Fire + Ice Cambridge
50 Church Street
Cambridge, MA 02138Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Fire + Ice Cambridge
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.fire-ice.com/locations/cambridge-ma/
- Phone: 6175479007x
- Hours of Operation:
Brunch: Sunday: 11:00am - 3:00pm; Lunch: Monday - Saturday: 11:30am - 4:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm, Sunday: 3:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Dancing, Entertainment, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access
- Private Party Facilities: FiRE + iCE has recently added a new Function Room. The room seats up to 135 guests and has its own bar, dance floor, large screen TVs, sound and video systems. Please call the restaurant for more information on function packages and menu.
- Private Party Contact: Jonatas Eller 6175479007x
- Entertainment: Wednesday night is west coast swing. Class at 8 pm (all ages welcome) $10
Thursday night is Brazilian Vibe night. Free Forro class from 9pm to 10pm and then dancing to live Forro music from 10pm to 2am. $12 cover charge.
Friday night is Salsa night. Free Salsa class from 9:30pm to 10:30pm. Dancing from 10:30pm to 2am.
Salsa, Merengue and Bachata music. $15 cover charge.
Saturday night is meltdown . Top 40's house music, Caribbean and African vibes.
A word from Fire + Ice Cambridge
FiRE + iCE the improvisational grill, is located in the heart of Cambridge"s Harvard Square. The unique and quirky atmosphere have been described by our patrons as a dining experience straight out of a Dr. Seuss book. Along with the non-traditional dining experience, guests will find a wide array of eccentric drink options including a variety of fruit infused vodkas and rums.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerKid Friendly
Fire + Ice Cambridge - Best Restaurants in Harvard Square ›
Fire + Ice Cambridge reviews from OpenTable diners
52 reviews since May 22, 2014
- Ambiance3.4Noise LevelModerate
good for groups (33)kid-friendly (26)fit for foodies (15)hot spot (12)special occasion (12)great for brunch (10)great for lunch (10)neighborhood gem (7)late-night find (7)romantic (3)vibrant bar scene (3)great for outdoor dining (1)scenic view (1)Show More
- Student Dining SpotdinerVIPDined on 9/14/2014While everything was satisfactory; food choices and service, it was just that. For a student on a budget $20 will fill you up. However, if you are looking for more ambiance, keep looking.
- not the sameOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/14/2014I came here about 10 years ago and loved the quality food, great service, and fun atmosphere. After my last visit, I don't think I'll be coming back. The restaurant has diversified too much (burgers and salad and soup and pizza) and lost their way in the process. Too bad, this used to be an amazing restaurant.
- Great timeEmmzDined on 9/13/2014I went here for my birthday and couldn't have asked for better. The food was amazing and so much fun to pick out for myself :)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 21st birthdaybeckyDined on 9/13/2014I went with ten other people and we all enjoyed our food and time there until the waitress refused to give us separate bills and made us do the math.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great culinary experience /conceptExplorator7Dined on 9/6/2014Loved the concept of selecting your ingredients and have them prepared in front of you. Allows for some amazing culinary adventure.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wow FactorGibfenmarshDined on 9/2/2014I brought of small group of people for a celebratory lunch and the atomsphere was perfect. It fostered a lot of communication and converstion in a very interactice environment.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- definitely will revisitfoooooodDined on 8/29/2014The food was delicious, the waiter and some other staff took my cake i brought stored it in a refrigerator, then brought it out after they cleared out plates, put their own candles on and sang happy birthday to me. Overall really friendly staff and amazing food. Anything you put on that plate will go will together i was stuffed at the end of the nightSpecial Features:
- Good but Not Greatmamatexas2001Dined on 8/16/2014Made the mistake of taking my family here for dinner! It's great for a college hang-out or meeting place. NOT a place to bring your family! Service was almost non-existent. Food was great - once we understood how it worked (You get your own food and take it to the grill, they cook it for you and hand it back) - atmosphere is young, pushy (college crowd) and very loud.Special Features:
- mehSomervilleoldtimerDined on 8/16/2014The food isn't very good. I'm a good cook and made reasonable choices, but the sauce I chose was incredibly salty. When I tried a second combination, it still wasn't great. I will say my salad was good, as was my Pina Colada.
- Food was amazing as usualSamJDined on 8/15/2014This was our 3rd visit over the years to Fire+Ice. After a span of almost 6 years I can still say the place is full of energy and the flavors are wonderful. Service seems to have slipped a notch - maybe it was a super busy Friday night this time. The flavors are wonderful and the guys behind the grill are super helpful. Overall great experience once again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointingOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/2/2014Very different feel than the downtown restaurant. Bright decor and super bright lights, we felt we were ata Chuck E Cheese. Waitress didn't bring the drink order until we were about done eating. Food was over-cooked: didn't appear to be a real sense of organization in how they were grilling.Special Features:
- Interesting atmosphere,tasty buffetBostonNewbieDined on 8/1/2014Showed up with 7 friends for a birthday party. Table was ready when we arrived. Drinks were great. The buffet had a nice meat selection and everything looked fresh. Great for a wide variety of tastes. Had vegetarian and gluten free options. Little noisy, but overall a great experience.Special Features:
- Unique - fun!!!HpsmomDined on 7/27/2014First time to Cambridge! Fun atmosphere and unique dining experience. Everyone will be able to find something they like! Great food! The only complaint was with the grill, the dining area was very hot! Would go bk and ask to sit somewhere else.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OutstandingAnitaDined on 7/27/2014We need a Fire & Ice in Oxford, PA!! Food was outstanding!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/26/2014Fun spot to hit if you need to take time eating, food was good CHefs were really goodSpecial Features:
- Not even for college kidsRobertVIPDined on 7/24/2014Place hard an unclean feel to it. Waited ten minutes and no hostess. Table was dirty. Whole feel of the place was it needed a thorough cleaning. Food was weak and took forever to cook. Dishes were greasy. Salad bar aweful. Don't go. It's all you can eat for a reason - you won't want to stay there long.
- Surprisingly good foodDatabaseNinjaDined on 7/18/2014This is my second time to a Fire + Ice restaurant... I went to the one in Boston last year. I didn't have a great recollection of my experience... I didn't remember it being horrible but it also didn't stand out. It was a vague 'OK' feeling so I didn't have high expectations for this trip. We (two adults and 4 teenagers) went to the Cambridge one on Friday night and the experience was much better than I recall... specifically relating to the food. The food was very good and prepared well... especially the steak. For <$20 for 'all you can eat' it is a bargain and the experience of picking your own food to have grilled for you was a fun novelty. We'll definitely be back.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 7/18/2014What a great place! As a person with a food allergy, I was nervous because of the open grill concept. They took care to make sure my food was cooked separately. The staff was so friendly and attentive, but not hovering. My 10 year old son LOVED his experience and the staff treated him very well. I WILL be back! !Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great foodPBarnDined on 7/4/2014Second time I've been to this restaurant, first time at this location. Wasn't very crowded. Ingredients and overall product are great. Table service wasn't all that great: it took about 10 minutes for our server to initially come to the table and he didn't check on us all that often; though other servers seemed more on-point. Bottom line: do recommend.Special Features:
- Not worth your moneyHollyPDined on 7/4/2014This restaurant was way over priced. Totally not worth the money. It was $16.99 for the " buffet" all you at dinner not including beverages or dessert. Ive never been to a buffet still restaurant where those things weren't included. But besides that, there weren't many choices for food. And the food tasted like its been sitting there for hours. The grill where they cook the food was so dirty and greasy that it made me a little queezy just thinking about my food cooking there. The ice cream was freezer burned and the soda did not taste like authentic Pepsi products. Not to mention the waiter was m.i.a for a good half hour. I will never go there again lol. What a rip off!
- Boston is betterOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 6/30/2014Go to the Boston location. The cambridge one feels a bit dilapidated, and the staff seem so glum to be there.Special Features:
- Just OKCHPaDined on 6/29/2014This was my second visit to Fire and Ice, both times with a large group. Some of our party had not been to the restaurant previously and was not aware of the procedure for compiling your meal. It was not clearly explained to our party and there was some confusion. Unfortnately that detracted from our experience. The restaurant was not a clean as we would have liked but the food was good. All combined, the Fire and Ice experience was just OK.Special Features:
- great foodrescuediver113Dined on 6/29/2014great place to eat and the cooks put on a great showSpecial Features:
- lunchhorses262Dined on 6/28/2014I had a great time for lunch and I also enjoyed dinner time I found a new great place to eatSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loved the good!ShirlzcurlzDined on 6/20/2014Great for family night and fun with friends. Relaxed environment and make your own food!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun food prep and choices galoreCcweitzDined on 6/14/2014Kids love choosing whAt Will and what will not be in meal and fire and ice does this perfectly. Good selection of fixings and great quality.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- It depends what you're looking forPhilCambridgeMADined on 6/13/2014I've been to Fire & Ice a few times. The novelty of selecting your own ingredients is nice, but what could be a social evening of dining with friends or family becomes an evening of selecting your food and then standing around for the staff to prepare it. The food quality and flavor is ok, although the sauces are somewhat mediocre.Special Features:
- BFFsDined on 5/25/2014Overall, liked the concept and the food was very good. Also a good place to catch up with friends. Our table was in lower level, banquet area. Chairs ripped, table chipped, overlooking concrete wall. Didn't see our server very often. Restrooms were a disgrace! Not a place I'd rush back to anytime soon.
- The following 438 reviews are from the Fire + Ice Cambridge reviews archive.
- Saturday dinnercambridge2Dined on 5/17/2014Have been to Fire and Ice several times. Unfortunately on this trip there were several very large parties booked and the staff seemed slightly overwhelmed and restaurant did not seem overly prepared. Cooking time was much longer than usual, several cooks were missing orders and buffets had a hard time keeping items filled. May go again, but will ask very specifically what groups are in that evening before committing to attend.Special Features:
- Somewhat different!BorinquenDined on 5/11/2014very good food, be wanting something like potatoes or bread with garlic, bar vety bad the service is warm beer and ugly esmoody flavor..Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The fight that occurredOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/11/2014My family and I went here for Mother's Day. The food was good and the expierence was fantastic. The only thing that took away from our dinning expierence was the fight that occurred between a group that was also dinning there. As soon as that happened my mom was uncomfortable dinning there and asked us all to leave. If we choose to go to Fire and Ice again it will probable only be the back bay locationSpecial Features:
- Fire& ice that went horribly wrongOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 5/11/2014I've been to the fire and ice in Boston and loved it. The one in cambridge I will never go to ever again. The people behind the grill kept getting everyone's order wrong and when you said something they got a attitude. The serivce was slow and very unwelcoming.
- Large Partymsg33VIPDined on 5/7/2014Had a great meal with ok service until the end. When we were ready for the check we couldn't find our server anywhere. We ended up waiting about 25 minutes for a check. We were a party of 12, and instead of asking us if we wanted the check split by guest, our server just dropped the check and told us she would run as many cards as we wanted. It was a little frustrating after 25 minutes of waiting to have to split the check ourselves 7 ways. I work in a restaurant too, so I understand not wanting to split a check and automatic gratuity, but in this case it would have made the transaction a lot easier. I guess if you are with a large part and looking for a split check, make this very clear when you sit down.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun brunch spot for kidsat2014Dined on 5/4/2014The pick-your-own-ingredients bars for pancakes and omelets were great, and the kids loved seeing their pancakes cooked to order on the grill. It is really a fun brunch for a group, especially for young kids. They also had a variety of other foods available as part of the brunch, like pastries, fruit salad, etc. No one came around to take drink orders ever - we would have liked to order coffee. Perhaps because we were a large group, there was an automatic tip added to the bill, even though we basically had gotten no table service. But on the whole, everyone had a good time and ate well, so I would recommend it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Girls night outNovaboDined on 4/30/2014We had a great time and it was perfect for a girls night out! Very recommanded for groupsSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A place for a large group .OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/26/2014We had reservations at 6:30 PM for 16 people and some in our group came in at early .A nice large bar to get a drink is available while waiting for your table. It is a fun restaurant and the food is OK.Great for kids .Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- fun fun funmbaout2dineDined on 4/26/2014Very friendly staff. Great atmosphere. Fresh food. Great times.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great, as expectedsokupthesun07Dined on 4/21/2014The only problem is not having a large enough stomach to accommodate all of the choices.Special Features:
- Perfect for food fanatics. Awesome!FoodfanaticDined on 4/18/2014This place has an absolutely amazing, friendly and energetic environment. From the moment you walk in, you hear great music, and see vibrant colors and people. The setup is perfect for those who love to experiment with flavors and ingredients. And even if you're not too creative, there is a menu that has suggested recipes for your favorite dishes.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Quick reviewStrick454Dined on 4/12/2014I've been to Fire and Ice before (in Providence) and it's pretty straight forward. Had a typical (good) experience but the waitress was a little rude. She was pretty dismissive and while I didn't mind too much my girlfriend was offended. It won't keep us from coming back, but being a little friendlier to customers would be nice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.