to get the sparkling Proseco but then they also copmted our dessert! The food was OUTSTANDING and all of the servers couldn't have been nicer or more friendly! Can't wait to come back! Wish we lived closer and could come more often!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun nite out!foodieDined on 8/23/2014Four of us went to Fire to celebrate my husband's birthday. We sat outside - the service was wonderful and it was agreat night. Our friend's had not been to Fire before- so it was a nice treat for them. Thank you!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One in our top 10StartwithdessertDined on 8/23/2014We have eaten at Fire many times over the years and have never once been disappointed. The menu is always changing to fit the season and has something for everyone. The popovers are fantastic! I am a vegetarian and their menu offerings are better than most. When the weather is nice, it is special to sit outside and watch all that is going on in Shaker Square. The staff is especially attentive but never overbearing. They are happy to accommodate every wish if possible. We took some friends and they were absolutely impressed. You will not be disappointed in fact, you will wonder why you didn't go there sooner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- fire food drink was goodwarrenDined on 8/22/2014Fire food and drink was fine thank you now I have a vacaton coming. UpSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/21/2014We got stuck by the open kitchen, had traffic all around us all evening, and could not hear the waitress, and that was NOT her fault--she was quite attentive and efficient. While the food was superb, I probably won't ask my husband to go to Fire again.
- Always excellentDougDined on 8/20/2014Fire Food and Drink again showed us why it is our favorite. Food is delicious and innovative (like the cantaloupe and plum gazpacho, with a touch of jalapeño-flavors worked together beautifully). Our salads were fresh, with nice touches. We usually love their fish dishes and their cheeseburger is the best but tonight we were interested in their summer vegan dish. Now to make me want a vegan dish out means that the components sound good together and you trust the chef--too easy to make a bland vegan dish or one that throws a bunch of items together without much thought. It was excellent. And since it was our anniversary, we had desserts-both outstanding. And the waiter (Chris, I think) was just the right degree of attentive. Love this place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun at FireOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 8/17/2014We love this local restaurant--pure class, from the service to the menu to the wine list. Prices are fair, flavors always interesting. Dessert menu lacked my favorites--cheesecake and lemon. But otherwise great. Lots of people even on a Sunday evening, making us feel we were at a "hot spot."Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely Saturday brunch!JMKfromDFWDined on 8/16/2014Was in town for a larger family event and wanted to squeeze one "special" meal for myself, hubby, and 4yr old before returning home. Chose Fire based on reviews and was not disappointed. We sat outside to enjoy the weather, but the interior looked nice and trendy (open room with white walls, refinished original wood floors, high ceilings). It probably gets loud on a busy night but it was not when I was there. Everything looked so good, we split 4 meals: Lemon soufflé pancakes, duck confit w/grits, oatmeal brûlée, eggs and potatoes. Everything was good but the pancakes were a standout. Yum!! I'd recommend this anytime. FYI- service was a tiny bit slow so don't go when hurried. Also, not a great kids place as there's no kids menu or crayons.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great spot for foodies!kniem915Dined on 8/14/2014Before going to Cleveland for a recent trip, my girlfriend and I were searching for places to eat. We stumbled upon "fire food and drink" and noted that it was close to where we were staying. Man, were we lucky! Our dining experience was excellent. Our server was great, and the food was unlike anything we expected to find in Cleveland. We shared a pizza for an appetizer, had the lobster cavatelli and sirloin for entrees, and shared the fire split for dessert. Truly wonderful, and we loved seeing Chef Katz out on the dining floor during our meal. Thank you, fire!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always terrificBadFishVIPDined on 8/14/2014A terrific Shaker Square experience. Doug Katz, executive chef/owner is a great host. Crowd is wonderful. Food was just what we expected....the little mistake (that will occur from time to time) was rectified by our server without hesitation. Deserves your business.Special Features:
- Fine Dinning in a Casual AtmosphereDeliciousVIPDined on 8/12/2014Doug Katz is a phenomenal chef!...His dishes are unique and truly delicious....Everything we ordered was beautifully presented and delicious...And what a treat to have Doug come to our table and introduce himself and ask how we were enjoyed our meals...Special Features:
- KateDined on 8/12/2014We had a wonderful meal. Our waiter was professional and warm, was considerate about my gluten sensitivity, and was overheard telling his trainee details that were accurate. There were many GF items to choose from, though the menu wouldn't have worked well for a gluten-free vegetarian who wanted to order an entree. The only GF entree included bulghur and the menu specified "NO SUBSTITUTIONS PLEASE." I didn't press that point, so maybe they would have made an exception; they were certainly attentive to detail and respectful. The special cocktails we chose were excellent.Special Features:
- firecelebrationVIPDined on 8/9/2014requested outdoor dining- seated indoors and moved outdoors when a table opened. drink order taken and served but no order taken after after 30 minutes. after complaining and moved things picked up.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food poorserviceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/9/2014Our order was taken right away and salads delivered promptly. Dinner, however took an hour to be served! We had to ask twice and they knew we had a concert to catch.Special Features:
- GREATOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/6/2014As always, fire food and drink makes a special occasion spectacular!Special Features:
- Excellent local restaurant!ShakerFoodsDined on 8/1/2014The menu and atmosphere at Fire Food and Drink pack the house nearly every night (but especially the weekend). The seasonal menu makes every visit unique. Don't be surprised if the lead chef/owner makes an appearance at your table. No matter how busy, you'll see that he makes time for new and old customers alike.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/1/2014To our great delight we had the only outdoor table with its own awning - part of the building. When the rains came, we stayed, everyone else went inside where it is noisy. We had a great experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding new recipes!MaggieDined on 7/31/2014The Salmon dinner (apparently new recipe) was OUTSTANDING!!! One of the very best meals I have every had at Fire!!Special Features:
- Always great!AandBClevelandDined on 7/27/2014You cannot go wrong at Fire. We've dined in the main open-area and bar. The food is always outstanding, with some local fare and usually surprising twists. The cold radish soup and Spicy Indian baked pollock was outstanding Sunday night. It is loud, but manageable and lively.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Marvelous mushroom pizzaAScottDined on 7/26/2014The mushroom pizza was perfect for mushroom lovers. Generous portion for an appetizer, good to share among 3 people - but so good that the 2 of us had no trouble eating every crumb. Followed by a salad, it was a wonderful vegetarian meal. Great service from friendly staff, too!Special Features:
- Great place.BigfoodieDined on 7/25/2014Chicken livers were delicious. I also enjoyed the ribeye. My companions had the pork chop, and it was out of this world . Best I have ever tasted.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We took a chance!0222JGDined on 7/25/2014Fire food and drink was the perfect spot for our anniversary dinner. Our server was fantastic and we loved the high top seats overlooking the kitchen. The only disappointment was desert, we would not order the creme brulee a second time. Try the pork chop or the pasta you will love it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Un-impressedleducDined on 7/22/2014For years I had wanted to take my wife out to dine here, and this was our first time out at Fire. Maybe I set my expectations too high. The food was tasty, the pork chop overcooked. (I was told it would be medium, it was well-done). The most disappointing thing was the service, although he was very polite, it felt as though we were an afterthought.
- A Must !!!!TedsTableDined on 7/19/2014If you live in Cleveland, or you're visiting Cleveland or you're nearby say in New Your City, Fire is a Must. Doug Katz has put together a menu, a group of chefs that can execute each dish with percision time and time again, and a wait staff to deliver it. Fire is one of those restaurants where you can go and constantly have the best duck confit of your life, or a seasonal dish that would leave many a celebrity chef asking himself, " why didn't I think of that" Farm to table, and House made have different meanings in the Mid West and until you go their you really can't appreciate it. Fire has an excellent wine list and a wonderful mixologist to help get the evening started. Don't miss this great restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Terrific food and people watchingLoyalDined on 7/18/2014Shaker Square favorite. Doug Katz' food remains superb and inventive. Service at this upscale bistro is plentiful, skilled, and friendly. Very happy on each return.Special Features:
- A little disappointedFrustratedfirefanVIPDined on 7/18/2014We've been going to Fire for years, and have always been big fans of the restaurant and Doug Katz. On this occasion, despite the fact that the restaurant wasn't all that busy, the service was below average (un-attentive; drinks and food all delivered to wrong person) and the food was not great (out of the special after it had been offered to us; my wife's swordfish very over-cooked...). On the other hand, the berry gazpacho was superb. We'll be back, but hope to see improvement, particularly as to service.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great spot at Shaker SquareShakergalDined on 7/18/2014I am so glad we have such a nice place to dine out or dine in at Shaker Square. The food is very good and the place seems to be very accommodating for all age groups. This is a great place for a special occasion or for just a nice night out. Sometimes the service can be a little slow but this is not a place you want to rush your meal. An enjoyable night out.Special Features:
- On FireEdmundFitzgeraldVIPDined on 7/17/2014First time here - although a long time resident of Cleveland. We decide to have a change from downtown dining. Appetizers and mains were very good. I was disappointed by the desserts. The hazelnut chocolate dessert with pistachio cake was rather bitter (very strong almond extract taste). The place was busy, but not so busy that our server could have come by and check on us more often. It was great that the Chef Katz came by to chat.Special Features:
- RebK1VIPDined on 7/16/2014As always, Fire did not disappoint. I brought some friends who had never been there before; one with a limited budget, one with a refined palate and one who really likes her wine. They all were very pleased with their meals. The Karen Salad was popular with them, I tried the cold cantalope and tomato soup which I loved. The chicken livers were delicious, as always. The service was very attentive but non obtrusiive. Fire is my favorite neighborhood restaurant.Special Features:
- Beautiful night with great foodeluvsfireDined on 7/13/2014We had a wonderful meal on a beautiful night on the patio. The service was outstanding and the food was delicious.Special Features:
- ConvertsFrantasticDined on 7/13/2014My friends have never experienced Fire for brunch; lemon soufflé pancakes, breakfast pizza, frittata of the day made them converts!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fire gets it right!ShakeriteDined on 7/12/2014On a warm Saturday night in July Fire has it all- great food, friendly ambience, attentive service, a visit from master chef Doug Katz at the table checking out the experience. A relaxed and elegant place for a fine meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous as alwaysHillj3874Dined on 7/12/2014They don’t give you near enough room here for a review so it will be short and sweet! Doug Katz is by far one of the best chefs and restaurateurs in the city of Cleveland. His passion for providing good food in a casual yet well kept restaurant is only second to the passion he has for his customers. He spends a good deal of his time out among them while dodging back and forth between kitchen and front of the house smiling and chatting with everyone he sees. His offerings are just the best! Try the Tandoor Local Roasted Pork Chop, The Peruvian Chicken Thighs, the local Tandoor Ribey Steak or the Spicy Indian Baked Pollok and you’ll be glad you did!!!! Ask for Erin as a waitress she was terrific and if you don't see Doug just ask for him!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Cleveland favoritebistromanDined on 7/11/2014Fire is consistently terrific. It is one of my favorite. I keep coming back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- nice patiokrissieVIPDined on 7/11/2014it was a lovely evening and we were able to sit on the patio. the food was great (especially the salad) and the ambiance was nice. the menu is creative with some different selections but had a few traditional ones too. a very nice and appreciated touch was that the chef came out to personally visit all the tables. I would recommend fire to friends.Special Features:
- Birthday CelebrationCaliforniaVacationJuly12Dined on 7/11/2014It was the perfect place for the birthday celebration of someone very special to me. The waiter was a very nice graduate student and he was awesome.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good dining experienceDinealotDined on 7/10/2014Menu advertised several items (fish, steak, pork chops) as"tandoor" suggesting an Indian inspired entree. My tandoor ribeye had none of that and there were grill marks on it on both sides indicating it likely never saw the inside of a tandoor oven. Maybe they should explain this in their menu. My wife got Peruvian chicken thighs and was singularly unimpressed. I liked my steak but at $36 there was more fat trimmings than meat.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.