Fiorello Ristorante Italiano
943 J Clyde Morris Blvd
Newport News, VA 23601Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
Fiorello Ristorante Italiano
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.fiorelloitaliano.com/
- Phone: 7579521122
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 2:30pm, Sunday: 12:00pm - 3:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Sunday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm; Breakfast: Monday - Saturday: 6:00am - 10:00pm, Sunday: 6:00am - 11:00am
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Ricardo Bacelar
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Entertainment, Fireplace, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Smoking Area (patio only), Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: We offer off-site catering for 200-300 people.
- Private Party Facilities: We have a private room that can accommodate up to 50 people.
- Private Party Contact: Giacomo Bertuglia 7579521122
- Entertainment: We have live music every other Saturday.
A word from Fiorello Ristorante Italiano
When you are in the mood for good times and great cuisine be sure to check out Fiorello Ristorante Italiano. The menu at Fiorello feature a wide array of great selections made from the freshest and highest quality ingredients. Fiorello has established itself as one of the area favorite culinary destinations and is sure to offer you a pleasant and unique dining experience every time you visit. Don’t forget to relax on our outdoor patio with an espresso or cappuccino and enjoy some of our homemade cannoli or tiramisu.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Fiorello Ristorante Italiano reviews from OpenTable diners
- No longer same restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 6/6/2014We made our reservation online about 4 days prior. When we arrived we were told that it was no longer the same restaurant. Menu, staff, name, etc had all changed.
- The Best Italian Restaurant in townKitty803Dined on 5/15/2014My husband and I went to Fiorello on 5-15-14 to celebrate his birthday. It was our first time there and we were not disappointed. The food was fantastic and service was impeccable. Our server Amy was the best. We've tried other Italian restaurants before but this is the best and most authentic so far. My husband is Italian so he is very choosy when it comes to Italian food. He is usually disappointed when we eat at an Italian restaurant but he is very happy with Fiorello. It is a bit pricey but it is worth it. You all need to try this.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not What I expected....OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/11/2014The meal at Fiorello's was just fair. The menu options were ordinary and the presentation of the food was not impressive. The starter salad (one bowl) was inadequate for 6 people, so another was requested. The salad was drenched in dressing and would have much better with less. The quality of the dishes was just ok- the gnocchi was probably the best choice, but the chicken penne and another chicken dish with pasta was only fair at best. Disappointing for a Mother's Day dinner :(
- graduateDined on 5/10/2014Selected restaurant for after graduation meal based on TripAdvisor. Restaurant is very small. People were turned away. Fortunately we had reservations and went early. Overall the food was very tasty and had plenty of it. Though they had a nice selection of pizzas on the menu, they were not serving them that night. Reminded us of a small Italian family restaurant. Desserts seemed to be prepackaged type desserts. Wait staff seemed to be new and not well organized though friendly and trying hard.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The Perfect Choice!LoudounFoodieFamilyDined on 5/9/2014We ate at Fiorello's to celebrate our daughter's graduation from CNU, and it was the perfect choice. Do NOT let its location (inside a Holiday Inn Express) fool you. The food was delicious (just as the other reviews said!), the ambience was lovely (and we could even hear ourselves talk!), and the service could not have been more attentive. We highly recommend the restaurant, and our only regret is that we didn't find it BEFORE she graduated!!!Special Features:
- Amazing service!OpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 5/2/2014Our initial impression upon realizing the restaurant was part of a hotel was mediocre. The fresh food, homemade pasta, and incredible service made this restaurant deserving of it's own 4 walls.
