7404 W. Madison St.
Forest Park, IL 60130Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.fiorenzaristorante.com/
- Phone: 7083661400
- Hours of Operation:
Tu- Wed-Thu 4-9pm
Sun 1-9pm Monday Closed
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Fiorenza Tasinato
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Beer, Entertainment, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: All of our menu items are available for take out and are also available in half and full pan sizes to accomodate groups of 10 or more.
- Entertainment: Enjoy the live piano stylings of Peter Cuchetto at the baby grand every Friday and Saturday night in our dining room from 6:30-10:30 PM And for the holidays, we will be moving the piano into the bar for "Piano Bar Thursdays" featuring Andrew Blendermann.
- Special Events: Wine tasting Dinners are held bi-monthly beginning January 1st. Watch for details coming soon.
A word from Fiorenza Ristorante
Madison Streets most elegant dining destination featuring authentic Northern Italian cuisine from Chef Fiorenza TasinatoContinued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Fiorenza Ristorante reviews from OpenTable diners
- Very MediocreOpenTable Diner Since 2003Dined on 5/11/2013Food is not very good. We ordered calamari for an appetizer. It was cold and bland. I ordered the breaded lamp chops medium. The breading was burnt and the chops over cooked. There were four very small chops. Only about a bite per chop. The accompanying potatoes and green beans were good. The potatoes were very hot which leads me to believe that were heated in the microwave.
- Beautiful restaurant, so-so foodOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 5/11/2013The restaurant is beautiful, quiet, and romantic, with discreet seating providing privacy. My boyfriend and I enjoyed a lovely white wine and salad. I was disappointed with the white fish, but my boyfriend thought is was very good. My boyfriend thought the veal saltimbocca was too thin and a little chewy. I thought it was all right. We switched entrees and were both satisfied but not wowed. The chocolate lave cake was scrumptious. Make sure to tell the waiter if you need to leave at a certain time because from the time we ordered dessert to the time we received the check, which we had to ask for, 45 minutes elapsed, and we needed to leave to get to the cinema. We will go back again and see if we like the pasta better.Special Features:
- An Underappreciated GemOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 5/3/2013A fairly recent addition to Forest Park's Madison Avenue restaurant/bar scene, Fiorenza features an extensive wine list, a formal atmosphere, and very good food. On a recent Friday night, the restaurant was almost empty. Both my minestrone and my swordfish were quite good, and the tiramisu was perhaps the best I've ever had. Give this deserving place a look!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Uneven first experienceoakparkerDined on 5/2/2013We recently dined at Fiorenza for the first time. There is a front bar and dining area which has a casual ambiance and is well-lit. The formal dining room is very well appointed, but so dimly lit we had to ask for flashlights to see the menu. Our server neglected to tell us they were out an entree until we ready to order. The food was very good. Our bill had overcharges of almost $100 -- a $78 wine ordered by the table next to us and an extra $15 cover charge. During our 3 hour-stay only four tables in the place were occupied. It's not like the server was too busy to generate an accurate bill. They corrected the mistake but didn't offer anything for the error, e.g. "have a drink on us the next time you come."
- Worried about this place.RobAndLauraVIPDined on 4/13/2013Worried about this place. For a Saturday evening, almost no one there. Food was not as good as on previous visits. Very pretty restaurant. Hoping it was just an OFF night.Special Features:
- the steak was so bad and themkeyjVIPDined on 4/6/2013the steak was so bad and the veal was only three pieces and the bill was high! Piano playter was very good and much appreicated.
- Charming authentic Italian diningBarbGDined on 4/5/2013The charming interior made me feel as though I was back in Italy. The delightful piano music added to the ambiance. We had the calamari appetizer and the white fish. Delicious!The owner stopped at our table after we ordered a wine that was not available. He apologized and offered a much more expensive one at the same price. Our very fussy guest also raved about the food.Special Features:
- 99 year old dining experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/2/2013It is always a marvel to dine at FIORENZA! Everything is so excellent, the delectable food, the huge portion , service and the ambiance.Though you live nearby it feels like you are transported in a foreign place where everything is wonderful. Making reservation on line and their taking note of requested details is also remarkable. Attention to details is great.Special Features:
- Easter MissOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 3/31/2013We've had wonderful experiences here in the past, but our Easter lunch was not one of them. Our server was apparently new. He'd disappear for long stretches of time & was apparently flustered by a large party in another room - even though he wasn't their waiter! He had only 3 tables. He was nice & apologetic, yet took 10 mins to get a glass of wine. He took so long that I gave up on desert & left with my daughter to visit family across the street. We came back 15 minutes later & he'd never taken my mom's desert order yet. We had to sit there another 10 minutes for her to get her custard & coffee. Most disturbing is the fact that the gentleman we think is the owner was behind the bar mere feet away & did nothing.Special Features:
- Awesome food! Beautiful restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/16/2013Awesome food! Beautiful restaurant , just need work on the dessert menu it didn't meet the caliber of the food, tried couple desserts not impressed but it still was 5 star for usSpecial Features:
- Sunday lunchOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/3/2013We went for lunch on Sunday when they opened. The bread is baked daily. The salad with arugula, fennel, radicchio, and shaved Parmesan cheese was good but to bitter for me. We split the pasta with mussles, Clams,scallops, shrimp,octopus, and calamari( which was to rubbery for my taste). Melissa was really attentive and helping us choose the right dish. Everything was fesh and home made.Special Features:
- My birthday dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 2/17/2013First at restaurant and loved it. Food was great! Excellent wine list. Would definitely go back again. Great location. Can't wait for summer to sit on patio area!Special Features:
- Great find on MadisonOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/9/2013Creative & delicious food along with a unique wine list makes this a winner! Beautiful space & ambiance with live background music adds to the experience. Best of all, the prices are very reasonable so you can enjoy this restaurant often. This was our second visit, service was great the first time but this waiter was not very attentive and the meal timing was off. Hats off to the chef & Bill on another wonderful meal!Special Features:
- I will be going back for sure!OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 2/2/2013I will be going back for sure! The staff was very friendly and the food was great. It was nice and quiet. I hate when you have to shout to the party you are with. I live close by and will for sure go back. This place is a gem!Special Features:
- Wonderful the minute you walk in...HeatherC78VIPDined on 1/25/2013LOVE!!!!!!!! This was my 1st time there & I absolutely loved it. From the minute we walked in we were greeted by the sweetest host who didn't mind that we were a half hour early. Our server Adolfo was knowledgeable of all of the plates. Then as we were leaving we got a warm good bye from I believe the owner as well as the host again. This place is immediately ranked as 1 of my favorites. It's hard to find such great people in such a great restaurant anymore.It was warm & inviting. Can't wait to go back!!Special Features:
- My family and I have beenOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 1/19/2013My family and I have been to this restaurant several times and each time the staff and chef do a fantastic job. Service is great and the food shows that she cares about what she is serving to the customer. Will of course be returning in the future and recommend to other diners looking for a "fine" dining experience.Special Features:
- Not so nice!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/31/2012When you walk in, it is very charming and mediterranian. Looks upscale. The prices are high and the presentation of the food was very good, however, the pasta we had was undercooked and the braziole was very dry and we did mention this and no one offered us any other option or offered us anything else. They did not leave the cheeze on the table with the oil for the bread and only gave us a little of it on a dish. One cocktail was $17 and tasted watered down. There was a large wait staff but the waiters were sort of neglecting us and not giving us attention. The entertainment was excellent. But I would not recommend this place to eat.Special Features:
- Excellent foodPeripateticDinerVIPDined on 12/31/2012We were there on New Year's Eve, when . There was a live music trio including singer, piano, and guitar. Seated in the next room, the sound was not balanced as the singer was heard loudly but the other two instruments were not. The food was very good, and we had a very good bottle of wine. One of us had lobster bisque and the other had cream of asparagus, both excellent. We shared a salad, which was served to us divided on separate plates, always a welcome touch. One of us had risotto with gorgonzola cheese and shrimp, which was very flavourful. The other had pasta with italian sausage in a tomato cream sauce, delicious. Dessert was two flavours of gelato. Overall, the meal was excellent and the experience very nice.Special Features:
- Most of the Christmas EveOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 12/24/2012Most of the Christmas Eve Seafood Special was overcooked and a salty. Probably won't be returning.
- Great meal during the holidays,KathyVIPDined on 12/23/2012Great meal during the holidays, decorations were beautiful!Special Features:
- Northern italian cooking atOpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 12/12/2012Northern italian cooking at its best. You can taste the passion with which Chef Fiorenza cooks.Special Features:
- This place is more than meetsOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/23/2012This place is more than meets the eye. I found it to be quite pleasant and romantic. The live piano music is excellent definitely going back thereSpecial Features:
- The decor looked enchanting,OpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 10/29/2012The decor looked enchanting, the menu promising, especially since the restaurant does have a gluten-free menu. Service and food, alas, did not match the looks. The food was adequate, but nothing special, and the server was friendly to the point of being annoying, inserting herself in the conversation in an over-the-top manner. This was a disappointment.
- The decor is a bit over theChicago2367VIPDined on 10/21/2012The decor is a bit over the top, but the food was good and service decent. Food was a bit in the pricey side, however the portions were large and easy to take home,
- We tried this spot, but don'tOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 10/5/2012We tried this spot, but don't need to go back. Food was ok. Service was not great. Ambiance was very odd.
- We thoroughly enjoyed virtuallyOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/10/2012We thoroughly enjoyed virtually everything. The outdoor seating is some of the nicest in the FP, OP area, and the indoor seating is equally attractive. Mary, our server, was wonderful and quite funny. She anticipated our needs the entire evening. They have a very good wine list, one of the better ones I've seen in the near-west suburbs. The food was also excellent, beginning with the warm bread and oil through dessert. The grilled squid was cooked perfectly and with a slight bitterness to round it out. The risotto was some of the best I've tasted. Great red snapper, great meats. The only "average" food was the pan-fried salmon - too much breading. Bill, the owner, was also incredibly gracious. We will definitely be back!Special Features:
- The waitress was very energeticOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/11/2012The waitress was very energetic and stayed on top of what her tables needed. The prices were a bit too high. Especially for the drinks. Expect to pay $15.00 for a martini (more of a Chicago city price than suburbs.) The food was traditional to Northern Italy, but there was nothing that made it outstanding. The outdoor seating is phenomenal. It is a relaxing and beautiful environment that makes the diner feel as if they are in Europe and not the outskirts of Chicago.Special Features:
- Happy you are here!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/31/2012Dining in your restaurant is a lovely experience. I have enjoyed lunch twice at Fiorenza Ristorante and found the food, ambiance and service to be excellent. I hope to enjoy an evening dining experience in the near future. Glad you are now part of the neighborhood!Special Features:
- Magnifico!!!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/30/2012This was our first time to the Ristorante. We were there to celebrate my husband birthday. I was able to have roses delivered right to the ristorante. We will make a point of coming again, especially when the piano is being played.Special Features:
- Impeccable service on expertlyOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/27/2012Impeccable service on expertly prepared authentic northern Italian cuisine. This is not your run-of-the-mill cookie cutter Italian joint -- it's definitely a cut above, particularly for the location. Great ambience and tasteful decor complete a wonderful dining experience. The owner personally greeted us and presented a complimentary bottle of wine as a birthday gift for one of our party, which all added up to a perfect evening out!Special Features:
- Great Neighborhood Placedining50sDined on 7/21/2012Had great italian food. The agnolotti was outstanding. Salads were excellent and very tasty. Loved the outdoor dining under the overhang. Could see Madison St at night. Service was very good. Would definitely recommend this for Italian food.Special Features:
- Delicious food, relaxed atmosphere,OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/21/2012Delicious food, relaxed atmosphere, outdoor dining in downtown Forest Park. A great way to spend a Saturday afternoon.Special Features:
- We were very excited to tryOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 7/17/2012We were very excited to try this new restaurant in the area, and overall, we were underwhelmed with the food. It has a nice ambiance and the service was very good, however, the food was really just "okay." Perhaps it is our own bias coming from the NYC metro area where the excellent Italian restaurants can be found in abundance, but we will probably not be coming back to this one.Special Features:
- Great restaurant in ForestOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 7/13/2012Great restaurant in Forest Park. We live in the neighborhood so we came out to support it. Overall, the food is very good. I would recommend it.Special Features:
- The restaurant has a veryOpenTable Diner Since 2003Dined on 7/7/2012The restaurant has a very nice outdoor seating area. The food, however was very hit or miss...with more of the latter.Special Features:
- First time trying this restaurant.OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 6/29/2012First time trying this restaurant. Will return. My pasta -lasagna -was a little more well done than I prefer but that was the only item that I would change. Especially enjoyed being able to talk to our friends in a quiter environment than other restaurants.Special Features:
- Service was slow. Noisy kitchenOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 6/28/2012Service was slow. Noisy kitchen that was quite noticeable and disturbing in the dining area which prevented conversation and enjoyable dining experience. We notified the staff twice but didn't help. Food just ok and a bit pricey. Decor very heavy and dark. Probably wont be a repeat customer.Special Features:
- I want to like this place.NancyPVIPDined on 6/28/2012I want to like this place. The owner seems to want to make people happy, the staff is seasoned and friendly, but the food is just not cutting it...especially for the price. What is coming out of the kitchen NEEDS to be better than it is. The place is designed well, is pleasant and sophisticated, but the food doesn't match the ambiance. I gave it another try after my first time there, when I was initially disappointed, because they were new...and we came back because we love some of the staff, which we know from other restaurants, but the second time was still disappointing in regards to food, and EXPENSIVE. Sorry guys...you need to step it up, or people won't pay for mediocrity. Please help me to like you and come back!Special Features:
- Unfortunately, the best thingRocks81Dined on 6/23/2012Unfortunately, the best thing we ate was the bread and the salad. I had a chicken stuffed pasta- the chicken was ground and mixed with a dry cheese. It gave a mealy, dry texture. My friend had the rigatoni that was just shy of being under cooked. I like al dente normally, but this was almost still hard. The wait staff was unfamiliar with wine or opening/ tasting traditions, asking each person after bringing the bottle if they want to try it. They were also out of 4 of 6 Pinots they had on the wine list - on a Saturday night at 6:15pm. By the ambiance - it had SO much potential!!!Special Features:
- Bad food, good ambianceOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 6/22/2012This is the worst meal I've had in a long time. The restaurant has a lot going for it, just not the food, at least not on the night I went.Special Features: