Fire + Ice Cambridge
50 Church Street
Cambridge, MA 02138Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Fire + Ice Cambridge
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.fire-ice.com/locations/cambridge-ma/
- Phone: (617) 547-9007
- Hours of Operation:
Brunch: Sunday: 11:00am - 3:00pm; Lunch: Monday - Saturday: 11:30am - 4:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm, Sunday: 3:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Dancing, Entertainment, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access
- Private Party Facilities: FiRE + iCE has recently added a new Function Room. The room seats up to 135 guests and has its own bar, dance floor, large screen TVs, sound and video systems. Please call the restaurant for more information on function packages and menu.
- Private Party Contact: Jonatas Eller 6175479007x
- Entertainment: Wednesday night is west coast swing. Class at 8 pm (all ages welcome) $10
Thursday night is Brazilian Vibe night. Free Forro class from 9pm to 10pm and then dancing to live Forro music from 10pm to 2am. $12 cover charge.
Friday night is Salsa night. Free Salsa class from 9:30pm to 10:30pm. Dancing from 10:30pm to 2am.
Salsa, Merengue and Bachata music. $15 cover charge.
Saturday night is meltdown . Top 40's house music, Caribbean and African vibes.
A word from Fire + Ice Cambridge
FiRE + iCE the improvisational grill, is located in the heart of Cambridge"s Harvard Square. The unique and quirky atmosphere have been described by our patrons as a dining experience straight out of a Dr. Seuss book. Along with the non-traditional dining experience, guests will find a wide array of eccentric drink options including a variety of fruit infused vodkas and rums.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerKid Friendly
Fire + Ice Cambridge - Best Restaurants in Harvard Square ›
Fire + Ice Cambridge reviews from OpenTable diners
59 reviews since July 27, 2014
- Ambiance3.5Noise LevelEnergetic
good for groups (41)kid-friendly (29)fit for foodies (21)hot spot (16)great for lunch (15)special occasion (14)late-night find (12)neighborhood gem (9)great for brunch (7)vibrant bar scene (6)romantic (1)great for outdoor dining (1)Show More
- Comparison to Boston locationloveyoukpeDined on 11/15/2014While Fire and Ice Cambridge was definitely still very enjoyable, I liked my visit to the Boston location much better. There was a larger selection of pastas, vegetables, and sauces in Boston, which made a big difference in my experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A little disappointedShoshnbeliemomDined on 11/15/2014I have been to Fire + Ice in Boston several times and was excited to try this one for my birthday. I had a very easy time making a reservation on Open Table and in the notes section I put that we were celebrating a birthday. When we arrived, we were seated promptly, but were seated on a lower level nowhere near the grill (which we wanted our kids to experience). After we walked the girls around to show them the setup, I asked the manager if we could move into the grill area, which he did immediately. We would have loved a booth but he said they were reserved for larger parties. But parties the same size as ours was sat there so not sure what happened there. The food was great as usual and the service was good (since all the waiters do is take drink orders and clear). They do rotate the sauces and the ones they had were not my favorite but that is not the restaurants fault. However, very disappointed with some of the other aspects: Not once did a manager ask us about the birthday celebration that was listed in the reservation, the wait staff did not mention or ask if we wanted bread (and we didn't need it at that point) and when we talked about my birthday in front of the workers at the grill they did not make a big deal out of it like they do in Boston (or at least used to). They used to ring the bell, sing Happy Birthday, etc. Even though I thought the evening was OK, my kids loved as first time goers. Next time, I would go back to the one in Boston and not this one.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good foodLuv2explorefoodDined on 11/15/2014We were 5 adults and 2 kids with high chair. They included gratuity in the check even though we were less than 8 adults. Didn't tell the manager as kids were getting cranky and we wanted to get out ASAP but we thought that's not nice. We were not much happy with our waiter and we didn't want to tip him that much. Food is as always great and we love it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AwesomeAlcatDined on 11/14/2014Great for groups to go, cheap for the quality and all you can eat.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fire and Ice:great variety, food, and priceTonyDined on 11/13/2014We went to Fire and Ice Thursday Nov. 13 before a concert. The ingredients were excellent with a great variety and sauces also had a good variety. The food was grilled to perfection on the circular grill by a friendly and very competent cook. If you like fish don't miss the superb fish tacos. They were the highlight of our excellent meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wanted to like it...but didn'tChoppahDined on 11/11/2014I used to look forward to go here a lot when they first opened. After moving back to the area, I've been meaning to check it out but haven't had the chance. They were having a free meal promotion for Vet's Day . So, I thought I'd check it out again with my family. For a free meal, I can't complain and thank you to the management for honoring the service of our Vet's. However, I won't be going back. The quality and variety of the food here has really declined over the years. They used to have a wide variety of vegetables to choose from. This time, there were five at best. They used to have shrimp, tuna, Mako shark as well as a variety of terrestrial meats. This time, not so much. The "tenderloin" wasn't so tender and so on.
- Always FunResvplsDined on 10/25/2014Fire and Ice is always a good choice. It's so much fun to create your own meal, thought I'm not always the best guesser as to the right combinations. Definitely suggest small portions so you can try many different options all in one visit. Generally a noisey establishment so not fit for a romantic night out. Depending on the timing, reservations may be required.Special Features:
- Good for lunchShawnDined on 10/25/2014We went to for lunch and no line, waiting. So we could have food quickly. I went to three times! Hamburg is also good!Special Features:
- ExcellentOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 10/18/2014Can't wait to go back my next time in Boston. Food was very good. Very kid friendly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Team DinnerRowYourBoatDined on 10/17/2014I definitely appreciated that I was able to make a reservation for 11 people on my Open Table ap. We ate here as a team before the Head of the Charles and it was also really nice that the athletes got as much food as they wanted and it was all relatively healthy. The food was a little over cooked, I'm guessing because they were busy. Our server also did not seem to know how to handle large groups very well. Overall the team had a good experience and will be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great foodSulovestoeatDined on 10/17/2014parking right across the street! Food was great, fun placeSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun experienceDawgladyDined on 10/12/2014All the food you can eat for a great price ($18). Tons of choices. Fun for a couple, a girl's night out, or the whole family.Special Features:
- unique dining ideacathypellDined on 10/9/2014We enjoyed the variety of choices in this cafeteria style create your own meal. You pick your veggies, meat and sauces and it cooked while you watch. You can go back as often as you like to sample different combinations.Special Features:
- Nothing specialDisappointedDined on 10/4/2014I've heard alot about this place and I was not impressed. There's no ambiance at all...the food was just ok. The service was average. I have no desire to go back or to recommend it to anyone. I'm surprised its as popular as it is. I'm glad I went so now I know I haven't been missing out on anything.Special Features:
- Still A Great Place to GoOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/27/2014We've been many times over the years - mostly special occasions - and are still happy with the food and service. This time we went for lunch - meal choices are different for dinner. My kids love it (teenage boys and a buffet - what more could they want?). We also love Sunday brunch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice mealLambchopDined on 9/20/2014Great for casual meal. Fun to pick out items for your dish. Server was excellent - very helpful and attentive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Student Dining SpotdinerVIPDined on 9/14/2014While everything was satisfactory; food choices and service, it was just that. For a student on a budget $20 will fill you up. However, if you are looking for more ambiance, keep looking.
- not the sameOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/14/2014I came here about 10 years ago and loved the quality food, great service, and fun atmosphere. After my last visit, I don't think I'll be coming back. The restaurant has diversified too much (burgers and salad and soup and pizza) and lost their way in the process. Too bad, this used to be an amazing restaurant.
- Great timeEmmzDined on 9/13/2014I went here for my birthday and couldn't have asked for better. The food was amazing and so much fun to pick out for myself :)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 21st birthdaybeckyDined on 9/13/2014I went with ten other people and we all enjoyed our food and time there until the waitress refused to give us separate bills and made us do the math.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great culinary experience /conceptExplorator7Dined on 9/6/2014Loved the concept of selecting your ingredients and have them prepared in front of you. Allows for some amazing culinary adventure.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wow FactorGibfenmarshDined on 9/2/2014I brought of small group of people for a celebratory lunch and the atomsphere was perfect. It fostered a lot of communication and converstion in a very interactice environment.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- definitely will revisitfoooooodDined on 8/29/2014The food was delicious, the waiter and some other staff took my cake i brought stored it in a refrigerator, then brought it out after they cleared out plates, put their own candles on and sang happy birthday to me. Overall really friendly staff and amazing food. Anything you put on that plate will go will together i was stuffed at the end of the nightSpecial Features:
- Good but Not Greatmamatexas2001Dined on 8/16/2014Made the mistake of taking my family here for dinner! It's great for a college hang-out or meeting place. NOT a place to bring your family! Service was almost non-existent. Food was great - once we understood how it worked (You get your own food and take it to the grill, they cook it for you and hand it back) - atmosphere is young, pushy (college crowd) and very loud.Special Features:
- mehSomervilleoldtimerDined on 8/16/2014The food isn't very good. I'm a good cook and made reasonable choices, but the sauce I chose was incredibly salty. When I tried a second combination, it still wasn't great. I will say my salad was good, as was my Pina Colada.
- Food was amazing as usualSamJDined on 8/15/2014This was our 3rd visit over the years to Fire+Ice. After a span of almost 6 years I can still say the place is full of energy and the flavors are wonderful. Service seems to have slipped a notch - maybe it was a super busy Friday night this time. The flavors are wonderful and the guys behind the grill are super helpful. Overall great experience once again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointingOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/2/2014Very different feel than the downtown restaurant. Bright decor and super bright lights, we felt we were ata Chuck E Cheese. Waitress didn't bring the drink order until we were about done eating. Food was over-cooked: didn't appear to be a real sense of organization in how they were grilling.Special Features:
- Interesting atmosphere,tasty buffetBostonNewbieDined on 8/1/2014Showed up with 7 friends for a birthday party. Table was ready when we arrived. Drinks were great. The buffet had a nice meat selection and everything looked fresh. Great for a wide variety of tastes. Had vegetarian and gluten free options. Little noisy, but overall a great experience.Special Features:
- Unique - fun!!!HpsmomDined on 7/27/2014First time to Cambridge! Fun atmosphere and unique dining experience. Everyone will be able to find something they like! Great food! The only complaint was with the grill, the dining area was very hot! Would go bk and ask to sit somewhere else.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OutstandingAnitaDined on 7/27/2014We need a Fire & Ice in Oxford, PA!! Food was outstanding!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 452 reviews are from the Fire + Ice Cambridge reviews archive.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/26/2014Fun spot to hit if you need to take time eating, food was good CHefs were really goodSpecial Features:
- Not even for college kidsRobertVIPDined on 7/24/2014Place hard an unclean feel to it. Waited ten minutes and no hostess. Table was dirty. Whole feel of the place was it needed a thorough cleaning. Food was weak and took forever to cook. Dishes were greasy. Salad bar aweful. Don't go. It's all you can eat for a reason - you won't want to stay there long.
- Surprisingly good foodDatabaseNinjaDined on 7/18/2014This is my second time to a Fire + Ice restaurant... I went to the one in Boston last year. I didn't have a great recollection of my experience... I didn't remember it being horrible but it also didn't stand out. It was a vague 'OK' feeling so I didn't have high expectations for this trip. We (two adults and 4 teenagers) went to the Cambridge one on Friday night and the experience was much better than I recall... specifically relating to the food. The food was very good and prepared well... especially the steak. For <$20 for 'all you can eat' it is a bargain and the experience of picking your own food to have grilled for you was a fun novelty. We'll definitely be back.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 7/18/2014What a great place! As a person with a food allergy, I was nervous because of the open grill concept. They took care to make sure my food was cooked separately. The staff was so friendly and attentive, but not hovering. My 10 year old son LOVED his experience and the staff treated him very well. I WILL be back! !Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great foodPBarnDined on 7/4/2014Second time I've been to this restaurant, first time at this location. Wasn't very crowded. Ingredients and overall product are great. Table service wasn't all that great: it took about 10 minutes for our server to initially come to the table and he didn't check on us all that often; though other servers seemed more on-point. Bottom line: do recommend.Special Features:
- Not worth your moneyHollyPDined on 7/4/2014This restaurant was way over priced. Totally not worth the money. It was $16.99 for the " buffet" all you at dinner not including beverages or dessert. Ive never been to a buffet still restaurant where those things weren't included. But besides that, there weren't many choices for food. And the food tasted like its been sitting there for hours. The grill where they cook the food was so dirty and greasy that it made me a little queezy just thinking about my food cooking there. The ice cream was freezer burned and the soda did not taste like authentic Pepsi products. Not to mention the waiter was m.i.a for a good half hour. I will never go there again lol. What a rip off!
- Boston is betterOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 6/30/2014Go to the Boston location. The cambridge one feels a bit dilapidated, and the staff seem so glum to be there.Special Features:
- Just OKCHPaDined on 6/29/2014This was my second visit to Fire and Ice, both times with a large group. Some of our party had not been to the restaurant previously and was not aware of the procedure for compiling your meal. It was not clearly explained to our party and there was some confusion. Unfortnately that detracted from our experience. The restaurant was not a clean as we would have liked but the food was good. All combined, the Fire and Ice experience was just OK.Special Features:
- great foodrescuediver113Dined on 6/29/2014great place to eat and the cooks put on a great showSpecial Features:
- lunchhorses262Dined on 6/28/2014I had a great time for lunch and I also enjoyed dinner time I found a new great place to eatSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.