Fire & Vine
1556 Laskin Road
Virginia Beach, VA 23451Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Fire & Vine
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.fireandvine.com/
- Phone: 7573334824x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 4:00pm,
Saturday & Sunday: 12:00pm - 4:00pm;
Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm,
Friday & Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
Bar Service Sunday - Saturday Noon - Close
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Marc Taylor
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Beer, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Fire & Vine
Fire & Vine's big city dining experience offers a refreshingly contemporary New American woodfired menu and uncompromising service, all matched with a nationally award winning wine program. Featuring the freshest produce, all natural and organic ingredients, Executive Chef Marc Taylor showcases his New American fare through time honored artisinal woodfire cooking methods. This, in addition to the skill and creativity of our culinary team makes Fire & Vine a dining destination.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
Fire & Vine - Best Restaurants in Virginia Beach ›
Fire & Vine reviews from OpenTable diners
46 reviews since May 6, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
notable wine list (29)special occasion (27)fit for foodies (25)good for groups (18)romantic (17)great for lunch (10)neighborhood gem (10)great for brunch (7)kid-friendly (5)hot spot (3)vibrant bar scene (3)late-night find (1)Show More
- Great food and service!OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/30/2014Four of us visited Fire & Vine for a birthday dinner celebration. I made a reservation through OpenTable. When we arrived they had our table ready with special preprinted menus that said "Happy Birthday Jennifer" in honor of the birthday girl. We started with the fried green tomatoes appetizer and they were delicious. The guys got the "Prime Burger" and said it was excellent and more than enough food. The ladies got the garlic-basil beef tenderloin skewers with sides. The beef was very tender and tasty. We topped it off with the s'mores and cheese cake for dessert. Excellent choices. Service was very good and our waitress was attentive. We highly recommend this for a special occasion or just a nice night of fine dining.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- JackmanJackmanDined on 8/30/2014Very good food and service. We had a party of 10 and everyone got something different and enjoyed it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Long LunchOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/22/2014Food was great, server was friendly and knowledgeable, but this is not fast food in any sense of the word. We spent about two hours over lunch, not a problem for us but it was not busy and seemed that they could have gotten things out a little faster. Smores bread pudding was excellent, entres were very good, ambiance was relaxed and comfortable, over all a nice experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great wine listPhilDined on 8/17/2014As well as excellent steak. Service was superior, and waiter knowledgeable about the extensive wines.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Great Virginia Beach RestaurantShadesDined on 7/19/2014If you're a visitor or a local, a great place for dinner for two or a group. Great food, great service.Special Features:
- Love it!FireAndVineDined on 7/17/2014We've been regulars for years now. The food is great quality & there's enough variety on the menu that you can spend a lot or a little. We keep coming back for the service too. It's great to have a place that's classy, unique, fun, & modern, but where they still know your name, your favorite table, & say hello, even if you're not in their section. They go out of their way to make you feel taken care of. Definitely try the wine flights or beer flights; they are great ways to try a variety of their excellent selections. Everything is wonderful, but their beef is amazing, the skewers & tavern steak in particular. I won't eat pork chops anywhere else. A fantastic find! If I had the money & lived a little closer I'd eat there everyday!Special Features:
- Wonderful Dining Experienceafg0320Dined on 7/13/2014My wife and I made reservations at Fire and Vine for our wedding anniversary, and the experience couldn't have been better. The 16 oz ribeye was spectacular and Tori was a wonderful waitress.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful meal!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/12/2014It's a wonder to me that this place isn't packed. I have had one of the best meals ever at Fire and Vine. Joey was our waiter, and he was superb. I had the Argentinian Churrasco and my fiance the Pork Chop -- they were both amazing dishes. We also had cheesecake for dessert, and it was a wonderful meal -- compelete with wine and beer flights. The place was nicely decorated and had a great vibe. I sincerely recommend this place for any special occassion.Special Features:
- Fire & Vine gets it right!livelaughloveDined on 7/5/2014My friends and I had an AMAZING time dining at Fire & Vine for my birthday celebration. The food was delicious, but, most notably, our server, Joey, was phenomenal. He was very attentive and demonstrated the kind of customer service that should be imitated. Thank you Fire & Vine and Joey for a great experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful mealHandsrgnVIPDined on 7/4/2014This was a terrific find. Our server, Corvin, was knowledgeable and helpful. Very attentive. Food was delicious. Menu changes daily. I had the 72 hour Buffalo short ribs. Absolutely delicious. Nice selection of local beers. Good cocktail list and wine menu. Large restaurant but very quiet. Highly recommended.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a pleasant mealDonDonDined on 6/18/2014We have been here somewhere between a lot and. Many times. They never disappoint us. Good food with excellent service. It is A little pricey, but not horribly. I'm sure we will return, especially for special occasions.Special Features:
- Grad CelebrationOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/17/2014The restaurant had a special surprise for my sons grad celebration. The menu'swere made up in the school colors with a congrats message on it. The food was excellent with generous portions. The ambience was a little disturbed because we were sitting near the bar but it still the staff and waiters made up for it with excellent and attentive service.Special Features:
- Delicious FoodDinerDivaDined on 6/15/2014Went there for Father's Day. Each of us had steak dishes and both were wonderfully prepared. Delicious! The steak was tender, already sliced, and prepared as we requested. It would have been nice to have some bread before the meal but they might do that at dinner just not at lunch which is the time we went. Our server was attentive and knowledgeable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great DateFr8trane91Dined on 6/6/2014Love the skewers. Service is always good. A favorite date night spot.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Experience...TimHDined on 5/12/2014We went for dinner the evening after Mother's Day, so they were not very busy. Everything was exceptional.Special Features:
- Original fooddelightndiningDined on 5/11/2014The food is delicious and original with great flavored sauces and interesting food combinations. The wait staff is very accommodating and friendly. The dining room is elegant yet kid friendly. They buy only the best cuts of meat and can feed special needs tastes.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Group DinnerThreeDeeDined on 5/10/2014Pros: Came here to celebrate my graduation. Our server was amazing and went through the menu in detail. The wine list was remarkable. I split the pork chop with succotash and the portions were so large, we still had left overs. The truffle mac and cheese is to die for. Other members of my party got skewers and salads, and pizza and all were very satisfied. This is a great place to celebrate a special occasion. Cons: Had a large group, had to wait a few minutes for our table despite having reservations. we were directed to the bar to wait, so that was fine. The noise level was really high, making conversations among a large group nearly impossible. Overall this was a great dining experience, and I'd definitely recommend it.Special Features:
- for us, a new findLRhueDined on 5/10/2014Read about this restaurant in the Best of the Beach and definitely wanted to try their steak. Our waitress, Lindsay, was very pleasant and knowledgeable. We tried the wine flights and really enjoyed the selections. Even the sorbet dessert flight was something special! We will definitely be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 127 reviews are from the Fire & Vine reviews archive.
- Great night outmtnbkr3Dined on 5/3/2014This was my wife's birthday, and we enjoyed it thoroughly - as we have each time we've ben to this restaurant. She had the ribs, I had the 16 oz. Ribeye and our 8 yr. old had chicken fingers and fries. The service was good, although not as good as on previous visits - much more minimalist than I'm used to. The Ribeye, while tasty, had quite a bit of marbled fat and I would guess about a fifth of it was discarded. Her ribs were good - and all side dishes were excellent.Special Features:
- So Much better than Boardwalk foodBeachDinerDined on 5/3/2014We dined with another family. Our waiter was very good, his suggestions were great. We had steaks which were tender and flavorful, shrimp and grits as well as pizza. The twice baked potato was really good. Desserts were all delicious. I'd go back next time I'm at Va. Beach.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for special occasionsacmorrisDined on 4/25/2014The waiter helped us choose just the right wine (which, if you don't finish the bottle, they'll recork and wrap it for you to take home). We wanted to get off the madness of the boardwalk and find a quiet place for dinner for 2. Fire & Vine was perfect.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Easter dinner with familyHeyldy62Dined on 4/20/2014Our entire party of six enjoyed our dining experience from the service to each entree we ordered. The Sonoma flatbread and Brie we ordered for appetizers was the best! The atmosphere was great along with the service ! We can't wait to return!Special Features:
- Fire & Vine, 1st TimeOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 4/20/2014Went to Fire & Vine for Easter lunch. Outstanding food, reasonable price, great service. All three of us had Argentinian steaks with Chimcurri and it was outstanding! Wood fired grill added to a great ambiance in a restaurant in a strip mall. Without question, it was a very pleasant surprise and we will be going back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FANTASTICNroseDined on 4/20/2014I'd never been to Fire & Vine before but I saw it was available for reservations on Easter Sunday. When we got there the menu was a lite more expensive than what I saw online. The service and food was fantastic! I wasn't upset with $50 for 2 kids & 1 adult when the bill came, it was worth it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of our favorite places!RMHIIDined on 4/18/2014Great food and service, a little pricey, but great quality!Special Features:
- FavoriteLocalguyDined on 4/16/2014A great restaurant. The food is always outstanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great EveningRhondaDined on 4/11/2014We met friends to celebrate a birthday. The drinks were wonderful and we loved the cheese board and gnocci. Our waiter was entertaining and helpful. The food was very very good. I loved the atmosphere and the smell from the wood oven. This is my new favorite restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food Great serviceHelpinghandVAVIPDined on 4/9/2014I enjoyed my visit to F &V service was outstanding. Food was VERY good and great options. Did I say service was outstanding? I enjoyed it!Special Features:
- Great first experienceSteveWDined on 4/8/2014This was my first visit. I was with three other people for a 6pm dinner on a weeknight. The food was fabulous, and the wine selection is excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PerfectOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/15/2014It was exactly what my wife and I were looking for.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing!GotVinoDined on 3/15/2014Great food, excellent service, nice wine selection.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I came to Virginia Beach inMarcSparkDined on 3/14/2014I came to Virginia Beach in March for the weekend to cheer my friends on as they ran the Shamrock Half-marathon. We stopped at Fire & Vine the night before the race. The appetizers and mixed drinks were very tasty. I had the beet salad which was amazing. The pizzas however were average. They don't have much of a vegan selection for entrees. If you are a meat eater, this is the place for you.Special Features:
- Tasty Food / Fantastic ServicecmccarleyDined on 2/21/2014Recently visited Fire & Vine to celebrate my wife's birthday with a large group of friends. The food (especially the stuffed quail) was great and the service was the best any of us had had in recent memory. Highly recommend this restaurant!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Upscale food in a relaxed atmospherOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/16/2014Great for special occasions or for a gracious meal at the end of the week.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice evening depends on other guestFsufanDined on 2/15/2014We had a very nice meal and out waiter was too notch. I do think since it was valentines weekend yet had more tables then they could handle. It was not too crazy but we had a reservation and when we arrived on time we still had to wait 10 min for our table and there really is not a place to wait at so you stand in the door way, which is rough on a cold night. We did sit next two a table of four that was very loud, but that is not the restaurants fault. The food was incredible though. We will go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very ImpressedDaniDined on 2/15/2014We went to this place for dinner, and also due to the wonderful reviews online. I was very impressed with the speed and quality of food. Everything was perfect from the food to the service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Atmosphere, Poor FoodColinH31Dined on 2/15/2014Our appetizers and salad were good, however, the entrees were poor, especially for the price. My girlfriend ordered the Rib Eye, which turned out to be the worst steak either of us have ever had. This was not only the toughest (cooked Medium-Rare) and chewiest Rib Eye we have ever had, this was the toughest and chewiest steak, of any cut, we have ever had. I ordered the stuffed quail entree. At first glance, the entree appeared to consist of a ton of food. The quail contained almost no meat. The mass that appeared to be the quail was little more than stuffing wrapped in quail skin. I wouldn't pay $10 for each of these entrees let alone the $30-40 per entree they actually cost.
- Terrible experience!!! TheOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 2/14/2014Terrible experience!!! The food took way too long to cook. The AC was pretty aggressive and the restaurant was pricey for the quality. I DON'T recommend it at all!!!
- Great Valentines' dinnerJoeandKyraDined on 2/14/2014This is fine dining, yet relaxed. Outstanding glass wine "cellar", if that's your thing. (it's not ours, but we're still impressed). We had a pleasant, intimate Valentines dinner, undisturbed even though there's an active bar across the restaurant. The service was impeccable (Evan). We waited a bit longer than usual, for our order, but it was a holiday rush. Also, it is pricey, but we got what we paid for, meaning the highest quality. We'll be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- This place is hit and miss.AguyDined on 2/14/2014This place is hit and miss. The environment was decent, not too loud but very energetic. The serviced sucked. The waitress was rune and always on the run. It took us an hour and a half to get our entrees and when we got them the pizza was starting to get cold and my steak was dried out,(i ordered medium well) But on the flip side the the drinks from the bar were really good. This was my experience but yours maybe different. Try it out. Oh and it isn't cheap by far!!Special Features: