Fire & Oak - Montvale
100 Chestnut Ridge Road
Montvale, NJ 07645Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Fire & Oak - Montvale
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://southcitygroup.net/
- Phone: (201) 307-1100
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 4:00pm
Dinner: Monday - Saturday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm
Sunday Dinner: 3:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American
- Executive Chef: Kenneth Trickilio
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Dancing, Entertainment, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: 2 Private Rooms Available as Well as The Hotel Lobby Bar with Room for 50-75 for Cocktail Events
- Private Party Facilities: Please contact the restaurant for more details.
- Private Party Contact: Derek Fiore 2013071100
- Entertainment: D.J. & Dancing Every Thursday Night from 9:00-Close
- Special Events: Mondays - $1 Oysters
Tuesdays - Half Priced Select Sushi Rolls
Wednesdays - Blackened Swordfish
Thursdays - Whole Fish Night
Fridays - Shanghai Lobsters
Saturdays - Surf & Turf - Chef's Seasonal Preparation
Sundays - Prime Rib Night - Queen Cut with Loaded Potato & Salad $19.95
A word from Fire & Oak - Montvale
Fire & Oak is a unique American Grill. Serving gourmet comfort food made from the freshest ingredients. With menu items ranging from sushi to fresh ground burgers to prime steaks, there is something for everyone. With accommodations for parties of 2-150, Fire & Oak is available for intimate dining or corporate and private events in 2 available private rooms.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Fire & Oak - Montvale reviews from OpenTable diners
73 reviews since July 24, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
good for groups (40)vibrant bar scene (34)neighborhood gem (32)fit for foodies (25)special occasion (23)hot spot (23)romantic (17)notable wine list (13)great for lunch (11)late-night find (6)kid-friendly (5)great for brunch (3)great for outdoor dining (1)Show More
- Good food, too noisyGpDiningVIPDined on 11/14/2014I've been a regular at this place. It very nice and good food. There is one thing that seems like they cannot take care of - managing the noise level. It may be OK for the bar area, but make it very hard to have a conversation in either dining areasSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent!JudiSDined on 11/14/2014Fire and Oak is perfect. Great atmosphere, interesting menu, outstanding service, cool bar with an extensive wine selection. Will go back again and again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Farewell DinnerQueenDined on 11/5/2014As a frequent diner at this restaurant, I had to go there for one last dinner before moving out of town. For me Wednesdays are the best because of the Swordfish special. Best blacked fish I have had and it is really complimented well with the sweet potato hash and voodoo sauce. Good Food, Good Service and Great Staff!!!Special Features:
- Great steaksJackVIPDined on 10/30/2014Party of 4. 3 of the 4 ordered steaks and they were cooked as ordered and very tasty. 2 had the dry aged NY strip (special) and I had the ribeye -- all very good. I would not recommend the calamari appetizer though (pieces too large, and very chewy -- inedible in my opinion. The manager did take them off our bill.Special Features:
- A Step AbovemarylynnDined on 10/25/2014The has a NYC vibe. The service is friendly and efficient. The bar area has seating & it's first come first serve,; nice but a bit noiser. The dining areas are very nice and the noise level reasonable. I would suggest reservations on weekend it is very busy. As for pricing, I would say the price range varies from $20-$50 with burgers, steaks and sushi offered.Special Features:
- One of my very favorites!Carene212VIPDined on 10/25/2014I love this place! I bring my family, grandkids, business associates, and friends. This place has it all. The Service is the very best. We even try to sit at Jolenes area because she is terrific with our young grandchildren and the manager as wesll as the receptionists are always friendly. Any excuse to come here.. it can be romantic or just fun. The food is always good and my very favorite is Lobster night on friday The dog likes sunday or anyday someone orders the prime rib, he gets the bone.Special Features:
- Excellent RestaurantLuv2Eat631Dined on 10/18/2014If you love food and a nice ambiance you must try this restaurant.Special Features:
- ReviewfoodloversDined on 10/17/2014The food was very good. It came out quickly and was extremely enjoyable. However, we could not see it because it was too dark in the restaurant. Our waiter was very friendly and attentive but was a tad overbearing. And on top of it, since it was so dark inside, we could not see his face. Especially my girlfriend, who really couldn't see his face. Overall, an enjoyable experience. But we will only be going back for lunch, when we can see our waiter and our food. Thank you.Special Features:
- The food was incredible!Luv2DineNYCDined on 10/17/2014Fire & Oak was recommended by my client and it did not disappoint! From the elegant ambiance when I walked in to the lovely service and tasty menu, I enjoyed my time there! I know the next time I am in Montvale, I will make sure to visit Fire & Oak again!Special Features:
- Very good dining spotRedloxDined on 9/6/2014We had a great dinner with friends. Excellent appetizers, superb cocktails, accommodating service. Wish this restaurant had an outdoor area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice but incredibly loudJoyCDined on 9/6/2014We have eaten here many times before and decided to give it another go on Saturday night. Went on Open Table an hour prior to my reservation time and was shocked to find there were tables available. Living in the area for years, I can tell you that restaurants like this get a quick reputation and those reputations are hard to shake. The food and service is good, very good in fact, but the noise level is insane. The problem with the tables in the front is the proximity to the bar and the problem in the back room is that is big and wide open with obviously poor acoustics. On a positive note, all of our food was way above board, asparagus soup, crab cakes, salad and a burger. I just wish they could rectify the noise level issue.Special Features:
- Great Dining ExperienceUSRRES01Dined on 9/6/2014This is the place in the neighborhood my husband and I go to when we want to relax, have good food, and have a great steak with all the trimmings. The ambience is upbeat, and the service is wonderful. I recommend sitting in the dining room instead of the area where the bar is... it's beautiful!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, very loudtinawinaDined on 9/5/2014The 5 of us had a fantastic dinner. The service and food and wine were wonderful. The noise level in the restaurant was very loud, however, and it didn't look like there were any quieter tables in either of the two rooms. It's really too bad because I wouldn't run back to Fire and Oak because of that alone.
- A bit dissapointing.CJpapendickDined on 8/30/2014I had been here several times and it was consistently good. Took my wife for her first time and while the service was excellent, the food was mediocre at best. We both got steaks. Mine wasn't cooked close to medium. Parts were raw. Had to send it back. Appy was good, wine good but when you want to charge what they charge for a steak, at least cook it to order.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food and ambianceMemegleeDined on 8/30/2014My husband and I have dined here about 6 times in the last several months. Every dining experience has been great. From just appetizers at the bar to dinner for 2 in the restaurant. The food is delicious, the ambiance is romantic and the service is awesome. A definite find. Would recommend to anyone. Don't think it's a place for families with young children but that works great for us!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic People!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/29/2014Waiter was the tops! Made a great night even better. Great food & wine list. Waiter made us feel like we were sitting at home entertaining. So relaxing & comfortableSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/23/2014Had an enjoyable experience dining at Fire and Oak. The grilled salmon was outstanding and done perfectly. Our waiter was very attentive to our needs.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good place to go!mitchVIPDined on 8/23/2014Always consistent - the pear lychee martini is delicious and the burgers are always fresh and done to perfectionSpecial Features:
- SloppyDiningOutDined on 8/18/2014Good sushi. But my salad, which did not even come with chicken in it on the menu looked old and had chicken in it as if they reused an old salad to make mine. The salad also had so much orange in it You could taste nothing else, I couldn't even eat it. As if that wasn't bad enough our oysters were gritty and obviously not appropriate for serving but we were still given 3 that were completely inedible, the ones that were edible were still of far lower quality than we expected from such a nice establishment. My sushi was Good but not enough to make up for my expensive yet wildly underwhelming meal. I wanted to love it but the kitchen seems unable to keep up with the kind of food they are trying to serve. And none of the staff made up for itSpecial Features:
- Service not so goodunhappyDined on 8/16/2014There was a lot of chit chatting of the employees behind the bar...That was a least of it...Took a long time to get the drinks and they weren't that busy...Ordering it also took a while but the best of it all after we finished out meal it sat in front of us for 20 minutes before someone even came over and asked if we wanted it wrapped...That was a little much. So he eventually came back and left again to get dessert menus. When bringing over my husbands coffee, this waiter did not use a tray and was trying to hold the coffee, cups and creamer which he put inside my husbands cup. I was a waitress and that was disgusting. So overall, the food was good.Special Features:
- Always eager to returnRandiVIPDined on 8/13/2014This is our neighborhood go to restaurant. We love that bread is not served! They have many clean choices. Consistently good. Staff is always very friendly. Nothing more to say.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Business travelMilhausDined on 8/5/2014Business travelers should not be turned off by proximity to hotel. They are separately operated. Waiter was spectacular with excellent recommendations. Unique dishes. Only turn-off is the noise level. Difficult to hold conversations, but still enjoyable.Special Features:
- The following 327 reviews are from the Fire & Oak - Montvale reviews archive.
- a bar, not a restaurantgriskaDined on 7/21/2014As many said before, the place is really nice. As often happen, they took great care of the place, but the kitchen....I tried the "so-called" kobe burger, that had no flavor at all. The truffle parmesan fries I received where cold and the flavor was dead wrong, like they fried them twice. The BBQ ribs...simply out of a plastic container, dry, bald.Special Features:
- Great Friday EveningMontebelloNYDined on 7/11/2014Started with the Crispy Calamari, they tender and flavorful. Ribeye was perfectly cooked, with a loaded baked potato (could be a meal). Do not recommend the monkfish, that was over cooked and dry. The service was very professional and attentive, glass was alway filled with water. Wine list, has a very good selection and wine is served at perfect temperature. Great place for a romantic dinner or family get together.Special Features:
- Would I recommend... MaybeWaversDined on 7/9/2014I took my folks to this restaurant for their Anniversary while they were in town. I'd been there before and it was a good experience. This time the service was just horrible, the Hostess that showed us the table was fine, just the server "Jolene" , I wasn't looking for Silver service, but this was just appalling, more akin to being served ad a bad Diner.Special Features:
- Great find!!!! New local favoriteDinner4FiveVIPDined on 7/2/2014Shocked at how great this place was. NYC quality ambience, great for a date or family. Food is incredible. Try the tuna tartar. It's amazing. We tried about 8 things, they were all very good. Will recommend to everyone!I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Great RestaurantvipreviewVIPDined on 6/22/2014My wife and I dined here for the first time and we were very satisfied. The restaurant decor is very romantic and the food and presentation wonderful. There is an ample Sushi Bar of which my wife feasted on wonderful California Rolls. We shared Mussels Fra D'ovolo which were ample in number and probably the best I have ever tasted. There is a large selection of Beef, Poultry and Fish dishes on the menu and numerous specials that were offered. I chose the half-spring organic chicken which was delightful. We shall definitely return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 6/21/2014Parmesan ruffle fries are excellent. They are very accommodating about switching out sides. Meals are pricey but the atmosphere is very nice.Special Features:
- Always consistentmitchVIPDined on 6/13/2014Great adult atmosphere, good service - my wife had the crab cake app and the caprese salad which was very good and I had the striped bass w/ asparagus which was well prepared and quite tasty.Special Features:
- WHAT A SUPRISE, A HIDDEN GEMKleeVIPDined on 6/12/2014Housed in a Marriott Residence Inn on Chestnut Ridge Road in Montvale is a hidden gem of a dining establishment called Fire and Oak. I was pleasantly surprised by the quality of the food and the service at Fire and Oak. The plate presentations could have been from an established 4 star restaurant. All of the ingredients were fresh and top notch in quality. Service was attentive and professional. I would frequent this restaurant again for the outstanding meal I had there this week. Worth a stop for lunch or dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bad experienceMVC1955Dined on 6/6/2014Sushi presentation was nicest I have ever seen. Wait service was horrible. 3 of four dinners came out at once. The fourth dinner came out as the other three finished eating. Awkward, uncomfortable for my guests and for me. And you had to constantly flag someone down for water. To make it worse, the manager was not apologetic, but rather made a comment how everyone "cleaned their plate"... When the grouper dish finally came out, it was very undercooked... Embarrassing. Frustrating. Should have taken that dinner off the tab, or offered some restitution... An after dinner drink, desert on the house or some other form of expression of sincere apology... But nothing.
- Good steak excellent truffles friesBusyTDined on 6/3/2014Good steak, excellent truffles fries, good service, nice location, sometimes a little noisy but still ok to chatSpecial Features:
- Daniel rocksprm8VIPDined on 5/31/2014Excellent service, very good food. I always love this placeSpecial Features:
- A busy Saturday nightPaulBDined on 5/17/2014As usual F&O was buzzing but we got our table OK. Service was friendly enough but not quite 'personal' for this price restaurant. Although they did swop a beer that we ordered but did not like...and not charge for it. Food was good as usual with excellently cooked steaks and great fries. They just need to do something about the noise levels which, at times, make it almost impossible to have a conversation.Special Features:
- Never failsYankeefan1VIPDined on 5/16/2014Love this restaurant. The food and service is top notch. The managers, Patrick and Joshua, frequently visit the tables to assure satisfaction. The hostesses are always accommodating and service is fast but never rushed. Menu choices are limited however there are several specials. Sushi is beautifully presented and portions large. Noise can be tough during the week but rarely an issue on weekends. Overall, superb.Special Features:
- Jim's rewiewnightoutDined on 5/12/2014Good food excellent service nice decor. To loud for romantic dinner but good for bar scene or just a night out.Special Features:
- Nothing beats professional staff !jmlesqVIPDined on 5/11/2014This has become our favorite local spot for a family dinner out. The menu is diverse (something for everyone and a solid kids menu), the food is consistently good and the service is always impeccable. It's so nice to be taken care of by well trained professionals who are attentive to your needs and make every meal feel special. Especially good for large groups.Special Features:
- Good JobTomS23Dined on 5/11/2014It was a holiday Mother's Day that said Service was great and the food was prepared as if it was any daySpecial Features:
- Always good!kc1201Dined on 5/10/2014Our dinner was outstanding as always. This is a restaurant that knows what it is doing. Have never had a bad meal. We go about every 6 weeks sometimes less. Staff is always friendly!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best RibsshelstanVIPDined on 5/10/2014If you love "Fall off the Bones" Ribs, go to Fire and Oak!Special Features: