601 Pennsylvania Ave., NW
Washington, DC 20004Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.fioladc.com/
- Phone: (202) 628-2888
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday- Friday 11:30am - 2:00pm
Dinner: Monday - Thursday 5:30pm - 10:30pm, Friday 5:30-11:30pm, Saturday 5:00pm - 11:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Fabio Trabocchi
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Special Events: For special events, please contact Siobhan at firstname.lastname@example.org
A word from Fiola
Fiola, Fabio Trabocchi's modern Italian Trattoria, features Italian cuisine with an emphasis on fresh local ingredients from our farms and markets. The menu will change constantly focusing on seasonal ingredients.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
- Diners' Choice WinnerItalian
Fiola reviews from OpenTable diners
336 reviews since July 25, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (238)special occasion (226)notable wine list (138)romantic (126)great for outdoor dining (88)great for lunch (64)neighborhood gem (58)hot spot (56)good for groups (44)vibrant bar scene (25)great for brunch (10)late-night find (9)scenic view (4)kid-friendly (3)Show More
- First time dinner in Fiola2StarsBraboVIPDined on 11/19/2014It was very cold that night and I did not see any soup on the menu. I asked and they made me a delicious seafood soup. I asked for more broth and my request was honored. I had the lobster ravioli which I previously had at Fiola Mare. It is delicious. A few more pieces of ravioli would be appreciated to balance the lobster meat.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Expensive but worth iteatsaroundDined on 11/18/2014My mom and I went to Fiola's for a special lunch get-together and we were both very impressed. From being greeted at the door (and offered tea - that was VERY welcome on a cold day) to kindness of the staff, we have a fantastic experience all around. Another thing I really liked is people were not 'grouped' together; if someone else came in, they were seated elsewhere rather than right by us. I really appreciate that as I hate it how some restaurants try to keep everyone together, thus ensuring it gets loud and crowded in no time flat. The food was great and the wine list was huge. The staff were quick to assist and refill our glasses. The tab was hefty - hence, this is definitely for a special occasion - but I would absolutely recommend Fiola and I will be back myself.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Enjoyed!OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 11/17/2014Celebrated a special birthday with a dear friend. Service and food were both excellent! We will be back!Special Features:
- PhenomenalAllesKlarGRAFDined on 11/10/2014The food is great. The staff was great. The wine was amazing (a little pricey, though). Good for late night dining and special occasions. There was a group there that evening and they seemed to have great service and a happy experience...maybe a good spot for a group birthday dinner. Awesome. Definitely recommend Fiola. And the branzino...wow!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- High-End EatsOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/8/2014Wonderful food, excellent service. I never felt that I was part of a theatrical performance as is sometimes the case with high-end restaurants; our waiter was warm, helpful, and knowledgeable. His recommendations were terrific--we described what sort of wine we wanted, and he hit it on the nail. The superlative food--particularly the prosciutto-wrapped veal shank with truffle-mushroom pot pie--was presented beautifully, but unfussily. Plating of the extraordinary apple dessert (served to the table next to us, alas) was terrific. Smooth. Worth it for a big night.Special Features:
- Wonderful Date NightOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 11/8/2014My wife and I went to Fiola for a special date night. We knew it was going to be expensive so we went all out. Our food was very good through the entire meal. The only downside being that the scallops they served my wife were borderline cold on the inside. However, the manager more than made up for it by comping our desert and giving me a complimentary splash of red wine to go along with my steak. Speaking of the steak, it was delicious but I kind of wish I would've tried something different. Overall, we were very happy with our decision. The food was great and the service was excellent. We will consider going again, but only for a special occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Special OccasionFoodCriticoDined on 11/8/2014Overall our visit to Fiola was nice. Ordered a couple of appetizers, pasta dish, and entrees. All very tasty. Great wine selection too. Our only gripe was service being really slow. The larger groups at the restaurant seemed to be getting most of the attention. We were planning on having dessert but got tired of waiting for the waitress. So when she finally showed up, we just ordered the check.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/8/2014Tables are very close together and make it hard to speak privately and get into the boothsSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- pricey but worth itRichmondFoodieVIPDined on 11/7/2014The food was absolutely terrific, everything from the salad to the pasta with veal ragu. The food is really worth the money, but I would have appreciated more wine options under $100/bottle - even with restaurant markup there's plenty of outstanding wines in the $50 range.Special Features:
- FannieDined on 11/7/2014The food was delicious. The service was wonderful. The restaurant is very good looking. When we arrived at 6:30 pm the noise level was fine. As the restaurant filled up it became more and more difficult for us to hear one another.Special Features:
- Quite an ExperienceMayolessDined on 11/7/2014We dined here last night, and since it was the first go-around, we each went with the tasting menu. The dishes were spectacularly presented and flavorful. And the service was first rate. Our favorite dish was the pheasant tortellini, but there was nothing served to us that was short of phenomenal. Wine pairings were also very thoughtful. Only complaint is the layout of the dining area. If you are a party of two, you will likely be packed into one of two very compact rows. Unfortunately, you can hear everything but the inner thoughts of those sitting next to you. It would be much better if the management would simply remove a table in each of the rows to give diners a little more space.Special Features:
- hungryfox1Dined on 11/6/2014Outstanding food, service and staff assistance. A most enjoyable evening.Special Features:
- Classy with good foodCicaDined on 11/1/2014sonetimes you go to a restaurant because of the ambience and the food dissapoints. Other times you just want nice food and forfeit the modern, classy, sleek look. In Fiola you do neither. The attention to detail in the simple and ellegant decor was just as appreciated as the beautifully presented mouth-watering pasta dish I had. My husband had fish and he said it was good as well. It isn't on the cheep side - dinner for four with a shared appetizer and two shared deserts cost around $80 per person. However i would definately recommend and go again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/1/2014Outstanding service and food. I can't recommend this establishment enough!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Classic ItalianCathJMoynVIPDined on 11/1/2014Great wine list, good service, lovely bar, delicious food. Just wish there was more range in the cocktail list - love to experiment with "signature" cocktails, but many (most?) choices were too sweet. We'll go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Perfect LunchOT4youVIPDined on 10/29/2014Fiola is fabulous!! Terrific house made pasta was delicious. Wonderful wine selection and amazing service. My new favorite!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- impressed by the friendly staffwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwDined on 10/28/2014we knew the food would be very good; however, we were also impressed by the very friendly and helpful staff, giving excellent advice and making the evening very enjoyable;Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 10/28/2014I tried the six course dinner from the Chef's creations, and a nice bottle of red wine. Each one of the dishes was delicious and well presented, with a delicate balance of flavors, texture, and portion size. While the restaurant is definitely pricey, it is definitely worth it and one I will surely visit again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 10/25/2014This is not your traditional red sauce Italian restaurant. The menu choices are all so enticing that it's hard to make a choice. All of our group chose the prix-fixe menu, with somewhat different choices, but none of us were disappointed. Wine list has some interesting values. As with many other restaurants, the noise level is a real impediment to conversation, and detracts from the meal.Special Features:
- A Culinary Home RunArlingtonianVIPDined on 10/25/2014Ambitious, creative, well-executed and beautiful plates. This is classic fine dining. The tasting menu presented one superb course after another, many with luxury products such as shave black truffles and foie gras. The cocktails are impeccably mixed and garnished and the wine list is impressive. Our server was knowledgable and patient and the pacing of the meal was perfect. All this is priced accordingly. This is a one-a-year splurge at most.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 10/25/2014Would improve wine list but otherwise great place!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fiola before NewseumGrahamaVIPDined on 10/24/2014We had after hour access to the Newseum and wanted a nearby spot to dine so we tried Fiola and found the food was excellent, the libations first rate, and the service attentive. Unfortunately it cost 3 times as much as comparable dining experiences so we cannot enthusiastically endorse itSpecial Features:
- Consistently GreatPWDCVIPDined on 10/24/2014Every time I visit Fiola the service is terrific and the food, delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent food & serviceDCRubyDined on 10/24/2014Great food and wonderful service. Nice menu variety and excellent quality. The lobster ravioli had a generous amount of lobster - delicious!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great restaurantRedBaronVIPDined on 10/24/2014I've been to this restaurant a number of times for lunch and I've never been disappointed. The menu is creative without being unapproachable. The food is always quite beautifully presented and equally tasty. They usually have a prix fixe menu at lunch that is quite reasonable and often worth the try just to get a full sampling of every course from appetizer to dessert. The service is also quite attentive without being obsequious. Although only one of our party of four ordered the prix fixe menu, the waiter showed up with desserts for the rest of the table so that they wouldn't feel left out.Special Features:
- B-Day lunch for a friendOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 10/22/2014Brought a good friend for her birthday lunch last week; she has gluten and other food allergies and the staff/chef accommodated her dietary issues with ease and grace. My fish dish was the second best I've ever eaten; first was at Emeril's at NOLA. The lunch was absolutely delicious and my friend was thrilled to have been treated to such a wonderful lunch for her b-day.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 10/21/2014It was a milestone birthday for my wife and we had a fabulous dinner. The food is great, service attentive, but not overbearing. We had a wonderful evening.Special Features:
- Upscale Italian Gemj0815VIPDined on 10/18/2014Saturday was my first time dining at Fiola. We were celebrating my boyfriend's 31st birthday and I definitely walked away feeling like I'd picked the perfect restaurant for the occasion. Closest thing to authentic Italian food I've found in DC. Some highlights from the meal were the strip loin tartare, duck and donuts. I'm eager to try the lobster ravioli next time I dine there. Highly recommend this restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Superlative in every wayOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 10/18/2014Went for our 16th wedding anniversary and I couldn't have asked for a better experience. We both had the 6 course tasting menu and there wasn't a weak dish in the bunch. Especially phenomenal was the hamachi crudo, the tilefish and the veal ravioli. The service was excellent as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AwesomeTerp79VIPDined on 10/17/2014Fiola was a 1st for us and definitely worthy of a repeat. We were running late after a show and the hostess referred our request for late seating to the owner/Chef who said it was not a problem.Special Features:
- Fiesta ItalianaJuanloDined on 10/15/2014We went with friends and had an italian feast! We shared most of what we ordered, like being in Italy. The Amatriciana was "fantastica"!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fine Italian DiningSusanVVIPDined on 10/15/2014Fiola is a tried and true fine dining experience. The menu stays diverse but you can always find your favorite comfort food you've grown to love over the past few years.Special Features:
- Best in DCaliciaDined on 10/13/2014We went there for our last night visit in DC. They were friendly and we had a very pleasant evening. We would say that food was excellent but there was dish that we did not like, both of us but they strike ditch out of the bill! So I 'd say overall rating should be very good plus. Our waiter was charming and professional, he gave us the feeling that he really care that you feel at home and that you like what you eat. But also the others and as a matter of fact each of the staff. My husband says that it is one of the best stakes that he had for a long time and I had rhe ravioli lobster that was wonderful. We did not share the desserts as each of us liked his own very much; bombolini and chocolate cake.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous lunch! Do not miss!1MaryBethVIPDined on 10/13/2014I love this place - everything about it: service, decor, location and the food. Walkable to lots of the museums and Smithsonian. It's a little more formal a dining room, but you can come in jeans and casual attire for lunch. Staff were more than welcoming to us and our 9 year old son for lunch, making great recommendations. My son loved it too. We had the Burrata salad, 1/2 portions of the lobster ravioli and duck confit tortellini, and the fish of the day. The pasta is some of the freshest and best I have had outside of Italy. The lobster is so delicate and always on the menu, pure lobster meat with butter and chives. The duck was more complex with candied orange. Great wines by the glass. Pricey, but highly recommend this place.Special Features:
- Excellent service, decadent dishesOldTownTarHeelVIPDined on 10/11/2014My husband and I went to fiola for our first anniversary. When we arrived for our reservation they walked to sit us at a long communal row of two tops, and love kids normally but they were seating us next to a table with a young kid. Not what we had in mind for our romantic first anniversary. I quietly asked if there was a more private table and the fantastic group of three hostesses set us up with complimentary prosecco at a high top at the bar while we waited for a beautiful table by the window to finish. The sommelier Casper helped pick a perfect wine and the food was phenomenal. Definitely recommend the beef tartare and lobster ravioli. And the bread was to die for! Definitely recommend for a special occasion. a truly memorable night!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A great place to celebrateItalianfoodsnobDined on 10/11/2014We went to celebrate an anniversary and ordered the four course meal with the wine pairing. We had a specialty cocktail beforehand and a dessert afterward. The food, drinks, and wine were terrific. They also went out of their way to make it a memorable occasion. It is pricey to do the pairing, but worth it for a special occasion.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 10/9/2014My husband loves Fiola so when I asked him what he wanted to do for his birthday, he said Fiola. I made reservations on Open table indicating it was a birthday celebration. When we got there, we didn't get our drink order until 15 minutes after arriving. During dinner, my husband was opening birthday cards. During this time, our waiter, asked if it was a special occasion. I wanted to say, read your Open table reservations!!!. We ordered dessert and received a separate dish of sorbet for my husband' birthday dessert. Been coming here since 2012 and have seen a drop in service and presentation. Definitely not impressed with service.Special Features:
- fantasticMadHatterinDCDined on 10/7/2014Wow! The pappardelle was amazing! The service was also outstanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- EAO27VIPDined on 10/4/2014We had great service and everything we ordered food/drink wise was delicious! Our server was delightful and very knowledgeable of the menu and history of the different wines and choices. The atmosphere was on the quieter side, but still full life and very relaxing to enjoy your meal with those around you without having to raise your voice. Will definitely go back!Special Features:
- Very PleasedTWGBDined on 10/4/2014The food is outstanding. Each dish we ordered was extraordinary and memorable. If you have not tried Fiola and are reading reviews to decide whether you should try it, you should. It is worth it. We will return, especially for the lobster ravioli. As for service, it was sloppy to start which was a cause for concern, but once orders were taken, service improved considerably throughout the rest of the evening.Special Features: