2901 N Ashland
Chicago, IL 60657Neighborhood:
Lakeview / East Lakeview
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.fiorentinoscucina.com/
- Phone: (773) 244-3026
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Thursday 5 P.M.- 10 P.M.
Friday - Saturday 5 P.M. - 11 P.M.
Sunday - 5 P.M. - 9 P.M.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian, Comfort Food
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Beer, Delivery, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Bridal shower, birthday celebration or rehearsal dinner, Fiorentino's is the perfect venue for your special event.
Our year-round garden piazza is a one-of-a-kind setting sure to impress and make your occasion unforgettable.
Let our party planner customize a menu for a memorable experience.
- Private Party Contact: Frances and Steven Fiorentino 8776251748
- Special Events: MONDAYS
Half-Priced Bottles of Wine
Half-Priced Piatinni (Italian “Tapas Style” Appetizers)
WEDNESDAYS 25% off for Hospitality Industry employees (must show recent pay stub or business card)
- Cross Street: George
- Public Transit: #9 bus drops you off right in front. Or, take the Brown Line to Diversey, and transfer to the #76 bus and exit at Ashland Ave.
- Parking: Private Lot
- Parking Details: FREE PARKING AVAILABLE on the north side of the restaurant in the lot in front of the paint store.
A word from Fiorentino's
At Fiorentino’s, we pride ourselves on the authenticity of our dishes. Come and experience the true flavors of Italy. Rustic soups, house made pastas, flavorful sauces and seasonal recipes. Enjoy our selection of Italian wines from small but distinguished wineries. We look forward to serving you, and offering you a unique and memorable dining experience.Continued
See you soon!
See you soon!
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Fiorentino's reviews from OpenTable diners
76 reviews since July 27, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (60)romantic (33)great for outdoor dining (26)fit for foodies (25)special occasion (24)good for groups (24)kid-friendly (18)notable wine list (9)late-night find (4)hot spot (3)great for brunch (1)great for lunch (1)vibrant bar scene (1)Show More
- Just rightNikEVIPDined on 11/8/2014This neighborhood find was just right. I dined with my 101 year old uncle, his wife and caregiver. The management was more than accommodating about finding a table which was out of the way. The server was patient and helpful. The food was perfectly prepared traditional Italian. And, unlike so many establishments these days, we could actually hear each other in a normal conversational tone. Kudos to all concerned. I only wish it were in MY neighborhood; if it were, it would certainly be my "go to" casual dining spot.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing Gluten Free OptionsLookingForGlutenFreeDined on 10/25/2014Fiorentino's offers a good variety of on site homemade gluten free options including Gnocchi and Ravioli which is very hard to find. I am from Indianapolis and would make the trip just to eat here. The food was excellent and so was the service and atmosphere.Special Features:
- Local FareWeddingReceptionVIPDined on 10/23/2014Excellent little Italian restaurant on Ashland with easy parking. Menu very good, food fresh and tasty. Overall service was excellent. Very pleasant, enjoyable, reasonable pricing- we will definitely be back as 'regulars'.Special Features:
- Cozy little gem on a busy streetUsed2baserverDined on 10/18/2014This little gem is on a busy section of Ashland ave, parking wasn't a probem. There's a small bar toward the back where I waited for my date. Bar service was fast & friendly. Once seated, service was very good. We started with an outstanding butternut squash soup, it was rich, flavorful, great texture. The menu is thoughtful updated classic Italian, I had a Bolognese with wide pasta, the sauce was very flavorful, my date had the gnocchi which was perfectly prepared, light & fluffy. This is a great place for a romantic date, or dinner with friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great PatioKMcGDined on 10/12/2014We have been to Fiorintinos for many occassions, quiet dinner and group settings. They have a great closed in patio that is Chicago Friendly and has a romantic feel with tea lights, heat lamps and flowers. The food is great and portions are perfect in size.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Italian comfort foodblg320Dined on 10/10/2014This is a cute little Italian place. The food is great but the service not so much. Everyone is very friendly but our waitress was in a zone all her own. I would recommend this place for the food and I hope you get a more attentive waitress. Also the wine list is limited.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Neighborhood Italiantb1954Dined on 10/4/2014Fiorentino's is a nice little neighborhood spot, divided into 2 cozy rooms, one that is open air in the warmer months. The menu isn't adventurous but everything is fresh and well done. All pastas and sauces are from scratch. Manicotti was chock full of ricotta and there was rock shrimp in every bite of my risotto. Grest place for a quiet romantic dinner or a small group. The food is absolutely authentic.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food and Service!neighborVIPDined on 10/3/2014As always, great food and great service. One of our favorite Chicago restaurants. I only order tortellini here. Wine was excellent.Special Features:
- Great Ambiance, Okay FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/29/2014I picked this place solely for it's environment. The food was fine enough, but it wasn't anything that I would write home about. The ambiance was fantastic though. The covered patio has great string lighting all over the place with plenty of plant decor. Very romantic and warm feel to it. I love it for that.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- just okdoubleDDined on 9/29/2014was excited to try because the patio was so beautiful and it looked like a family neighborhood gem. had the portabella mushroom ravioli, which had a overpowering sauce that looked like brown gravy. my kids had chicken parmesan and the marinara sauce had little to no flavor, tasted like it came from the can. my husband had zuppe de mar which he loves, the fish was a bit chewy and smelly. the deserts and meatballs were good as well as the kale caesar salad, however that's not enough to go back. The waitress was sweet but overwhelmed and didn't really give any distinctive recommendations other than "she liked seafood".Special Features:
- great food in the hoodRemyVIPDined on 9/29/2014Just a great neighborhood place with magical cusine.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- fabulousOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/27/2014It w as s a wonderful evening There were 9 of us and everyone truly enjoyed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- deliciousbuckeyegirlVIPDined on 9/26/2014Awesome meatballs. Delicious beet salad. Great fruit di mare.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Italian!goodfoodomnivoreVIPDined on 9/26/2014We liked our meal overall. The seafood appetizer was excellent and the pasta-orriechetti(sp) with sausage-was also first rate. The short ribs were very nice-slow cooked, lean and flavorful. The fried calamari, veal and salmon were OK-nothing special but respectable. The key lime pie was delicious and the tirsmisu was bigger and less alcoholic flavored than most. The dark Italian beer was a fun discovery.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Neighborhood SpotincognitoDined on 9/21/2014This is a very high quality neighborhood restaurant in terms of food, ambiance and service. The big treat is the semi-outdoor annex with beautiful flowers and other greenery. The food and service were excellent and the price, although not cheap, is an overall good value. Generally available free parking provides added value.Special Features:
- The Owners are my friends and ...BaghereseDined on 9/19/2014... I never worry that my friends will embarrass me when I bring guests who have never dined there before. In fact, people I bring with me always thank me for introducing them to Fiorentino's. The food is fresh, the cuisine authentic and the service always professional. The covered garden dining area is away from the kitchen so the only sounds you hear are the clinking of wine glasses as people toast something or other or "oohs" and "aahs" as they savor an appetizer or entree. Go and clink glasses and ooh and aah yourself.Special Features:
- Great place and great service!ItaliandinerDined on 9/12/2014Although we arrived an hour late for our reservations we were greeted gleefully and seated immediately. Our waitress was knowledgeable of the menu and the offerings as well as the preparations. The food was delicious. As an Italian, I cN vouch for the authenticity of the food. We will definitely return and will recommend Fiorentino's to our friendsSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- CoacDined on 8/30/2014We both were very happy with our meals. Service was also very good. I would definitely recommend this restaurant to anyone in the area. Well Done!Special Features:
- Authentic Italian done rightDiner81Dined on 8/23/2014We were highly recommended Fiorentino's by a server at another restaurant on our recent trip to Chicago. The food was excellent and cooked well sadly our server showed little care with explaining the food or making us feel welcome. Listening to other servers it seems that our server did not represent the majority of the staff and this wouldn't prevent us from recommending this to others.Special Features:
- Excellent food but expensiveJT96VIPDined on 8/20/2014The food is always very good but not cheap. We are always surprised on how much we end up spending. Will return though but definitely a special occasion place. Our 9 and 6 yr old love it too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 8/8/2014Our first visit to Fiorentino's & it was terrific. Good menu choices with excellent flavors to the food. Server was very knowledable and helpful. Great neighborhood find.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good menuleepontonDined on 8/2/2014Fiorentinos has a broad selection of our favorite Italian dishes, plus some interesting variations. The Spaghetti Vesuvio was very good. Huge portion. Veal piccata was perfect. What's odd is the fully-enclosed "outdoor" patio. We were lucky it was only 72 outside. Any warmer and that patio would be like a greenhouse on a hot day. You should opt to eat inside.I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 401 reviews are from the Fiorentino's reviews archive.
