Fiorella Italian Kitchen
152 National Plaza
Fort Washington, MD 20745Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
Fiorella Italian Kitchen
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.fiorellapizzeria.com/
- Phone: 3018391811x
- Hours of Operation:
Monday – Thursday: 11:30am – 10:00pm, Friday: 11:30am – 11:00pm, Saturday: 11:00am – 11:00pm, Sunday: 11:00am – 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
A word from Fiorella Italian Kitchen
Fiorella's appeal lies in our delicious food, natural warmth and effortless Italian charm. During spring and summer, the outdoor dining area creates a delightful al fresco experience; in the winter, the restaurant is a cozy retreat. And all year long we have wonderful views of the Potomac!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Fiorella Italian Kitchen reviews from OpenTable diners
46 reviews since June 2, 2014
- Ambiance2.8Noise LevelEnergetic
scenic view (15)great for outdoor dining (11)kid-friendly (8)good for groups (8)fit for foodies (4)great for lunch (4)neighborhood gem (4)hot spot (2)special occasion (1)romantic (1)Show More
- LoveRTCVIPDined on 9/20/2014This was the worst restaurant meal that we've had in a very long time...and we eat out approx. 3-4 nights a week. Our appetizer was cold, so we sent it back and the second was no better. The entrees were also just not very good....Service was so so. It is also very loud to the point that it is difficult to carry on a conversation...also the tables are too large, again difficult to make conversation . I would not recommend this restaurant
- A pleasant surpriseCrownsvilleDinerDined on 9/6/2014Menu was limited, but what was offered was fantastic. Especially enjoyed the surprise of fried jalapenos in the calamari. The open-faced lasagna was big, and looked almost like pizza. It featured big juicy-but-not-dense meatballs and fennel-laced sausage. It was pretty noisy on a busy Saturday night.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pretty goodbam28Dined on 9/4/2014I enjoyed my appetizer and dessert more so than my main course. I ordered a prosciutto clazone and it came with what I'm pretty sure was Oscar Meyer game so that was disappointing.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Italian FoodMikeBDined on 9/3/2014Found Fiorella's walking around the National Harbor. It looked and smelled good so we went in. Nice space, large brick oven off the bar, and the aromas were terrific. Ordered their Caprese salad, tomatoes were at the peak of freshness, and they used Burrata, a creamier version of Mozzarella cheese. Delicious. The open faced lasagna, their signature dish, looks nothing like your grandmother's lasagna, but it tastes as good or better. A trip to the brick oven makes some of the noodles crunchy, just likethe edges of the pieces you would get from the pan. I will be back.Special Features:
- A disappointmentoccasdinerDined on 8/30/2014Fiorella Italian Kitchen was a disappointment, very noisy, the waiter had to be reminded to bring bread and did not know the price of the catch of the day. Pizza was more than one person could eat, but not remarkable in quality. The baked-in seafood pasta turned out to be spagetti in red sauce with shrimp, squid and mussels still in the shells in a casserole dish sealed by overcooked (burnt) pizza crust. Not on the water as advertised. The bread was good.
- Never againKurlyDined on 8/23/2014If you go to an event at the National Harbor, don't plan on a meal at Fiorella Italian Kitchen. The restaurant is too noisy to hold a conversation, the runners and servers can't keep the correct pace, the food is sub par, and even after we mentioned our displeasure to the manager, his only response was to try it again, they were working things out. Please work things out on your own dime. For $90 a couple without alcohol, that's a very expensive training session.
- Good pizza, great location.fergusonjlfDined on 8/23/2014Unless you are starved plan to share a pizza with someone. We were surprised how quickly the main course came - just moments after appetizers.
- Just okayNotshyaroundfoodDined on 8/17/2014Ordered the chicken Fettucine Alfredo. Portion was a decent size, but it totally lacked flavor. The chicken tasted like plain boiled chicken with no seasoning at all. Cream sauce was also bland. Husband ordered the spaghetti and meatballs. He said it was average. We split a glass of sangria and that was actually delicious and was pleasantly surprised that it was not watered down. Did not try the pizza but it looked good. Seemed to be a popular choice. I would go back to try it. The prices seemed high, but everything at National Harbor to me is over priced for what you get. Don't mind paying for pricey food, but I expect it to be better than good to eat. Waiter was prompt and courteous. This was the second time eating there.Special Features:
- Nice but overpricedFrequentEaterDined on 8/14/2014I guess what you are paying for at Fiorellas is the location, on the waterfront at National Harbor. The food is nice enough, but $10 for a three meatball appetizer and $22 for a personal Pizza is - frankly - overpriced, and don't get me started on the price of the drinks!!!!. Our server was a gem , very helpful and nice, but she couldn't even begin to compensate for the feeling that the value for the money was just horrible. My wife and I are retired and eat out a lot, especially at Italian restaurants, and so we have ample comparisons (e.g. one comparison would be Ozzie's the Great American restaurant at Fairfax corner). I don't mind paying more when the food is exceptional - but sadly this was not the case here.
- Excellent pizzaKhowardDined on 8/6/2014The pizza is cooked in an oven built in Rome. So excellent. None this good since I was in Rome. Thin crust and cooked quickly. Yummy! Service a little spotty but the food well worth it. Open faced lasagne? Never heard of such but it was incredible. Can't wait to return next year.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Some good, mostly badJillDined on 8/3/2014We will probably not return to Fiorella. To begin, there was no silverware on our table and did not receive any until our food arrived and we had to ask for it. We did not get any bread for the table, and had to ask for that too (it was extremely delicious bread, so that was great!). They were out of all of the basic Italian dishes such as chicken parm and baked ziti. Two of our friends had to re-order twice because the restaurant was out of so many menu items. The pizza was very underwhelming and very expensive for what you got: it had sparse, lopsided toppings and had little flavor. Overall, we were disappointed and probably will not return to Fiorella given the large amount of dining options that are now available at the National Harbor.Special Features:
- MehJenLovesFoodDined on 8/2/2014This place was way too expensive for the quality. I wouldn't go back. Might be one of the cheapest in the harbor, but the decor is cheap, food is mediocre, and prices are ridiculous.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 7/28/2014This place has potential. The service was good. The food has potential but for the price paid it failed. The dough on my food was burned in some spots and under cooked in others. The interior of the restaurant was slightly dirty for 6pm. For example I shouldn't have to wipe crumbs off the seats before I sit down. Attention to details and more QC in the kitchen are needed.
- So soroadlesstraveledDined on 7/23/2014The Margherita pizza was just Ok, not really great. The Caesar salad was tasty and crisp. Our server had no clue about the wines offered and while she was pleasant, I did not get much of a vibe that she was excited about any of the food offerings. Kind of an odd atmosphere, trying to be homey like an Italian kitchen, but missed the mark.Special Features:
- Rustic but no garlic breadHuneybee7Dined on 7/15/2014Went with a friend and because of the rain in was quiet. A plus. The waiter took our orders delivered our food and we did not see him again until check time. The food was good but not GREAT. If your're hungry, it would satisfy. I had baked chicken alfredo, the chicken was bland but the sauce and homemade pasta made up for it. My friend had the open faced lasagne. It had 3 large meetballs, it was good. Over all not bad. I did not like the booths with the park like benches and seat cushions. and the table had the wrought iron legs and braces so I could not put my legs on my friend. LOLSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not a pleasant dinnerNotgoingbackDined on 7/12/2014We went to have lunch before, when there were just three tables with people eating and we liked it. That is why we came back But this time, with a full restaurant the experience was diferent The music plus the bad acustic for all the people talking it made it so nosy that it was impossible to carry a conversation My daughter got burn in her arm with a plate that was extremelly hot The food was ok but not great The service slow
- National HarborSharVIPDined on 7/12/2014Great pizza! Fun to sit outside and watch the tourist. You can hear the music from the outdoor stadium and see the ferris wheel. The décor is nice and the place is very energetic. Portions are huge!Special Features:
- Guess I was paying for location...aps7VIPDined on 7/5/2014Thought this would be a nice place for dinner in National Harbor. Prices were high ($28 for lasagna? side salads no less than $10?), but we sucked it up and went anyway. The food tasted fine, but for that kind of money, you'd think you'd at least be getting a generous portion of food. Hardly! This place needs to rethink its customer service strategy: either lower prices or bulk up entrees.
- Incredible food, terrible serviceDrTobogganDined on 6/15/2014The food is absolutely incredible here. But the place is so busy that trying to dine there is a nightmare. 20+ minutes of begging at the bar, but the lone (and rude) female bartender refused to serve us. This was not a crowded bar scene - there were only 8 people, but the bartender was too overwhelmed with drink orders for tables to serve anyone actually seated at the bar. Our waiter later explained that is just how it goes when she is working. Once seated at our table, we had to get our own highchair, despite numerous requests to the hostess. We also had to get our own water because the waitstaff was too overwhelmed to bring us any. Management needs to hire more staff and fire the bartender.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A birthday dinner for my husband.TwiggyDined on 6/14/2014I took my husband to Fiorella for his birthday. I recommended that he have the lasagna because it is so different from what we are used to and very good. I had the proscuitto calzone which was also very good. I also like the fact that they bring the tea in a carafe so you don't have to keep asking for refills.Special Features:
- Light food at National HarborCubfanDined on 6/4/2014Fiorella's at National Harbor offers a really nice alternative to the number of steak and fish (heavy, fancy and expensive) restaurants in the Nat. Harbor complex, and to the handful of fast-food choices. This is a nice middle ground. Caesar salad is excellent; the large bowl is more than enough for two to share. And the pizzas are awesome. We never had eggplant on a pizza before; very unique and good. Also their fennel sausage is just right.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- disappointedeatoutfrequentDined on 6/2/2014Pasta dish was drowning in a cream source. Could not taste anything at all.
- The following 36 reviews are from the Fiorella Italian Kitchen reviews archive.
- Fiorella - It's OKOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 5/17/2014My wife and I dined at Fiorella on Saturday, 17 May. Service was OK...our server was not very knowledgeable about the menu, to include descriptions of some of the more popular menu items. The food was OK...nothing special. We probably will not return to this restaurant.
- Good Italian FoodEatingIsAnEventDined on 5/10/2014Pretty good food in the National Harbor area of DC. I thoroughly enjoy their unique take on Lasagna every time I go there. It's big enough to split with 2 people. Also try the fried mozzarella balls. Those are quite tasty. OVerall, kinda pricey - but other options in the neighborhood are higher priced.Special Features:
- Birthday lunch3sumDined on 5/8/2014I received service fit for royalty. We ate outside for my son Prynce 3rd birthday. Our server was Great!! I can't wait to come back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 5/2/2014Small restaurant ... limited seating. Definitely make a reservation if dining on the weekend. Menu isn't extensive but they cover all the basics. There were three in our party and everyone ordered a dish that included meatballs. The meatballs were fantastic ... a must-have if you make it to Fiorella!
- Mixed experienceTrussyVIPDined on 4/13/2014Ate here with the family, on a sunny Sunday evening, had a table inside with the family. Hard to give a review here as the experience was so mixed. The restaurant is a bit of canteen, noisy, although it wasn't full. The service was charming, friendly to the kids - but brought the wrong wine and it took 3 attempts for the server to get my wife's order down, with the server finally asking me what my wife wanted. The menu is a bit limited, no kids menu (a surprise given it's a pretty informal spot). We had calamari, which was excellent, the pizza seems to be the speciality and my wife enjoyed hers. There is a lot of food on the pasta plates, kids enjoyed sharing a chicken alfredo and my steak and pasta was fine.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ItalianTMM1Dined on 4/5/2014The service and food here were excellent. The chef visited our table and was very accommodating to our needs. Thumbs up. It is worth your time to dine here if you visit the National Harbor.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food & Service were Awesome!DawnDined on 4/4/2014I was at a conference located at National Harbor with friends and we were looking for restaurant options for lunch and dinner. Dinner at this restaurant was fun, relaxing, and tasty! We all had something different (Mahi Mahi special, Chicken Alfredo, and Margareta Pizza) and all of us were very happy with the quality and portions of food. Also, our waiter was very friendly and provided great service. We will definitely eat here again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for pizza fans!BusinesstravellerVIPDined on 3/28/2014Limited menu. Nice selection of late read pizza, always a hit. Limited selections for the health conscious patron, and fish is overpriced and often under-cooked. In the heart of a tourist area, so it is often busy to the point of chaotic. Be sure to make your open table reservation. The staff has improved over time and is eager to please!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MehMarkDined on 3/17/2014I went on a week night and sat at the bar and had friendly service. The menu is very limited and mostly it seems to be a pizza place. I ordered the spaghetti with meatballs and it was good, but not special. If you plan on being "online" or use a smart phone, forget it. The wifi must be in the office in the back as it flat out won't work. You also can't get any 4G/3G signal as the building is concrete or something. I don't mean slow signal/service. I mean NO service.Special Features:
- Compared with what's around...alyoshaDined on 3/1/2014Overall fine. Food was good, not great. Ambiance was fine, a bit cramped and a bit noisy. Table was wobbly and there was no attempt at hiding the multiple wood screws drilled through the side of the table to hold the legs together. Service was fine. Really not worth the price, but not a lot of good options at the National Harbor. For conference attendees and folks staying at the hotels there, this is a fine option.Special Features:
- Fantastic food and ambiancePjtrivitaVIPDined on 2/28/2014Love Fiorella Italian Kitchen! Our latest discovery is to sit by the oven & watch the masters at work! It is a well oiled machine when the food prep and cooking come together. They have everything timed so that it comes out together and is perfectly prepared. I tried the salmon and veggies and it was spectacular. My hubby had our regular Eggplant Parm pizza and it was wonderful as always. The other thing we tried for the first time was the cheesecake with cherries - it was the best cheesecake I have ever had and just melted in my mouth. Can't wait for summer so we can sit outside and watch the sunset...but then we will miss the food show. Hmmm...that will be a tough choice but we will always go to Fiorella's when we eat at National Harbor!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great dinneriLiketoEatDined on 2/26/2014Had dinner at Fiorella with my family one weeknight. The service was good - the server was pretty knowledgeable of the food selection and pretty attentive to our needs. The food was great! Very flavorful and cooked well. I would say, if you do not eat pork (we don't), avoid anything with the meat sauce as that is made with both beef and pork. Overall, I think it was a good dinner, good atmosphere, and even with a pretty full area, it wasn't too loud.
- Good food - reasonable pricesrzspswVIPDined on 2/26/2014Fiorella Italian Kitchen is a cute neighborhood restaurant which appeared to be a local favorite. I came early, but the restaurant quickly filled up. It had an energetic atmosphere with several large groups. My server, Shay, was knowledgeable and did a great job offering service and recommendations on the menu. I ordered their special combination pizza. It came on a cracker crust and instead of having all of the toppings mixed together, it had separate sections for each topping (e.g. peperoni, Italian sausage, etc.). The pizza was good but a bit dry. I would ask for extra sauce next time. The bread pudding I had for dessert was also unique and quite tasty. The check came with a fresh baked chocolate chip cookie which was a nice touch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FiorellaElizabethDined on 2/22/2014I have been to this restaurant a few times in the past and I do like it. Their service is good but it's not spectacular. However, their food is relatively good. Its great in the summer when you can sit outside.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A National Harbor HitPatSVIPDined on 2/16/2014Great restaurant, very attentive staff, fun people and good food.. While National Harbor is out of the way for us, we wanted a good Italian place that had atmosphere and good food. While earlier reviews are somewhat negative, I noticed that more recent are very positive. I am not sure what has changed but we loved it, and will be going back. At the table we had the lasagna, chicken with pasta, and Pasta Florentine. While we all swore that we would be taking some home, based on the serving size, most of it disappeared at the table, it was just that good. The place does have some big tables, so if you have a group this could be a great place to go. On another note, it is all on a single floor, with no steps, so easily handicap accessible.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent foodpapawembaDined on 2/14/2014We went to Fiorella with my wife for Valentine, food was outstanding. The Margarita pizza is probably the best I've ever had, you should also try the calzone. The only downside is that they prepare their meat sauce with pork meat so we could not try the lasagna which is one of their specialty. There are a lot of people that don't eat pork meat for different reasons so the restaurant should give people the option of beef only sauce.Special Features:
- Very FriendlyTheHowellsDined on 2/14/2014From the time we walked in the door we were greeted with smiles and it continued with everyone we encountered. Everyone was friendly and on top of our every need. Our waitress was very personable and engaging. The LASAGNA is amaizing!!! Great Date Night place!!Special Features:
- Was pleasantly surprisedJulie123VIPDined on 2/8/2014I read mixed reviews of this restaurant but was pleasantly surprised. It was very crowded due to large dance/cheer competition but food came out fast, manager/server were very nice, loved the free chocolate chip cookies they brought around. I thought prices were in line with other restaurants in the area. Would go back!Special Features: