Fire & Oak - Jersey City
479 Washington Boulevard
Jersey City, NJ 07310Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Fire & Oak - Jersey City
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://fireandoak.com/jerseyCity/index.html
- Phone: 2016109610
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:00am - 4:00pm
Dinner: Monday - Friday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm,
Saturday & Sunday Brunch: 11:00am - 3:00pm
Saturday & Sunday Dinner: 3:00pm -11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Comfort Food
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Delivery, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Off-site catering is available.
- Private Party Facilities: Please contact the restaurant for more details.
- Private Party Contact: Errick Paragioudakis 2016109610
- Special Events: DAILY DINNER FEATURES
Monday - $1 Oysters
Tuesday - Half Price Select Sushi Rolls
Wednesday - King Crab Night
Thursday - Whole Fish Night - Served Wood Grilled or "Sizzling"
Friday - Mixed Grill
Saturday - Lobster Night - 3 course Lobster Dinner Featuring a 1.5 pound Lobster Steamed, Shanghai or Angry
Sunday - Prime Rib Night
- Cross Street: Marin
- Public Transit: Light Rail stops just outside our Restaurant at the Newport Mall
- Parking: Public Lot
- Parking Details: Hotel Valet Parking Available in the Front Entrance & Public Parking available in the Multi Level Garage next to Hotel.We validate up to 4 hours for self parking and discounted parking for Hotel Valet
A word from Fire & Oak - Jersey City
Fire & Oak is a unique American Grill. Serving gourmet comfort food made from the freshest ingredients. With menu items ranging from sushi to fresh ground burgers to prime steaks, there is something for everyone.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Fire & Oak - Jersey City reviews from OpenTable diners
46 reviews since May 1, 2014
- Ambiance3.7Noise LevelModerate
good for groups (18)romantic (15)special occasion (12)great for lunch (11)fit for foodies (11)neighborhood gem (11)great for brunch (10)great for outdoor dining (9)notable wine list (7)hot spot (5)kid-friendly (5)vibrant bar scene (4)scenic view (2)late-night find (1)Show More
- Good food, service mixed when busyPetuniappDined on 8/15/2014Food was generally good, one dishes was a bit disappointing but the other was wonderful. It was a busy night, with a few service miscues- got served a rum and coke instead of a diet coke and a few other bobbles, but all were fixed quickly. Not sure if it's worth the price for the higher end dishes, but nice space and staff tried hard to make things right.
- Just Ok for meServiceIsKeyDined on 8/14/2014Took my wife here for lunch on a weekday afternoon. Had a little trouble with the valet who refused to park the car unless I had exact change to pre-pay. That was rude. The food itself is just ok... Not bad for lunch. The service though was lackluster; our server had no personality and she wasn't attentive in any way really. I could give her a pass because she had only been there 4 months but still I have to put it on the management for not training their people properly. My wife and I really enjoy great atmosphere, great service and great food and always give credit where credit is due. In the case of Fire & Oak, they need to improve their credit score. We don't have plans to go back.Special Features:
- Good and plentyPaul2110Dined on 8/13/2014Nice ambiance. A little noisy. Tuna tartar tacos were a treat. French fries sprinkled with shaved garlic were really tasty. Very large portions. All our entrees were very good. Service was very good. My only complaint is that the restaurant added a 20% gratuity. Sorry but that is supposed to be my prerogative. I would go there again but probably would order less and share more!I would recommend this to a friend.
- Cold food.CchenaiDined on 8/8/2014The food would probably have been quite nice if it was severed hot. It was lukewarm to cold. The tuna tarter tacos which should have been cold were warm. The waiter never once asked how our food was.
- It's ok for dining.FoodDined on 8/8/2014I have eaten here on a regular basis but this time I find the chicken wings wet not that great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GREAT Restaurant!ChefGuilasDined on 8/6/2014Food and service was great. Eden our server was very detailed about the menu. The lobster bisque was very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BadTerribleDined on 8/5/2014Bad service. Waitress bad etiquette. Rude. Poor follow up. Poor service.
- Corporate kitchen at its worstHudsonFellaDined on 8/3/2014From the drink spilled on my guest (and later, dirty silverware and food from the plate being taken up by the server -- all on the same guest) to the all-but-inedible food that came out of the "kitchen," it was a place to remember for all the wrong reasons. Everything overcooked and, paradoxically, nothing hot. Think heat-lamp. The $38 steak was tough and flavorless. And the 10 oz filet? -- maybe 4 oz butterflied to look larger. Potatoes were wrong (in all senses) and "fresh vegetables" were some carrot sticks and asparagus tossed with hot oil. There was a piece of cake on the floor near our table the entire time. No redeeming qualities that we experienced, and we couldn't wait to get out of there.
- Dining OUtcarolpDined on 8/1/2014The food was very good the service impeccable. The noise level made it very difficult to converse with everyone at the table. Though we asked several times if the music could be turned down, (they did turn it down once) it was still very loud. Other than the music, I would recommend this restaurant.Special Features:
- Nice LunchLifeIsGoodDined on 7/28/2014I had a business lunch here, we had sushi it was good. Will take other clients back.Special Features:
- DisappointingnjfoodieDined on 7/26/2014Good wine selection. Great truffle fries. It goes downhill from there. Calamari was chewy! That tells you all. Would not visit again.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/12/2014My husband and I have been here for the third time,I was celebrating my B'day and as usual the service was great,I had the Grilled Scottish Salmon thumbs up,we had a very good night😀Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food and ServiceMinnieRVIPDined on 7/11/2014We frequent this place because we get good food, drinks and service for the price. On this visit we had calamari, ribs, truffle parmesan fries, tuna and bubblies. Tuna was flavorful, but the stir-fried vegetables were overly cooked. Ribs were awesome. The portions here are big so we had some leftovers. Our serve was nice and packed our food to go neatly. We will be back.Special Features:
- early business dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 6/27/2014We had an early dinner so that the service was good. The waitress came by often to ensure that everything was OK. I had a Greek salad which was fresh. My salmon came with spinach and mashed potato, but oily. I should have asked the chef to not to use butter. My colleagues and I had a good dinner.Special Features:
- DinnerChillaquaDined on 6/16/2014Food was good, service was good. A bit loud but that's to be expected. Would definitely go again.Special Features:
- nikkeep1YummyDined on 6/15/2014Love Fire and Oak. Food is always good and service is consistent. Booked Fathers day brunch for a party of 10 and everyone walked away happy and satisfied. A must try's are the tuna tartar tacos..yuuummm! and the lobster mac and cheese.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Father's Day Brunchnaiha1Dined on 6/15/2014I took my husband here for father's day. It did not disappoint. The French Toast was fabulous. My husband had the braised short rib skillet. Both excellent. They offered a nice child's brunch menu as well. Atmosphere was dimly lit but still really nice and romantic, great experience and our server was great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lobster bisque is the bestfoodadventurerDined on 6/14/2014Try the lobster bisque food if you'd like. It's great.Special Features:
- Excellent choice for my BirthdayWilliamMDined on 6/7/2014Been meaning to come here again ever since we attended a wine tasting that was hosted by the Westin Hotel. Our memory was vindicated by the quality of food we had. Everything was incredibly well prepared and service was perfect. Will definately find more reasons to come back here.Special Features:
- great findluv2dineDined on 6/6/2014Food and service were great. Our only complaint is that dinner came out too quickly....we hadn't even finished our appetizer (which was fabulous)!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Incredibly Slow ServiceDajgartDined on 5/16/2014We had an 8:30pm reservation Friday evening. Even though the server was friendly and available, we did not see any food or drinks for over 45 minutes after sitting down. The meal dragged for over 2 1/2 hours, drink orders took 20 minutes to fill and then only partially. We had to constantly inquire when we could expect to see some food then magically it would begin to appear shortly thereafter. We've eaten in this restaurant before and did not encounter these problems, the icing on the cake was when the manager offered to buy me a drink instead of my entire party at the end of the meal. What was he thinking? My guests were just as disgusted as I was; weren’t they entitled to some acknowledgment of the poor service they received as well?
- Great find!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/10/2014I am so happy I took my wife there for Mother's Day!!!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 257 reviews are from the Fire & Oak - Jersey City reviews archive.
- BarbVIPDined on 4/19/2014The restaurant has a taverny appeal. The meatballs were very good as was the herbed chicken. The tuna with the soba noodles left a lot to be desired and was not a dish that I would recommend. There are too many really good places to eat for this place to be recommended. It was quite ordinary.Special Features:
- Food is greatOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 4/13/2014I alway enjoy dinning at the fire & oak. Food is always delicious and service is always impeccable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun Birthday BrunchOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/6/2014Recently brought my sister here for her birthday. We had so much fun! Food was great, and energetic ambiance for groups and parties.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Disappointing that the mainOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/3/2014Disappointing that the main courses were delivered while we were still eating our starters. Lack of comms. Food very good so a shame that something so simple tipped it from bring excellent.I would recommend this to a friend.
- FoodieRocDined on 3/23/2014Great food, portions are more than enough to share which is surprising since it seems like a more upscale spot. Steak and eggs on point for sure and bottomless mimosas/bellinis truly were bottomless :)Special Features:
- First and lastGrobeVIPDined on 3/21/2014Since I frequently dine out, there are several things that are not negotiable. Attention to the details. Quality of the food. Presentation of same I and atmosphere. While the location is hip, it lacks anything making it unique. The presentation of the food, while good Diner quality, didn't match it's PP (price point). Severing food at slightly above room temperature doesn't instill a sense of "cook to order" implications a restaurant offers. Servers, though pleasant, couldn't remember which side to serve from nor how to refill a water glass without significant body, facial and audible signal ques from my guests; ridiculous. Overall, I had a better experience at the worse Cheesecake Factory I visited recently.
- Good food serivce was a little slowFoodiemanDined on 3/13/2014Food was very well prepared but serivce was a little slowSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We were a group of seven,OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/10/2014We were a group of seven, the restaurant was slow, and the waiter just could not get it right. Although there were specials he never offered them and two of the seven orders were wrong. Everyone has a bad day.... based on the simplicity of the orders coupled with the slow tempo this lunch was certainly disappointing on this day. In the past I have been there with groups of four or less and the experience was significantly better. I would suggest that if you have a larger group you may want to choose a different venue.
- Perfect appetizers; so-so entreesOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 3/2/2014The salad was excellent and showed attention instead of just mixing together ingredients. The calamari was cooked perfectly and melt in your mouth. The prime rib appeared to be seared on both side before serving, (to warm up?) and looked more like a steak. The fish on our fish sandwich was burnt and appeared to have been left on the grill too long or forgotten.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pretty goodFrequentdinerDined on 2/26/2014I had lunch here a few days ago. The beet salad was excellent. I also had the sweet potatoe corn chowder and that was underwhelming. Sparse on the corn and was more brothy than what I typically like in a chowder. The chunks of sweet potatoe were very mushy. I wouldn't order it again. Over lunch the restaurant was loud. It was hard to talk with my client across the table. The service was pretty fast. You could definitely do lunch in 45 min - 1 hr.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- almost excellenceMrEat2014Dined on 2/15/2014The food took forever to come, like an hour, the waitress didn't try to accommodate us for that, but when the food came it made up for the wait.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- good food!rm2681Dined on 2/14/2014had a great time here and food was delicious!! will def. be coming back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- greatOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/7/2014The food and service was great! Special thanks to the server who escorted me to and from the rest room. I am pregnant and was in heels so he wanted to make sure I didn't slip on the floor near the kitchen. Great service!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great BrunchOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 1/26/2014This was a wonderful brunch restaurant. THey have a combination of lunch and brunch foods and everything we had was wonderful. It was casual and comfortable and very reasonably priced. We would highly recommend it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice findCos4Dined on 1/24/2014Have stayed at Westin too many times to remember and never knew Fire & IOak was there. Best service we have had in jersey ever. Food was very good and will now visit the restaurant on our regular monthly visits to Jersey City.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food and quiet ambience.OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 1/24/2014Good food and quiet ambience. Menu selection is somewhat limited, but good quality food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Steak, steak, and more steakDelJerseyDined on 1/18/2014The steak here is done well. I'm not a big steak fan but I'll be coming back for it. The tuna tartar tacos and really delicioso as well.Special Features:
- Neve returnMkberDined on 1/16/2014Awful experience. They were overbooked and we were seated over 20 minutes after the reservation was made because there were no tables. They had too many groups in the bar area and the noise level was unbearable. We ended up being seated near the bar -- it was noisy and cold as a side door kept opening and closing. There was not enough service. Overall it felt like a burger joint and not the finer restaurant I had recalled from the past. I'll never go back to this restaurant.