- great covered patiobuckeyegirlVIPDined on 7/25/2014Ricotta gnocchi delicious. Arancini yummy. Very crowdedSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great foodOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/18/2014The food was excellent. Our waitress was funny, friendly and fantastic. It was a fun start to a Friday night for our group of 6!
- Charming atmosphere!NanaDined on 7/14/2014Lovely place, great service and very charmimg however, menu is a bit limited for basic italian food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food is fantastic. Service was poorSeanVIPDined on 7/13/2014Frutti di mare was spot on. Kale Caesar was a nice twist on the classic. Service was poor. No follow up to see if the meal was acceptable. Fortunately, food was terrificSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good but overpricedlizardkingDined on 7/12/2014Food was good but overpriced. Menu not all that creative. Gnocci was awesome. Wait staff seemed to be highly stressed - lots of bickering and sour looks.
- Always superbLandSVIPDined on 7/6/2014We took two of our good friends to dinner Sunday night and had a wonderful dining experience. Great food, great drinks, wonderful garden setting, moderate to low noise level so conversation could be heard. Even though dinners at $$, they are well worth it. Never disappointed at selection or quality.Special Features:
- Sicilian cookingMaamDined on 7/5/2014Never written a review before but this restaurant deserves my time for its Sicilian cooking.We were 8 meals but the standout was the Penne Siciliana which is penne pasta with eggplant in a marinara sauce.The taste of Italian marinara is very regional, some acidic or tart & some sweet, this sauce brought me back to my grandmother's kitchen.The sauce was SMOOTH with a delightful sweet taste on the tongue.Every bite made you say this is how grandma's tasted.If you don't like a sweet sauce this is not for you but for those who grew up with it don't miss this.Another speciality was the Arancini, Rice balls can get heavy and pasty these were light and moist another don't miss! Grilled octopus, great lamb chops other pasta no complaints Thumbs up!Special Features:
- always a treatgirlsnightDined on 6/28/2014Fiorentino's never disappoints, their specials are amazing and they could even accommodate one of our party with food allergies. The stuffed gnocchi is the best!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great in the rainRemyVIPDined on 6/21/2014We were hit by a huge storm and this place still rocks..! Everything was wonderful as always!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loved Fiorentinosvts5910Dined on 6/20/2014We have visited this restaurant twice now. Ambience is great, food is very good and reasonable. Service is always good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great findAvgJoeDined on 6/17/2014i have lived in the area two years and only driven by the place. biggest mistake. this place is a gem. food is good, service is impeccable, prices could be better but what can you expect in the area.Special Features:
- It's a favorite in our family!KrugFamilyDined on 6/15/2014The food is ALWAYS good. The staff is great and the ambiance is welcoming. We go to Fiorentino's for almost all our special gatherings. Our son moved to the neighborhood 7 years ago and decided to try it out and we have all been going since.Special Features:
- Special place!CarlyVIPDined on 6/7/2014I've been coming to Fiorentino's for a couple years now, and again and again I am reminded of how special of a place it is. I dined there on Saturday evening with my boyfriend's family, during their 8th anniversary special. The place was full of big groups enjoying the beautiful patio ambience! This time around, we shared the bruschetta and mussels to start -- both fantastic. And for an entree, I had the special grouper -- my favorite entree thus far at Fiorentino's. I'd recommend this place to anyone!Special Features:
- Felt neglectedcalgalDined on 6/7/2014Unfortunately we did not have the greatest service. Our waiter kept telling us he would be back in a minute, which in reality was 20 minutes every time. At one point he even said that he was "really busy with another big table in another room". Hey buddy, I don't care, we are here to enjoy ourselves for a great dinner too. Food was good - nothing remarkable. In my opinion service is everything and will even make up for mediocre food and this place just missed the bar.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 6/7/2014We celebrated my husband's birthday with our daughter, son-in-law and their 9 month old son. Fiorentino's provided excellent service and the food was delicious. We have eaten there before and it has become our favorite restaurant to eat at when we are visiting our daughter in Chicago.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Place!Luv2eatDined on 5/31/2014Went to Fiorentino's to celebrate a birthday. Food was great! Everyone in our group had fish - either salmon or the sea bass special. The Caesar salad was also very good with a unique homemade dressing. Will definitely be returning.Special Features:
- IzzyDined on 5/31/2014Good solid Italian food with lots of choices. Preferred old menu to the new one they are now using.Special Features:
- Great outdoor patioOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 5/24/2014I recall enjoying the food more years ago. The food was good, but the prices were high for sub-par food. The ambiance is excellent and the service is great. I just wish the food was as good as it use to be.Special Features: