209 East 56th Street
New York, NY 10022Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.fiorinirestaurantnyc.com/
- Phone: 2123080830
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 3:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Luis Quispilema
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Beer, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Fiorini
Once again the Arpaia family is at it again, known for Lello Scarlatti, Cellini, Bellni, Acquapazza, David Burke & Donatella, Dona, and Anthos. Restaurateurs Lello and son Dino have paired up to introduce Fiorini ("little flower"), a smart but simple elegant Italian restaurant for the neighborhood that is moderately priced. Fiorini is committed to regional traditional dishes and having the best and freshest product available. Lello and Dino are dedicated and passionate about solid cooking, consistency, and obliging staffers to create a welcome atmosphere. Located in midtown on 56th between 2nd and 3rd avenues.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Fiorini reviews from OpenTable diners
32 reviews since May 19, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (23)fit for foodies (9)special occasion (7)romantic (6)great for lunch (5)notable wine list (4)good for groups (4)Show More
- Very good consistent ItalianMarcVIPDined on 9/11/2014This is a wonderful place. Consistent food, polite waiters, a calm ambience. Food was very good as always. I feel welcomed.Special Features:
- Great RestaurantDinaVIPDined on 9/4/2014I have never had an unrewarding meal or experience of any kind at Fiorini. I feel like "family" when I am there and never hesitate to take guests or recommend Fiorini.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Quiet Lunch SpotMCalDined on 7/17/2014Great spot for business lunch, small crowd and street view.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 6/14/2014Food was delicious. We enjoyed it and will return soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dining at its bestGloriousfoodieVIPDined on 6/9/2014Celebrated a birthday and was very happy to be dining in a restaurant that is what dining should be. Good food , perfectly made drinks ,happy severs always willing to please and a sound level commensurate with conversation. We've dined here many times and will continue to do so.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/2/2014Fantastic dining experience. One of the top nyc dining locations still undiscovered by the masses. A great total experience and always consistent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 347 reviews are from the Fiorini reviews archive.
- JMazVIPDined on 5/16/2014Open table lists this as $$, it is definitely a $$$, maybe a $$$$. Everything was great but much more expensive than I expected based on OT
- EXCELLENTDinaVIPDined on 5/13/2014Fiorini continues to be excellent. Thus, our continued patronage bringing friends and colleagues to share the experience of great food and service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful foodDinaVIPDined on 5/9/2014Have never been disappointed with the food, the service, or the drink at Fiorini. They are consistent in all respects. Bravo.Special Features:
- Good ItalianBearCakesDined on 4/26/2014Not much to say about this restaurant. It wasn't bad nor was it great. Just a normal Italian place with lots of different people. The food was well portioned and gets you full. The whine list was notable with its big selection. The interior of the restaurant was a little throwback Italian.Special Features:
- ExcellentDinaVIPDined on 4/23/2014Every meal in Fiorini is a great experience. Tonight we brought visitors from overseas to enjoy dinner with us. The poussin was very good as usual. The rack of lamb was perfection per our visitor and the beef ribs which were on the special menu were perfection. The wait staff could not be more professional and friendly. We were asked several times if we were enjoying our meal. I would recommend this restaurant to anyone who wishes to have an excellent dinner.Special Features:
- Food preparationOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 4/18/2014Two tries and the chicken/poussen was overcooked. They declined to try a third time. Mine was fine. Medium rare.Special Features:
- Very good food at very fairOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 4/7/2014Very good food at very fair prices. Good wine list and the BYOB policy is fair.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Feels like an upper east side lunchMimibeeVIPDined on 3/19/2014Surprisingly quiet and staid; mostly neighborhood people. Old. Don't go for business lunch. No atmosphere
- When All Others ArecBookedBarryDined on 3/15/2014We went to Fiorini because it was one of the only restaurants with an open reservation at the last minute on Saturday night. Although the service was excellent, the food was only fair.
- Can always get a good mealxxxxVIPDined on 3/1/2014Can always get a good meal here. An excellent restaurant. Hope all of NYC does not find out.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Don't Go!!!!!yumyumVIPDined on 2/21/2014Very over-priced. Salad of mozzarella and tomatoes was $19. When you are paying $45 for Dover Sole and $40 for rib-eye steak, I don't want a crying kid in the background. . Steak wasn't tender--@ $40--not acceptable.
- Midtown OasisStringsriderVIPDined on 2/12/2014Fiorini offers excellent food, served by attentive but not intrusive staff in an attractive low key setting. The tables are spaced nicely so that one can actually have a discussion over lunch or dinner. A perfect, slightly out of the way spot for a business lunch and probably equally viable for a romantic dinner or just a first class dinner with friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Polished, Professional, DeliciousElsasolseatsVIPDined on 2/5/2014Donatella's polished, professional enterprise delivers reliably delicious, no-nonsense Italian cuisine in an atmosphere as quiet and sophisticated as the mature, knowing crowd that comes in for casual dinners, business lunches and family or business events. It's a neighborhood treasure that delivers for a crowd that knows what it wants -- and gets it.Special Features:
- We had an outstanding dinnertag810VIPDined on 1/31/2014We had an outstanding dinner here, the bartender was great and very attentive to the large group that we had. The wait staff did a excellent job attending to every detail . The wine that they recommended was just as good. Nothing about this location was bad !! Outstanding job I will return every time i am in NYC. ThanksSpecial Features:
- Perfect for a romantic weekend!Reba99Dined on 1/31/2014Wonderful dining experience! We had an early dinner before a show. Food was exquisite and service to perfection. Quiet,as it was early, but made it more romantic!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Overall: very good experienceSherylVIPDined on 1/24/2014Overall: very good experience at our first time here. The service was attentive - and patient, since we were catching up with friends we hadn't seen in a long time. Slightly pricey for a 'neighborhood' Italian, but the Salad Bianca was excellent (artichokes, endive, nicely dressed) and chicken with sausage & spinach was generous and tasty. Others had spaghetti with clams, which was also was good.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Polished ProfessionalsElsasolseatsVIPDined on 1/13/2014Always reliable, always hospitable, always delicious. Attracts an older crowd that appreciates civilized, quiet, comfortable quarters, a warm welcome and culinary excellence.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Enjoyed itLocalDined on 12/28/2013Food was great, the location was just off the beaten path enough to keep it quieter so it had a real local feel to it. Would recommend to friends and will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hidden GemGreatFood4EverVIPDined on 12/14/2013Simply outstanding. Our table of 4 loved every minute of our experience. Can't wait to return for more. The dinner specials were a huge hit, the wine was a perfect match, pasta and risottos were from heaven. Even the cappuccinos were created by an expert. The staff care about their clients and have a terrific system that keeps the whole place running smooth. No reason to complain or change a single thing. Just found THE midtown Italian restaurant to refer visitors and locals who haven't found it yet.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delish!!!ZoomzigyDined on 12/13/2013Everything was done with expert care. The food was great. The ambiance was so nice, and just what I needed after a New York day. I felt very taken care of and the food was high qualitySpecial Features:
- A WONDERFUL GEMShellyS38VIPDined on 12/4/2013IN A NEIGHBORHOOD THAT IS FILLED WITH RESTAURANTS FIORIN STANDS OUT. THE MENU, THE FOOD, THE SERVICE WAS OUTSTANDING AS WELL AS THE MODERATE PRICES. GREAT VALUE!! GOING TO MAKE THIS OUR GO TO ITALIAN RESTAURANT. PORTIONS ARE GENEROUS AS WELL AS THE INDIVIDUAL GLASS OF WINE WE SELECTED.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Neighborhood gem is the wordShozgirlVIPDined on 12/4/2013I met an out of town friend and we wanted somewhere we could talk...be heard..,with good authentic Italian reasonably priced. Fiorini fit the bill! We shared a special burratta appetizer, and then each had pasta. For mr liguini con vongele which was perfectly al de te and fresh clams in shell, and for my frie d a parpadelle dish he very much enjoyed. We shared a delicious ricotta cheesecake for dessert. The noise level was perfectly low enough to talk, and our corner window table was perfect. Thank you!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Elegant and deliciousJiniscuteDined on 11/28/2013The food is delectable and served with quiet professionalism. Also, this restaurant is far more roomy than most midtown places. Go.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- gnocchi a little rich withdeliciousVIPDined on 11/23/2013gnocchi a little rich with gorgonzola cheese would give another shotI would recommend this to a friend.
- Intimate ItalianOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 11/16/2013Fiorini is a beautiful Italian Restaurant. Subtle lighting and soft decor makes it very inviting. We were there on the early side which was actually very nice. It was quiet and we had great service. The hostess was warm and welcoming and our server was very attentive. The food and wine were wonderful, we will be going to Fiorini again !Special Features:
- We were first-timers. ReallyOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 11/2/2013We were first-timers. Really liked the food, service, and decor. Sort of Milanese in feel. The only complaint is that the prosciutto & melon came with a tasteless piece of melon (maybe out of season?).
- intimate romantic dinnerjaharris44Dined on 11/2/2013my wife and I had an early romantic dinner the night before the marathon. Fiorini was exactly what we needed! The pasta was perfect for our pre race meal. This is a gem in New York City.Special Features:
- Comfort from the rain.MCalDined on 10/23/2013Nice bar with "free pour" friendly barkeep. Open windows to the street. Refined crowd. Great food and service...all things appealing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Quiet Clubby CharmerElsasolseatsVIPDined on 10/23/2013An older, sophisticated crowd patronizes to this civilized yet friendly neighborhood Italian for reliably fine food, polished service, quiet conversation, comfortable clubby ambience. Wine cellar is a wonderful party venue. If it's not on the menu, they will make it for you -- beautifully. Lunch attracts mostly a business crowd.Special Features:
- A very good restaurant. Food,HarvVIPDined on 9/27/2013A very good restaurant. Food, service, wine list above average.Special Features:
- Reliable neighborhood ItalianMidtownEatsVIPDined on 9/13/2013Not spectacular but a good choice for a nice dinner in our neighborhood. It was only about 3/4 full on a Friday night and it seemed like half the patrons were regulars (older couples). Pastas were perfectly cooked, sauces were delicious although on the salty side, their homemade gelatos were decent (more icy than creamy), service was lovely. We'd go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loved the food, the service,OpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 9/7/2013Loved the food, the service, the wine and the abilty to talk & hear each other. We had a group of 5. Really nice dinner choice.I would recommend this to a friend.
- the caeser salad was not goodmarciaDined on 8/21/2013the caeser salad was not good very small no taste and with capers which was very strange-otherwise the lamb chops were done to perfection and excellent I would definitely go back.Special Features:
- Enjoyed a night outjerryfVIPDined on 8/15/2013Was looking forward to this and it didn;t disappoint too much The profiterole for dessert was a big disappointment and definitely not worth it. The baked clams appetizer was ok, not outstanding. Same for the Bufalo mozzarella. The main courses of linguine vongole and rigatoni bolognese were both outstanding. Same for the bread, deliciously crusty and also foccacia. I was also disappointed in the price of a glass of Sangovese. $15! I am sure I could purchase a bottle retail for less than that. So next time I will be more careful in what I order and what I drink.