Fire + Ice Cambridge
50 Church Street
Cambridge, MA 02138Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Fire + Ice Cambridge
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.fire-ice.com/locations/cambridge-ma/
- Phone: (617) 547-9007
- Hours of Operation:
Brunch: Sunday: 11:00am - 3:00pm; Lunch: Monday - Saturday: 11:30am - 4:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm, Sunday: 3:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Dancing, Entertainment, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access
- Private Party Facilities: FiRE + iCE has recently added a new Function Room. The room seats up to 135 guests and has its own bar, dance floor, large screen TVs, sound and video systems. Please call the restaurant for more information on function packages and menu.
- Private Party Contact: Jonatas Eller 6175479007x
- Entertainment: Wednesday night is west coast swing. Class at 8 pm (all ages welcome) $10
Thursday night is Brazilian Vibe night. Free Forro class from 9pm to 10pm and then dancing to live Forro music from 10pm to 2am. $12 cover charge.
Friday night is Salsa night. Free Salsa class from 9:30pm to 10:30pm. Dancing from 10:30pm to 2am.
Salsa, Merengue and Bachata music. $15 cover charge.
Saturday night is meltdown . Top 40's house music, Caribbean and African vibes.
A word from Fire + Ice Cambridge
FiRE + iCE the improvisational grill, is located in the heart of Cambridge"s Harvard Square. The unique and quirky atmosphere have been described by our patrons as a dining experience straight out of a Dr. Seuss book. Along with the non-traditional dining experience, guests will find a wide array of eccentric drink options including a variety of fruit infused vodkas and rums.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerKid Friendly
Fire + Ice Cambridge - Best Restaurants in Harvard Square ›
Fire + Ice Cambridge reviews from OpenTable diners
57 reviews since July 29, 2014
- Ambiance3.5Noise LevelEnergetic
good for groups (40)kid-friendly (27)fit for foodies (19)hot spot (15)great for lunch (14)special occasion (13)late-night find (12)neighborhood gem (7)vibrant bar scene (6)great for brunch (5)great for outdoor dining (1)Show More
- Valentine's Day SpecialJoanneDined on 2/14/2014They held our reservations even though we were a bit late but parking across the street was a hassle. It was very crowded and finding open tables for us took awhile. The waiter was working hard but he would forget our order and bring us the wrong drinks. I would recommend the Boston location for special night but as a casual lunch/dinner occasions, this would be good.Special Features:
- Make It Your OwnEkopy1Dined on 2/12/2014Fire & Ice was a great first-time experience. The best part was putting your own meal together! Grab a bowl and pick your entree, vegetables, herb and spices and bring up the grill. The chef cooks the food right in front of you. Great for those who are leery about restaurant food; you eat what YOU put together. We will go back the next time we are in town. BTW... Did I mention it is all you can eat? Husband and son went up three times and really enjoyed the fish and seafood.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Long waitTracyDined on 2/8/2014We made 7:30 reservations and still had to wait over 20 minutes for a table. The entryway was packed with large groups, so it was difficult even to get the attention of the host to let them know we had arrived. While the food was good, it was so frenetic in the restaurant, and there were so many people trying to fill their bowls or stand around the grill waiting for their food to cook, it made for a stressful evening. I'd suggest going during "off hours" to have a more enjoyable experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Surprise Birthday Success!lagatamontesaDined on 1/30/2014Fire and Ice was the perfect place to throw a surprise birthday for my boyfriend and his friends. The person in charge of events (Dan) was incredibly accommodating and gave me great advice about seating, ambiance, special birthday treats for the guest of honor, dividing the check for a large group and even ordering a cake! The event was a complete success and the guys at the grill even sang for my boyfriend (to be fair, the whole restaurant sang to him thrice!). The food was pretty decent -- it's a buffet style spot so you can have your fill of any pasta, salad, burger (and depending on the day, pizza) or dessert (extra) of your choice!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for kids, service is very badddayDined on 1/26/2014Brought a bunch of kids....they loved picking out their own foods. The waitress was just not very good (forgot drinks, did not come by) and then since we were a group of 8, there was a forced tip...and even double charged us!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Busy placejenjenDined on 1/25/2014Saturday night to celebrate my daughters birthday because it's her favorite restaurant. busy place but had reservations. Kathia is very pleasant and welcoming to all. 2 girls turned to walk away after hearing wait is 45 mins but Kathia added "you can sit at the bar and still eat from there". The girls smiled and followed Kathia. The other hosts looked confused and seemed to be too busy to bother with courtesys but they might be in training. The FOOD is fresh, plentiful, and a good variety. The rice was a little mushier than before but still tasty. My only complaint is the bar can only be accessed on ONE side which is a nightmare when very busy. Parking inHarvard square practically impossible.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- From Favorite to FlopOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 1/25/2014My husband and I had been looking forward to going to Fire and Ice for a very long time. We typically go to the Boston location, tough came to Cambridge so we could pair it with a show. We were greeted by a fraction of the energy of the Berkley St location. Upon going up to get out food, we both commented on the poor layout of the food selections, making it difficult to know how to fill our bowls. Items just weren't where they would have made sense, thus not being able to find the typical items you would want until it was too late. As for the drinks, my margarita was great, but my husband was nearly sick from one drink of his rum and coke. It took an entire large soda to mix with his drink to get the proportions right.
- Not as good as I rememberOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 1/24/2014I've been to this restaurant once before. It seems rundown. There weren't as many selections for food and the price is higher. Way of the world. Needless to say I left full and the food was decent. It was very noisy inside but this is that kind of place. This particular spot feels disjointed, multiple rooms that have been converted to make room for more tables. Felt like I was eating in the basement.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- create your own dishesjaspa1111Dined on 1/23/2014Create your own custom dishes and eat as much as you like. Good selection of quality ingredients. Very nice chefs and servers. Music was good but a bit loud. Place was not busy at 6pm, but picked up as it got later. Good place to visit for special occasion. Good for gluten free choices and help by staff.Special Features:
- Good foodFit2eatDined on 1/18/2014It's something different, then any other place to eat. Pick exactly what you want, and a flavor. Or multiple flavors, and they cook it up for you.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OkWowee75Dined on 1/11/2014I hadn't been to the Cambridge fire + ice but to the one in Boston and the Cambridge one was not like what I recall the Boston location to be. The food choice was ok but still love the option of creating your own unique meal! My husband had never been so we decided to try this location. They had run out of a draft beer selection which seemed odd as it was fairly early in the evening. Staff was ok, not over the top friendly but never the less there should you need them. The patrons were of a much younger crowd, late to early teens and twenties, def not a date place nor a girls night out type of dining experience.Special Features:
- Great for GroupsRenalaDined on 1/11/2014I love Fire and Ice when I know I'm going out with a large group. With all the options I know even my super picky friends will find something, and we don't feel like a super burden on a waiter when there 15+ of us. Also, the Fire and Ice bowls are a fun and tasty way to start the night!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good for groupsSicka98Dined on 1/11/2014They were great. Pick your ingredients and the cooks will make your dish for you. Very reasonably priced for an all you can eat affair. Went with a group of 20 with mostly 11-12 year old kids and we all had a good time. Lots of fun.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Review titleNewYears2014Dined on 12/31/2013Food was great, price was right (surprise prix-fixe at 16.99, which was cheaper than some of the options on the menu and FAR cheaper than other restaurants' New Years prices -- and all-you-can-eat!). Had a great time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Similar to Fire + Ice in Boston,battousaiDined on 12/31/2013Similar to Fire + Ice in Boston, but seemed to be missing some items that were available at the other location. The Cambridge location seems more spacious though, and it wasn't too busy when we went on New Year's Eve.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun for kidsNanickaDined on 12/29/2013Many good food choices and a fun ambiance. You can create your own meal and that was a lot of fun.Special Features:
- On the fenceArdeliaDined on 12/28/2013We have been to Fire and Ice several times over the years. The service was good this time, food was fine, but the place really needs to spruce up and clean up. The Boston location seems to have a more pleasant atmosphere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fire and Ice is the Happening PlaceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/21/2013I had an awesome time there. I went for my Birthday and brought my family with me (2 kids ages 2/5) . They fit right in and the staff was very supportive of children being there. I will be returning in many future occasions. One of my Favorite Restuarants :)Special Features:
- I took out of town friendsOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 12/7/2013I took out of town friends to Fire and Ice to celebrate teen age holiday birthdays- perfect for the diversity of food likes and comfortable on the price.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Took our son for his Birthday.TBT4dinerDined on 11/30/2013The kids had a lot of fun. Food was good. Interesting approach. I'd prefer to have my dinner served, but all in all, a good time. Thanks.Special Features:
- Great night great foodOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 11/23/2013Food was excellent very friendly staff. Great selection and prices.Special Features:
- Always an adventureOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/22/2013I've been to Fire & Ice a few times, and each visit has been a very positive experience. The people are friendly, the food is always fresh, and the selection is almost overwhelming. There are so many options from which to choose, that every visit can be entirely different from the one before. Whether you're a meat-eater, a vegetarian, or a vegan, you'll find plenty of food choices to meet your needs - and the most important ones (the sauces) are all labeled, to make your selections easier. A fun place to visit, and always a tasty meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently goodchowVIPDined on 11/19/2013Great food and lots of fun. Only drawback was we went on a Tuesday and the selection of items wasn't as good as later in the week. Tried the grilled pizza and it was greatSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for Birthday DinnerLoriSDined on 11/18/2013Went with a friend to celebrate my birthday and use my free birthday meal which Fire and Ice most graciously provided. Had never been there before but my friend has been many times and showed me the ropes as well as our server explaining how it works. I was impressed with the selection of foods as well as presentation. Everything was so fresh and cooked to perfection. Have recommended to my friends, family and coworkers. Will be going there again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good dealFoodfinderVIPDined on 11/17/2013Fun way to get a mixed grille exactly the way you like it. Brought the teenaged kids and they liked the many choices to create their dishes. Sunday they served brunch items, pancakes were delicious. Cheap too!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I felt very rushed to finishgabbyDined on 11/16/2013I felt very rushed to finish eating and leave the restaurant, several servers made sure to reinforce to us that the restaurant closed at 11pm. When we were done eating and wanted to order dessert there was a problem because the kitchen was closed... it was 11:15.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A lot of fun!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 11/16/2013I celebrated my birthday here with 14 friends. The staff was very flexible and the food was delicious! Thanks!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very well runOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/16/2013We have gone to F&I many times before while visiting my daughter at college. However, I notice there may have been a change in management, or at least on the Saturday night shift. The manager (or the gentleman who appeared to be in charge).kept everyone moving and was constantly helping in all areas of the restaurant. Because of his hands on approach, we were brought in earlier than our reservation (every time before if you had a reservation they still made you wait 10 to 15 minutes). Kudos to the person who was in charge on 11/16 when we arrived at 5:40 for a 6 reservation, we really noticed a difference!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- over crowdedCat14Dined on 11/9/2013Server was great and the reservation time was kept however, the place was a mess and the staff had a hard time keeping up with the food due to the fact that they had an extremely large party (100+kids ages 10-13) who were set free all at once to eat. Our family had to eat seperatley as there was no space to accommodate all of us at the grill due to the large party. We would probably go to the other Boston area location next time.
- Love this place!CoreyDined on 11/8/2013I really enjoy Fire N Ice every time I go. They have a wide variety of meats, sauces, and veggies to choose from!!! The cooks do a wonderful job keeping the many dishes separate. I always have a great time! I've been several times but this particular time (11/8), the waitress was terrible! We didn't have silverware, she rarely came over, and she seemed like she hated life! Also, our table was seated right next to the sauces. One of my friends who sat the closest to the sauces kept getting hit by people because the table was so close. That was kind of a turn off had it been our first time. Other than that, everything else was great! Fire N Ice's reward system is great too!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fire & Ice holding up wellSilkeVIPDined on 10/29/2013The concept is fun once in a while... choose your own raw food and have it grilled for you, with your choice of sauce... complemented by tortillas, rice, soup, salad... at a very reasonable price, in a slightly seedy but OK ambiance. The sauces have gotten blander and sweeter over the years, but presumably this is what customers want (?) Value proposition is good for us when attending a performance in Cambridge and wanting a quick and early dinner... one of the best midrange options in Harvard Square. Friendly waitperson, laid back atmosphere... especially fun for those of us who like to play with their food. :-)I would recommend this to a friend.
- I really enjoyed the experience,ElaineDined on 10/25/2013I really enjoyed the experience, we were early on a Friday night so it was quiet which was fine for me. I think it would be fun to go with a group of friends. Seemed a little odd that we had to make reservations when only two tables eating in the restaurant. The only other people there were a handful of folks at the bar. I would definitely like to return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for groupsshushka136Dined on 10/24/2013We always meet up w friends at F&I. We eat until we're stuffed, have a couple drinks and talk and laugh and have a good time. Our only complaint is that the booths are on the dark side of the moon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect for visitorsSusan123Dined on 10/15/2013When you're not sure what kind of food someone likes, it's great to come here because people pick out their own ingredients and portions; everyone gets just what they want .Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great servicesokupthesun07Dined on 10/14/2013Our server was fantastic--always on top of things and very accommodatingSpecial Features:
- Fire and iceJay2fullDined on 10/13/2013Had a great time with the family couldn't have asked for anything moreSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- College Hot SpotanalyticsoffinanceDined on 10/12/2013Went there with a group of students in Cambridge area - reunion type. Food was good and the quantity was great - it's a buffet place. I would def recommend it if you are looking for a place with an energetic crowd of people. The only thing - F&I could introduce some new items to the menu...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a favorite!DragonLadyDined on 10/12/2013I lived in the greater Boston area for several years, and always made a point to stop in for dinner at least once a year. I've been away from the area for almost a decade, and decided to return as part of a business trip. I have to say... NOTHING has changed, and that's a VERY good thing! The food is fresh and fantastic, the service is great, and the bar is both creative and extensive. It can be very loud at times, but that's to be expected when you have so many enthusiastic patrons enjoying themselves on a Saturday evening. Reservations are helpful! The line is a bit daunting when it's busy. But... funky decor, helpful flavor suggestions, and a meal that is *exactly* what you want (since you build it yourself!). Who could ask for more?Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not ImpressedDiner2013Dined on 10/5/2013Had a reservation for 6:30 and was not seated until about 6:50. Long line at the "buffet" to select food to be grilled. Good selection of meats but not what I expected for vegies - no traditional "stir-fry" selections. Good selection of sauces but I found a full servicing of the schezwan sauce was way too much - might be good to inform customers of "watch-outs" like this. All selections at each station was well labeled so it was very clear what was available. Chicken stew was very good but can't comment on teh salad bar as I opted not to partake. While the concept was different - the rest of the experience was very ordinary and in my opinion not worth $16.99 + tax per person. Lots of better places to eat in the area
- Great placeKim11WRXDined on 10/4/2013This is absolutely the best place for a group or date night dinner!!Special Features: