fire food and drink
13220 Shaker Square
Cleveland, OH 44120Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
fire food and drink
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.firefoodanddrink.com/
- Phone: 2169213473
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Tuesday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm, Brunch Saturday - Sunday 10:00 - 2:00 pm Sunday Dinner: 5:00pm - 10:00pm; Saturday and Sunday Brunch: 10:00am – 2:00pm, Please Note: Parties of 9 or more, please call the restaurant!
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Douglas Katz
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Counter Seating, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area (bar only), Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: fire does one-of-a-kind catering functions based on customer requests.
- Private Party Facilities: Fire offers a private dining room accommodating up to 35 guests & is available lunch, dinner & Sunday brunch. Audio visual supplies & valet parking available on request.
- Private Party Contact: Hillary Lyon 2169213473x148
- Special Events: Please see our events page at: http://firefoodanddrink.com/category/events
A word from fire food and drink
Red hot... just like the name, fire was smoking from the start. Owner-chef Douglas Katz hit a bull's-eye with this trendy American bistro. There are no gimmicks here. Just simple wood-fired cooking served in a hip urban space with sleek lines & an open kitchen. fire's staff is among the best in Cleveland!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Brunch
- Diners' Choice WinnerAmerican
fire food and drink - Best Restaurants in Shaker Square ›
fire food and drink reviews from OpenTable diners
210 reviews since June 27, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (151)neighborhood gem (141)great for outdoor dining (120)special occasion (107)great for brunch (84)hot spot (60)good for groups (56)notable wine list (38)romantic (37)great for lunch (16)vibrant bar scene (15)scenic view (15)kid-friendly (12)late-night find (11)Show More
- Another great mealeluvsfireDined on 10/21/2014We enjoyed fabulous food and service at fire yet again.Special Features:
- Thanks!LadiesDined on 10/19/2014We were there to have a very special dinner with our son during Parents Weekend at Case Western. This was our second visit, we had dinner in August during move in time. When we asked our son where he wanted to eat during this visit, Fire was his first choice. You did not disappoint!! Everything was wonderful!! Thank you for adding to a memorable visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ShakerfanVIPDined on 10/19/2014We went for brunch this time, but have also had lunch and dinner. Great, as always!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Brunch-an outstanding experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/19/2014We had an outstanding brunch experience. Doug greeted us and chatted, our server was wonderful, food was outstanding. Overall A++Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- As good as alwaysRebK1VIPDined on 10/18/2014My sister chose Fire for her birthday celebration this year and I can honestly say we delighted with this choice. The seasonal soup was "vegetable soup"; not your ordinary vegetable soup, I must say! It had an Asian flair with delicate thinly sliced mushrooms, scallions and noodles with a rich beef broth. It was also deliciously spicey. My sister and I both had the hand rolled cavatelli with lobster; the lobster was so sweet and tender, perfectly prepared. Our other companion had the tandoori roasted rib eye, which is always perfectly prepared, she likes it rare. The service, even though it was a very busy room, was efficient and friendly, all servers work as a team. All in all, Fire remains one of my favorite restaurants in Cleveland.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Friday night dinnerplace2goDined on 10/17/2014Loved our meal! The whole fish,branzino,amazing! Mussels,delish! The fresh bread is very important to me,warm and yummy. Pizza needed more eggplant and you guys brought us another that was just right!!!! Love your restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellence at firediningmamaDined on 10/15/2014I dine at fire regularly and it is always a treat. Firstly, the food is outstanding- from the appetizers to the desserts, everything is expertly prepared. On this past occasion I had the Karen's Caesar Salad to start- I love that they present unusual toppings on spoons on the side so you can add them to your salad as you desire, and the salmon with seasonal vegetables and fingerling potatoes, which was cooked to perfection. Dessert was the dark chocolate mousse- also delicious! Additionally, The service is top notch- always attentive without being pushy or intrusive. Finally, while eating at fire is not an inexpensive meal, the quality of the food, presentation and level of service warrant the prices. I highly recommend!Special Features:
- Brunch fantasticDDeelFireDined on 10/12/2014We went to Fire for their brunch and were pleasantly surprised at the atmosphere food and service. The food was such a tasty treat. Our waiter was very helpful and very efficient. The hot bun we split and dipped in the carmalized gooey sauce. Then I opted for the french toast with almonds and apples, WOW it was so good. My companion had the pizza-egg dish and really loved it as well. I have to say I will be happy to return again.Special Features:
- Fantastic BrunchMerylDined on 10/12/2014Though we had been to Fire before, this was our first brunch there. It was very hard to choose from among many great menu options. Our selections were totally delicious: creative and perfectly executed. The service was excellent. The coffee was also top notch. Highly recommended!Special Features:
- Great food/chefEyedrreviewsDined on 10/10/2014Our first time eating here-great experience! Local food w/farm to table concepts. Very fresh. Had mushroom salad & pork chop which were delish! Our server (david?) was awesome & made some great food & wine pairing suggestions. Had brownie & salted carmel ice cream w/bruleed banana-yum!! Chef katz even came around to tables to check on patrons (including us) in person. Genuine guy w/great talent who obviously is passionate about food! Thanks! Very impressive overall experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Living On A Past ReputationwearepennstateDined on 10/5/2014We enjoyed the restaurant when it first opened up. The past two visits were a major disappointment. Vastly overpriced for what you get. Salmon @ $34.00 was overcooked and dry. You might accept that at a wedding reception, not at an upscale restaurant. Staff is arrogant like they are still a major player on the dining scene. Sorry. Not in my books.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- It is always a treat to eat at FireFloridavacationVIPDined on 10/5/2014The staff make you feel welcome! The homemade soups are the best! Doug Katz the owner is always friendly and stops by every table to say hello and check on how his guests are enjoying their meals, etc.! We highly recommend Fire Food and Drink to everyone!Special Features:
- desiring of the quality reviewsmyfamilyCLEfoodtourDined on 10/4/2014I am not a daring foodie but the rest of my family is willing to try most anything. When ever my Son comes home from NYC and our Daughter can join us for dinner we get reservations at different highly rated resturants around town. This weekend we had reservations at Fire. A somewhat limiting menu but all excellent quality. Would liked to have seen a couple healthy staple type entrees like a version of grilled chicken and vegetables to allow restricted diners like myself to still enjoy this location. My family foodies loved it. Also Nice appetizers and desserts. Overall a fun night out. would return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- CrisolenDined on 10/4/2014Awesome FINE dining!!! Like plenty of people, my friends and I are all too busy with our lives.....stopping to breath and enjoy the day was very much appreciated at your restaurant. We enjoyed our brunch. The food was delicious. We don't get together much, but we hope to return for another BRUNCH very soon.Special Features:
- Nice spot in Shaker SquareShortyDined on 10/3/2014Nice menu and the food was great. It was one of those places though that sit you way too close to the next table and, overall, it was really loud for a nice restaurant. We'll go back though-don't skip dessert!Special Features:
- Not up to standardRJ31Dined on 9/30/2014The noise level is too high and the tables are too close to really enjoy a special occasion i had planned my my family of 5. The food was good but the appetizers took a long time to arrive. Overall, the quality of the food was the stand out feature of my dining experience but I am not comfortable now dining with more than two people because of the table arrangement and noise level.Special Features:
- Birthday BrunchGsfrabaDined on 9/28/2014Food was great and as I remembered. Cocktails were well made. Service to our table was lackluster. Attention to detail was poor. The Staff we interacted with did not seem new, just not motivated towards excelling at customer service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Sunday BrunchTommVIPDined on 9/28/2014Very high end Sunday brunch. Lemon souffle pancakes are terrific.Special Features:
- Amazing food as always.whammy2011Dined on 9/27/2014Went for our one year wedding anniversary. Had delicious soup and popovers for apps. The mushroom salad is the best salad we have ever had. It is our go to every time we are there. Husband got the duck confit and I got the lobster cavatelli. Perfection. Dessert was a hit. Our favorite east side restaurant hands down.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- For all tastesused2BpigVIPDined on 9/26/2014Dining at Fire is always a special occasion. The dishes, all based on using local fresh ingredients as much as possible, often surprise by their inclusions. Even some vegan dishes, several always available, can tempt a meat-eater like me. Now that age has reduced my appetite, I was pleased to find two of the offerings available in a smaller serving as well as the standard size I used to devour. This seems to be standard with all their always changing seasonal menus. I'm always right to have left room for one of their many tempting desserts. Service is prompt but always conscius of some guests being slower eaters than others.Special Features:
- Great FoodeluvsfireDined on 9/23/2014We had a lovely dinner with great service. Be sure the try the french fries.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great as alwaysElliotDined on 9/23/2014Never had less than an exceptional meal at Fire. Although I'm not a vegan or a vegetarian I often go all-veggie at Fire because the kitchen does such creative excellent things with what's currently freshest. This time the arugula and mushroom salad was top notch. Strong flavors as promised in the bulger-stuffed zucchini; there was some spice I've not experienced outside of southern India! Matched well with fresh mizuno greens and creamed corn. My wife is the meat eater and loved her 4-ounce steak with blue cheese and "Karen's" Caesar. Finish up with terrific desserts. Need to come back more often!Special Features:
- Fire at Shaker SquareEddykinsDined on 9/21/2014Our party of 7 ate here to celebrate 2 birthdays in the family. The service was excellent. The staff complied with my on line request to be seated at the periphery of the restaurant where it is a bit quieter as one of our party is hearing impaired. Everyone had either salad or appetizer and we were all well satisfied with them. The Bronzini prepared in the tandoori oven was superb. Two of our party had the tandoori chicken and raved about it. The duck breast was delightfully succulent.Special Features:
- moooVIPDined on 9/19/2014I think this is my favorite restaurant in Cleveland.Special Features:
- Fire does not disappointBettyVIPDined on 9/17/2014I've eaten at Fire many times, and it's one of my favorite restaurants. The food is consistently excellent, with a menu that changes in interesting ways but retains its best offerings (the best pork chop in town). The servers are always helpful, friendly, and well-informed. On this visit, the kitchen seemed a little slower than usual, but that's a minor quibble about an overall wonderful dinner. People with dietary restrictions can eat here with confidence.Special Features:
- tastygustavoDined on 9/16/2014Tasty, eclectic food. Great melting of flavors. Portions should be a little larger for the money.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SuperbOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 9/14/2014Dined here on a Monday night. First class foodie restaurant featuring imaginative menu, casual but very attractive and relaxing atmosphere, excellent service, and reasonable prices for its level. The setting in lively Shaker Square, is a plus. We particularly enjoyed seeing such a demographically-diverse team, both front of the house and back of the house, work together so smoothly and enthusiastically to produce an excellent dining experience. This is now our favorite area restaurant -- Cleveland at its best.Special Features:
- Always WonderfulRichard49Dined on 9/13/2014How lucky this wonderful spot is within walking distance! One more meal; one more great evening. Fire is charming and comfortable. The staff is warm and welcoming and the wait staff is spot-on. When we thing about going out for dinner, this is our first choice…and has remained so for years.Special Features:
- Shaker Square FavoritejohnnythecookVIPDined on 9/12/2014As a near West side resident who rarely finds a reason to eat outside my neighborhood it was nice to get reacquainted with a Shaker Sq. favorite. The food was wonderful, the service prompt, the wine list had some hidden gems, and we ran to a bunch of East Side friends we rarely see. So for my west siders, if you are going to travel east for dinner, try Fire.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FOODIE'S DELIGHT!NaranjalDined on 9/12/2014We are new to Cleveland and live near to Shaker Square and have dined twice at Fire. The food on both visits was creative, beautifully presented and mouth watering delicious!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Another wonderful meal at FireOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 9/7/2014As always, our dinner at Fire was perfect. The food, the service, the patio, everything was excellent.Special Features:
- A real GemFireeaterDined on 9/7/2014We love this restaurant. The food is interesting and excellent. The popovers and excellent Caesar salad are our repeat treats. Friendly atmosphere and welcoming crew make this our constant first choice for dining out.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fire is exceptional!psmrVIPDined on 9/5/2014Excellent food, service and ambiance. Doug Katz is a superb host.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a HITFOODIE4MeVIPDined on 9/3/2014Ever changing soups - chilled watermelon, strawberry & almond was the BEST. Consistently great food! Good Job!Special Features:
- Always a Solid ChoiceNomadDined on 8/31/2014I have never been disappointed with a meal at Fire. Staff is among the best trained of any Cleveland restaurant. Menu has some good standbys as well as inventive choices. Don't hesitate to try.Special Features:
- Fire remains fresh and wonderfulfood2mouthVIPDined on 8/29/2014Doug Katz remains one of the best chefs in town. The lamb kaftan, newly added to the menu, was outstanding. Our server was excellent: attentive, informed and considerate.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic DinnerMerylDined on 8/29/2014This was one of our best dining experiences ever. The food and service were superb. The menu was extremely impressive, with many creative, seasonal items from which to choose. The items we ordered were all beyond excellent, with fantastic flavor and texture combinations. We hadn't been to Fire in a long time, having been distracted by all the new restaurants that have opened more recently, but we will be returning soon.Special Features:
- Great eveningOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/27/2014Thank you Fire for making our 25th Anniversary dinner perfect! It was a very pleasant surpirse to get the sparkling Proseco but then they also copmted our dessert! The food was OUTSTANDING and all of the servers couldn't have been nicer or more friendly! Can't wait to come back! Wish we lived closer and could come more often!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun nite out!foodieDined on 8/23/2014Four of us went to Fire to celebrate my husband's birthday. We sat outside - the service was wonderful and it was agreat night. Our friend's had not been to Fire before- so it was a nice treat for them. Thank you!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One in our top 10StartwithdessertDined on 8/23/2014We have eaten at Fire many times over the years and have never once been disappointed. The menu is always changing to fit the season and has something for everyone. The popovers are fantastic! I am a vegetarian and their menu offerings are better than most. When the weather is nice, it is special to sit outside and watch all that is going on in Shaker Square. The staff is especially attentive but never overbearing. They are happy to accommodate every wish if possible. We took some friends and they were absolutely impressed. You will not be disappointed in fact, you will wonder why you didn't go there sooner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.