2901 N Ashland
Chicago, IL 60657Neighborhood:
Lakeview / East Lakeview
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.fiorentinoscucina.com/
- Phone: 7732443026x
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Thursday 5 P.M.- 10 P.M.
Friday - Saturday 5 P.M. - 11 P.M.
Sunday - 5 P.M. - 9 P.M.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian, Comfort Food
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Beer, Delivery, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Bridal shower, birthday celebration or rehearsal dinner, Fiorentino's is the perfect venue for your special event.
Our year-round garden piazza is a one-of-a-kind setting sure to impress and make your occasion unforgettable.
Let our party planner customize a menu for a memorable experience.
- Private Party Contact: Frances and Steven Fiorentino 8776251748
- Special Events: MONDAYS
Half-Priced Bottles of Wine
Half-Priced Piatinni (Italian “Tapas Style” Appetizers)
WEDNESDAYS 25% off for Hospitality Industry employees (must show recent pay stub or business card)
- Cross Street: George
- Public Transit: #9 bus drops you off right in front. Or, take the Brown Line to Diversey, and transfer to the #76 bus and exit at Ashland Ave.
- Parking: Private Lot
- Parking Details: FREE PARKING AVAILABLE on the north side of the restaurant in the lot in front of the paint store.
A word from Fiorentino's
At Fiorentino’s, we pride ourselves on the authenticity of our dishes. Come and experience the true flavors of Italy. Rustic soups, house made pastas, flavorful sauces and seasonal recipes. Enjoy our selection of Italian wines from small but distinguished wineries. We look forward to serving you, and offering you a unique and memorable dining experience.Continued
See you soon!
See you soon!
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerNeighborhood Gem
Fiorentino's - Best Restaurants in Lakeview / East Lakeview ›
Fiorentino's reviews from OpenTable diners
86 reviews since May 5, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (71)romantic (38)great for outdoor dining (36)special occasion (33)good for groups (22)fit for foodies (21)kid-friendly (17)notable wine list (9)scenic view (3)hot spot (2)late-night find (2)great for lunch (1)Show More
- CoacDined on 8/30/2014We both were very happy with our meals. Service was also very good. I would definitely recommend this restaurant to anyone in the area. Well Done!Special Features:
- Authentic Italian done rightDiner81Dined on 8/23/2014We were highly recommended Fiorentino's by a server at another restaurant on our recent trip to Chicago. The food was excellent and cooked well sadly our server showed little care with explaining the food or making us feel welcome. Listening to other servers it seems that our server did not represent the majority of the staff and this wouldn't prevent us from recommending this to others.Special Features:
- Excellent food but expensiveJT96VIPDined on 8/20/2014The food is always very good but not cheap. We are always surprised on how much we end up spending. Will return though but definitely a special occasion place. Our 9 and 6 yr old love it too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 8/8/2014Our first visit to Fiorentino's & it was terrific. Good menu choices with excellent flavors to the food. Server was very knowledable and helpful. Great neighborhood find.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good menuleepontonDined on 8/2/2014Fiorentinos has a broad selection of our favorite Italian dishes, plus some interesting variations. The Spaghetti Vesuvio was very good. Huge portion. Veal piccata was perfect. What's odd is the fully-enclosed "outdoor" patio. We were lucky it was only 72 outside. Any warmer and that patio would be like a greenhouse on a hot day. You should opt to eat inside.I would recommend this to a friend.
- great covered patiobuckeyegirlVIPDined on 7/25/2014Ricotta gnocchi delicious. Arancini yummy. Very crowdedSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great foodOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/18/2014The food was excellent. Our waitress was funny, friendly and fantastic. It was a fun start to a Friday night for our group of 6!
- Charming atmosphere!NanaDined on 7/14/2014Lovely place, great service and very charmimg however, menu is a bit limited for basic italian food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food is fantastic. Service was poorSeanVIPDined on 7/13/2014Frutti di mare was spot on. Kale Caesar was a nice twist on the classic. Service was poor. No follow up to see if the meal was acceptable. Fortunately, food was terrificSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good but overpricedlizardkingDined on 7/12/2014Food was good but overpriced. Menu not all that creative. Gnocci was awesome. Wait staff seemed to be highly stressed - lots of bickering and sour looks.
- Always superbLandSVIPDined on 7/6/2014We took two of our good friends to dinner Sunday night and had a wonderful dining experience. Great food, great drinks, wonderful garden setting, moderate to low noise level so conversation could be heard. Even though dinners at $$, they are well worth it. Never disappointed at selection or quality.Special Features:
- Sicilian cookingMaamDined on 7/5/2014Never written a review before but this restaurant deserves my time for its Sicilian cooking.We were 8 meals but the standout was the Penne Siciliana which is penne pasta with eggplant in a marinara sauce.The taste of Italian marinara is very regional, some acidic or tart & some sweet, this sauce brought me back to my grandmother's kitchen.The sauce was SMOOTH with a delightful sweet taste on the tongue.Every bite made you say this is how grandma's tasted.If you don't like a sweet sauce this is not for you but for those who grew up with it don't miss this.Another speciality was the Arancini, Rice balls can get heavy and pasty these were light and moist another don't miss! Grilled octopus, great lamb chops other pasta no complaints Thumbs up!Special Features:
- always a treatgirlsnightDined on 6/28/2014Fiorentino's never disappoints, their specials are amazing and they could even accommodate one of our party with food allergies. The stuffed gnocchi is the best!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great in the rainRemyVIPDined on 6/21/2014We were hit by a huge storm and this place still rocks..! Everything was wonderful as always!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loved Fiorentinosvts5910Dined on 6/20/2014We have visited this restaurant twice now. Ambience is great, food is very good and reasonable. Service is always good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great findAvgJoeDined on 6/17/2014i have lived in the area two years and only driven by the place. biggest mistake. this place is a gem. food is good, service is impeccable, prices could be better but what can you expect in the area.Special Features:
- It's a favorite in our family!KrugFamilyDined on 6/15/2014The food is ALWAYS good. The staff is great and the ambiance is welcoming. We go to Fiorentino's for almost all our special gatherings. Our son moved to the neighborhood 7 years ago and decided to try it out and we have all been going since.Special Features:
- Special place!CarlyVIPDined on 6/7/2014I've been coming to Fiorentino's for a couple years now, and again and again I am reminded of how special of a place it is. I dined there on Saturday evening with my boyfriend's family, during their 8th anniversary special. The place was full of big groups enjoying the beautiful patio ambience! This time around, we shared the bruschetta and mussels to start -- both fantastic. And for an entree, I had the special grouper -- my favorite entree thus far at Fiorentino's. I'd recommend this place to anyone!Special Features:
- Felt neglectedcalgalDined on 6/7/2014Unfortunately we did not have the greatest service. Our waiter kept telling us he would be back in a minute, which in reality was 20 minutes every time. At one point he even said that he was "really busy with another big table in another room". Hey buddy, I don't care, we are here to enjoy ourselves for a great dinner too. Food was good - nothing remarkable. In my opinion service is everything and will even make up for mediocre food and this place just missed the bar.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 6/7/2014We celebrated my husband's birthday with our daughter, son-in-law and their 9 month old son. Fiorentino's provided excellent service and the food was delicious. We have eaten there before and it has become our favorite restaurant to eat at when we are visiting our daughter in Chicago.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Place!Luv2eatDined on 5/31/2014Went to Fiorentino's to celebrate a birthday. Food was great! Everyone in our group had fish - either salmon or the sea bass special. The Caesar salad was also very good with a unique homemade dressing. Will definitely be returning.Special Features:
- IzzyDined on 5/31/2014Good solid Italian food with lots of choices. Preferred old menu to the new one they are now using.Special Features:
- Great outdoor patioOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 5/24/2014I recall enjoying the food more years ago. The food was good, but the prices were high for sub-par food. The ambiance is excellent and the service is great. I just wish the food was as good as it use to be.Special Features:
- Secret GardenOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/24/2014What a pleasant surprise to enter this beautiful restaurant! The food was wonderful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food was fantastic, but...jnshimkoDined on 5/18/2014...the service was a little lacking. This was our second juant to Fiorentino's and we chose it this time specifically because of the great time we had previously. However, it seems the waiter had a hard time discerning from when the table wants to take things slow and enjoy our meal as an experience and when the table wants basic service. He attended to the table diligently at first, but when he realized we weren't going to order everything at once and that we were going to pace ourselves, it seemed we had to hunt him down, literally, when we were ready for the next phase. It's not hard, really, to see when a table is ready for the next step or even needing something, especially when the credit card is on the table in plain view.Special Features:
- Great Food/Some Service IssuesOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 5/17/2014We arrived on time for our reservation,our table was available, but we had to wait 20 minutes so they could make our 2-seat table a 4-seat table (why for 2 people). My friend complained, the manager offered us free drinks (neither of us drink). We ordered our food, the server had ordered the wrong thing for my friend. When they brought out the correct thing, it was breaded, and my friend (and I) has a gluten allergy that we discussed in GREAT detail with the server before ordering. The manager got involved and my friend ordered something else, and they picked up the tab. My meal was great, my friend's was ok (she's never happy anywhere). I thought they handled the situation really well, the server did too, I would definitely go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food, warm atmosphereMarshmanVIPDined on 5/16/2014Fiorentino's is the perfect neighborhood restaurant: The food is consistently excellent, the service is friendly and attentive, and the atmosphere is warm and relaxed. Unlike some restaurants, this is not a museum for food. It's a place where you can come with friends, have a really good, enjoyable meal, drink some very good wine and not spend a fortune. We come here all the time and plan to keep coming back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Memorable Mothers Day DinnercelebrationDined on 5/11/2014We were seated immediately upon our arrival. Our request for 2 high chairs was met. The waitress was friendly and very patient. We placed our order and had to wait quite a while for the food to arrive. I think it's because there were many families due to it being Mothers Day. Once the food arrived, we were very pleased with all of our entrees. We had pastas, fish, chicken, and veal orders at our table. Everyone was very satisfied with the dishes they chose. Fiorentino's has a lovely dining room as well as a beautiful outdoor patio. Each of the mothers at our table also received a $20 gift card for future visits. Nice extra touch.Special Features:
- Great Service & FoodkellikelupDined on 5/9/2014Our Opentable reservation hit a snafu, but Fiorentino's was great and accommodated our party of 6 ASAP in the outdoor seating area. The food was delicious, and our party was very pleased with everything! We will definitely be back!Special Features:
- Good placeOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 5/9/2014My wife and I have been here several times. The food is yummy, we will definitely be going back!I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 376 reviews are from the Fiorentino's reviews archive.
- Warm and friendlyBlueVintonDined on 5/3/2014This is a neighborhood restaurant that is accommodating on many levels. It's very family friendly, as we saw parents with their little children. It's also gluten-free friendly, as they have a special menu available. The service was attentive and helpful. The food was generous, simple and tasty. I particularly enjoyed the outdoor patio area. We will be back.Special Features:
- Great neighborhood restaurantfoodieloveDined on 5/1/2014Love this place….the Mirabella pasta dish is outstanding.Special Features:
- very niceSteffanieStylesDined on 4/28/2014The whole place was very nice with candles and place settings. Not to mention the staff was helpful and friendly. The food was devine with much left over to take home. I have already recommended it to several friends and coworkers.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fab foodvixenDined on 4/26/2014Been here many times and food is always good. The service is friendly and knows their stuff. Love the outdoor dining area. Good even when cold out!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- very good foodBigSamVIPDined on 4/26/2014The octupus/ squid salad and sea bass were noteworthy. Classic Sicilian and Italian dishes very nicely prepared.Special Features:
- Awesome DinnerKevinBDined on 4/26/2014Took my gal there for her birthday after MAss at St. Alphonsus 2 blocks away. Stunningly beautiful Church. Stunningly delicions meal. Great combo. We normallly order a meal and a dessert and share. For this dinner we went wild. For dessert, strongly recommend the lemon cheescake, along with something chocolaty. I had Filet Italiano - delish!. She had an Italian Screwdriver. HEY WATCH IT! A great night we will repeat again soon!!!Special Features:
- Great spot, awesome atmosphere!!Katrinka713Dined on 4/12/2014Started the meal w/some warm crusty bread, oil and cheese. The soda tasted a little funky so I sent that back but from there on, our meal was awesome. Shared an app of Arancini packed with cheese, rice, peas and meat. My only complaint was wish it would have been served with a spoon to spoon the marinara sauce on top of it. I ordered the Pollo Capri with a side of paste and LOVED it. My husband ate every bite of his Italian sausage, brocollini and potatoes and enjoyed it thoroughly. They cut the sausage long ways and grilled it nicely. The potatoes looked perfect. I didn't snag a bite because it wasn't the largest meal in the world and he was hungry so I didn't ask. Overall a great experience. Check out Yelp check in offer for free dessert!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Place for Dinner For TwoDavidRVIPDined on 3/31/2014I went there for my friends birthday. Enjoyed a delicious meal. The wait staff was attentive. They have an enclosed patio section which makes you feel like you are in Italy. The overhead music is really nice. The only thing I wish they had there was, they did nothing special for my fiends birthday. They said if I bought a dessert they would put a candle in it, which did not make a lot of sense to me. People want to feel special on their birthday. Other than that it was a great night. Highly recommended.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Simply amazing.MikeDined on 3/28/2014This is honestly one of the best restaurants in the city. The atmosphere is perfect, the food is amazing, and the owners are wonderful people. You will NOT be disappointed eating here. Best Italian food I've had.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wait staff was excellent andenjoyeatingVIPDined on 3/25/2014Wait staff was excellent and the food was great as well. We have dinned there in the past and love the black pasta with shrimp. It was excellent!! I highly recommend!I would recommend this to a friend.