209 East 56th Street
New York, NY 10022Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.fiorinirestaurantnyc.com/
- Phone: (212) 308-0830
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 3:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Luis Quispilema
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Beer, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Fiorini
Once again the Arpaia family is at it again, known for Lello Scarlatti, Cellini, Bellni, Acquapazza, David Burke & Donatella, Dona, and Anthos. Restaurateurs Lello and son Dino have paired up to introduce Fiorini ("little flower"), a smart but simple elegant Italian restaurant for the neighborhood that is moderately priced. Fiorini is committed to regional traditional dishes and having the best and freshest product available. Lello and Dino are dedicated and passionate about solid cooking, consistency, and obliging staffers to create a welcome atmosphere. Located in midtown on 56th between 2nd and 3rd avenues.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Fiorini reviews from OpenTable diners
37 reviews since July 26, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (25)fit for foodies (13)special occasion (7)romantic (5)notable wine list (5)good for groups (5)great for lunch (4)hot spot (1)Show More
- Delightful surpriseJoanVIPDined on 11/21/2014Gracious Italian restaurant, pleasant room nicely lit, courteous service, delicious well priced menuSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awful Service and Surly HelpOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/19/2014Hostess is rude and refuses to reserve a table except when she tells you you can't have that one which stands empty all evening. Tall waiter thinks he owns the place. Surly and awful service. Told me to get out and don't come back. The owner should know what's going on
- MintyJulepVIPDined on 11/7/2014We were old friends getting tigether after a long time. They were courteous to us and allowed us to take all our time. That table was ours for the night! The foid and service were fabulous!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Abusive Pricing for BerriesBoybuilderVIPDined on 11/5/2014$13.00 for a three ounce portion of berries is not only abusive but obscene!
- always greatDinaVIPDined on 10/30/2014Came in for an impromptu dinner with a friend. The food and service was consistently good. The daily special menus always as a surprise dish that never disappoints. I opted for a chicken rollini stuffed with black truffles, cheese, and spinach. Had a yummy dinner once again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely dinnernanlDined on 10/29/2014WE enjoyed the food and setting. We would go there again anytime.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MarcVIPDined on 10/21/2014Fiorini is consistently excellent. Veal, fish, pastas. Waiters are friendly, I feel at home when I visit. Will return.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 10/7/2014Better attention to customers is needed. Too much salt to the food. Service not as good as usual.I would recommend this to a friend.
- OutstandingOverlyCriticalVIPDined on 10/3/2014Have been going here for awhile. This restaurant keeps getting better and better!! Great menu and a list of specials to choose from. The food is spectacular and the staff is great--both friendly and efficient.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very good consistent ItalianMarcVIPDined on 9/11/2014This is a wonderful place. Consistent food, polite waiters, a calm ambience. Food was very good as always. I feel welcomed.Special Features:
- Great RestaurantDinaVIPDined on 9/4/2014I have never had an unrewarding meal or experience of any kind at Fiorini. I feel like "family" when I am there and never hesitate to take guests or recommend Fiorini.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 351 reviews are from the Fiorini reviews archive.
- Quiet Lunch SpotMCalDined on 7/17/2014Great spot for business lunch, small crowd and street view.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 6/14/2014Food was delicious. We enjoyed it and will return soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dining at its bestGloriousfoodieVIPDined on 6/9/2014Celebrated a birthday and was very happy to be dining in a restaurant that is what dining should be. Good food , perfectly made drinks ,happy severs always willing to please and a sound level commensurate with conversation. We've dined here many times and will continue to do so.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/2/2014Fantastic dining experience. One of the top nyc dining locations still undiscovered by the masses. A great total experience and always consistent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- JMazVIPDined on 5/16/2014Open table lists this as $$, it is definitely a $$$, maybe a $$$$. Everything was great but much more expensive than I expected based on OT
- EXCELLENTDinaVIPDined on 5/13/2014Fiorini continues to be excellent. Thus, our continued patronage bringing friends and colleagues to share the experience of great food and service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful foodDinaVIPDined on 5/9/2014Have never been disappointed with the food, the service, or the drink at Fiorini. They are consistent in all respects. Bravo.Special Features:
- Good ItalianBearCakesDined on 4/26/2014Not much to say about this restaurant. It wasn't bad nor was it great. Just a normal Italian place with lots of different people. The food was well portioned and gets you full. The whine list was notable with its big selection. The interior of the restaurant was a little throwback Italian.Special Features:
- ExcellentDinaVIPDined on 4/23/2014Every meal in Fiorini is a great experience. Tonight we brought visitors from overseas to enjoy dinner with us. The poussin was very good as usual. The rack of lamb was perfection per our visitor and the beef ribs which were on the special menu were perfection. The wait staff could not be more professional and friendly. We were asked several times if we were enjoying our meal. I would recommend this restaurant to anyone who wishes to have an excellent dinner.Special Features:
- Food preparationOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 4/18/2014Two tries and the chicken/poussen was overcooked. They declined to try a third time. Mine was fine. Medium rare.Special Features:
- Very good food at very fairOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 4/7/2014Very good food at very fair prices. Good wine list and the BYOB policy is fair.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Feels like an upper east side lunchMimibeeVIPDined on 3/19/2014Surprisingly quiet and staid; mostly neighborhood people. Old. Don't go for business lunch. No atmosphere
- When All Others ArecBookedBarryDined on 3/15/2014We went to Fiorini because it was one of the only restaurants with an open reservation at the last minute on Saturday night. Although the service was excellent, the food was only fair.
- Can always get a good mealxxxxVIPDined on 3/1/2014Can always get a good meal here. An excellent restaurant. Hope all of NYC does not find out.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Don't Go!!!!!yumyumVIPDined on 2/21/2014Very over-priced. Salad of mozzarella and tomatoes was $19. When you are paying $45 for Dover Sole and $40 for rib-eye steak, I don't want a crying kid in the background. . Steak wasn't tender--@ $40--not acceptable.
- Midtown OasisStringsriderVIPDined on 2/12/2014Fiorini offers excellent food, served by attentive but not intrusive staff in an attractive low key setting. The tables are spaced nicely so that one can actually have a discussion over lunch or dinner. A perfect, slightly out of the way spot for a business lunch and probably equally viable for a romantic dinner or just a first class dinner with friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Polished, Professional, DeliciousElsasolseatsVIPDined on 2/5/2014Donatella's polished, professional enterprise delivers reliably delicious, no-nonsense Italian cuisine in an atmosphere as quiet and sophisticated as the mature, knowing crowd that comes in for casual dinners, business lunches and family or business events. It's a neighborhood treasure that delivers for a crowd that knows what it wants -- and gets it.Special Features:
- We had an outstanding dinnertag810VIPDined on 1/31/2014We had an outstanding dinner here, the bartender was great and very attentive to the large group that we had. The wait staff did a excellent job attending to every detail . The wine that they recommended was just as good. Nothing about this location was bad !! Outstanding job I will return every time i am in NYC. ThanksSpecial Features:
- Perfect for a romantic weekend!Reba99Dined on 1/31/2014Wonderful dining experience! We had an early dinner before a show. Food was exquisite and service to perfection. Quiet,as it was early, but made it more romantic!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Overall: very good experienceSherylVIPDined on 1/24/2014Overall: very good experience at our first time here. The service was attentive - and patient, since we were catching up with friends we hadn't seen in a long time. Slightly pricey for a 'neighborhood' Italian, but the Salad Bianca was excellent (artichokes, endive, nicely dressed) and chicken with sausage & spinach was generous and tasty. Others had spaghetti with clams, which was also was good.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Polished ProfessionalsElsasolseatsVIPDined on 1/13/2014Always reliable, always hospitable, always delicious. Attracts an older crowd that appreciates civilized, quiet, comfortable quarters, a warm welcome and culinary excellence.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Enjoyed itLocalDined on 12/28/2013Food was great, the location was just off the beaten path enough to keep it quieter so it had a real local feel to it. Would recommend to friends and will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hidden GemGreatFood4EverVIPDined on 12/14/2013Simply outstanding. Our table of 4 loved every minute of our experience. Can't wait to return for more. The dinner specials were a huge hit, the wine was a perfect match, pasta and risottos were from heaven. Even the cappuccinos were created by an expert. The staff care about their clients and have a terrific system that keeps the whole place running smooth. No reason to complain or change a single thing. Just found THE midtown Italian restaurant to refer visitors and locals who haven't found it yet.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delish!!!ZoomzigyDined on 12/13/2013Everything was done with expert care. The food was great. The ambiance was so nice, and just what I needed after a New York day. I felt very taken care of and the food was high qualitySpecial Features:
- A WONDERFUL GEMShellyS38VIPDined on 12/4/2013IN A NEIGHBORHOOD THAT IS FILLED WITH RESTAURANTS FIORIN STANDS OUT. THE MENU, THE FOOD, THE SERVICE WAS OUTSTANDING AS WELL AS THE MODERATE PRICES. GREAT VALUE!! GOING TO MAKE THIS OUR GO TO ITALIAN RESTAURANT. PORTIONS ARE GENEROUS AS WELL AS THE INDIVIDUAL GLASS OF WINE WE SELECTED.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Neighborhood gem is the wordShozgirlVIPDined on 12/4/2013I met an out of town friend and we wanted somewhere we could talk...be heard..,with good authentic Italian reasonably priced. Fiorini fit the bill! We shared a special burratta appetizer, and then each had pasta. For mr liguini con vongele which was perfectly al de te and fresh clams in shell, and for my frie d a parpadelle dish he very much enjoyed. We shared a delicious ricotta cheesecake for dessert. The noise level was perfectly low enough to talk, and our corner window table was perfect. Thank you!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Elegant and deliciousJiniscuteDined on 11/28/2013The food is delectable and served with quiet professionalism. Also, this restaurant is far more roomy than most midtown places. Go.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- gnocchi a little rich withdeliciousVIPDined on 11/23/2013gnocchi a little rich with gorgonzola cheese would give another shotI would recommend this to a friend.
- Intimate ItalianOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 11/16/2013Fiorini is a beautiful Italian Restaurant. Subtle lighting and soft decor makes it very inviting. We were there on the early side which was actually very nice. It was quiet and we had great service. The hostess was warm and welcoming and our server was very attentive. The food and wine were wonderful, we will be going to Fiorini again !Special Features: