fire food and drink
13220 Shaker Square
Cleveland, OH 44120Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
fire food and drink
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.firefoodanddrink.com/
- Phone: 2169213473
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Tuesday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm, Brunch Saturday - Sunday 10:00 - 2:00 pm Sunday Dinner: 5:00pm - 10:00pm; Saturday and Sunday Brunch: 10:00am – 2:00pm, Please Note: Parties of 9 or more, please call the restaurant!
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Douglas Katz
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Counter Seating, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area (bar only), Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: fire does one-of-a-kind catering functions based on customer requests.
- Private Party Facilities: Fire offers a private dining room accommodating up to 35 guests & is available lunch, dinner & Sunday brunch. Audio visual supplies & valet parking available on request.
- Private Party Contact: Hillary Lyon 2169213473x148
- Special Events: Please see our events page at: http://firefoodanddrink.com/category/events
A word from fire food and drink
Red hot... just like the name, fire was smoking from the start. Owner-chef Douglas Katz hit a bull's-eye with this trendy American bistro. There are no gimmicks here. Just simple wood-fired cooking served in a hip urban space with sleek lines & an open kitchen. fire's staff is among the best in Cleveland!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Brunch
- Diners' Choice WinnerAmerican
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
fire food and drink - Best Restaurants in Shaker Square ›
fire food and drink reviews from OpenTable diners
202 reviews since June 3, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (146)neighborhood gem (136)great for outdoor dining (132)special occasion (106)great for brunch (79)hot spot (54)good for groups (51)notable wine list (40)romantic (37)vibrant bar scene (18)scenic view (17)late-night find (15)great for lunch (15)kid-friendly (12)Show More
- Birthday BrunchOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/28/2014Food was great and as I remembered. Cocktails were well made. Service to our table was lackluster. Attention to detail was poor. The Staff we interacted with did not seem new, just not motivated towards excelling at customer service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Sunday BrunchTommVIPDined on 9/28/2014Very high end Sunday brunch. Lemon souffle pancakes are terrific.Special Features:
- Amazing food as always.OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/27/2014Went for our one year wedding anniversary. Had delicious soup and popovers for apps. The mushroom salad is the best salad we have ever had. It is our go to every time we are there. Husband got the duck confit and I got the lobster cavatelli. Perfection. Dessert was a hit. Our favorite east side restaurant hands down.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- For all tastesused2BpigVIPDined on 9/26/2014Dining at Fire is always a special occasion. The dishes, all based on using local fresh ingredients as much as possible, often surprise by their inclusions. Even some vegan dishes, several always available, can tempt a meat-eater like me. Now that age has reduced my appetite, I was pleased to find two of the offerings available in a smaller serving as well as the standard size I used to devour. This seems to be standard with all their always changing seasonal menus. I'm always right to have left room for one of their many tempting desserts. Service is prompt but always conscius of some guests being slower eaters than others.Special Features:
- Great FoodeluvsfireDined on 9/23/2014We had a lovely dinner with great service. Be sure the try the french fries.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great as alwaysElliotDined on 9/23/2014Never had less than an exceptional meal at Fire. Although I'm not a vegan or a vegetarian I often go all-veggie at Fire because the kitchen does such creative excellent things with what's currently freshest. This time the arugula and mushroom salad was top notch. Strong flavors as promised in the bulger-stuffed zucchini; there was some spice I've not experienced outside of southern India! Matched well with fresh mizuno greens and creamed corn. My wife is the meat eater and loved her 4-ounce steak with blue cheese and "Karen's" Caesar. Finish up with terrific desserts. Need to come back more often!Special Features:
- moooVIPDined on 9/19/2014I think this is my favorite restaurant in Cleveland.Special Features:
- Fire does not disappointBettyVIPDined on 9/17/2014I've eaten at Fire many times, and it's one of my favorite restaurants. The food is consistently excellent, with a menu that changes in interesting ways but retains its best offerings (the best pork chop in town). The servers are always helpful, friendly, and well-informed. On this visit, the kitchen seemed a little slower than usual, but that's a minor quibble about an overall wonderful dinner. People with dietary restrictions can eat here with confidence.Special Features:
- SuperbOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 9/14/2014Dined here on a Monday night. First class foodie restaurant featuring imaginative menu, casual but very attractive and relaxing atmosphere, excellent service, and reasonable prices for its level. The setting in lively Shaker Square, is a plus. We particularly enjoyed seeing such a demographically-diverse team, both front of the house and back of the house, work together so smoothly and enthusiastically to produce an excellent dining experience. This is now our favorite area restaurant -- Cleveland at its best.Special Features:
- Always WonderfulRichard49Dined on 9/13/2014How lucky this wonderful spot is within walking distance! One more meal; one more great evening. Fire is charming and comfortable. The staff is warm and welcoming and the wait staff is spot-on. When we thing about going out for dinner, this is our first choice…and has remained so for years.Special Features:
- Shaker Square FavoritejohnnythecookVIPDined on 9/12/2014As a near West side resident who rarely finds a reason to eat outside my neighborhood it was nice to get reacquainted with a Shaker Sq. favorite. The food was wonderful, the service prompt, the wine list had some hidden gems, and we ran to a bunch of East Side friends we rarely see. So for my west siders, if you are going to travel east for dinner, try Fire.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FOODIE'S DELIGHT!NaranjalDined on 9/12/2014We are new to Cleveland and live near to Shaker Square and have dined twice at Fire. The food on both visits was creative, beautifully presented and mouth watering delicious!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Another wonderful meal at FireOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 9/7/2014As always, our dinner at Fire was perfect. The food, the service, the patio, everything was excellent.Special Features:
- A real GemFireeaterDined on 9/7/2014We love this restaurant. The food is interesting and excellent. The popovers and excellent Caesar salad are our repeat treats. Friendly atmosphere and welcoming crew make this our constant first choice for dining out.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fire is exceptional!psmrVIPDined on 9/5/2014Excellent food, service and ambiance. Doug Katz is a superb host.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a HITFOODIE4MeVIPDined on 9/3/2014Ever changing soups - chilled watermelon, strawberry & almond was the BEST. Consistently great food! Good Job!Special Features:
- Always a Solid ChoiceNomadDined on 8/31/2014I have never been disappointed with a meal at Fire. Staff is among the best trained of any Cleveland restaurant. Menu has some good standbys as well as inventive choices. Don't hesitate to try.Special Features:
- Fire remains fresh and wonderfulfood2mouthVIPDined on 8/29/2014Doug Katz remains one of the best chefs in town. The lamb kaftan, newly added to the menu, was outstanding. Our server was excellent: attentive, informed and considerate.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic DinnerMerylDined on 8/29/2014This was one of our best dining experiences ever. The food and service were superb. The menu was extremely impressive, with many creative, seasonal items from which to choose. The items we ordered were all beyond excellent, with fantastic flavor and texture combinations. We hadn't been to Fire in a long time, having been distracted by all the new restaurants that have opened more recently, but we will be returning soon.Special Features:
- Great eveningOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/27/2014Thank you Fire for making our 25th Anniversary dinner perfect! It was a very pleasant surpirse to get the sparkling Proseco but then they also copmted our dessert! The food was OUTSTANDING and all of the servers couldn't have been nicer or more friendly! Can't wait to come back! Wish we lived closer and could come more often!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun nite out!foodieDined on 8/23/2014Four of us went to Fire to celebrate my husband's birthday. We sat outside - the service was wonderful and it was agreat night. Our friend's had not been to Fire before- so it was a nice treat for them. Thank you!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One in our top 10StartwithdessertDined on 8/23/2014We have eaten at Fire many times over the years and have never once been disappointed. The menu is always changing to fit the season and has something for everyone. The popovers are fantastic! I am a vegetarian and their menu offerings are better than most. When the weather is nice, it is special to sit outside and watch all that is going on in Shaker Square. The staff is especially attentive but never overbearing. They are happy to accommodate every wish if possible. We took some friends and they were absolutely impressed. You will not be disappointed in fact, you will wonder why you didn't go there sooner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- fire food drink was goodwarrenDined on 8/22/2014Fire food and drink was fine thank you now I have a vacaton coming. UpSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/21/2014We got stuck by the open kitchen, had traffic all around us all evening, and could not hear the waitress, and that was NOT her fault--she was quite attentive and efficient. While the food was superb, I probably won't ask my husband to go to Fire again.
- Always excellentDougDined on 8/20/2014Fire Food and Drink again showed us why it is our favorite. Food is delicious and innovative (like the cantaloupe and plum gazpacho, with a touch of jalapeño-flavors worked together beautifully). Our salads were fresh, with nice touches. We usually love their fish dishes and their cheeseburger is the best but tonight we were interested in their summer vegan dish. Now to make me want a vegan dish out means that the components sound good together and you trust the chef--too easy to make a bland vegan dish or one that throws a bunch of items together without much thought. It was excellent. And since it was our anniversary, we had desserts-both outstanding. And the waiter (Chris, I think) was just the right degree of attentive. Love this place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun at FireOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 8/17/2014We love this local restaurant--pure class, from the service to the menu to the wine list. Prices are fair, flavors always interesting. Dessert menu lacked my favorites--cheesecake and lemon. But otherwise great. Lots of people even on a Sunday evening, making us feel we were at a "hot spot."Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely Saturday brunch!JMKfromDFWDined on 8/16/2014Was in town for a larger family event and wanted to squeeze one "special" meal for myself, hubby, and 4yr old before returning home. Chose Fire based on reviews and was not disappointed. We sat outside to enjoy the weather, but the interior looked nice and trendy (open room with white walls, refinished original wood floors, high ceilings). It probably gets loud on a busy night but it was not when I was there. Everything looked so good, we split 4 meals: Lemon soufflé pancakes, duck confit w/grits, oatmeal brûlée, eggs and potatoes. Everything was good but the pancakes were a standout. Yum!! I'd recommend this anytime. FYI- service was a tiny bit slow so don't go when hurried. Also, not a great kids place as there's no kids menu or crayons.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great spot for foodies!kniem915Dined on 8/14/2014Before going to Cleveland for a recent trip, my girlfriend and I were searching for places to eat. We stumbled upon "fire food and drink" and noted that it was close to where we were staying. Man, were we lucky! Our dining experience was excellent. Our server was great, and the food was unlike anything we expected to find in Cleveland. We shared a pizza for an appetizer, had the lobster cavatelli and sirloin for entrees, and shared the fire split for dessert. Truly wonderful, and we loved seeing Chef Katz out on the dining floor during our meal. Thank you, fire!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always terrificBadFishVIPDined on 8/14/2014A terrific Shaker Square experience. Doug Katz, executive chef/owner is a great host. Crowd is wonderful. Food was just what we expected....the little mistake (that will occur from time to time) was rectified by our server without hesitation. Deserves your business.Special Features:
- Fine Dinning in a Casual AtmosphereDeliciousVIPDined on 8/12/2014Doug Katz is a phenomenal chef!...His dishes are unique and truly delicious....Everything we ordered was beautifully presented and delicious...And what a treat to have Doug come to our table and introduce himself and ask how we were enjoyed our meals...Special Features:
- KateDined on 8/12/2014We had a wonderful meal. Our waiter was professional and warm, was considerate about my gluten sensitivity, and was overheard telling his trainee details that were accurate. There were many GF items to choose from, though the menu wouldn't have worked well for a gluten-free vegetarian who wanted to order an entree. The only GF entree included bulghur and the menu specified "NO SUBSTITUTIONS PLEASE." I didn't press that point, so maybe they would have made an exception; they were certainly attentive to detail and respectful. The special cocktails we chose were excellent.Special Features:
- firecelebrationVIPDined on 8/9/2014requested outdoor dining- seated indoors and moved outdoors when a table opened. drink order taken and served but no order taken after after 30 minutes. after complaining and moved things picked up.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food poorserviceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/9/2014Our order was taken right away and salads delivered promptly. Dinner, however took an hour to be served! We had to ask twice and they knew we had a concert to catch.Special Features:
- GREATOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/6/2014As always, fire food and drink makes a special occasion spectacular!Special Features:
- Excellent local restaurant!ShakerFoodsDined on 8/1/2014The menu and atmosphere at Fire Food and Drink pack the house nearly every night (but especially the weekend). The seasonal menu makes every visit unique. Don't be surprised if the lead chef/owner makes an appearance at your table. No matter how busy, you'll see that he makes time for new and old customers alike.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/1/2014To our great delight we had the only outdoor table with its own awning - part of the building. When the rains came, we stayed, everyone else went inside where it is noisy. We had a great experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding new recipes!MaggieDined on 7/31/2014The Salmon dinner (apparently new recipe) was OUTSTANDING!!! One of the very best meals I have every had at Fire!!Special Features:
- Always great!AandBClevelandVIPDined on 7/27/2014You cannot go wrong at Fire. We've dined in the main open-area and bar. The food is always outstanding, with some local fare and usually surprising twists. The cold radish soup and Spicy Indian baked pollock was outstanding Sunday night. It is loud, but manageable and lively.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Marvelous mushroom pizzaAScottDined on 7/26/2014The mushroom pizza was perfect for mushroom lovers. Generous portion for an appetizer, good to share among 3 people - but so good that the 2 of us had no trouble eating every crumb. Followed by a salad, it was a wonderful vegetarian meal. Great service from friendly staff, too!Special Features:
- Great place.BigfoodieDined on 7/25/2014Chicken livers were delicious. I also enjoyed the ribeye. My companions had the pork chop, and it was out of this world . Best I have ever tasted.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.