- HarveyDined on 4/29/2014Great Italian Food!!!! Do not miss eating at this restaurant. One of the best in Hampton Roads.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 4/26/2014We have been to Fiorello's many times, especially on special occasions, and we have always been treated to great food and great service. Once I even dropped by early to leave off some balloons and flowers to be set on our table before we arrived. it was done on tme!!!Special Features:
- This is authentic ItalianItalianTravellerDined on 4/12/2014This is authentic Italian cuisine hidden in Newport News. I'm a big veal scaloppini fan, my bride is fond of seafood that is well prepared. The prosciutto, mozzarella and mushrooms with marsala wine in their Vitello Siciliano combined two of my favorite preparations and was a staple off the menu. The tilapia was as my bride prefers in a light whitefish. and offered as a special that day. We will be going back for the osso bucco presently and this restaurant goes on our list of favorites in the area. For travelers who have recently visited the country, comparing experiences and the Italian culture with Sabrina was a delight and brought back many happy memories. Comfortable, relaxed dining that is certain to satisfy. Highly recommended.Special Features:
- Our Local FavoriteBillVIPDined on 4/10/2014Great food and great people. We try to get there at least every other weekSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We have been here many timesPdotVIPDined on 4/5/2014We have been here many times and it offers consistently good food and service.We will return.Special Features:
- Our dinner was so delicious.localguyVIPDined on 3/28/2014Our dinner was so delicious. Our server was from Italy and we enjoyed our conversation with her and she was very knowledgeable about the food and menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Saturday adventureSapphireBlueDined on 3/8/2014My husband and I had never dined at this restaurant and it was our good luck that we chose to try someplace new. Besides delicious nourishing food, a warm and entertaining waitperson, great ambiance, we found long lost friends who enjoyed the restaurant as well. Thank you.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Real GemOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 2/15/2014Never mind the fact that Fiorella's is located in a Holiday Inn---this place is FANTASTIC! We have dined at Fiorello's on numerous occasions and have never been disappointed. The wine list is decent, and several good wines are available by the glass. The servers are attentive and the owner makes a point to stop by your table to inquire about the meal and service. He genuinely appreciates your feedback.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food & Service! Ambience?BeavDined on 2/14/2014We've been wanting to try Fiorello's for some time now after seeing the great reviews on Trip Advisor, so we set up a date for Valentine's Day. I wouldn't call it the most romantic dining experience since despite our reservations, the two of us were placed at a large table for 4. One side of the table had chairs and the other was booth-type seating with a tear in the cushion patched over with duct tape. Other than that though, the food was fantastic and the service from Amy was spectacular! We'll be back, it probably just won't be on Valentine's Day.Special Features:
- Family Get TogetherVsfeb14Dined on 2/13/2014I found Fiorello by googling restaurants on J Clyde. My mom wanted to meet us for dinner and we live in VAB . Needed somewhere she could easily find and for us right off the interstate. Read great reviews. Our server was very friendly, personable, and prompt. Unfortunately forgot her name. Brushetta is some of the best I have ever had! I tried the ravioli special and sauce was so good. Mom had the pasta with vodka sauce and bf had the veal marsala. Told him to try out the marsala because other reviews said the sauce was excellent. He agreed!! I was able to convince my young niece try out the baked ziti. She really enjoyed it! And the endless bread. Overall a great dining experience, easy to find, and very friendly. Thank you!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Another wonderful meal at FiorellosvavikinDined on 1/17/2014Our only concern was that when we arrived, about 1845 for a 1900 reservation on a Friday night, they had no record of it. Was not a problem, because Amy quickly found us a table for two and did an excellent job taking care of us. The restaurant was busy as usual, but the service was quite good. The food was as close as we have found in our area to what we experienced while we lived in Northern Italy for the past 3 years. Absolutely going to make this a regular for our date nights!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Served 33 of us without a problemLaMerDined on 12/7/2013I made a reservation for a large group. Jack, the manager, was very accomodating. He set us up in a private room, nice red tablecloths on the tables, we had two servers who managed us remarkably well. Food was excellent. I highly recommend Fiorello's!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Once again we enjoyed thisPdotVIPDined on 12/5/2013Once again we enjoyed this restaurant. Jack the owner is friendly and attentive. The foo is varied and has always been very tasty.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mangement is cluelessSailor6651VIPDined on 11/27/2013Buyer Beware: There is a $5.99 'SHARE' fee added to your bill if the number of guests is more than the number of entrées ordered. The manager seemed to prefer his $5.99 over receiving repeat business and good reviews. The food itself was very good and the service was attentive (but failed to mention the fee) but I cannot recommend a restaurant that extorts money from their customers in this manner.
- Great Experience!BeavDined on 11/23/2013Made reservations for a party of 16 for a special occasion. Fiorello's put us in a private dining room and provided 2 dedicated servers who did an outstanding job -- extremely attentive! Topping off the evening, the food was delicious! No complaints at all, we'll be back, and Fiorello's will be at the top of our list in the future for any special occasion.Special Features:
- Very nice Italian restaurantvabutterflyDined on 11/17/2013This was the 3rd visit for our family of 4 (all adults). We were all very pleased with our meal, starting with a good green salad tossed with a tart vinagrette and served family style. The garlicky, buttery rolls were yummy as well. One daughter rated her Penne Rustica a 10! I tried the Mellezane con Ripieno (eggplant layered with spinach and mozzarella), which was similar to eggplant parmigiano. I liked that it wasn't over-saturated with marinara sauce. I think there was some ricotta cheese as well, which was good - but I would've preferred less ricotta, more mozzarella. We all had hearty servings - with enough left-over for a take-home meal. Very delicious food! We shall return!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- solid Italian restaurantBobFromOhioVIPDined on 11/13/2013Fiorello Ristorante Italiano was one of my choices on a recent trip to Hampton VA, and although it's a hotel restaurant (Holiday Inn) I was not disappointed. I started my meal with an excellent antipasti sampler that included meats, cheese, artichokes, and grilled red pepper -- large for one person but perfect for two. My main course was Gnocchi Al Salmone -- gnocchi with salmon in a tomato cream sauce -- rich and well-prepared. Before the appetizer, I had some wonderful garlic rolls, and after it as well I must admit, all complemented with a very nice Italian pinot grigio. Don't be put off by a "hotel restaurant" -- this is very good Italian restaurant. Moreover, they take reservations on OpenTable, which is always a plus!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Great Night!!!Mytus031Dined on 11/9/2013This is a great little restaurant! We were seated promptly; our table was 'reserved' as if we were VIP. The food, service and the ambiance was just outstanding! This was some of the best Italian food I've had...the garlic rolls are out of this world! PERFECTO!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- exceeded expectationspaulnDined on 11/8/2013I booked this restaurant strictly due to on-line reviews. It is well thought of despite being located in a Holiday Inn. It is worth every effort to find and is a must for great old country Italian. Jack, the owner could not have been more personable and made sure our every want was supplied. This is simply an excellent restaurant, priced well and accommodating. The menu will force you to decide between numerous appealing selections. The pasta was perfectly "al dente" and the portions are large. Good value in everything we ordered. Don't miss it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- As usual, Fiorellos was veryPdotVIPDined on 11/3/2013As usual, Fiorellos was very good. Good food good service.Special Features:
- The food & service is always GREAThamproadsfoodieVIPDined on 10/26/2013We had a birthday party here, with 2 babies in tow. The only hiccup on the night was that we had made reservations days in advance, but spent about 30 minutes waiting for our table. Once we got seated, the service was incredible and the food absolutely delicious. Our out of town guests said they would be asking to come back next time they visit.Special Features:
- You will returnluvfoodDined on 10/25/2013Small but comfortable upscale italian restaurant. The salad with their house dressing was outstanding. Fresh, fresh. Italian rolls were not greasy, cooked to perfection. We had the specials and one off the menu. All the dinners were fresh, flavorful not loaded with garlic or greasy. Just right. Enjoyed our first visit and plan to return. Do not recommend taking children under 10.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- An excellent dining experiencePeanutDined on 10/17/2013Setting is casual and comfortable and quiet. Service is excellent. Food is outstanding and well-prepared and plentiful. Owner is very attentive and personable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great local Italian restaurantluv2dineDined on 10/11/2013The food is quite good and they are usually flexible with the menu if you request simple alternatives. We always enjoy the slow pace of this restaurant where we have time to relax and chat as we dine. There is a fair selection of Italian wines in the inexpensive to good range. We hope they add higher quality selections in time in the $50-$75 range. If you want high end and quick table service the pace of this restaurant might not suit you. The staff is very friendly but don't have a great range of wine knowledge nor refined service. You will feel welcomed as if into their home here.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice eveningLocalVIPDined on 10/11/2013We heard and saw great reviews and decided to give it a try. We were not disappointed. We had made a reservation... Good thing, it became crowded quickly and it's a small-moderately sized restaurant. Lasagna was very good and the piece was HUGE! Definitely good for two meals. Lime cilantro dressing for salad was yummy!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I am always greeted by namePdotVIPDined on 10/2/2013I am always greeted by name here, as is my brother and wife as well. The food is well prepared and delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Don't Judge a Book By Its CoverKFoxVIPDined on 9/7/2013It may be located in a Holiday Inn, which doesn't typically equate with excellent food, but the Italian fare here was outstanding and reasonably priced.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Surprise findMimiDined on 9/4/2013Who would think of excellent Italian food in a Holiday Inn! Delicious !Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love this restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/15/2013This is my favorite restaurant, the food is prepared fresh and is delicious, wonderful bread knots with dipping sauce that is to die for. Jack, the proprietor, is a very nice and accommodating man. The atmosphere is very good. All in all ,great. just give it a try.Special Features:
- A delightful discoveryGbrownDined on 8/9/2013We had eleven family members arriving at the Holiday Inn and Suites for the week-end and decided to eat at the attached restaurant for convenience. Typically hotel restaurants are disappointing providing only average food and poor service at inflated prices. Fiorello's, however, was fantastic! The salads were fresh and delicious and the main courses were superb Italian dishes. The staff was welcoming, patient, and efficient considering the size of our party. It was a delightful discovery!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Italian Food on the PeninsulaOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/24/2013Fiorello has become our favorite Italian food in this area by a long shot. The food is absolutely to die for and they have wine/food pairings every few months that are wonderful. Authentic Italian food for a reasonable price in a setting that is perfect. We are so fortunate to have this gem close to home.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always outstanding!LHOASTERDined on 7/20/2013We love our little Italian gem in Newport News!! Linda PiazzaSpecial Features:
- AnniversaryIrishblueeyesDined on 7/14/2013My husband and I celebrated our anniversary here. It was a quiet and candle lighted dinner. They also wished us a happy anniversary and brought over a couple complimentary glasses of champagne. The food was delicious. We would eat here again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great RestaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/28/2013Just love this restaurant, the food is sooooo good , great ambiance . everyone there is so nice and accomadating, Give it a try whether for a qiet dinne, a birthday celebration, wedding anniversary, whatever the occasion you will surely be pleased, My gurantee to you.Special Features: