Fire + Ice Boston
205 Berkeley Street
Boston, MA 02116Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Fire + Ice Boston
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.fire-ice.com/locations/boston-ma/
- Phone: (617) 482-3473
- Hours of Operation:
Saturday - Sunday: 10:00am - 3:00pm
Monday - Friday: 11:00am - 4:00pm
Monday - Wednesday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm
Thursday - Friday 4:00pm - 11:00pm
Saturday: 3:00pm - 12:00am
Sunday: 3:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Pay with OpenTable,Visa
- Cuisine: American, International
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Special Events: Mother's Day Brunch
1. Person who does the work of twenty. For free.
(See also: ‘saint’)
Lets face it; Mother’s Day should come more than once a year. She does everything!
Mom deserves to be pampered this Mother’s Day! Let us do the legwork while she chooses from all her favorite brunch specials! We are grilling up Mixed Berry Stuffed French Toast, Eggs Benedict and two carving stations, in addition to her weekly favorites!
Don’t be a Last Minute Larry! Mom deserves the best, make your reservations now and surprise her on the 12th! www.fire-ice.com/mothersday
A word from Fire + Ice Boston
FiRE+iCE is a create-your-own-meal concept that goes beyond your wildest expectations when it comes to satisfying each and every appetite. From seasoned foodies who demand a range of herbs and spices to stubborn children who refuse to eat anything that’s “touching green stuff”, anyone can create a delicious meal at FiRE+iCE.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerKid Friendly
Fire + Ice Boston - Best Restaurants in Back Bay ›
Fire + Ice Boston reviews from OpenTable diners
163 reviews since July 29, 2014
- Ambiance3.8Noise LevelEnergetic
good for groups (130)special occasion (69)kid-friendly (66)hot spot (60)fit for foodies (50)great for lunch (38)vibrant bar scene (26)late-night find (25)neighborhood gem (24)great for brunch (19)great for outdoor dining (5)scenic view (3)romantic (3)Show More
- Fabulous family eveningOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/25/2014Stunned to find Fire and Ice will now put your food experiment on pizza shells they fry with the rest of your food on the grill/bar, before topping it up and covering it to finish. Very friendly atmosphere, Tuesday night a little smoother than the partyish Thursday/Friday/Saturday scene. Our waitress Erin S was terrific. Always love the fun with the cooks - sort of like Teppanyaki but not so serious. All in all our seven-person family celebration was great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LOVE FIRE & ICE!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/23/2014We have been to this specific location multiple times, the food can't be beat, the servers are amazing!! We went with our family a party of 7, we didn't have to search for anyone, our drinks were ready when we returned from getting our food, the Brunch menu rocks!!! Crepes, Pancakes, French toast, omelets! Super delicious and fantastic! Will be returning for Brunch soon!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Alexandria4Dined on 11/22/2014We had a rather large reservation and the seating was a bit smashed and crowded. The food was great, it was very busy, but the staff was awesome!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- too collegeOverwhelmedDined on 11/21/2014The food and service were good but it was hard to hear. There was a very large party of high school/ college age (none had drinks so I am assuming the age) people who were sat next to our table. They were loud, obnoxious and were throwing food and smashing food in each other's face. It all became too much and we ended up talking more about the other table than enjoying the night. I was there for my birthday so it took away from the celebration. Food was really yummy though and our server was funny.Special Features:
- A Night Out With FriendsCrandaddyVIPDined on 11/18/2014The atmosphere was excellent. Our group of 5 was at a corner pod table/booth. Our waiter was excellent, and the manager went above and beyond to take care of our group. I am a regular at this restaurant, and I travel over an hour to get here. I have always had an excellent experience every time!! The food is always fresh, and rotated about every 30 min or when it runs low. The grill cooks are fun and upbeat. Overall a great place to have drinks and create endless all-you-can-eat food combinations!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OK for special occasionsomgKG3Dined on 11/16/2014Fire and Ice is a good venue for parties and special occasions but not a typical Saturday night out. You come to Fire and Ice for the experience: picking your own ingredients and watching chefs cook it on a giant grill right in front of you. Food is not bad; you'll end up eating a lot.Special Features:
- Great conceptOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/15/2014The wait staff was extremely friendly although less than attentive on refilling drinks and water glasses. The energy of the restaurant is amazing and the all you can eat and the various choices of food and sauces is fantastic. It is way too loud for a romantic dinner but for a group or family out for an exciting dining experience it is just the place. The prices are excellent and can't be beat for a downtown night out.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A fun carnival of dining for family and friends.FSAMCDined on 11/15/2014It is what it is. The place is like a carnival, especially in decor, with the main attraction being the huge grill in the center while being surround by a lot of joyous noise and foot traffic back and forth from table to grill. You don't go here on a date night or for conversation. It's great for a group of friends or for families. It is an entertaining dining experience. My kids love the decor, putting the food items together, and going up to the grill. The quality of the food is good given the quantity of preparation and ingredients of every individual bowl. The servers do a good job at catering to the "hordes" :)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- subpar food and terrible servicecollegefoodieDined on 11/14/2014We made a reservation, and Fire and Ice called to confirm, but after that it was all down hill from there. We arrived early but were not seated for over 45 minutes. The hostesses were very rude and condescending and definitely should have have been working the front of the restaurant. I am shocked the managers put them there because they lacked basic customer service skills. When we asked why we weren't being seated, they yelled at us and were very unpleasant. After finally being seated, the food was subpar. Dinner runs you $19 + tax and tip, and I don't think it was worth it. The selection of meats was pretty standard...nothing too impressive. The cooking process results in thin cuts of meat being overcooked, rice being too crispy, and veggies being half cooked. The chefs were kind of entertaining, but overall the service and food were not worth the price. I will not be returning.
- Fun EnviromentDobsDined on 11/14/2014Awesome place for a group or a casual date! Can be really busy on certain nights like Fridays/WeekendsSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place!MrsWimDined on 11/11/2014This is my all-time favorite restaurant! They have a great food selection and it's just a fun atmosphere. The staff members are always upbeat and friendly, especially the cooks around the hibachi. They also have an email club, which is great for discounts and such on holidays and free meals on your birthday.Special Features:
- Closes earlyAmandal125Dined on 11/10/2014We went on a Monday for college night and luckily had a reservation, by the time we got there they were turning people away at the door the waiting list was past closing. Sadly fire and ice closes super early so by the time we got seated, waited for our food since there were so many people we basically say ate and told to get ready to leave. I wish they were open later but understand most people don't eat lateSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great staffOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/8/2014Staff was outstanding. Our table was checked on frequently. Cooking staff were a lot of fun.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect Fun Family & Group SpotMomofboysDined on 11/7/2014We were visiting my son who goes to college in Boston and wanted to take him and his roommates out to eat somewhere fun. Fire+ice was the perfect spot! Vibrant atmosphere on a Friday night-- lots of 20 something's but not so many that we felt out of place. It was energetic and loud but when we returned to our both from getting our food, it was plenty quiet to hear one another talk. There was something that everyone liked and it was great fun preparing and seeing what everyone came up with. Everything we had was fresh, delicious and plentiful. The price was reasonable for the all you can eat style restaurant. We made reservations @ 8:00 and was seated by 8:15. Overall fantastic experience--We are looking forward to returning soon!Special Features:
- EntertainingRidiculisDined on 11/7/2014Great place if you are with a few friends celebrating something! It's a great place for when you are looking for more than just dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- a little darkOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/1/2014Certain areas was dark. It was excellent food and i loved my server.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Saturday NightMARunnr2Dined on 11/1/2014Busy night! Lots of options to choose from, food wise. Service was great, prompt and friendly, seated early which worked out perfectly. Wouldn't recommend for young kids due to self serving in the food area (marketplace?)Special Features:
- A good night out in BostonGoggaDined on 10/31/201413 of us went to Fire +Ice for the first time last Friday. Not sure what we expected but everybody had a good time and great food. Not expensive and a wide choice of fresh ingredients. We sat upstairs and there was not a lot of noise like some people have noted.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/30/2014Always a fun way to eat dinner. Being able to pick exactly what you want and eat as much as you want...always a plus!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- College nightAngelmelsweetieDined on 10/27/2014Was good, but then was charged more than it said on the website. We were told prices were never posted. When we showed the manager their own website, was told they could not verify except by a computer, which they did not have. One of the workers then pointed out that a computer did indeed exist. Finally got the advertised price.Special Features:
- GreatOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/20/2014It was great. Great food, great concept, great music.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Super funPhitdafDined on 10/18/2014Night was fun. Make a reservation!!! Tons of choices and the staff was great. Really like the set price for your dinner. Extras like desserts and drink was reasonable. A bit too loud if you want to chat....actually...really loud!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 50th50thDined on 10/18/2014I loved it the only drawback was seating for a groups. Would have liked a little more intimate for conversation and interaction.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delightful experienceCissyDined on 10/14/2014Neither one of us had ever been, and the experience is truly that -- an experience! There were young people, groups, families, individuals -- a fun scene. The waiter gave is a "tour" and another young man who seemed to be like a host kept checking in and answering questions for us as we selected our food. The cooks were entertaining and let me take a picture of my colleague with him -- we were celebrating a milestone for her. Can't wait to go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place to go anytimeDelicious2beDined on 10/12/2014The food and entertainment is just unbelievable there so much to choose from and very friendly staff and helpful and polite. Food is deliciousSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- What a great place for dinner!BrandonDined on 10/11/2014Hands down, Fire + Ice is a wonderful place to go for any large gathering. I went for my birthday with a bunch of friends and the night could not have been any better!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/11/2014Fun, lively, young atmosphere with a great variety of food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fire and Ice BOSOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/10/2014We had a fun time for a birthday outing with family and friends. It was a little loud with several college groups there, but we were still able to have private conversations at our table. Building your own meal was fun, and the staff at the grill made it an experience to remember. Overall, I would recommend especially if you are looking for a unique experience and a night out with friends.Special Features:
- date nightdatenightDined on 10/4/2014my husband and I wanted to try something new and heard great reviews of this place but it definitely wasn't a great date night. It wasn't easily accessible, it was very loud, crowded, and much to close to other customers. We missed a lot of foods in the market place because there were so many people that kept getting in the way and not being courteous of others and not much order. the food was good and so were the drinks and for a good price. If we try again we may try a different location and/or a different time of day or day of the week. i think it is more of a group outing place rather than a date night placeSpecial Features:
- Great food & atmosphereMR04Dined on 10/3/2014F&I has a great lively atmosphere that can be a little loud at times, but it's just due to everyone having such a goo time. The food situation is unusual in a good way. It's a Mongolian BBQ, you select all the food you want from a raw bar, and they cook it on a giant circular grill infront of you with your choice of sauce. The flavor combinations are endless, and the staff very entertaining. F&I is a great value, with great food, and staff. Just don't get stuck on one combination, the fun is always trying new flavors.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Something DifferentfoodmomDined on 9/26/2014Food was very good. Went with a family of 6. Not worth the money for my 7 year old who basically ate a hot dog, but the older kids really enjoyed it. Not a place I would have expected to eat a burger, but it was amazing. Salad bar was very fresh. I expected the cooks to be interactive, but the extent of that was telling people where to place their bowl. Good variety of meats, vegetables and pasta. Not thrilled with the flavor of sauces to try. Server came frequently to remove our plates, refill drinks, etc.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Beyond ExceptionalhathorDined on 9/20/2014We went here for my birthday and were seated right away because of our reservation. This was not our first time here and we will keep coming back. This time and every other time, we have had nothing but exceptional service. We need our food cooked separately from everyone else's and it was always fast and never a problem. At some places you have to practically beg to track down your server, but not at Fire + Ice. There are plenty of staff everywhere all the time and it was no problem if we needed something just to ask any of the staff. It is a very open, relaxing atmosphere. We even saw some people dancing in the aisles!Special Features:
- So many choices!MiksterDined on 9/19/2014This is an experience! Any meat tuna, chicken, sausage, burger, shrimp, steak, calamari. Or not Any veggies, any pasta or rice, any sauce. Watch the crazy fun chef cook your meal.so much fun,Special Features:
- fxn74Dined on 9/14/2014Chaotic, noisy are the first considerations. The food should be placed in the bowl (all together), and then handed over to cook with favorite sauce, and cook it all together in the kitchen plate. Then put the sauce over. In the end all tastes undefined. Upon entering the room there is a written warning to be very careful with purses and values. Maybe in the past there have been thefts, because in the gloom and confusion of the room would be possible.Special Features:
- Great NightHockeyMomDined on 9/13/2014Decided last minute to visit this place. Took our in laws for the first time and it was a great experience. The kids loved picking out what they wanted and having it cooked right in front of them. Expensive so maybe only for special occasions or when they have their kids eat free night!Special Features:
- Almost a 5 star ratingDinerBoundDined on 9/13/2014All was great, chefs entertaining and helpful. Wait staff was very good considering how busy it was. Replenishment of food struggled to keep up with the amount of patrons that night. It's a little crowded when packed and borders on hazardous.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- really fun!MarciDined on 9/13/2014Everyone really enjoyed their meal - great food and great conceptSpecial Features:
- GgurlDined on 9/12/2014bathrooms could of been cleaner.floor beeded to be dryed. toilet paper should of been on the carrier and put an airfreshner in thereSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great visitbakster21Dined on 9/8/2014Enjoyed the opportunity to visit Fire and Ice and was able to try lunch time on a weekday - highly recommended for low crowds, easy access to the grill, and quick service.
- Just ok. Slightly disappointed.SeattlegirlDined on 9/7/2014The hostess was quite rude. The floors were sticky. The sauce station was a mess and had empty containers. Our waiter was attentive and helpful. We came from out of town (Seattle)and tried this restaurant based on a recommendation. I feel like we wasted one of our nights in Boston.Special Features: